Before you start your own home improvement project, learn common code violations to avoid a disaster. One highly rated provider shares four big mistakes.
Get matched with top lead abatement contractors in Albany, NY
There are 5 highly-rated local lead abatement contractors.
Recent Lead Paint Removal Reviews in Albany
- Enviro-TestCalled Enviro-test on Friday, left message, Mark called back and scheduled the assessment for the next day. (He is based in Saratoga: don't let the company's Amityville address deter you from hiring him to do work in the Capital region). He arrived at 8:00 AM and left around 12:00. He tested all painted surfaces in all of the rooms, hallways, and staircases in the house, and took dust samples in 2 rental units. He provided a report one week later with detailed results and recommendations. I was very pleased with how quickly this company could schedule and do the assessment
- Fridholm PaintingThis company was impressive from the beginning (preparing an estimate) and throughout (excellent quality work). The workers were polite, hard working, and very neat, always cleaning up after the day's work. From the beginning, I was impressed with John Fridholm: he gave us a very thoughtful and thorough estimate, never using a "hard sell", unlike several other companies we contacted for estimates. This respectful attitude is reflected in his workers, all of whom were a pleasure to have here doing the painting and repair work. Our house looks absolutely beautiful and we are very happy we chose this company
- Mike Byer ConstructionWe had some exterior lead paint in poor condition that needed attention to prevent hazardous conditions from developing. Mike was one of the few local contractors who are RRP certified and can safely work with lead paint. He provided an estimate quickly and was very responsive to our e-mails and phone calls. He offered convenient financing via Enerbank. He began the work exactly when he said he would be able to. He was able to accommodate our last minute request to also replace the trim on one of the windows he replaced for us. He was willing to work on the 3rd story of our building. He had to come back to complete the wrap on one window after he thought he completed the job. We are very pleased with the work
Lead Paint Removal Experts in Albany
- Business Description:Northern Enterprises General Contracting, LLC is one of the fastest growing companies in the area because of our commitment to each project and making sure our client’s vision becomes a reality. With 15 full-time employees, our trusted sub-contractors, architects, engineers and vendors, we work collectively with our clients to ensure seamless communication to achieve the goal desired. We are committed to fully understanding our client’s unique vision and budget. Our goal is to assist our c..Recent Review:Just wanted to express my gratitude to George Ludwig and all his hard working folks at Northern Enterprises! My aunt was away from her home in Granville NY because she was helping care for my parents who both had medical issues in Virginia. Well the furnace went out, and the pipes burst and this resulted in water damage. I was helping her out with the insurance claim because she was busy with my folks. I was so lucky to find Northern Enterprises online. Not only was George Ludwig very responsive, he really helped handle the insurance claim too. We could not come back to NY to deal with any of this in person and it was just as Covid-19 was starting to be a concern in the states. George kept in touch with me by em-mail and text. He sent us any documents that we needed to sign, he sent photos of the work as things were progressing. He even waited to receive the final payment for the work he did until after we got the final payment from the insurance company. Not only did he do the work we asked, he did it with excellence! He went over and above anything that we expected. The house has been restored beautifully. And we never felt like we were at a disadvantage. There were no hidden expenses or unexpected expenses either. George made sure everything went well. He is a man of integrity who you can really trust. This whole thing started in January 2020- and George had it all squared away by early March. THANK YOU GEORGEstacy w.
- Business Description:With over 12 years of professional NYS Licensed Mold remediation, Asbestos & Lead Paint abatement Company. We are here to address whatever your needs may be. We also perform a multitude of handy man & property management services. www.cleanenvironmental.solutionsRecent Review:They were amazing; Timely, Thorough, Friendly , and great price. I would definitely hire again and recommend them to friends and family.Christine N.
- Business Description:Interior and exterior painting and restoration, but not doing interior for now. Pressure washing, decks, siding, roofs. Lead paint removal, minor carpentry as needed.Recent Review:He's an excellent painter, his attention to details, very honest, stick to his price, cleaned up very well when done, and on schedule.Ellen S.
- Business Description:Our core group of workers have an average tenure of 10+ years with our company. The painters have both interior and exterior painting expertise. We generally require a 30-50% deposit on the day we arrive with the balance due upon receipt of invoice at the end of the project. Larger projects require multiple progress payments. We do our best to communicate expectations with the Client and to answer all questions and concerns. We are extremely dependable and have very polite, respectful employe..Recent Review:Fridholm Painting was highly recommended on the Nextdoor listserv by previous clients, so we scheduled a visit for an estimate for interior and exterior painting. John Fridholm personally came to provide the estimate within a few days, and he described what would be needed given what we were requesting (primer to cover murals, stain for cedar shingles). We decided to split the work into separate jobs - interior then exterior - given our budget, although we found his estimates to be very fair. Matt did the interior work - kitchen and bedroom. He arrived exactly on time each morning for the 2-day interior job. He was very professional, did a meticulous job, cleaned up thoroughly, and was super patient with my friendly but barking dog. I highly recommend Fridholm, and we will ABSOLUTELY have them back in the spring for the exterior workStacey F.
- Business Description:SSA winner 8 years in a row! PRIDE PAINTING: Personalized Respected Individualized Dependable Experience with over 20 years of experience. Business Phone: 518-265-0930Recent Review:Al’s crew did a great job in reviving our worn deck. Pressure washed, sanded and applied 2 coats. Very thorough and professional. Fair price for all the work. Also flexible in doing the work on days we wanted and were available. Plus answers all phone calls which is rare today! Definitely would use them againJeffrey A.
