Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Get matched with top home builders in Windsor, VT
There are 6 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Windsor
- G R PORTER & SONS INCPorter & sons are the real deal; honest, skillful, and with great professionalism and pride in their work. They are a pleasure to work with, and we love all the work they've done on our home. They take pride in their work, and are honest.
- Ridge Top Painting & CarpentryNot one problem, no kidding. In 20 degree weather, snow, Jeff and his team were up on the scaffolding framing out my house. It began around December 1 and finished by July...much of the work, after initial framing was done by him alone. Shows up every day on time...every day! If he is not coming, he will tell you, Works and only stops for lunch...not kidding. Honest, trustworthy, keeps his word and frankly under priced for the quality of the work. And yes...when I was not home while he was working (which was often) he walked my dog
- South Face Design/Build, LLCThey backed out and he didn’t want to take this project and recommended Dennis who I was very happy with. I did have a rough estimate and his partner wanted to retire and they were trying to finish up things that he had already committed before and not take on new commitments. I checked his website and he does a lot of posting beam work which is very nice stuff and that was more than I was looking for. In the website his place is gorgeous but he didn’t do any work for us. It ended up costing about what he said it would cost with another builder. His responsiveness was good
- Lemire CarpentryHe is old school guy and he is not online. He does everything and he is a super notch. He is a great guy. He did a good job. He is very straight forward and I will highly recommend him. I had complete flexibility and saved money and he let me work with him. I specified what I wanted for roofing, siding, trim work on the outside. I did the design and we worked closer together for that to happen. He gave me suggestions and rough idea and details because I was there. The original part of my house was built in 1837 and catching on to that there was a lot of discussion and we discovered things as we went along and it was great. He had enough experience and he was about 8th or 9th guy that we talked to contract. We kept the part of the 1st floor and removed a part of 2nd floor. He was capable doing that and had great degree of fact to do things and when I asked him, ‘what you would do?’ and he had an answer. My wife and I are very pleased with him and his efficiency. He was my general contractor. He sub contracted excavation work, concrete work and roofing. He worked with us. He is a plumber and gave up his fee for the plumber because he would normally break in an additional fee as a general contractor. He was generous. He is honest and hardworking guy. He is on time. He takes a coffee break and lunch break always at the same time. He is always methodical. Everything is very itemized and does not waste things. He is very good on that. He was excellent guy and doesn’t waste any materials. He is a local guy and he had built a lot of houses in the area and we liked the houses. We liked him because he was straight forward and liked his work. And all the guys he worked with respected his work and said he is a great guy. He is an exacting guy but very fair. People enjoy working with him
- PETER FRENCH FINE WOODWORKIt went very smoothly. We began with a discussion of design and costs, which Peter always does in a creative, flexible, and collaborative way, and the building began as soon as the ground was sufficiently thawed to set footings. At every stage the work was beautifully done, and Peter also made all the necessary contacts with people who did the heating, electrics and so on. We simply watched it happen, and threw in our two cents' worth now and again. The addition is gorgeous and functions just as we had imagined. Absolutely perfect for what we needed
- CHARLES LEONARD CONSTRUCTIONHe did quite a lot of work inside and outside. I recommend him highly. He is reasonable. He is very trustworthy. I have really no complaints. I had estimates which were ridiculously high compared to him. Compared to most builders, he is very good.
- Son BuildersSt.John (the boss) removed the skirts, jacked up the barn and refit the footings. They gave the barn very thorough attention and were able to accomplish the repairs without rebuilding the whole darn thing. I was very impressed with the ingenuity of the team and their efforts to make sure that this would not happen again. Like I said, this was not the first time I have used Son Builders. They have always shown the highest level of fit and finish, they never waste time or materials. I highly recommend
- SHEPARD CONSTRUCTIONThey come back no and then for little projects for me. They recently came back to install two doors for me. It helped prevent a water issues. They did a great job.
- Trumbull-Nelson Construction Company, Inc.I think they are best contractor in upper valley. They do really big jobs as well as home building. They build top of the line homes and they don't build smaller homes. They do really an outstanding job. They do a lot of work for local business and stores. They have been known to be excellent. By cost wise they are high end. I got what I paid for with them. The quality is really good
- ADW BUILDERSAllan and crew were very professional in solving major problems with the house. They cleaned up the house each day and put all cabinets and fixtures back in place. Would highly reccomend them.
House Builders in Windsor
- Business Description:We are a full service building and remodeling contractor. We have been in the construction industry for more than 20 years. We remodel all aspects of your home, Kitchens, Baths, living areas and so much more. We also will build new homes, decks, garages, and out buildings. Our ability to accurately price jobs, puts us in a league of our own. We have the Best People, Best Products, Best Results, Everytime. Come experience the differences.Recent Review:This project was a pleasure. Joe was great to work with at all stages of the project. He did a great job communicating about his schedule and always showed up when he said he would. The project met all of our expectations. We would definitely hire again if a new project comes upMichael R.
- Business Description:Welcome to sonlight home repairs. thanks for checking out our company. we have been in business since 1998. I am committed to doing excellent work at a reasonable price. I am the one who gives the estimate and does the jobs. I do not sub my work out!! I love what I do and always take pride in my workRecent Review:It went really really well. He did a great job. It came out right at the price he quoted me. We got the windows from Home Depot and some of them is not the window we're looking so he worked with Home Depot and got the right size of the windows. I was very very pleased. The work was done very professional. He was on time. He was here when he said would be. He is very proactiveRobert T.
