Building a screened-in porch is a big project, but it’s nothing you can’t handle. Consider these factors when building a screened porch to help you get started.
Get matched with top deck & porch contractors in La Crosse, WI
There are 9 highly-rated local deck & porch contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Decks Porches Reviews in La Crosse
- La Crosse RemodelingI highly recommend this company. Very professional and will even go out of their way to make you happy. We had rain issues so we had a delay in our project… But Steve kept in contact and did everything he could do to get here and get the job done. Thank you very much for all your hard work 95%
- Meyer Home RepairIt's a WONDERFUL deck! He did just want we wanted and didn't cut any corners. The materials were top rated as well. He's even had potential customers come over to our house, with our permission of course, to view our deck! He didn't leave the job site and stuck with the job till it was finished!
- MARK'S PRESSURE WASHING & HOME SERVICESHe was punctual. He was neat. He did what he said he would do. Great communication. He asked good questions to make sure the deck was built the way I wanted.
- The Board Store Home Improvement IncWe wanted a deck that might possibly turn into a sun-room at a later time so it needed to be structurally very sound. We got several estimates and the Board Store was one of the pricier estimates but we chose them because my neighbor had used them and found their service to be very good. The store did everything on the estimate in a timely and professional manner. We will use them in the future should the need arise
- SCHAMS CONSTRUCTION INCMike and his team were great to work with. They were prompt in showing up each day and even worked in the rain sometimes. The only thing that slowed them down at all was waiting for some late materials. They would have finished the first week but we had to wait for the railing. They hand carried the pieces of cement from the old patio to the front yard to be picked up by the truck rather than wreck my lawn. I had purchased river rock to go under the deck and they took it in wheelbarrows to the back and placed it for me. They cleaned up each day and left no mess behind. They were great at keeping me informed through the project. The finished product is beautiful
- Root River Construction, Inc.We had a 10-years old roof that's still under warranty. However, many people in our neighborhood told us that there's a manufacturing defect and they were replacing their roofs. And they advised us that it's best to have our roof replaced as well to obtain a refund. After doing a few estimates on our 1800 sq. ft. house, price ranging from $9,700 to $23,000, we chose Root River Construction, Inc. based on their pricing. We've never heard of this company before, nor did we find any online reviews or recommendations about this company. The owner Jeremy was responsive to answer our initial calls and arranged for appointments/construction date. The initial transaction was very easy, and Jeremy was very friendly and helpful in answering our question, including his promise to obtain the manufacturing defect refund for us. The contract was signed, and we paid 50% of the agreeable price as down-payment. On the date of the actual roofing construction, about 8 people showed up early in the morning. They had our roof replaced before that afternoon. They were professional, although there was not much interaction between us and the workers. Besides taking an 1-hr break during a scatter shower, they worked the whole time they were there. Cleaning up was nice: they brought their own dump truck and everything was off our driveway that evening. Overall, we had no issue with the roofing replacement. The remaining 50% of the contract price was paid to Jeremy... However, in our contract, the company would also repair our aging, wobbling backyard deck. This included replacing the railings and stabilized the deck. The owner Jeremy told us that he would send someone the next day to fix it for us. A guy showed up the next day, worked for maybe 2 hours and left. The parts and materials (including his saw and extension cord) were left on our deck. No one showed up and worked on our deck until we called Jeremy a week later and asked what was happening. He said he had issues with his contractors, and will send someone else over the weekend to finish the job. Also, the deck needed to be completely replaced due to its instability. He said the cost would be the same, which was true. Especially since we paid the whole thing off to him already. Over the weekend, 2 people showed up, and they worked sparingly through the next 2 days. They put the leftover railing in our garage (with our permission) as future replacement parts. However, they also left tons of cigarette butts on our sidewalk and lawn... A month later, we asked Jeremy how the manufacturing refund was coming along, since we haven't heard anything from him. We called a total of 7 times over the next two months, and we have not heard from him since. We called one time at his "office" and his wife said she would leave him a message, and that was the extend of our refund experience...not a dollar back. Since the manufacturing refund promise was NOT written in our contract, we had no way to pursuit further action. And to be honest, we don't know if Root River Construction, Inc. is still in business or not..
