Fish Concrete Raising

Founded 2011 • With Angi since April 2012

4064 Timber Lane .

Cross Plains, WI 53528

Fish Concrete Raising specializes in leveling driveways, walkways, steps and stairs, garage floors, sidewalks, and patios. Void filling. Mudjacking. Concrete Raising. Concrete Lifting. Concrete Leveling...

04/29/2021

Louis S.

Upon completion I went to examine and was shocked to see that the walkway now tipped towards the house! I grabbed a 4’ level and discovered it pitched 9/16” in 4’ towards the steps where your enter the house and continued that way 40’. After having Bret come out to discuss the issue his solution would be to lift the low side up 1 1/2” the entire way and leave it sticking up above at the driveway. Basically defeating the whole reason we wanted the walkway leveled in the first place. I basically have now paid hundreds of dollars to trade one problem for another and will have to spend more than he was paid to correct it. We paid him because he was of the opinion he did what he bid to do. I guess he does not see sending water run off towards your house as a concern. Worse even trapping it at the bottom of the steps. The two concrete contractors I had look at fixing the problem said trying to pour a thin cap on top to pitch the other direction will not last and just crack up and spall apart. Two reasons for even leaving this review are that this project was my wife’s desire to save me having to break up the side walk and replace it. It is her extreme disappointment and frustration that she spent that money and now I will have to do it now anyway, and 2nd having hired a professional I would never have expected that the direction water runs off of concrete was not even a thought to him as he said had he known I was concerned about the pitch he would not have done the job.

Description of Work
Side walk leveling

Category concrete repair,mudjacking

10/24/2020

Paul K.

Great! Bid was reasonable. The crew arrived a scheduled and the 3 of them seemed to be enjoying their work. They answered my questions and gave suggestions to help prevent the concrete from sinking. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Level the concrete of my driveway and sidewalk

04/08/2019

David M Deci D.

Brett and his crew made every step of the way easy and efficient. I first met his crew at the Home and Garden show and, as promised, they contacted me by e-mail to arrange an estimate once the weather had thawed. The estimate was provided electronically within 48 hours including photos of the work to be done and an explanatory video. The contract was available on line and was enabled for an electronic signature. Once the contract had been signed, I was contacted for a work date. The work was done efficiently and expertly. Follow up was provided both by an e-mail and a site visit by Brett himself. I was most impressed with the professionalism, efficiency, and responsive of Brett Fish and his crew.

Description of Work
Elevation of cement slab segment of front walkway

10/08/2018

Sandra K.

They were advised of the need to fix a gap that had developed between the front stoop and sidewalk. The quote indicated that the sidewalk and stoop would be “flush.” When the work was finished the gap remained. I contacted the owner and he advised that the work was done as specified in the quote. Flush means “having or forming a continuous plane or unbroken surface.” The owners attitude when confronted with my concerns was rude and unprofessional. I would not use this company as you may not get the desired outcome.

Description of Work
Sidewalk and Driveway

Category concrete repair,concrete driveways,mudjacking

09/27/2018

noah M.

The work was done quickly and beautifully. I talked with Bret early on and explained he was the only one who returned any of my calls (out of 11 people), so I really needed his help. I mentioned I would be willing to pay more since our address was out of their normal range of operation. I was given an estimate that based on my understanding of their charges made it seem like the process would take around 1.5 to 2 hours and so I was happy to accept. The staff showed up, did their work diligently, and did a wonderful job, but it only took 45 minutes. There was no change in the estimate, so I feel like I got over charged a lot. Which kind of ashame, I am sure I will need their services again, but I know I will be overcharged because I am 30 minutes outside of their normal range.

Description of Work
I needed 7 slabs of concrete raised on one side

09/01/2017

David L.

They were excellent and very responsive of what they could do. They followed up the next day. They did a very good job.

Description of Work
Raised concrete on drive

08/17/2016

Carl Z.

Fish is competent, persistent and willing to tackle hard jobs. Came on time, bored three holes and injected liquid concrete. This first attempt did not raise the low corner, because the original slab was cheaply done, and the concrete spilled out the edge of the slab. Packed concrete into the side of the slab, allowed it to harden 3 days, then came back and injected concrete again. This second attempt raised the low corner. They stuck to the original estimate despite the unexpected difficulty.

Description of Work
Raising sagging corner of concrete slab underneath steel storage building.

05/21/2015

Karen H.

Areas of the concrete slabs of the driveway were raised to make it all level again. Brett's crew were punctual, efficient, and did a great job. All areas of the work were neatly cleaned up at the end of the task at hand. I also appreciate that Brett honored a discount coupon found in ValuPack .

Description of Work
Raised driveway concrete slabs

05/20/2015

Michael C.

Everything went great! i contacted fish, talked to Brett about the details, and he was out within a few weeks (this was before the ground was thawed) and he sent us an estimate with detailed pictures of the work to be performed. He told me that he'd be in contact with us after the ground thawed, which he did. Details were setup and he said they would be out at 7am on a Monday and they were on time or early, as they were there and working before I headed out to work that morning. My wife contacted me later that morning from home and said everything looked awesome! When I got home and looked everything over I was blown away at how flat the mudjacked areas were now! The concrete slabs all lined up properly again! The most amazing part was the front stoop, which had sunken about 6-8 inches and they were able to get that sucker back up to where it was supposed to be. Very impressed with their work and they also cleaned up after their work was complete. We'll definitely use them again if we encounter any other sunken slabs in the future!

Description of Work
Raised various sunken slabs of concrete around the house that were causing trip hazards or putting pressure on the foundation.

Category mudjacking

Hi (removed member name). Thanks very much for your business and your feedback. Enjoy your level concrete!!!

04/27/2015

Jessica J.

Brett was very professional and communicative and provided great customer service. He provided helpful before and after photos of the service, which was a nice touch.

Description of Work
Raised sunken driveway and front stoop

Alonso Landscape Service LLC

Welcome to Alonso Landscape Service, a full-service landscape company with one goal - making our customers happy. Our professionalism, dedication to quality and outstanding commitment to customer satisfaction has catapulted us to the forefront of landscape service providers in Dane County. At Alonso Landscape Service, landscaping is more than a job. It's an opportunity to create beauty and satisfaction for our customers. We ensure that our customers receive the time, attention and expertise each job needs for ultimate, timely, cost-effective results. From hardscaping to seasonal plantings, lawn maintenance to snow plowing, we view every job as our only job... until it is completed. We Are Fully Insured! For appointments, please call (608) 308-4983. (608) 239-4577 or email us at contact@alonsolandscapeservice.com Visit our website at http://www.alonsolandscapeservice.com

Marvin's Brick Pavers

Marvin's Brick Pavers is a Madison area hardscape contractor specializing in high-quality paved brick walkways, driveways, patios, pool decks, fireplaces, landscaping, concrete resurfacing, outdoor living spaces, and more. We have more than 20 years' experience in the Madison and New Jersey areas, are fully insured, and are accredited with an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Concrete Raising.Driveways, patios, stoops, sidewalks, pumps, garage floors & handicap ramps. Void filling. Mudjacking. Concrete Lifting. Concrete Leveling

Concrete Replacement, Concrete-Pouring and Repair