- Business Description:We are a General Contracting firm serving central and southern Vermont and New Hampshire since 1984. We offer a variety of construction services from design / build to working off your plans. We can work with you from concept to completion. Our seasoned construction team consists of estimating, project management, on and off site supervision, carpenters and mechanics. www.wrightconstruction.coRecent Review:I had serious water problems in my basement, and a crumbling foundation. The concrete block foundation had lost a lot of its grout and was bulging dangerously. Wright straightened the wall, installed French drains on two sides of the house, insulated the interior walls and ceiling of the basement, and installed a thick plastic vapor barrier on the floor. They poured about four inches of cement on the floor and installed a heater that will keep the temperature above freezing in the basement. This makes it easier to turn on the water and to heat the upstairs if I come up in the winter. The cost was about $40,000. I was very pleased with Wright's workmanship, responsiveness and the quality of their staff. I would recommend Wright without hesitation to anyone with an engineering problemAnne H.
- Business Description:Building Energy is a comprehensive energy services company. We possess both the vision and expertise to deliver green products and services that range from energy audits to the installation of solar systems. Our Mission: to reduce the carbon footprint of buildings and to create healthy and efficient building environments. Building Energy conducts in-depth energy audits and deep energy retrofits; installs spray-applied cellulose and foam insulation; builds custom solar systems; designs and ins..Recent Review:They did a great job. Were very responsive to my emails and questions. Coordinated well with other contractors that were doing work. Cleaned up after themselves. They did spray foam in the walls, roof, basement, and waterproofed the crawlspaceJacqueleen A.
- Business Description:With over 21 years of professional contracting experience, I am here to address any or all of your painting interior and exterior, remodeling general, roofing, carpentry, building contractor,Recent Review:Jeff did a great job with our projects. He completed each project with experience, knowledge, and attention to detail. He installed hardwood floors, tiled our master bathroom, removed wallpaper, and painted the interior of our house. The tiling and hardwood install were precise, with no margin for error. The painting looks great. We would definitely hire Jeff againJed S.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Fully Insured, with 22 years of experience. quality workmanship at an affordable rate.Recent Review:building is 5 1/2 inches out of square. Each corner is a different height. Wall lean, slab looks like it had a windshield wipers try to spread it....see photos mikeclowconstruction.netEdmund S.
- Business Description:We are a general handy man service. We make and refurbish furniture. We work on small renovation projects and do what ever you need. We will always go beyond for our customersRecent Review:Very disappointed, it quickly became clear that this person had very little experience with contract work or even good business practices. I felt like I was providing advice on how to run a business, and he wasn't able to make any recommendations about the project. The final straw was the posts he put in weren't secure or safe. I had to spend more money to find someone that would take over and finish the project and redo what had been done. I will say he was polite, and even admitted to being in over his head on a basic deckLinda L.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
What is it about chalet-style homes that feel so inviting and cozy? This article features a history of chalet-style homes, outlines its benefits, details key design elements, and shows how to incorporate a chalet-style design in your home.
How much does it cost to demolish a house? Average prices for demolition vary based on home size, materials, and location. A partial demolition can make a project more affordable than a full house demolition. Keep reading for more.
Find home builders in
- White River Junction
home builders in Windsor
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Barton & Affiliates LLC.106 Plains Rd.
Andover, New Hampshire
- BCS Builders94 Shaker Hill Rd
Enfield, New Hampshire
- BCS Builders94 Shaker Hill Rd
Enfield, New Hampshire
- Beyond Woodworks37 Conant Sq apt 3
- BLANC & BAILEY CONSTRUCTION18 Depot St
Charlestown, New Hampshire
- Bowen Ridge Construction100 Rathbunville Ln
Whitehall, New York
- Boynton Construction, Inc.17 Gilson Rd
- Bruce TuckerPO Box 71
Wentworth, New Hampshire
- Bruss Construction, Inc.120 E Main St
Bradford, New Hampshire
- Building Energy1570 S Brownell Rd
- BURNS & ASSOCIATES61 SOUTH HILL ROAD
- Burrington Builders & MaintenancePO Box 221
Warner, New Hampshire
- Barton & Affiliates LLC.
- CRV ConstructionPO Box 551
- CRV Construction
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- FinCarpPo Box 5
Grantham, New Hampshire
- Granite State Lawncare6 Sunset St
Claremont, New Hampshire
- Granite State Lawncare
- J.P. Paquette Construction324 Forest Acres Road
NEW LONDON, New Hampshire
- J.P. Paquette Construction
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- Mike Clow Construction53 Water St
Lebanon, New Hampshire
- MJ Tremblay Builders LLC102 LaPlante rd
Lebanon, New Hampshire
- morgan design/constructionP.O. Box 65
Elkins, New Hampshire
- Mountain Man Services1445 Godfrey Rd
East Thetford, Vermont
- Muzzey Brook Builders, LLCPO Box 261
Georges Mills, New Hampshire
- Mike Clow Construction
- Peachtree Builders, Inc66 State St
- PETER FRENCH FINE WOODWORK1074 NEW BOSTON RD
- Precision Building SolutionsPO Box 456 114 East Main Street
Bradford, New Hampshire
- Property Solutions47 Narragansett trl
Thornton, New Hampshire
- puffers roofing and remodeling1435 stinson lake rd
Rumney, New Hampshire
- Peachtree Builders, Inc