You want to keep your family safe, so you may wonder how to tell if your home has asbestos. Since asbestos is invisible to the naked eye, you can look for signs of the material, but you should hire a professional to confirm the presence of asbestos.
Get matched with top asbestos removal services in Milton, VT
There are 0 highly-rated local asbestos removal services.
Recent Asbestos Removal Reviews in Milton
- Alderson Environmental Contractor IncAll in all it was great. Chuck and his team were very responsive after my initial request for a proposal. Upon his review of the job site Chuck noticed that in addition to the existing pipe insulation there were also asbestos remnants on pipe fittings in the basement where the previous owners had more than likely removed the asbestos themselves. The estimate that Chuck provided was right in line with what I was expecting. They were able to get the work scheduled quickly. Chuck and his team arrived Monday morning to begin set up for the removal, set up is a bit labor intensive given the nature of the material that needs to be removed (lung cancer hazards, etc) so it does take some time to re-create the scene from ET in the work area (plastic everywhere, negative pressure, etc.) Chuck explained the process from start to finish and the guys got started. They worked quickly, efficiently and were very accommodating to schedule their work days around our needs (starting a bit later than they normally do as we have a 16 month old). The work was complete in two days and the cost was exactly as estimated. The customer service follow up was also impeccable as Chuck worked with us to ensure that everything was to our satisfaction upon completion of the job, thanks Chuck! As an aside, I did try to get an estimate from another local asbestos removal company (Environmental Hazards Management out of Williston) however three voicemails went unreturned. Not a good first impression for their project management and follow through read less
- Alderson Environmental Contractor IncI'm in the process of trying to sell a house, which had belonged to my father. A recent home inspection uncovered some asbestos in the basement and a small amount of vermiculite in the attic, both of which needed to be removed before putting the house on the market. It was clear I would need to find a company who was versed in the removal of hazardous materials. Never having encountered this problem before, I turned to Angies List. I chose Alderson's Inc., which I found listed on this site, as they came highly recommended. It became clear from the moment I contacted this company, why that is the case. From my first contact with Chuck, he was professional as well as very congenial. He quickly made an appointment to meet with me the next morning for an estimate. Being as I still had much else to do with the house, I appreciated how fast he was able to accommodate me. I was further impressed by Chuck at our meeting. He discovered more asbestos in the basement than the home inspector had and without pressuring me, indicated he felt that the old oil tank would also be an issue in the sale of the house. Obviously knowing his business and versed in local and state laws re: the removal of hazardous waste, Chuck made short work of assessing the situation. His explanation of what would need to be done was clear and concise and left me feeling extremely confident that the job would being done efficiently and with great attention to detail. He was very informative, without being at all pushy and his estimate came in at well below what I had imagined. I decided on the spot to hire Chuck and the team he spoke so highly of. He was able to fit me in to do the job beginning the following day and the team finished on the second day! Amazing! Throughout, they kept me apprised of their progress via phone and email. Each person I spoke to was extremely friendly and very knowledgeable. he gauge on the oil tank originally read 10 gallons, but as it turned out, the gauge was broken and there were 30 gallons to be removed. I assumed there would be an extra charge for the the time and disposal of the extra oil, but Chuck said no. I feel strongly that this company is exceedingly competent, as well as honest and fair in it's dealings. Chuck and his team are truly a delight to work with. It is easy to see why they came so highly recommended here on Angie's list. It just doesn't get any better than Alderson's, Inc. if you are in need of an environmental contractor read less
- Alderson Environmental Contractor IncThe process went very well. I took my time in selecting a contractor, and decided on Chuck at Alderson because he promised a clean basement at the end of the process. He was able to schedule work within 2 weeks of getting notice to proceed and was in and out of the house in less than three days, which is exactly what was promised. The staff at Alderson was very neat and minimized the disturbance in what could have been an obtrusive process. They were courteous to the tenant in the adjacent unit, and they even fed, watered, and kept our indoor cat company while work was being done. The end result was an immaculate, asbestos-free 120 year old basement, that was completed on time and on budget read less
- Alderson Environmental Contractor IncI purchased a circa 1890 house with an original furnace. The HUGE furnace was terribly inefficient, and it would be very tough to find someone to maintain it, so I had to get it replaced. But the furnace itself and duct work in the basement were all wrapped in asbestos. I had meetings with, and received quotes from, several different haz-mat clean up contractors, but I was most impressed with Chuck Alderson. Even though his quote was the most expensive I chose him. From his in-person sales pitch I was led to believe he would be on site over seeing the work. I was also promised a basement floor "so clean you can eat off it". Not something I need, or even wanted, but statements such as that set the tone for the quality of work I expected from the most expensive quote. In truth, the next time I saw Chuck was when he came by to pick up the final check several days after the work was done. The work was performed by two other guys, who did not