Milk paint and chalk paint are two popular paint types that give wood an antique, distressed look. While they’re similar in appearance, there are a few key differences to consider. Learn whether milk paint vs. chalk paint is ideal for your next project.
Get matched with top furniture refinishers in Anmoore, WV
There are 0 highly-rated local furniture refinishers.
Recent Furniture Refinishing Reviews in Anmoore
- Furniture by LowellLowell was great to work with. He gave me an estimate and completed the piece on time. It is beautiful!
Furniture Repair Specialists in Anmoore
- Business Description:Elite Handyman Plus is a repair and maintenance company. Our focus is on residential and light commercial projects ranging from 2 hours to 5 days in length. We offer a wide range of services to cover all of your needs. Licensed and insured we are ready to get your project done in a professional and expedient manner. We will work around your schedule to get your project done on time and on budget. Willing to travel up to 50 miles. We look forward to being your handyman so you can get back to d.. read lessRecent Review:Did a great job very happy with the work.Lisa H.
- Business Description:Started by Paul Freeman, a lifetime collector of Arts and Crafts period textiles, Archive Edition offers reproductions of a hand selected collection of the finest Arts and Crafts textiles discovered throughout his lifetime. Archive Edition Textiles are copywrited reproductions of authentic Arts and Crafts patterns using modern materials. In 2014, Freeman partnered with Karl Eulberg, an executive in the furniture industry and lifetime fan and collector of Arts & Crafts. Eulberg brings a backg.. read lessRecent Review:It hasn't gone. Have you not read several previous reviews???Gene P M.
- Business Description:I am a cabinet maker located in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. I specialize in the restoration of original finishes as well as the construction of new furniture. I offer complete restoration services including refinishing, upholstery, caning, and all manner of furniture repair. for a complete list of my services and a gallery of my work please visit www.johnmarkpower.co read lessRecent Review:I found Mr. Power on Angie's List shortly after moving to the area and reached out to him to get an idea of what it might cost to repair the old solid oak roll-top desk that my father had kept in his veterinary office from the time I was a toddler until he passed away in 2002. It's a massive desk, 5 feet wide, 3 feet deep, with six drawers in the bottom section - 5 of which are nearly the depth of the desk and numerous drawers, cubbies and hidey holes in the roll-top section. <br /> John came to my home to examine the desk and determine what needed to be done. While at my home I showed him a couple of other pieces I have - he is so knowledgeable about antiques and old furniture! I immediately knew that he was the perfect person to take care of my desk. <br /> I was very busy throughout the Fall and then the holidays were upon us so it wasn't until the end of January or so that I arranged with John to have him pick up the desk and effect the repairs. He had originally estimated that it would take about 2 weeks to complete and it ended up taking 3 - but he did contact me to let me know that it was taking longer than expected as he had uncovered areas needing repairs that were not evident previously. (he made these additional repairs at no additional cost) <br /> Finally the day came when it was time for my desk to come home! I could not believe my eyes - I cried when it was all put together again in my study. It is not a highly valuable piece in and of itself, but the sentimental value is priceless to me. John and his team had gone above and beyond my expectations - the desk had been in pretty sad shape after years of neglect and now it is so beautiful! In addition to cleaning, repairing, and restoring they researched it and found the manufacturer, the distributor and, buried deep inside, a label with the date of completion. John and his team seamlessly repaired areas such as the opening where Dad pushed in his chair - it was so battered the raw wood was exposed and worn away! And now - you cannot tell that any repair has been made. There are so many areas on the desk that are the same - you can't tell it was in such bad shape when it was taken away. <br /> John Mark Power is an expert in his craft and I wholeheartedly recommend him to everyone who has need of antique restoration! He wrote about my desk in his blog, here is the link to copy and paste in your browser: <br /> http://johnmarkpower.blogspot.com/2015/02/national-oak-roll-top-desk-1917.html <br /> This so you can see for yourself what a beautiful job he did! And he describes much more completely the details of what actually needed to be done to restore it. <br /> I already have plans for John to restore the other 2 pieces I have - I know they will be spectacular too! <br /> <br /> <br / read lessLeslie B.
