Have you ever wondered if your baseboard heaters efficiently heat your space? Here’s what you need to know about the two main types of baseboard heaters and how to curb their energy-greedy habits in the coldest months.
Get matched with top home automation services in Albany, NY
There are 9 highly-rated local home automation services.
Recent Home Automation Reviews in Albany
- Burbank Electrical Contractor, Inc.He did a great job. In addition, he was punctual and cleaned up when he was done. We are very pleased.
- Smart Home Outfitters IncC&J did an incredible job completely gutting and remodeling our 1895 farmhouse. This was a huge 8-month job with the variety of complications and required changes an old house can throw at you; throughout the process Craig and Jerry offered excellent design suggestions, collaborated very well with our architects, worked diligently to stay on budget, and each day demonstrated craftsmanship and professionalism of the highest level. C&J’s team of subcontractors and designers are excellent too. These people are the best the building trade has to offer: conscientious, skilled, creative, and a pleasure to work with. Hoping to have them back soon to remodel the guest cottage and garage! See Photos here: [*** Link removed ***
- INTERNATIONAL BUILT-IN SYSTEMSBeen using this company for over 30 years third-generation owner has taken the company to the 21st-century still providing outstanding customer service and to complete satisfaction with the work that is done I highly recommend this company thank you
- Towne TV-Audio & ApplianceTowne TV did a superb job completing a number of tasks I needed done to my home entertainment system. Keep in mind it is not easy for anyone to come into an existing setup and finish a job - you may inherit a huge problem. Many vendors won't even touch a job they don't begin. | |That said, the representative from Towne TV, who looked at my project, did an excellent job of understanding my needs and accessing what was already in place to give a realistic practical quote. | |Tasks: Ran higher end speaker wire in a finished basement for a 5.1 setup (swaped the TV/Seating positions from previous setup). Plasma TV was affixed to the wall with HDMI, infrared,and Cat5 cable run to it from the Entertainment Rack. Moved Home Theatre Receiver, Time Warner cable box, and Blue Ray Disk Player into Entertainment Rack with proper rack shelves, blanks, and cabling. Set up infrared unit for universal remote. | |It's great feeling when your expectations are exceeded! From one audiophile to another, I highly recommend TowneTV for any Audio Video projects you may have around the house
- Towne TV-Audio & ApplianceTowne TV's technicians clearly know what they are doing, however their services come at what seems to me to be a pretty steep price. My quarrel may be more with the complexity of the technology in my home theater system rather than with the work performed itself. I was impressed with both the professionalism and responsiveness of the organization as a whole but given the cost involved, I can't rate their pricing more than fair
- SimpliSafe Home SecurityI've had a SimpliSafe system for about a year and a half. The system was very affordable, customizable and easy to install. The equipment is sturdy but not particularly attractive. It's a matte finish white plastic that is difficult to clean. After about a year the keypad looked like I'd buried it in the yard, dug it up and remounted it. The base station is fairly large, looks like a prop from the original StarTrek and is quite persnickity about where you place it. The entry sensors fit fine on doors but are too large to fit on my casement windows with the screens installed, so I can't open my windows on a nice day unless I want to spend the evening catching flies. The components seem to work fine, though, except for the keypad which goes through batteries faster than any ten flashlights I've ever owned. It's supposed to let you know when the batteries are getting low, and it does get around to that, eventually. While it's warming up to the idea, it just stops communicating in any useful or consistent way with the base station. I discovered this after I triggered several false alarms even though I was pretty certain I'd disarmed the system. Concerned that I might have early dementia, I started paying particularly close attention and discovered that although the keypad displayed "alarm off", the blue light on the base station was frequently still on indicating that the system was armed. A couple days later the keypad finally displayed a "low battery" message. This scenario repeated itself again a few months later. I've learned over time that as long as I keep the keypad fed regularly it doesn't bite. The monitoring service has been the bright spot so far. They're very attentive and polite when they call. (A word of advice - don't test your smoke and CO detectors consecutively; mix them up with your other sensor tests or use your cell phone as the primary contact number. The monitoring service calls you after each smoke and CO detector test to let you know it passed. I almost had a heart attack climbing up and down the ladder and running up and down the stairs to answer my land line.) The worst part of my experience has been the customer service, or lack of it. My purchase experience was relatively good. Although the sales technician misquoted the cost of my system, the customer service representative honored the quoted price and offered one month of free monitoring to compensate for my inconvenience. However, since purchase, my experience with customer service has been far less impressive. During my journey of discovery with the keypad, I made numerous attempts to call the customer service support line during their stated regular business hours. No answer. Not once. On two occasions, I left the phone ringing on "speaker" while I did other things - cooked and ate dinner once, cleaned the entire house the second time. No answer. Not once. You get what you pay for
