Antique Stove Heaven

With Angi since July 2010

5414 Western Ave

Los Angeles, CA 90062

We have 31 years of experience working with antique stoves and can offer you expert advice on all your stove related questions. In addition, our professional staff can restore your old stove into the stove of your dreams. Your stove can be shipped throughout the country and even internationally if

02/22/2017

J S.

He is always very thorough and does it very quickly. He probably took an hour to do the work. His work is really good. The demeanor is a little different. He gets right to the point and is not there for chit chat. He is very direct. He is not kind of a warm and fuzzy kind of guy. They said when they could do it. They were here on time, I believe. The quality of work was fine I have used them a number of times because I have an old stove.

Description of Work
I used Antique Stove Heaven to repair a spring in my oven door. He had to take the oven door apart.

05/26/2015

Sharon M.

Service man tried to duplicate problem with gas oven not lighting but after several attempts had no issue in having oven ignite & heating. Though he was at home for at least 15-20 mins he did not charge a service fee stating he didn't do anything. This is a first in my experience and would definitely call his company in the future.

Description of Work
Tenant said 1952 gas oven wouldn't light even though could smell gas.

07/17/2014

Dawn F.

The technician was prompt and very thorough. Giving me all my options before performing service. Ive used them multiple times over the past 13 years to keep my antique stoves in perfect condition. They will be my only call for future service and I would highly recommend this company to anyone with an antique stove.

Description of Work
Serviced my O'keefe and merritt antique stove, 1 burner wasn't igniting and the broiler door was not shutting securely. Performed general maintenance on my addtl O'keefe and Merritt stove in my rental unit

06/28/2014

Shelley L.

Antique Stove Heaven is just that - a needle in a haystack find. This is a kind, family run business and took awhile to secure an appointment, but short of me hunting down parts and fixing my beloved turquoise stove myself, it was worth the wait. Winsor is a pro, and while I don't look forward to having to call him again too soon, I wouldnt hesitate. Highly recommended if you've got a vintage stove that you love.

Description of Work
Replaced a part in my 60s electric oven

06/17/2014

Ruth L.

Windsor Williams was marvelously efficient, very knowledgeable, neat and prompt. I really love our old Pioneer ovens and when anything goes wrong, I keep my fingers crossed that they haven't given up the ghost. Windsor not only assured me the ovens were fine, but had the resources to replace the part, even though the oven is old. When my tenant had a problem and her oven would not light, I called Windsor Williams again and he was here the very next morning, fixed the problem in no time.

Description of Work
Reset oven in tenant's apartment but also did previous work replacing safety valve on my oven. Both ovens are from the 1950s.

06/11/2014

John C W.

They sent out a repair person on a Saturday. He was efficient, knowledgeable, and personable. He quickly diagnosed and repaired the problem.

Description of Work
Repair reset switch on O'Keefe & Merritt stove/oven.

05/26/2014

Teresa K.

I called and talked to Winsor. Explained to him about what needed to be fixed. Set up an appt for the following week. He called about 30 minutes before arrival, so that my husband can be at home from work when he arrived. Once he came, he fixed the oven in about 50 mins. Now the oven works great! It used to always be on broil(highest setting), not matter what temperature was set. Now my food no longer gets burnt, and the broiler door no longer flips open automatically. I looked at the few gas wall ovens available on the market today, and they all look like flimsy pieces of junk. The reviews on them were terrible: they will either rust or breakdown within 2 years. I am glad that I called Antique Store Heaven for help! Since I live in the western part of San Fernando Valley near Woodland Hills, and he was coming from West LA, the service call charge was $150, and $200 for the thermostat part. $50 was for the broiler door hinge part. UPDATE: Within a week, the thermostat knob fell off, but I was able to re-attach it, and one time when my husband was using the oven, he burned his arm from retrieving the knob from inside the oven where it fell in. I called this provider again, and Winsor came out on 6/11/14 and fixed the knob. We'll see if it stays in place.

Description of Work
Winsor replaced the broken thermostat on my 1960's O'Keefe & Merritt gas wall oven, and fixed the broken broiler oven door hinge.

05/26/2014

Josephine C.

Winston came out to unclog two of the burners on our beloved 70+ year old O'Keefe and Merritt stove. He was on time, a consummate professional and treated the stove like an old friend. He fixed it in no time flat and got it working beautifully again. We plan on using Antique Stove Heaven forever!

Description of Work
Unclogged stove burners.

05/21/2014

William K.