seem to be working on the same instructions that Chuck and I had agreed to. Not to say the work they did was "bad", but it was lacking greatly from the promises that Chuck had made. Examples: - On day 1 the crew refused to start work until the gas line was disconnected from the furnace. They claimed (falsely) that I was responsible for that. Chuck and I had gone over the contract, which had a clear section outlining all the site prep I had to do for them. This included things like getting two new 20amp breakers and dedicated outlets installed, running a hose to provide water access in the basement, and cleaning out all my belongings....in other words, I did a lot of prep and was aware of the contract. Despite this, last minute I had to scramble to find a gas technician (they declined to help, while they sat around and waited) who would come by and disconnect the gas. I paid dearly for the emergency service, and these fee was not reimbursed by Alderson, even though we later reviewed the contract and showed that it was NOT my responsibility. - I was informed that the ducts in my home would be sealed inside my house. I was not informed that this would be done by covering them with duct tape and leaving it. Not only was the duct tape not removed as part of the clean up process, the tape (not surprisingly) left glue residue all over the antique cast iron grates. There are many ways this could have been done better, Gaffers Tape for example, which doesn't leave residue, or 3M Window sealant, etc. It was poor workmanship to use duct tape, it was sloppy to leave the tape on the job site. - I was informed that everything would be removed from the work site and included in the waste disposal fee. However, several large pieces of scrap metal and some trash were left behind. I called Alderson about this and they said they would "get back to me". Chuck showed up 3 days later to collect his check. In that time I had already moved the crap out of my basement on my own and paid the town dump fee to dispose of it. Chuck did not offer to reimburse me for this added fee. Instead he informed how he was going to "b**** out" his guys for leaving trash on the site, he was really "going to let them have it." Not the kind of boss I would want to work for. - I was told I would have a basement floor "clean enough to eat off of". Far from the truth. While the basement was mildly cleaner than it was before the work (I would hope so after 3 days of water and scrubbing). I was still left with a skim of dust-turned-mud which in a few short days became mildew. Chuck inspected this work and basically said that's what I get and it's as clean as it's going to get. He took my $4380 and walked away. I spent another two days scrubbing out the basement and using a bleach solution to kill the mildew, then airing the whole thing with fans before I could move my stuff in. - Two years later, when I was applying for a zoning permit on my property I discovered that Alderson had never closed out their work permit on my property. After contacting them it took several days to get the permit closed. Fortunately I was not going to sale, this could have scuttled a real estate transaction. Chuck had made a big deal about how a lot of his cost was because of the bureaucracy of inspections, permitting, and licensing for his work. The permit being open 2 years later shows that the job had never been inspected as I was told, and it all seems like a lot of blowing smoke. In short, Chuck is a slick salesman who doesn't deliver. In this case, paying more does not get you better service read less
Asbestos Removal Services in Milton
- Business Description:ProClaim is one of the fastest growing public insurance adjusting firms in the nation because of our excellence in producing positive results for our clients. We operate differently than other public adjusting firms. Simply put, we only get paid if we can assist you in obtaining more money than your insurance company initially offered on your claim. It is our belief that this philosophy allows us to prove our value to you, the insured. ProClaim is licensed and bonded through the Department of.. read lessRecent Review:They settled with Erie Ins. Co. without notifying me, received and deposited the checks and kept all the money and ran. I found out (after the fact) and after it was too late to appeal or arbitrate through the Commonwealth of Virginia. This company is a con game...Angie's List should drop them like the stinking thieves they are.. read lessRonald T.
- Business Description:INDIAN ARROW PO BOX 2133,Paterson,07509 www.indianarrow.us tel:973-653-9652 866-20A-RROW Indian Arrow Industries Inc. provides abatement services for a wide range of commercial, public utilities, General Contractors, State and Federal agencies and commercial businesses across the East Coast of the United States. Fully licensed and insured for the States of NJ,NY,PA,CT & MA. The projects we .. read lessRecent Review:unknownElissa S.
- Business Description:Additional address - PO Box 484, Burlington, VT 05402.Recent Review:This is an exception for me to write a rave review. I wish that we ran into more businesses like Alderson. Their prompt response from first contact was only bettered by their actual job performance! The crew was exceedingly careful, respectful and extremely professional. The work was completed quickly and was immaculate! We were very satisfied with the results and plan to have the company return to do more projects for us. <br / read lessRichard K.
- Business Description:Asbestos Inspections of Vermont provides asbestos assessments for residential, commercial, and industrial properties. We service the entire state of Vermont.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful asbestos removal service articles
Asbestos removal costs an average of $1,900. Most jobs will cost between $1,100 and $2,800.
Air quality testing can pinpoint problems and help identify solutions. A professional indoor air quality tests costs $400 on average.
Find asbestos removal services in
- Grand Isle
- Essex Junction
- Saint Albans
- South Burlington
- North Hero
- South Hero
- Isle La Motte
asbestos removal services in Milton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!