- AMBIANCE SYSTEMSCompany came out to quote work for a home theater, whole house speaker, and lighting automation system. This was a Showcase home that they had previously done all the base wiring for and the fundamentals were installed. The Sales Manager, Mark Pettagrosso, was very friendly at first as we walked through the job where I clearly communicated my needs. After missing the committed date to submit a quote, I got a quote back that was over 10 x's higher than the area we were discussing... I raised a lot of questions and got no clear answers in return. They then said they'd revise the quote because they put the highest end products in. I also asked for a detailed cost breakdown to understand the material costs and why the labor was so high.Based on the second quote, they cut the costs down in half (still 4 x's higher than discussed) and miracously the labor costs for some of the same services came down drastically. When I asked about the labor, the Sales Manager gave me a labor rate and I calculated out that the work they were initially quoting was for 2 people full time for almost 3 months!!! This was a 3 day job at best, and the company I've used has done just that with 1 guy. I never got the breakdown on equipment/materials formally, but when the Sales Manager gave me prices over the phone, I compared to the web and found that they were gouging me on prices.I raised this as a concern and the Sales Manager tried to backpeddle to explain how the products are different - granted the model numbers are identical. When I called him out on this and the labor, he said they needed this job and wanted to requote the bid. The third quote came back at about 14K (down from a start of 163K) yet still had questions that I had not gotten answers to.When I emailed the Sales Manager back asking how they do business this way and why all the changes that couldn't be explained (I caught him in more than one lie), he proceed to copy the entire staff of the company on his response to make me feel like I was wrong and cover his butt.I then called and spoke with the owners, both Jennifer and Marc Leidig explaining the situation, forwarding emails, and sharing feedback that my realtor witnessed. After several missed attempts - including Marc going to the track and not able to take a work call, I get a call back explaining that there must have been miscommunication and that given my frustration (and that I caught them red handed trying to rip me off and caught them in lies) that they don't want me as a customer.I have since talked to a customer who used them whom would never use them again and talked to other companies, including one who employs a former Ambiance employee who comfirmed their unethical ways and that lying and jerking the customers around is standard practice with them.I would absolutely never use this company and recommend you do your homework before proceeding to do business with them..
Home Automation Experts in Albany
- Business Description:Our local and highly trained team at Comalli Group, Inc. is an experienced, full-service electrical company delivering high-quality services to residential, commercial, and industrial properties in Albany, Latham, and surrounding areas. With nearly 40 years of industry experience, we provide a wide array of energy solutions, including electrical installation and upgrades, solar panel installation, LED lighting installation, generator installation, surveillance and communication system install..Recent Review:EXCELLENT! We needed lights installed around the outside of our house. Comalli’s electricians are very professional, neat and friendly. They will be returning for another job inside the house as well. We will be contacting Comalli for any and all future electrical work neededDina C.
- Business Description:100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE Your project will be completed, you will be advised in the most appropriate direction or your money back. Award-winning Technology Support, Consulting, Contracting, Project Management & Solutions Specialist. ITologist is a REMOTE IT support and solutions business. *If your request requires an in-person resolution, please contact us first to determine if the job is something we will be able to accommodate. We provide technical remote technical support for indiv..Recent Review:The team at ITologist was so good I cold not believe it. They knew exactly what the issue was and worked with me to get it taken care of.Chris T.
- Business Description:nd technologies inc. is a full-service security company. We professionally service and maintain everything we install. We are proficient at expertly installing high quality systems, as well as providing excellent maintenance and support, which sets us apart in the industry. We take pride in rendering superior service to clients seeking the best in residential and commercial security, networks, intercoms and CCTVRecent Review:It went very smoothly especially for being in a pandemic. These guys are thorough and professional. Happily answered all the questions that I had and promptly finished right on schedule. I will be using these guys for the rest of my buildings in the future!!Peter R.