They charged me $200, because they had to change parts. The service was very quick and reasonable. The guy was there no less than half hour, and he cleaned everything out.

Description of Work
We used Antique Stove Heaven. They fixed our antique stove.

04/11/2014

Barry W.

Excellent experience, start to finish! We have an almost 20 yr old American Crown double oven stove. One oven needed a new safety valve. After getting an extremely high estimate from one repairer, we found ASH on yelp. After my email inquiry, Windsor responded almost immediately and requested a photo of the valve assembly, which I sent. He said they could fix it and I set up an appointment with his friendly secretary. He arrived within the time window; in under 20 min. he replaced the valve and fired up the oven, good as new. It's always a pleasure to watch an expert do his thing. The cost was half of the first estimate. Great to know ASH is out there if we need them.

Description of Work
Replaced oven safety valve.

01/21/2014

elizabeth E.

They were on time and very pleasant. They were very knowledgeable about the product, even though it is over 50 years old.

Description of Work
The springs had fallen off my oven door so it would just fall open. They replaced the springs, as well as the oven temperature knob.

11/13/2013

joanne D.

I have been using their services for three years. They make house calls and come to you to the work. They are a family owned company. They have expensive knowledge on antique stoves and an incredible inventory on parts. They are amazing!

Description of Work
They have repaired my Antique Wedgewood stove.

11/12/2013

Barbara B.

Oven would not work. Called Gas Co. and was told it was the gadget ignites the oven needed replacing. Called two service companies on Angie's List. They would not give me price of part. Then called Antique Stove Heaven. Very professional. Told me price of part which was exactly that Gas Co. had told me.. Winston was in the area on a service call. When finished he called me and arrived shortly. He had the part replaced within 15 minutes. Oven now works perfectly. I will never use company that refused to give me prices of parts and labor. Stove Heaven was excellent and would used again without hesitation.

Description of Work
Installed a new device that ignites my oven

10/04/2013

Dorothy R.

After scheduling my appointment, a company representative called me the night before to reconfirm. The technician called me approximately 30 minutes before his arrival to let me know he was on his way. He serviced my antique range quickly and talked to me the entire time, explaining what he was doing and giving me helpful suggestions.

Description of Work
The provider serviced my 63 year old range.

08/27/2013

Carol B.

Mr. Williams called and showed up when schedule. He repaired my antique Custom Imperial stove. It has a double oven and broiler. The small side just blew out. He showed me WHY it had shorted out and repaired it. He was very professional and explained everything he was doing plus he was very concerned not to damage my floor when moving the stove out from the wall.

Description of Work
repaired thermostat in an antique stove

06/24/2013

Scott M S.

Scheduling the service was frustrating. They weren't very flexible about times in the office. But the service technician, Winsor, was much more responsive. After the initial service, a couple burners still didn't work. Winsor worked with us on time to come back out and repair them free of charge.

Description of Work
We bought a used Wedgewood stove and asked them to come out and hook it up and make sure it was working properly.

12/19/2012

Amanda B.

Our wall oven had a small gas leak. We'd had the gas company out twice--the first time we thought they fixed it, and the second time, they told us the oven needed a new part. My husband called around and was quoted varying prices up to $500 for the part and repair. When the service man from Antique Stove Heaven came to look at the oven, he confirmed that we needed a new part and that the price would be $249 for the part AND install. We had a little delay getting the part installed; I can't remember exactly why but there were some missed calls and it was about a week before they could come back out and do the install, but that was fine. The oven still worked so we weren't really in a rush. The guy (I cannot remember his name) was very nice and knowledgable. He examined the entire oven and told us that it was in good shape and not to let anyone tell us we needed a new one, which I thought was great because the oven is about 15 years old and I was worried we would need to replace it soon. He did not seem to be trying to upsell us in any way. He also talked to us about how the oven is vented and had some interesting insight into the rest of the kitchen structure. We just bought our house in March; It was built in the 20s but has had some renovations in the kitchen, so we're still trying to figure out what the original setup was. I got the feeling he had seen a lot of older houses so he knew a lot about the way they were built. Overall, it was a great experience for us and we were very pleased with the price, too. We would definitely call them again in the future if we have any other oven issues.

Description of Work
Replaced a regulator/igniter in our 15-year old gas wall oven.

12/14/2012

Cecilia T.

The technician was a very nice man. He was very professional, answered any questions that I had, and within an hour, everything was done. Their price was less than I expected, too!

