Proper lawn mower maintenance can keep it running longer. Whether it's sharpening blades or getting a professional mower tuneup, follow these maintenance tips.
Find top lawn mower repair services in South Boston, VA
There are 1 top-rated lawn mower repair services in your area and 1 to avoid
After 20 years, it's now free to join.
- More than 10 Million Verified Reviews
- Nationwide Coverage
- Trusted Ratings
Recent Lawn Mower Repair Reviews in South Boston
- Lee's Affordable ServicesLee was extremely courteous and timely. He came and hauled away my mower in his “smaller” of 2 cargo trailers-read large capacity. His prices were extraordinarily affordable! I would recommend him for any lawn service needs, handy work, you name it! Just ask him and he will be honest. I will definitely be patronizing him In the future
- Jimmys Lawn Mower RepairExcellent! Our snowblower quit and we called Jimmy. He was at our home the next day, assessed the situation and ordered parts. Three days later, our snowblower is back in our garage fully operational. Experienced professional, fast and fair service.
- DAVIS LAWN TRACTOR REPAIRI could not be at home at the time service was available. All the work was performed in my absence. A detailed service order explained what was done, and replaced parts were left for me to see. A discount I didn't know to ask for was applied, and the charges were quite reasonable. Having someone I can trust to make "house calls" is very important to me. I will definitely call upon Davis Lawn Tractor Repair in future and recommend it highly to my friends
- Mr. B's Small Engine Repair, Inc.Purchased a new deck for our riding mower from an internet site. We were not able to add the belts, so we took the new deck to Mr. B's to add the belts that allowed the deck to be installed on our 10 year old mower. The mower is in excellent condition, the deck had rusted through. His repairs allowed us to continue to use our mower at a cost of $300 vs the price of a new mower (over $2,000). He is someone who will tell you if an item is worth repairing. His work is quick and we have been very happy with his repairs in the past to our chain saw. So we keep going back
- Mr B's Lawn Mower & Saw ShopMr. B's did a good job. I have been using them for the past 10 years for yearly maintenance and servicing. Their prices seem to be reasonable and I have been satisfied with the type of work they have done. They also pick up and deliver it. I would use them again in the future.
- C & G Small Engine RepairOur neighbors Riding Lawnmower felt like it had a seared pin, so we called C&G Small Engine repair and he said bring it on down, so we loaded it up in our flatbed trailer and took it down... He had it repaired by the next day and it turned out to be a broken belt... Charles Sullivan is very honest... We have taken other things to him like our weed eaters and Our other riding lawn mowers we have and he has always treated us with respect and efficiency... He has never tried to gouge us with any price...So if your looking for someone who is HONEST and won't over charge you, give him a call... I highly recommend him...Repaired Riding Lawn Mowe
- MR B'S SMALL ENGINE REPAIR INCMr. B's is a very reliable repair shop so they are often crowded and have a backlog so they were not able to get to my mower for seven business days. However, they informed me of the delay when I dropped it off and asked if that was going to be a problem. They called as soon as they diagnosed the problem (eighth business day) and told me their schedule for repairing the problem. It was a broken blade balancer which was not in stock, nor in the warehouse so they called to inform me of the facts. Then they continued to research the solution and gave me updates every 3-4 days. They estimated the date for the parts coming in from the manufacturer, which were on back order, and then called when the repairs were complete (two days earlier than the estimate)
- Romero Landscaping IncThey come to mow, edge, and mulch the lawn. Their price is pretty reasonable. They are consistent, reliable, and do good work. They have a lot of different services, so if you want seeding, aeration, or other services, they can do that. The owner will always come out if you want a specific job to be done. He will give you his ideas and provide an estimate, which is always reasonable
- King George Mobile RepairSuperb service, professionalism, and skills. I found King George Mobile Repair in the KG Yellow Pages, and spoke on the phone with Andy, the owner. He gave me the estimate for the work, and described the work with pretty good detail. That's when I learned that KGMR's service really is MOBILE, and that the work would be done at my residence. You might not have my good fortune: Andy had an opening two hours from when I called. But regardless of when you make the appointment, you can expect excellent service. Andy arrived punctually with his mechanic. Lawn Tractor: King George Mobile Repair carefully followed the Cub Cadet tune-up and maintenance procedures. An unexpected mechanical problem emerged, and there was no doubt that it had to be corrected: Some gray smoke and bad smell, which were not the case when I last cut grass in early autumn. Andy quickly diagnosed the problem: The valve cover needed tightening. PERFECT fix! Roto-tiller: While Kevin the mechanic did the lawn tractor tune-up, Andy quickly diagnosed my roto-tiller problem. It was a dirty carburetor jets. He also tightened a loose carb mounting bolt. This was ALSO a PERFECT fix! No fast-talk, and no "b.s." Just polite, plain-spoken communications from start to finish. The total cost of Labor and Parts was extremely fair. They accept cash or check. I happened to be home that day, so was able to watch all the work. However when I call King George Mobile Repair in the future, I won't worry one bit if my wife has to take the turn at staying home to greet Andy or his mechanic. I think that Andy is a very honest businessman in addition to being a skilled technician. Kevin, his mechanic, performed the majority of the work, and he is a very capable technician and mechanic. I am happy to write the first King George Mobile Repair review for Angie's List
