Burchett's Small Engine Service LLC

Founded 2004 • With Angi since December 2009

Repair services on all makes and models of outdoor equipment. Pick up and delivery services available for extra fee. Warranty, sales, and service center for Husqvarna outdoor power equipment, both residential and commercial....

Freedom Lawn Services

We are a veteran owned and operated small business in the Richmond, VA area. Our goal is to work individually with each of our customers to design a service that best fits their needs, knowing each individual is unique. Our services include: lawn cutting, edging, weed eating, mulching, aeration and seeding, trimming (hedges, trees, bushes, etc), and leaf removal.

Reliable Lawn Care

***Now offering Snow Removal**Please call us for faster service***Our name says it all “Reliable”. When you need a company to take care of all of your lawn care needs, you can count on us. Our team consists of reliable, professional lawn care specialists that consistently provide outstanding service and a quality workmanship. Reliable Landscaping is an all season lawn service provider catering to your lawn service needs year round. Our services include mowing, trimming, edging, fertilization, mulching, and shrub and hedge trimming. We understand the importance of having your property look the best at all times and strive to provide reliable and quality services. Call or email us today for a free estimate or to schedule lawn care services. We offer free estimates and would love to hear from you soon. Please call or click for a free estimate today!

Nome

Nome

N/A

05/20/2020

Alan P.

WE GOT THE GENERATOR STARTED OURSELVES. COST $8.00 FOR STARTER FLUID. BURCHETTE SAID A 4 MONTH WAIT TO GET IN.

Description of Work
TO START AN ELECTRIC PORTABLE 7500 WATT GENERATOR THAT'S BEEN SITTING IN A GARAGE NOT USED, BUT CHARGED.

06/28/2017

M B.

Went fine just took a long time. Was told 3 weeks and took 8 weeks.

Description of Work
New starter rope and overall tune up. Starts first time and runs great.

04/28/2017

Beverly B.

I tried to contact them today. I paid to have my lawn mower picked up, repaired and delivered. The first time I tried to start my mower after delivery, it was hard to start. The pull cord seems like it is stuck. I kept trying and eventually got it started. Once started, the engine sounded like it was not running smoothly. Sounded gravelly. Yesterday, my second attempt at starting it was futile. I bought gas thinking that might be the problem, but the pull cord wasn't releasing properly and after many attempts, I gave up. Today, I tried to call them to try again, but the message I got said they were busy and to try again. There was no way to leave a message for a call back. I tried several times and always got that message to call back. Bad customer service and I am frustrated.

Description of Work
Get my lawn mower up next running.

03/13/2017

Craig S.

I had them service an edger, hedge trimmer and reel mower. The did a reasonable job on the edger and hedge trimmer, and were timely in getting back to me. However, they ruined by reel mower by grinding the reel on a bench grinder not only unevenly, but so that it no longer made contact with the bedknife. I spoke directly with the owner who both understood what I was asking him to do and appeared to appreciate what needed to be done to sharpen this type of mower. When I expressed shock and concern at the appearance of the unit to the receptionist, I was made the wait and exceptionally long period of time to speak with the owner. He attempted to reassure me that "centrifugal force" was sufficient to cut the grass and that the reel did not actually need to make contact. This convinced me he does not have the faintest clue how reel mowers operate, and that he would never be able to make this right. He also tried to back track and say that he explained all of this to me when I dropped off the equipment. I will never go back this vendor again and recommend that others be very wary of taking their equipment here for servicing. My experience told me that this vendor will accept service work and ask for payment when he does not have the faintest clue how to perform or fix his mistakes.

Description of Work
Blade sharpening and general tune up

09/06/2016

Linda H.

Mediocre service. Communication poor. Store had a three week waiting period that was never told to me. It took this store weeks to do simple blade change and spark plug. In the end, they needed to order parts and wanted to keep mower another week. I opted to pick up mower- this is when they decided to sharpen an old blade, put that on mower and change spark plug. Will not shop or use their service again.

Description of Work
Needed new blade and spark plug changed on lawnmower.

04/29/2016

Steven S.