- Sid Heiser's PaintingWe hired Sid Heiser to power-wash and stain our two decks. We were given a written estimate which we accepted and gave a down payment of $750. We picked out color stains from the Cabot brand sample sheets provided. Sid called to explain the what we selected wouldn't work because our deck was older and needed a deck correct type of finish. We selected another color for the older deck and gave Sid permission to proceed while we were out of town. When we returned home we saw the deck had been given one coat of stain, but it was not the brand or color we selected. (empty stain cans were left on the deck and ground cover plants were not pushed aside to completely stain the steps). I called Sid to say we were unhappy with the color and product substitution, and to not put on a second coat until we could discuss the problem. This was in June. I have tried to contact him numerous times, in an effort to get this situation fixed, but he will not answer my phone calls or return my messages. I have hired someone else to fix his mistakes
Last update on June 3, 2022
Deck Companies in La Crosse
Begin your search for a decking installer in La Crosse
Do your dreams include sipping a frosty beverage in an Adirondack chair on your porch or spreading a towel out to catch some rays on a back deck? A well-designed exterior structure on your home can bring added leisure to your lawn, giving you a spot to host friends and cookouts with ease or just lounge away sunny days. A first step toward filling your backyard dreams is to locate the right decking contractor.
Start here to make it happen. Enter your ZIP code, and provide answers to some brief questions regarding your potential deck or porch-building job. Our system filters the answers you give through area decking pros who build decks and give you a list of deck companies in La Crosse for review.
We also make it easy for you to start researching possible porch builders. After looking at reviews, you can view images of finished porch and deck projects to get an idea about which professionals may be a potential fit for your project's needs.
What are some common services performed by porch and deck installers?
When you dream it for your home's exterior, chances are you can hire a deck and porch installer in La Crosse willing to make your dreams come true. Understanding what types of services these installers perform helps you know what might be possible for your home.
Constructing new structures is one service that porch and deck builders offer. You can locate builders who are willing to construct intricate structures that have multiple levels and amenities including outdoor kitchens, hammocks, firepits, and built-in seating. You may also find installers that specialize in simple decks, screened-in porches, concrete or brick patios, or decks for pools.
If you already own a deck and just want some updates or repairs, that's a possibility also. Porch and deck companies complete additions to enhance your current space. They may also replace or repair boards, steps, or railings or stain or paint decks to make an older look new again.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful deck company articles
When you're building a deck, it's important to know what questions to ask your contractor and how to make sure your deck will last for years to come.
Brand New Porch Roof is Leaking in Seam Between Soffits and New Porch Roof. What is Needed to Fix It; Cost?
Question by Rtg205: Brand new porch roof is leaking in seam between soffits and new porch roof. Contractor came out 2xs to "fix" the issue and re-caulked the se
Find deck & porch contractors in
- La Crescent,
- West Salem,
- Coon Valley,
- De Soto,
- Spring Grove
deck & porch contractors in La Crosse
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Field Of Dream Siding And Construction LLCPO Box 1611
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54602
- JIRSA CONSTRUCTION2014 JACKSON ST
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601
- Masters Construction Group LLC815 Rose St
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54603
- Phillips Fencing Inc2726 Larson St
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54603
- Sid Heiser's Painting2151 Johnson St
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54601
- The Board Store Home Improvement Inc514 Copeland Avenue
La Crosse, Wisconsin 54603
- Field Of Dream Siding And Construction LLC
- ACB Construction1841 Ridgewood Dr NW
Alexandria, Minnesota 56308
- All Craft Exteriors7509 11th Ave NW
Rochester, Minnesota 55901
- Amazing EZ-Screen Porch Windows563 Shoreview Park Rd
Saint Paul, Minnesota 55126
- AnderMill Homes, LLC611 Brickl Rd Ste A
WEST SALEM, Wisconsin 54669
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
Allston, Massachusetts 02134
- Asher Lasting Exteriors2309 W Cameron St
Eau Claire, Wisconsin 54703
- ACB Construction
- Baltic Iron Doors & Naddour's Ornamental Iron1221 E Warner Ave
Santa Ana, California 92705
- Baltic Iron Doors & Naddour's Ornamental Iron
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer3560 South Brandon Street
Seattle, Washington 98118
- Dorian Visionheart Dyer
- Ganser Co Inc1906 W Beltline Hwy
Madison, Wisconsin 53713
- Ganser Co Inc
- IDEAL CONSTRUCTIONS3506 NATWICK RD A
Viroqua, Wisconsin 54665
- IDEAL CONSTRUCTION
- JAKE WIESER CONSTRUCTION INC7750 TT RD
Houston, Minnesota 55943
- JAKE WIESER CONSTRUCTION INC
- Nick's Tree & Landscape12390 Sherburne Ave
Becker, Minnesota 55308
- Nick's Tree & Landscape
- Oakwood Exteriors LLC1411 Contractors Blvd
Plover, Wisconsin 54467
- Oakwood Exteriors LLC
- ReNew Roofing233 Walnut St
Spooner, Wisconsin 54801
- ReNew Roofing
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space6317 Busch Blvd
Columbus, Ohio 43229
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire 03884
- Stutzman & Son Construction, LLCN23487 CR T
Ettrick, Wisconsin 54627
- Sunrise Builders28501 116th St.
Trevor, Wisconsin 53179
- ShadeTree Canopies – for COOL outdoor living space