A boat dock gives you access to the lake or ocean, making it a wonderful addition for your family and home. This guide breaks down the costs of building a boat dock.
Get matched with top dock builders in Boston, MA
There are 11 highly-rated local dock builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Dock Building Reviews in Boston
- Bulkhead Doors IncBulkhead Doors Inc. provided a reasonable estimate, were able to get to the job a few weeks sooner than expected, and did an overall great job. I would highly recommend.
- The Bulkhead Man IncorporatedOur bulkhead needed to be customized since it didn't fit any standard size. We reached out to Joe (owner) who came over very quickly after contact to give us an estimate. Not only was he extremely communicative his work was fantastic. Joe was very honest with us (no surprises) and kept making sure we were happy with the process/work. The team did an exceptional job
- Len Gibely ContractingIt went wonderful. When they got into the project they found a few things in the estimate but everything went fine. They did a good job.
- Henry Scopa Home ImprovementsSomeone from the firm (Beth) called back within a day to schedule a time for Henry to come to my home to give me an estimate. I received a written estimate about two days later. I had a couple of questions, which we answered immediately. Henry was able to replace the steps within a week of the estimate, which I really appreciated, as I wanted to get it done before winter. Henry and his crew member arrived ON TIME (that's rare) and not only did a nice job on the steps, but also fixed a board for me on the back porch and fixed some broken lattice around my front porch (for free!). It was so terrific to come home from work and see my beautiful new steps
- The Bulkhead Man IncorporatedI am the type of guy who will spend 3 hours researching to make sure I pick a good person to do work on my house and I created an Angie's account to give Joe this review; he owns and operates The Bulkhead Man Inc. Stop researching other contractors and call him. He knows more about bulkheads, than anyone else you could work with. He calls it bulkheadology, there is a science to it, and Joe knows it. When I asked him, he said he's been working on bulkheads for 26 years (as of 2018), and has installed over 4,000 of them. I asked him a ton of questions and he was friendly, polite, and professional even though some of my questions were a bit stupid. The quality of the work was phenomenal, I was getting water every time it rained, and the door I had wasn't insulated and extremely drafty. After he was done, we got 1.5 inches of rain and I didn't get a drop of water, the insulated door seals so tightly, that when I open it, not only can you hear the suction, but the bulkhead doors rattle. Joe shows up with a crew of a few guys, if you want to hang around and watch what they're doing, they're hysterical and extremely hard working. They do a lot of jobs together and you can tell by their teamwork and all the laughing. Joe's getting a lot of attention recently and he's very busy, so call him. I'm extremely happy with the work he did at my house and you will be too
- Saw Dust ConstructionMarty actually built our house in 1997-1998. We have continually used him to provide additional services where we added on to the house or repair certain items. He therefore has worked for us for more than twelve years. He is a very capable carpenter. Even though his office is not close to our home, we always call Marty because of his knowledge of our house and his dependability
- Plano Builders LLCWhat ever I was told would be done was and when they said it would be done it was. I was very pleased with them and they worked with me if I ran into any problems.
- Nicolet Home ImprovementsJeremy Nicolet's work for me really deserves an A+ in every respect. I would certainly hire him again and recommend him to anybody. Jeremy was quick to respond to my request for an estimate and arrived promptly at the scheduled time. Although the work is a somewhat unusual job (dock repair), he was quick to grasp the issues and how best to deal with them. His estimate was accurate and reasonable. He was good about following up on a few issues, such as providing an insurance certificate, between the date of the estmate and the date of the work. This job is time critical, because it can only be done easily in a narrow window of time after the water level of the lake has been lowered in the fall and before winter weather closes in. Over 10 years, I have repeatedly had problems getting contractors to show up when scheduled and have several times lost the window as a result. Jeremy understood the time sensitivity and fit me into his schedule on less than a week's notice. On the day of the work, Jeremy arrived 10 minutes early and with all the tools and help we had agreed. He promptly got to work and was very skilled, hard working and efficient throughout the job. We had estimated the time required at at 4-6 hours and agreed on a 4 hour minimum. He finished the job quite nicely in 3.25 hours, not including clean up, and we used the extra time up to the minimum to repair a wooden fence gate. He did a good job cleaning up at the end of the job. I am extremely impressed by Jeremy's professionalism and the quality of his work. It was a pleasure to work with him
- Bay State BulkheadMy fence needed to be removed for access to a very tight area for Rich to work. A crane needed to be brought in to drop the new bulkhead in place. It was a very long full day of work for Rich and his crew. Very professional and pleasant.
- Socelvic CoSocelvic did a fantastic job here. Not only did they complete the original job on time and on budget, but they fixed a major problem we discovered in the staircase. Their work is excellent and an excellent value.
Last update on November 24, 2020
Dock Builders in Boston
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful dock builder articles
Find out why it's important to hire a shoreline landscaping contractor to keep your shoreline in good health. Learn about the specialist knowledge they bring and how they can help your property.
Find dock builders in
dock builders in Boston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Henry Scopa Home Improvements16 Shetland St
Boston, Massachusetts 02119
- Henry Scopa Home Improvements
- Dan's Painting and Carpentry26 Beacon St 34B
Burlington, Massachusetts 01803
- Dan's Painting and Carpentry
- Peirce Home Improvement IncPO Box 80
WESTBOROUGH, Massachusetts 01581
- Peirce Home Improvement Inc
- The Bulkhead Man Incorporated75 Fuller St
Middleboro, Massachusetts 02346
- The BullBagPO Box 978
North Branford, Connecticut 06471
- The Finisher (R and R Construction)9 Off Lake St
East Weymouth, Massachusetts 02189
- THORSON RESTORATION & CONSTRUCTION125 FIREWORKS CIRCLE 1
Bridgewater, Massachusetts 02324
- TLC Construction LLC55 Downey street
Hopkinton, Massachusetts 01748
- Trevor Kelly construction services inc26 saint paul street
Wilmington, Massachusetts 01887
- The Bulkhead Man Incorporated
- Unversal Home Renovations25 Melody Ln
Johnston, Rhode Island 02919
- Unversal Home Renovations
- Victory Construction81 South st
Tewksbury, Massachusetts 01876
- Victory Construction