Description of Work
I have a stove that's almost 60 years old. The burners were not operating properly, so he repaired them.

11/27/2012

HOWARD W.

Service done and completed. Again, the costs to repair these type of stoves are expensive but that's the reality. My only reason for the "B" is on account of price and that it took about a week to get someone there but otherwise, service was done properly and professionally.

Description of Work
Older O'Keefe & Merritt oven would not work. Problem was a faulty safety valve which needed to be replaced. Unfortunately parts for these older stoves are expensive but if you want to keep it, you have to decide to pay the price. Part replaced and oven is working. Also adjusted and cleaned the burners.

11/15/2012

Howard N.

In my first call to Antique Stove Heaven, they asked specifications of the appliances. I took measurements and pictures and sent them over to them by email. When I followed up, they informed me that they would be able to obtain the necessary parts, and then quoted me the prices for each and for labor. We set up a date and time. They showed up, fixed everything up, checked it, and I was happy. They came through as promised.

Description of Work
I have a 60 year old electric oven and stove at my family's house. Both appliances had elements that were not working properly. I was easily able to send pictures and the measurements over to Antique Stove Heaven and they were able to provide the needed parts to get everything up and in working order again. I am certainly pleased that I did not have to completely replace these appliances.

10/15/2012

patricia B.

The service man came and examined the range, I explained the problems. He gave me a date, when he would return. Since the broken parts are no longer available, he had to make them in his shop. The price was what he said it was. He was very efficient, very professional. I would definitely call him again, if I have another problem. The range works like new.

Description of Work
Repaired the broiler door of my Gaffers and Sattler range from 1950's. Fixed the support mechanism for two burners.

09/19/2012

Cynthia H.

He arrived at the appointed time, assessed the problem, and set about to fix the oven. He also cleaned up the stovetop burners and set them so the flame can now burn higher. The price was fair and the work was finished in almost no time.

Description of Work
Winsor re-started our oven, cleaned the burners, and set the burner flames so that they can burn higher if needed. He also adeptly replaced the springs on the oven door which would have been impossible for the lay person. He was prompt, knowledgeable and quick.

07/10/2012

Kathy B.

They did an excellent job, and the stove looks like new.

Description of Work
They refinished a 1947 O'Keefe and Merritt stove to improve its aesthetics and functionality.

Category appliance refinishing

05/21/2012

CAROLYN K.

The only info that I could provide was that my Wedgewood oven had stopped working. I was given and appointment for repair and the repairman showed up on schedule. He was courteous and polite. Within a few minutes, told me what the problem was and how much it would cost. He had this part in his truck. He replaced it in another few minutes. He took some time to look over the rest of my stove. He told me every thing was fine.

Description of Work
Oven safety valve was replaced.

05/10/2012

Vivian B.

These guys (and lady) are TRULY a God-send. I debated whether to give them an A or B for Price, but decided on "A" because when you are EXPERTS in your field, as these guys are, you can't expect the "bargain prices" that I normally look for. And PLEASE understand that I have NEVER felt over-charged all the times I have used them, but, being the bargain-hunter that I am, I just expect that when I have to call them, that I have to pay an HONEST price. I have used them for both my home and also my rental property. They truly know their business, always have all the parts (either on-hand or know how it get it quick), and the lady that answers the phone (I think is also family) is also very knowledgeable and pleasant. I can't say enough GOOD about these people ( and that is VERY rare for me, probably because I bargain-shop too much). I have purchased two antique stoves from them over the years, and have used them to add an automatic ignition system to another antique stove that I found at a garage sale. They are ALWAYS friendly (but not too friendly like some contractors that talk your head off and charge YOU for that time), they are VERY VERY knowledgeable, and ALWAYS do what they say, WHEN they say they will do it. I THINK THEY SHOULD GET ONE OF THOSE SUPER SERVICE AWARDS. I truly love and appreciate this FAMILY-OWNED-AND-RUN business and although I have another knowledgeable repairman that knows antiques and works at what I call BARGAIN prices whom I use for just routiine adjustments, I would never hesitate to call ANTIQUE STOVE HEAVEN whenever I have a serious problem that he can't fix, or whenever I am in the market for another antique stove (currently have 3 - I'm addicted and will never buy one of these new pieces of junk mnufacturers are now making).

Description of Work
Installed an automatic ignition system on an old wedgewood, re-porcelain top of an O'Keefe & Merit, and installed another O'Keefe and Merit at a different property (I don't remember dates because I don't know if they were on angieslist when I used them).