Before the truck picked up the equipment I found a broken bolt on the leaf blower and a flat tire on the front of the lawn mower. I put the broken bolt in a plastic bag and attached it to the handle of the blower. When the equipment was picked up, I notified the driver of the bolt and flat tire. I got the equipment back the following week. I was not home so I had them leave the equipment in my backyard. When I attempted to move the equipment, I found the lawn mower tire still flat. I inspected it and found a nail in the tire. I ended up having to go to local hardware store to get a patch kit that solved the problem. I can't understand why Burchett's did not address the flat tire on the mower when it was in for service. It was a very obvious problem that a repair expert should have seen and was also clearly communicated to the truck driver when the equipment was picked up. Burchett's did repair the broken bolt on the leaf blower. The receipt indicated the broken part was attached to the unit. I think both the person who picked up the equipment and the repair technician should have done more. If the driver had instructed me to call the office to let them know about the tire and bolt issues, I would have done that. But, he just acknowledged the problem, loaded the equipment, and drove off. The work that was done seems to have been done well. I hope the owner reads this message and works towards improving the overall service quality.

Description of Work
I had Burchett's pick up a riding lawn mower and a push leaf blower for general service (oil change, blade replacement, etc.).

03/11/2015

KEVIN C.

They told me it was a very busy time and repair would take 2 weeks, but it was done in 10 days. All repairs done as promised and the machine has been running fine since then. The price was reasonable ($155) just about what I expected. Very courteous service both on the phone and in person, and a man helped me load and unload the heavy machine from my car. I would definitely rely on them in the future for lawnmower or any small engine work.

Description of Work
Engine repair and install new carbeurator on my yard machine (chipper/shredder).

02/19/2015

Cynthy J.

The day of the big snow storm, Burchettes picked up the small generator. We couldn't get it to start! We were so impressed that it was retuned , and fixed in the same day, before the snow flakes were starting to fall, that's outstanding customer service. We certainly didn't need the lawn mower right away, but it was returned within a few days, after the roads were cleared of the snow. Great service. Details of what was serviced was provided on the invoice. Reasonable pricing.

Description of Work
Fixed small generator and tuned up lawn mower for Spring

12/17/2014

Curtis G.

Our Scotts 1642 lawn tractor would start but almost immediately stall. It is used in conjunction with a second lawn tractor to maintain about 2 acres. The Scotts problem seemed to me to be in the fuel system or carburetor. Due to the Scotts age (over 15 years), I wanted an estimate before spending a lot of money for the repairs. I also needed pick up and delivery service which Burchett?s has available for a very reasonable fee. I called them at noon on Monday 12/15/14 stating the problem, providing a potential list of additional services needed for the tractor only if the immediate problem was resolved, requesting a pick up and an estimate of repair cost after their mechanic evaluated our Scotts. Estimated turnaround was 4 days. Burchett?s picked up our tractor that afternoon, called the next day with the estimated cost for all repairs needed including some not even on my original list. All repairs were completed as authorized and the Scotts delivered on Wednesday. Actual turnaround time was 2 days. Excellent service, performance, responsiveness and price.

Description of Work
Picked up, evaluated, repaired and delivered our over 15 year old Scotts 1642 lawn tractor.

12/12/2014

Richard S.

This is the first time we have used them and they under promised and over delivered. They provided a similar estimate for how long the service would take to what our previous dealer used to, then came and collected the mower exactly when they said they would, and returned it 7 days earlier than promised (which was a very pleasant surprise). We were reasonably happy with the mower before but it turned out some of the issues we had thought were "features" were setup/tuning issues. The engine is running much smoother now, the annoying power band that used to cause excessive wheelspin and tear up our lawn is gone, they have turned this into the mower we really thought we were buying initially. We have only used it once since they returned it so it is too early to say definitively, but it seems to be using less gas. Alas we will only know for sure next summer, but the mower used to be inordinately heavy on fuel and after use yesterday visually there seemed to be more fuel left in the tank than there was previously. They did a great job and we cannot recommend them highly enough.

Description of Work
Serviced Zero turn mower.

New Equipment Sales & Outdoor Power Equipment Repair