- Business Description:We are a fourth generation family business that specializes in the sale and restoration of vintage pianos. We sell and restore pianos for clients all across the United States. We have worked with clients such as Stanford University, Roanoke Civic Center, and the City of Sacramento. We have also worked with celebrities such as Justin Rose & Stephen Colbert. Visit our website for videos, interactive diagrams, and photos of our restoration work, pianos, and informative information. read lessRecent Review:<strong>***IMPORTANT***</strong> When you invest thousands of dollars in a piano, I highly recommend any consumer do their homework. It took me 8 months to find the right company and my research paid off. The following review reflects my efforts in locating Lindeblad Piano and total satisfaction since then. <br /> <br /> <strong>It was critically important that I find a business that:<br /> </strong> <ol> <ol> <li><strong>Has been in business for a long time and Better Business Bureau approved</strong>. A family-owned business for 80+ years with a BBB rating of A+ told me they had experience and gave me peace of mind. This increased my comfort level in dealing with a business more than 200 miles from my home. </li> <li><strong>Stands behind ALL their work</strong> - While warranties can vary cases by case (usually 10 years) I received a 20 year warranty on all workmanship and parts, which was better than I expected. They also met a competitors' 10-year warranty on the soundboard. FYI Steinway only gives you 5 years on a <em>new</em> piano. </li> <li><strong>Restores Steinways</strong> - I plan on keeping this piano for decades and I wanted to make sure they knew what they were doing with such a high-end instrument. Of the 120+ pianos restored last year, more 75% were Steinways. </li> <li><strong>Could answer tough questions</strong>. During my 8 months of investigating piano retailers and restorers, I spent a half day at a Steinway dealer in Boston to hear their argument of why I should <em>not</em> buy a restored piano. I did expect a hard sell for a new piano but some of their points and literature were compelling. Aside from using the Steinway parts, they said that setting the bridge height is the most difficult and requires the elite expertise of a Steinway restoration technician. When I asked if I had a Steinway that I wanted restored, they said only the Steinway factory was qualified to restore a Steinway. Lindeblad patiently answered ALL my questions. Additionally, the Lindeblad business is in its 4th generation with the original founder a former builder at the NY Steinway factory. He passed down this craftsmanship (including authentic Steinway parts and the proper bridge technique) to his family. </li> <li><strong>Pleasant to work with and accessible</strong>. To be frank, I wanted a company that appreciated my business. This means that if I had a problem, I could get a hold of someone and have my problem resolved quickly. Ultimately, I found that Lindeblad met and exceeded expectations. The end-to-end process at Lindeblad is a model that all businesses should aspire to - from the sale, planning, restoration process, to the photos of the finished product and delivery, they wanted to make sure I was completely happy - not just satisfied - with everything. Each member of the family had their own skills and it was a pleasure to work with each of them.</li> <li></li> </ol> </ol> If you're in th market for a piano - at any price - I know you'd be happy with their work and service. However, my opinion is less important than your peace of mind. I recommend asking any member of Lindeblad every question that comes to mind until you have no doubt. <br / read lessWilliam N.
- Business Description:I am an experienced painter of 20 years, self-employed for 5 years. I specialize in interior/exterior and very knowledgeable in all paints and stains. I also offer pressure washing. No job too big or small!!
- Recent Review:unknownCatherine B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful furniture repair specialist articles
There are many types of paint that can stand up to the elements, but whether they will work well for your outdoor furniture depends on your furniture’s material. This guide will help you decide which paint is best for your project.
Many people confuse the words rattan and wicker and use them interchangeably. Although similar, there are differences. Before shopping for new rattan furniture, you’ll want to read this guide to learn about rattan and how it may differ from wicker.
Find furniture refinishers in
- Mount Clare
- West Milford
- Lost Creek
- Jane Lew
- White Hall
furniture refinishers in Anmoore
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Archive Edition Inc12575 Crenshw Blvd
- Archive Edition Inc
- Back Creek Painting
Belington, West Virginia
- Back Creek Painting
- Get It Done Dandy Handyman Services551 Laurel Run Rd
Lumberport, West Virginia
- Get It Done Dandy Handyman Services
- John Mark Power Antiques RestorationPO Box 67
HARPERS FERRY, West Virginia
- John Mark Power Antiques Restoration
- Lindeblad Piano Restoration101 US Highway 46
Pine Brook, New Jersey
- Lindeblad Piano Restoration