- Business Description:We have become more concerned with the indoor air quality for our customers. Due to moisture infiltration in 90% of the homes we have inspected, we have come to find that this has the most potential health hazards second to radon. We look forward to working with you to insure that our services provide you with a sound and environmentally safe home or investment property. We are a family owned business. We keep our prices as low as possible for all customers. We guarantee results and lower Rad..Recent Review:Arranged for an estimate, and they never showed up. I had taken the day off to be home for this estimate. Very disappointing. Called and left messages on that day, to see if anything came up, with no response.Nancy G.
- Business Description:We are a locally owned family business that strives on producing top quality work at affordable rate. No job too big or too small. We offer discounts such as military and senior citizen discounts. We participate in local charities and offer seasonal discounts to those that participate in said charitiesRecent Review:The communication was terrible, a job that should have taken a week took 3 weeks some days no one showed up. The job wasn't completed because I got fed up with time and lack on consistency. The work was subpar and not done properly missing j channels- gaps in wrap install. Going to cost me more to fix/complete the work. I do not recommendNatasha M.
- Business Description:Owner operated, quality oriented, and satisfaction a must.Recent Review:The owner Scott showed up, we talked about the work to be performed and we scheduled a date to start work. We then sat down and discussed materials, building permit, etc... Scott asked me if I wanted to handle the building permit and the materials. I have never hired a contractor so I assumed that the contractor typically does this part of the contract and I was a little intimidated. He then told me that he would take care of everything and he would even draw up a plan of what he was going to do and that the inspector would more than likely accept the drawing and give us the permit. I gave Scott a $13,789 deposit for materials and half the cost of labor. Then after several calls with Scott, he told me that the 12" pad that was preexisting structure was on, was not up to code per the building inspector and it had to be removed. I told Scott I would remove it, but winter had set in. So Scott and I settled on an early start date for construction in April of 2019. I rented jack hammers, a cement saw, a bobcat skidsteer and 2 roll offs(of which the roll off sank into my driveway and caused an additional $3,800 in damages). I broke up the cement and threw my back out in the process. I called Scott back to have his guys clean up the property so he could start work finally (late April). He came over, looked at what was left and told me it would be another 6 to 7. I said "hundred?" and he responded " no, thousand" then he continued by saying that he knows a lot of cops and he did work for them and when the jobs hit the ceiling of their budget, Scott worked out a payment plan with them so he could finish the work and make them happy. Now, my yard sits in rubble and my back was hurting. I contacted the local building inspector just to see why a pad 12" thick was not enough to build on and he told me no one ever contacted him regarding my property address. So now I sit nearly $20,000 in debt with 0 work done by this contractor. I want to point out that when I hired him, I went to home depot pro referral desk and they gave me 3 trusted contractors. I researched them all, looked over their websites, checked the better business bureau and made my calls. 1 contractor never returned my calls, 1 called back but told me that I was going to have to wait 6 month before he could even think about doing my project because he was headed South for work. So, I looked over Scott's info and he had an A+ with the BBB. The pictures on his website were plentiful and looked really professional. He had nothing but good reviews on his page. Seemed like a shoe in. I just, within a weeks time (today is 7/7/19), went onto his website again and noticed another person stating almost the same exact thing that I am posting here. I contacted that individual and they are pursuing legal action against him as well. DO NOT USE THIS CONTRACTOR. HE WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN!robert F.
- Business Description:ProClaim is one of the fastest growing public insurance adjusting firms in the nation because of our excellence in producing positive results for our clients. We operate differently than other public adjusting firms. Simply put, we only get paid if we can assist you in obtaining more money than your insurance company initially offered on your claim. It is our belief that this philosophy allows us to prove our value to you, the insured. ProClaim is licensed and bonded through the Department of..Recent Review:They settled with Erie Ins. Co. without notifying me, received and deposited the checks and kept all the money and ran. I found out (after the fact) and after it was too late to appeal or arbitrate through the Commonwealth of Virginia. This company is a con game...Angie's List should drop them like the stinking thieves they are..Ronald T.
- Business Description:Customer satisfaction oriented contracting.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lead paint removal expert articles
Exposure to lead paint can occur during home renovation. Protect yourself by hiring an EPA lead-certified contractor in Indianapolis for projects on older homes
Disturbed lead paint is a dangerous health threat, especially to children and the elderly. Learn who to hire to remove lead paint from your home.
Find lead abatement contractors in
- Feura Bush
- Green Island
- East Greenbush
- East Berne
- West Sand Lake
lead abatement contractors in Albany
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Badger Brothers Construction545 6th ave
Troy, New York
- Badger Brothers Construction
- C&C Unlimited, Inc.616A Boght Rd
Cohoes, New York
- C&C Unlimited. IncP.O. Box 1151
Latham, New York
- Capital District Home Inspectors17 Echo Ridge Drive
Saratoga Springs, New York
- Clean Environmental Solutions2424 4th Ave 2424 4th ave
Watervliet, New York
- Couture Contracting & Modular Homes383 Stuffle Street
Cropseyville, New York
- Creative Interiors227 County Route 7
Nassau, New York
- Custom Cuts Building and Remodeling Inc.133 Lower Herrington Rd.
Johnsonville, New York
- C&C Unlimited, Inc.
- Fridholm PaintingP.O. Box 2643
Glenville, New York
- Fridholm Painting
- Living Water Service2639 Us Route 9
Ballston Spa, New York
- Living Water Service
- Orion Demolition & Environmental Services LLC49 Wilshire Dr
Albany, New York
- Orion Demolition & Environmental Services LLC