A boat dock gives you access to the lake or ocean, making it a wonderful addition for your family and home. This guide breaks down the costs of building a boat dock.
Get matched with top dock builders in Baltimore, MD
There are 4 highly-rated local dock builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Dock Building Reviews in Baltimore
- B & W Marine ConstructionBetter than expected on time did what they said they would do for price they quoted ,crew did awesome work
- B & W Marine ConstructionI consider myself a pretty good judge of character, and I work with building contractors and subcontractors year-round. My experience with Steve was one of the best. He was true to his word, his crew was courteous and prompt, and the quality of his work is outstanding. Before setting on B&W, I interviewed three other marine construction companies. Steve too the most time, was most detailed, offered the most suggestions, and was equal to or less than all the others in price. I am pleased that I went with B&W and highly recommend giving them a call for your next project
- B & W Marine ConstructionSteve and company did a fantastic job. Well above and beyond our expectations. We highly recommend B& W.
- Superior Deck And FenceThe contractor removed existing pilings and decking and replaced the entire pier. His crew demolished the existing pier deck. he then supervised the subcontractor that replaced the pilings and had his own crew construct the new deck. Al work was top quality, done on time and on budget.
- B&S Marine Construction, Inc.This contractor was called in because the one we first retained with contract could not do the job when the permit was finally issued. They recommended B&S Marine because they have worked together for years. We had no problem letting B&S do the job once we met the owner, Drew Schmitt. Once B&S inspected our pier they scheduled his barge to be on the job within 2 days. And they showed up as promised and did a wonderful job. I was present for most of the work. They are professional and experienced. All of the pilings, stingers and decking was 1st class material. All of the old pilings and decking materials were hauled away by B&S. Their copper caps on the pilings are custom done, one at a time for each particular piling. The job went very smoothly. And I would recommend this company to anyone
- B & W Marine ConstructionThe project is finished. Bulkhead and dock were built with competent professionalism, and in a reasonable amount of time. Steve answered promptly each time we contacted him, and took care of the requests. The workers came when they said they would and cleaned up behind themselves. Two small additional chores remained when the major work was done, and they came back and did them with no problem, after having been paid. We recommend Steve Batze and his company highly. The price was quite reasonable for the job that was done. We could not have been more pleased
- B & W Marine ConstructionFantastic. I was referred to this company and before I signed the contract, we checked four previous jobs (spoke with the individuals and went to their residences). Obviously the reviews were favorable -- but more importantly was that all four parties said only fantastic things about B&W to include quality and value of the work. We searched no more and did not regret it. This was the one major project that had to happen in our house when we moved in and we were obviously concerned with who we chose. We have been more than pleased. Steve Batze, the owner, is concerned, decent, rational, fair, smart and easy to work with. BTW -- was everything perfect? No, but then for those few items, Steve readily ensures they meet the customer's standards. We now have a magnificent pier/landing (on Broad Creek in Annapolis) decked with ipe (absolutely worth the additional cost in the short AND long run), superb boat and jet ski lift (by Tidetamer), a bulkhead that we won't have to worry about for decades, and beautiful, quality workmanship. Oh -- and Steve's crew is exceptional: punctual, hard-working, polite, disciplined. Steve also recommended a permit guy who worked out very well. Timing. B&W is exceptionally busy. I started my coordination in May 2015. My deadline for completion was April 2016. It was tight, but it happened. The permit process alone takes three months. The majority of the work at the house took about two weeks. All the other odds and ends (lifts, etc.) dragged things out another week or so. If you want quality waterfront work at a reasonable price I ABSOLUTELY recommend B&W
- Shoreline Marine Construction LLCFrom the beginning to the end of the project Bobby, Ken and their men were true professionals. This was a three week project and they arrived every morning on time, always cheerful, pleasant and ready to work. The quality of their work went beyond my expectations, never rushed they took their time to make sure everything was perfect before moving on to the next phase. They even removed a tree stump from the shoreline and old pilings and debris laying in the bottom of the water. This was without a doubt one of the best experiences I've ever had working with a contractor at my home
- B & W Marine Construction.I signed the contract to replace my old, falling-apart pier in August of 2013. The one permit I had to apply for as owner was done for me by an agent of D and W Marine Construction, who handled all the other permits and legalities. On Thursday, September 18, 2014, I was notified that work would begin the next day, Friday September 19,2014, and at 8:00 am the men were at work and quot;deconstructingand quot; the old pier. It had not occurred to me to explain that our community boat ramp was locked and only available to key holders When I returned home, I found heavy wide vehicle tracks. . Without being given any information, the crew had carefully swung wide of the clear-outs for the kitchen drain which runs from the front of the house under the driveway to my holding tanks behind the house. The last time heavy equipment came through my yard, the kitchen line was smashed and I had to hsve it dug up completely, so I was very impressed. Each day the men came promptly at eight and left at four. The machinery was not very quiet,, but the men were, going about their work efficiently. If the weather had not produced a day of wind and rain, the work would have been finished a day earlier. My property was left completely cleaned of any debris. I am an eighty-four year-old woman with very little knowledge of details of pier construction, and I could have been told almost anything--but I wasn't . I was treated with courtesy and respect, and was kept informed of the various procedures. I would recommend this service to anyon
- Potomac Pile DriverOverall we are very satisfied with the work and quality of the materials. The contractor did what they said they would - when the said they would. The dock is so well built that we could probably handle a battleship.
Last update on October 31, 2019
Dock Builders in Baltimore
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful dock builder articles
Find out why it's important to hire a shoreline landscaping contractor to keep your shoreline in good health. Learn about the specialist knowledge they bring and how they can help your property.
Find dock builders in
dock builders in Baltimore
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Gary E Stiewing4450 Lansdale Road
Harwood, Maryland 20776
- Gary E Stiewing
- John Krause Construction11519 HG Truman Rd
Lusby, Maryland 20657
- John Krause Construction
- Lancaster Design Build Co.207 Owensville Rd.
West River, Maryland 20778
- Lancaster Design Build Co.
- Noonan Construction9625 White Acre Rd. Unit C4
Columbia, Maryland 21045
- Noonan Construction
- Olympus Painting LLC41 1st St
Dover, New Jersey 07801
- Olympus Painting LLC
- Potomac Pile Driver103 Randolph Road
Fredericksburg, Virginia 22405
- Potomac Pile Driver
- REMODEL MAX1153 Walters Mill Road
Forest Hill, Maryland 21050
- REMODEL MAX
- The Village CarpenterPO Box 285
Monkton, Maryland 21111
- The Village Carpenter
- Vixen Hill Manufacturing Co69 E. Main St, Box 389
Elverson, Pennsylvania 19520
- Vixen Hill Manufacturing Co
- X-ACT BUILDERS4613 Araby Church Road
Frederick, Maryland 21704
- X-ACT BUILDERS