- Musick Repair ServiceI found the ad for this company in the local paper and even though it was in the late evening I called the number and was greeted by a friendly and professional voice. He advised me of their hourly rates and told me that it may be a few days before he could pick the tractor up. When he picked the tractor up and gave it a brief inspection he said he had a feeling he knew what the problem was and thought it would be an easy fix. He completed the repair in a timely manner, replaced a couple of worn belts, repaired the seat, and completely cleaned the tractor back to the point it almost looked new. The service was great and his rates were very reasonable. I would highly recommend Musick Repair Service for any small engine repair needs
Lawn Mower Repair Services in South Boston
- Business Description:We specialize in handyman services, home repairs, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:Job went really well. Workers were on time and did a great job. Really hard workers with a great attitude and gave the up most respect. I would definitely use them again. Highly recommend!Timmy G.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc..Recent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Sears Home Services is America’s #1 appliance services provider. Our thousands of experts based throughout the U.S. deliver guaranteed quality and workmanship. We work on most makes and models whether they were purchased at Sears or not. We take care of your house so you can enjoy your home. Only Sears offers 3 unique ways to save on appliance repairs! 1. Standard Repair Service + 90 Day Guarantee • Cost is provided after technician diagnoses the problem • 90 day guarantee on parts a..Recent Review:Timely appointment. However, was told on the phone when making the appt, that the $99 diagnostic fee would be applied as a credit toward the labor/parts. I called 2 different times, each time told the same thing. Except when the service was provided, the diagnostic fee was billed separately, in addition to the part and labor. Expensive labor for a less than 1 hour job. Definitely feel takenDuane M.
- Business Description:Corporate office address: 11047 Leadbetter Rd Ashland, VA 23005. Social media site: https://www.facebook.com/jamesriverequipment. See website for specials & other details.Recent Review: I looked the part numbers for parts I needed for my Murray riding mower in both the Murray parts listing on the internet and the briggs and stratton website. I went to the parts department at James River and was greeted by 2 parts department employees. They refused to order the parts I needed until I went back home to get serial numbers from my equipment in spite of the fact that I already had the proper info which was the same part numbers from both websites. I never went back to James River, I now go to Tractor Supply to order the parts that I need. <br /Tim L.
- Business Description:Free estimates
- Business Description:Superior Subcontracting ServicesRecent Review:Kept making promises of when the job would be started then would keep putting the start date.Edward S.
- Business Description:Big Sky Rents & Events takes the stress and frustration out of your party and equipment rental needs. Big Sky’s storefront is in Danville, Virginia, however we are in a prime location to serve the wide, surrounding area. No job is too big or small, Big Sky is ready to help you do it all! More information is listed on our website www.bigskyrents.co
- Business Description:SURRY EQUIPMENT WAS STARTED OVER 50 YEARS AGO BY WILL GWALTNEY AND EDWIN SEWARD. CHARLES SAVEDGE HAS BEEN INVOLVED HERE SINCE 1979 AND HAS BEEN THE SOLE OWNER SINCE 1992. OVER THE YEARS THE BUSINESS HAS EVOLVED TO BECOME A SOURCE FOR MANY FINE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. We currently are running special zero % Financing on most Tractors and Lawn Mowers. We accept Cash Check Or Credit Cards. We are open Mon.- Fri. 7:30am to 5:00pm, and Sat. 8:00am - 12:0Recent Review:Fast, friendly and always very helpful. I needed a new tire for an old dry rotted spare tire. I called over, they had it in stock and said if I could come over they would take care of it right away. They put the spare back on and even replaced the bolts holding the spare tire on because they were a different size than my tire iron and could cause me a problem because if I got a flat I wouldn't have the tool to get the spare off. Great place to do business! <br /Jenny S.
- Business Description:We are a true Handyman service that tackles the small stuff so you can relax and use your valuable time for the things you wish to be doing not on honey do list. When people ask us what we do, we ask, What do you want us to do? We have done everything from courier, painting, hauling, furniture repair, plumbing, cabinets and cabinet repair, door adjustment, wall repair, stone repair. roofing repair......and the list goes on. Just ask! If we can not do it than don't worry we will tell you a..
- Business Description:Additional DBA - National Automotive Parts Association.Recent Review:The mechanic was very nice and very prompt at getting back to us about the issues we were having with the car. When he couldn't get ahold of me during the time frame where fixing the car would have been done before the holiday weekend instead of after, he called my husband for approval of the work. The price was what we expected. Overall, we had no complaints. <br /sadie w.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful lawn mower repair service articles
If your lawn mower will not start, it may have a clogged air filter or bad spark plug. A lawn mower repair pro walks through how to fix and avoid problems.
Reel lawn mowers make a comeback over power mowers thanks to their operating ease and affordability. Learn if a rotary mower is a smart choice for you.
Find lawn mower repair shops in
- Buffalo Junction
- Chase City
- Drakes Branch
- Charlotte Court House
- Dry Fork
lawn mower repair shops in South Boston
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- All Pro Home RepairPO Box 1328
Clayton, North Carolina
- All Pro Home Repair
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Elevate Construction Inc
- Minor Touch Ups and Repairs1551 Warrenton Rd
- Minor Touch Ups and Repairs
- RepairClinic.com Inc48600 Michigan Ave
- RepairClinic.com Inc