- Business Description:We are an expanding, second generation family owned electrical contractor that has been in business in the capital district since 1994. At Burbank Electrical Contractor, Inc. we believe in a customer first approach. Our number one priority is understanding and meeting the needs and goals of our clients in a professional and timely manner. It is this customer first approach that has allowed us to grow both as a company and a strong member of the community for more than 20 years. We guarantee y..
- Business Description:We provide IT components needed to make lives easier in a fast-paced world. Our company started with one purpose - to bring technology support to large companies, small businesses, and homes. With over 20 years of experience, we've seen the increased need for people to have access to reliable, dedicated IT services. HillTown Tech provides IT support not only to our beautiful region of upstate New York, but far beyond as well - even internationally! As you think ahead to your IT needs, whethe..Recent Review:At last, someone who will come to my home and help with computer issues. Kerwin is professional, knowledgeable, dedicated to hearing and solving any problem, and personable.Avis B.
- Business Description:Premium Voice, Video, Data and Smart home Sales and Service. All Choice Connect is a full-scale voice, video and data provider headquartered in Rochester NY with Satellite offices throughout the Northeast and Texas. We provide smart home security as well as data and television products to consumers and businesses. A+ rated but the Better Business Bureau for over 15 years
- Business Description:ADT home security systems are backed by more than 145 years of experience. As the leader in home security, ADT can help you customize a home security system with easy-to-use equipment and special security features to meet your safety needs. We have service centers nationwide that can install an ADT home security system within 24 hours in most areas. Once your home is equipped with our top-of-the-line system, it is connected to a network of ADT Monitoring Centers nationwide which deliver non-..Recent Review:My experience using ADT for a new alarm system was exceptional. Shout out to the service technician who got me all setup and even added an extra door sensor to my package for no additional charge. This kind gesture went a long wayPatrick M.
- Business Description:Family and locally owned, Smart Home Outfitters is your premier home automation company. We specialize in the integration of smart systems into your home across multiple products and platforms. Creating a one stop shop to outfit your home with all the necessary and most up to date equipment to make your life more convenient, efficient and secure
- Business Description:Have no fear, HelloTech is here. We can send a tech to your door to help with your computer, home theater, TV mounting, and general device needs. In many cases, we can solve your issues remotely for much less, simply by connecting to your computerRecent Review:One hour to set up a 32 " TV and sound bar. We are now using 3 remotes to operate TV. Kept asking questions. Second hour was the Harmony remote. First he did not bring computer. Had to use ours. Kept asking questions. He did not connect all of our equipment, we need to get someone else to correct what he did. Our last remote programming was done in 20 minutes. Plus during this covid time, he had to use bathroomJeanne & Temple B.
- Business Description:You’d pay a fortune to keep your family safe, but you shouldn’t pay a penny more than $14.99! Most alarms systems seem like a bargain---UNTIL you look at the cost of signing a long-term alarm contract for $30, $40, sometimes even $50/month. Protect your home and your wallet with a SimpliSafe home security system. Our alarm monitoring costs just $14.99/month, and we’ll never lock you into a contract, so you are free to cancel with us anytime. Each year that you protect your family with SimpliS..
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home automation expert articles
Uninterrupted weekend time makes it an attractive period to knock out do-it-yourself projects that only take a day or two to complete. Here are 52 DIY home improvement project ideas you and your family can wrap up within 48 hours.
Burying gutter downspouts is a great way to protect your home and yard from water damage. We’ve outlined seven simple steps to help you complete the project.
Find home automation services in
- Feura Bush
- Green Island
- East Greenbush
- East Berne
- West Sand Lake
home automation services in Albany
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1988161 Bluebird Rd
South Glens Falls, New York
- ADT3750 Priority Way South Dr
- ADT Security Services1407 Route 9 Building 3
Clifton Park, New York
- AK Security Solutions29720 Quinkert St
- All Choice Connect5 Marway Cir
Rochester, New York
- American Tubs17940 Ajax Cir
City Of Industry, California
- Audio Video Tek340 Barbara Ter.
Kingston, New York
- GuardMe Security45 RT-34 N
South Amboy, New Jersey
- GuardMe Security
- JRS-Handyman100 Lawrence St
Rensselaer, New York
- Mansfield Custom Homes, LLC21 Squashville Rd.
GREENFIELD CENTER, New York
- Mansfield Custom Homes, LLC
- ND TECHNOLOGIES INC.
Whitestone, New York
- ND TECHNOLOGIES INC.
- Wade Electric Co.36 Tivoli St
Albany, New York
- Wade Electric Co.