Soft-close drawers usually cost about $40 to $100 each for professional installation
Kitchen Cabinet Repair Reviews Near You
We were unable to find pros for your Cabinet Repair project in Ashburn, VA
Similar to Cabinet Repair
Kitchen cabinets are usually a point of pride in a home. If your kitchen cabinets do not look their best, consider professional cabinet repair to transform the doors and frames, upgrade the hinges, and update the handles.
What is Cabinet Repair?
Kitchen and built-in cabinets consist of a carcase —the wooden frame that forms the back, sides, and open front — and the doors or drawers. Skilled cabinetmakers can make the grain direction of the carcase front match the grain of the doors. They can make the doors in a wide variety of styles, of materials ranging from laminate to plywood to hardwood.
Custom-made cabinets can be finished with your choice of paint, stain, varnish or polyurethane. The hardware can be selected to suit your tastes.
No matter the material, finish or hardware, cabinets wear. The paint can fade or be scuffed. Accidental gouges expose raw wood in stained doors. Hardware can bind; handles can break.
A cabinet repair service rejuvenates worn-out or damaged kitchen and built-in cabinets, usually on site. Cabinet repair means structural fixes plus refacing and hardware replacement.
What Does Cabinet Repair Cost?
Cabinet hardware is expensive because of the fine finishes and high precision required for reliable service. Consider a single one-door cabinet:
- Two hinges at around $6 (budget hinges) up to $22 (for European style hinges)
- One pull or knob at around $2.50 (simple knob) up to $15 for a stylish bar pull
This makes a typical kitchen of 20 cabinet doors and 10 drawers a pricey project just for the hardware: $200 at the low end; around $600 at the high end. Add door and frame refacing, which can start at $1,000 for laminate for a typical 10 x 20-foot kitchen and rise to over $3,000 for wood veneer.
If substantial repair work (steaming out dents, replacing doors or carcase parts) is needed, costs can climb to over $9,000. This is still below typical full replacement: $10,000 for customized cabinetry.
How Do I Find & Hire A Cabinet Repair Service Near Me?
- Read reviews and grades found on this list of cabinet repair services near you.
- Ask local real estate agents for recommendations.
- Find a local cabinet installer. These companies generally also offer repair services, though not all do refacing or repairs.
- Always ask for references even if you have read their reviews.
- Try to get at least three written estimates from three different repair services near you detailing the scope of work. This will help you get a competitive price.
Explore Our Solution Center for Helpful Cabinet Refacing Contractor Articles
The cost to stain cabinets typically ranges from $1,500 to $5,000
New cabinet hardware costs can range widely, starting under $100 and topping $10,000