Fiber cement siding is a low-maintenance, long-lasting home exterior solution. But cement siding doesn't provide every rumored benefit, a contractor says.
Get matched with top building architects in Winston Salem, NC
There are 5 highly-rated local building architects.
Matching on Angi
Recent Architect Reviews in Winston Salem
- Stag ConstructionProfessional work accomplished in one day. Workmen friendly. Arrived on time. I was concerned hiring unknown workmen but this was a pleasant experience and I recommend them.
- Landmark Demolition IncThey were very professional, on time, as clean as they can be consider it was demolition work. They have experienced crew with them and they performed as directed. They did what it would take within my time lines. Great work.
- Max Kendall Lumber & TinThey were prompt, friendly, and very helpful to us in putting new roofs on our buildings. Their products were beautifully colored and looked great on our home. The quality was obvious, and we appreciated their helpful in person service. I would highly recommend them to anyone wanting to purchase supplies for a new roof or building materials for a home or business
- MLA Design Group, Inc.We saw some work they did for other people and they do beautiful work. They are very creative. They are still working on our design. We started talking to him in September and we probably will not be able to complete the project until March or so. They told us that they would give us the total cost as we go along with the project. We paid them an initial fee of $7000 for the plan and design. We just built a petty large home and it is kind of complicated as far as where it is situating because it is a new development. The builder had recommended another landscape architect and he came out with the plan which was really good considering how the house is. However, we found Miller Landscape on the web and loved what they had done and created on other homes; ours is a home in the mountains, so we called them and switched to them from what the builder had recommended. We sat down, met with the landscape architects from Miller Landscape for several hours. We told them what we wanted, what we were looking for and we were on the same page right away, as far as what would fit with the house. They come out, look at ones home, and listen to the owners. The first meeting was basically a listening to what types of things we like. They brought in some pictures, then they came out with an idea board and it was absolutely right in line with what we wanted. They then draw the plan based on that and it was absolutely incredible. The architect couldn't do it all at once, he did it in several pages, and we told him to draw it as a dream plan; it was just really beautiful. They had ideas, they knew the land, they knew where to put the drainage, and they were very knowledgeable. We are putting in a swimming pool and so they are working with the pool guys to get everything coordinated. They have done a great job at laying out everything so far. They are very talented
- Marshall StoneWe have used Marshall Stone several times. We have been 100% satisfied each time. They provided us excellent customer service, all the way from the owner of the company to the delivery Drivers. We have also been 100% satisfied with every product purchased. I would highly recommend Marshall Stone! Also, their new location is great. Its designed very well and they have lots of examples there so you can See the products and get some great ideas for future projects
- Virtus DesignThe experience was a pleasure from start to finish. The experts at Convivium Design listened to me and found beautiful selections of products from me to choose from. They paid close attention to every detail and kept track of the money spent to stay within my budget. My home has had an amazing transformation and a realtor told me I increased the value of my property by 1/3. The Convivium Design staff was professional, meticulous and well informed. Now I want Convivium Design to do my master suite and home office. I am recommending them to my friends and neighbors
- DECKED OUT OF THE TRIADThe deck build itself was of decent quality and built as expected. As part of my deck build some siding had to be temporarily removed. This siding was never replaced. The flashing behind the deck was also installed incorrectly and the post holes were not filled in. After inquiring about the issues, I was told someone would return to make repairs. I was again left waiting with no repairs made and an incomplete product. After a large rain storm that resulted in flooding. My basement was flooded due to the open space left by these repairs not being made. Steve came by my house and only then made the repairs. When asked about repairing the damages to my basement, steve told me "I didnt see any damage." This made it clear that he refused to be responsible for any of his work if there was an issue. I was left to deal with the thousands of dollars worth of damage myself. In the process of talking to contractors in the area to make the repairs, i learned that Decked out has a very bad reputation and it is not uncommon for them to be hired to fix Decked outs mistakes. I would caution anyone thinking about hiring this company. You may end up with a decent product, but if there is a mistake made, Steve will not uphold his end
- DECKED OUT OF THE TRIADHad to consult with an attorney to get money back. Owner did not get permit, called inspector anyway for an inspection; STANDARDS WELL BELOW code and structural and electrical and roofing so bad, it was completely unsafe. After 3 failed attempts to at least get up to code, I had to have the porch completely rebuilt by another company. Owner extremely arrogant. Company has history of multiple code inspection failures/violations (time and time again at same worksites). Owner claims he has a license, but does NOT have a CONTRACTOR'S license, as he insinuates. The poorest quality workmanship rating possible. This was a 2 year nightmare
- Marshall StoneMarshall Stone provided the stone for the waterfall we had installed this spring. They have deliver stone 3 times. The last 2 times we ordered the stone for work we were to do ourselves. When asked about delivery, we were told they would place the pallets wherever we asked, but would not unload them. So we were prepared to handle the workload once they made the delivery. The last time they delivered, it had been raining, and the ground was soft. We had the delivery guy place pallets on both sides of the house, and as we live on a hill, both deliveries were down hill. The west side was the steepest, and there was no trouble. The other side presented the problem. The front loader slipped, ran into the evergreens on the east side, slipping and digging into the hill. In an effort to get the front loader loose, the driver no only dug deeper into the hill, broke 2 underground pipes for the sprinkler system and eventually placed the pallet well down the hill from where we had asked. We tried to keep the repair costs down, by replanting the grass ourselves and moving the misplaced pallet. The repair for fixing the main line of the irrigation system came to $379.00. The total cost came to $700.00 which included turf starter, grass seed and topsoil as well. I took my receipts to Marshall Stone today asking to be reimbursed for a portion of the expense by possibly having a credit in stone. The answer was an emphatic no. THEY WERE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DELIVERY PAST THE DRIVEWAY. There was no qualifier stating who was responsible for delivery past the driveway. What does "we will deliver it to wherever you want" mean? The delivery fellow was very upset he had done so much damage. We had not signed the release to allow him to deliver anywhere. But we signed it after the fact knowing lawyers would have to be involved and the driver might be held accountable for the damage if we didn't. Our mistake was to sign the waver after the fact, to trust there would be good will to allow for all the damage which we could not have estimated at that point. No I would never recommend Marshall Stone. I moved to North Carolina one year ago and have been delight with the emphasis on customer satisfaction This is the first time in my experience a merchant in North Carolina has not allowed satisfaction to be foremost. Avoid dealing with Marshall Stone. In my opinion they lack the qualities of fairness or good judgement
Last update on November 20, 2020
Architects in Winston Salem
Explore our Solution Center for helpful architect articles
A Chicago deck builder talks about cost of adding or renovating a deck or porch, possible materials to choose from, and required city permits.
Bathroom remodeling is a detail-oriented job. This master bath renovation, which updated the 1940s-era space, proves good design takes time but pays off.
Find building architects in
- Rural Hall,
- Bermuda Run,
- Belews Creek,
- Oak Ridge,
- Walnut Cove,
- High Point,
- East Bend,
building architects in Winston Salem
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Craftsman Concepts112 E Devonshire St
Winston Salem, North Carolina 27127
- Craftsman Concepts
- Able Sewer & Drain Cleaning1600 Brookhaven Mill Rd
Greensboro, North Carolina 27406
- Ambassador For Christ Remodeling Specialist4331 BECKERDITE RD
Sophia, North Carolina 27350
- Andrew Smith Construction169 Hidden Valley Lane
Mocksville, North Carolina 27028
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
Allston, Massachusetts 02134
- Ashley Co7044 McLeansville Rd
Browns Summit, North Carolina 27214
- Able Sewer & Drain Cleaning
- Elements of Style Interiors Inc.3712-E Lawndale drive
Greensboro, North Carolina 27455
- Elements of Style Interiors Inc.
- Gutter Glove of North Carolina LLC9650 Strickland Rd Ste 103-410
Raleigh, North Carolina 27615
- Gutter Glove of North Carolina LLC
- Ivey Lane Inc103 Ward Rd
Greensboro, North Carolina 27405
- Ivey Lane Inc
- KC's Improvement & Construction Co Inc3118 Battleground Ave
Greensboro, North Carolina 27408
- KC's Improvement & Construction Co Inc
- Marshall Stone8605 Triad Dr
COLFAX, North Carolina 27235
- Marshall Stone
- Topsider Homes3710 Dillon Industrial Drive
Clemmons, North Carolina 27012
- Topsider Homes