Gwinn's Siding and Window Company #2 Inc

Founded 1973 • With Angi since June 2006

PO Box 127

Laurens, SC 29360

Gwinns Siding was Established in 1973. All our workers work for our company. All our employees carry wokers compensation. Gwinns has 6 crews employed full time. Additional phone number- 1-800-261-5523, 1-800-925-8521 Additional fax - (864) 682-8521.

07/09/2017

Laurie W.

They were on time, worked none stop until the job was finished.

Description of Work
30+ windows changed in the house!

Category replacement windows, doors

10/11/2016

Theresa M.

Excellent!! They were timely & efficient every step of the way. Clean up was great & dumpster was removed within 48 hrs

Description of Work
Old roof removed. New roof installed.

08/05/2015

Gail M.

The entire job went exactly as planned, on schedule, right down to the penny. Bryan Murray and his crew were perfect in every detail of this entire job.

Description of Work
They installed siding on our two story house, replaced all windows, and put up new gutters. We are extremely pleased with the entire house, and particularly appreciated the professionalism and courtesy of the contractor and on-site craftsmen. They did an excellent job, were efficient, easy to work with, and cleaned up everything. We found Bryan Murray of Gwinn Siding to be a true joy to work with, and would recommend him and Gwinn Siding to anyone.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows

07/24/2015

Ralph O.

Great! Bryan is good to work with.

Description of Work
Put in 14 best quality windows and removed old

07/15/2015

Michael K.

They arrived before 7 am and started. Were through with roofing by 10:30 and Cleaned up and were gone by 2:30 PM. Crew knew what they were doing and showed professionalism.

Description of Work
Removed shingles and other roofing materials. Replaced with architectural shingles and cleaned up yard well and were through in only about 5 hrs.

06/20/2015

Mary H.

Got off to a bit of a rocky start as the project was delayed a bit because one of the workers couldn't make the initial start date. It was only a couple of days. Once they started, they were here every day and worked very hard. Project took about 2.5 weeks and they even worked Saturdays to get it done. They were professional, polite and accomodating. Really like the results.

Description of Work
Dutch Lap siding and trim to two story house, replace basement door, replace garage door.

Category garage doors, siding, replacement windows, doors

02/05/2015

Sara B.

We were very pleased with everything. The provider came when he said he was going to, was easy to contact with any question or concerns that came up and stuck to his quoted price (which was much cheaper than some of the other big window companies in town!). The windows look great-we have no complaints!

Description of Work
The provider replaced 34 windows in our house.

01/27/2015

Larry A.

The work took approximately two and a half days. Bryan, the salesman was very involved from the first day until the finish of the project and was very concerned that that we were happy with the results of the project. The work included replacing a rotten window sill which appears to have been completed very well. All the replaced windows were encased in sheet metal after being installed and the completed work was caulked inside and outside. The appearance looking in from the street to the house is excellent. The work on the ceiling of the front porch looks professional. I would most definitely give Gwinn's another job if there was opportunity. I am very fussy about cleanup after work has been completed and would like to have seen the work crew do a better cleanup at the end of the job however that would not stop me from calling them back to do another project.

Description of Work
Gwinn's replaced all the windows in my house. In addition they covered over the ceiling of my front porch using vinyl sheeting.

Category roofing, replacement windows

12/12/2014

Caroline R.

all windows installed in one day wow 24 and immediately we could reduce the thermostat

Description of Work
all windows . new shutters and gutters.

Category contractors, gutter repair, replacement windows

11/04/2014

Joey W.

The project went smoothly throughout the process. Rodger Butler was really great to work with. He came to the house to take all of the measurements and provided the quote. He came back to ensure the correct measurements were taken and that the scope of the project was consistent with our needs. The project started and ended on time. Rodger was always there to provide support from day one. The crew started on time and worked all day from day one (a very nice sight to see!). The project ended at the original estimate regarding cost. Rodger also came by at the end to provide support and even offered that if we were not happy with anything, he would stand behind the work. Again, it was a pleasure for me and my wife to work with Rodger. We would recommend him to anyone. He is a true professional and did a great job of explaining things to us and offered his advice throughout the process. We look forward to using Gwinn's Window and Siding again in the near future.

Description of Work
Vinyl window replacement on the front porch and scalloped vinyl installation on the front of the house. Replaced front and rear doors as well as closed openings in the soffit.

08/19/2014

James G.

Best pricing of three quotes. Extremely responsive and quick to respond. Had a coordinator to work all issues through.

Description of Work
New roof, new gutters with leaf guard, new storm doors, new exterior doors, remove / replace crawlspace vents, remove / replace / add soffit vents, remove / replace crawlspace doors, replace exterior steps with precast concrete steps

Category gutter repair, roofing, replacement windows, woodworking, doors

07/14/2014

Florence C.

They did a very good job, their price was lower than other companies (about 1/2 the price of other companies), and I was very pleased with their work.

Description of Work
They replaced about 10 of our windows.

02/04/2014

Alan H.

We had several vinyl windows on our 6 year old house which had failed (leaks, clouding etc.) and were out of the original warranty. I called 3 companies for quotes, fully expecting to go with Taylor's windows as they had provided good service to us at our previous house. However, the difference in sales experience between Taylor's and Gwinn's was considerable as was the price. The Taylor's experience was much more of a hard sell and the sales person was visibly not happy when we did not sign at the end of the consultation. Bryan from Gwinn's on the other hand was low pressure and was fine with us thinking things through. I'm no window expert but based on what I saw from the two companies, the windows we got from Gwinn's were just as good as the Taylor's windows but a third cheaper. The significantly lower price enabled us to replace some additional windows we had not originally considered. I should also mention that Bryan was very accommodating regarding appointment times and came to see us on a Saturday while he was getting ready to leave on vacation. The installation experience was also very good and professional. The windows are vastly superior to the junk the builders put in originally. The installation was apparently much more difficult than it should have been because of how tight things are around the windows but everything was done on time. The window sills and other trim was left intact and everything put back in place so that I did not have to do any painting or caulking after they left. We just had the glass in one of the windows not replaced by Gwinn. I called a glass replacement company but was quoted almost $400 just to replace the glass. I will be calling Gwinn's to have them quote me a replacement on the whole window which will come with a life time warranty and will be a much better window. My repeat custom is the best recommendation I can give.

Description of Work
Replaced approximately 12 windows.

10/11/2013

Eddy L.

I called the company's Greenville office and they referred me to the Lauren's office which is much closer. I left a message there and it took them a little while to call back. When they came to do the job, they didn't see a car in the drive and so instead of knocking on the door they got right to work. I came out and the two men were hard at work on the roof. They were professional and courteous. The job was done quickly and as far as I can tell correctly since we've had no more leaks inside when it rains. I am VERY satisfied with this company and will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
They fixed some leaks in the roof.

05/12/2013

Raymond J.

Bryan did a good job of predicting the schedule and coordinating the various aspects of the job. Chris Lewis and his crew were excellent, always consulting with me before they decided the best way to treat a particularly difficult section. It was a very good relationship on a very difficult job.

Description of Work
Complete siding job on a house built in 1900 and with history of poor exterior maintenance. The house was covered with fan-fold insulation and then covered with wrap before the siding was applied. In addition, several areas of rotted wood had to be replaced. The only areas not covered were three gables...which I wanted painted for architectual reasons. In other words, not an easy job.

Category siding

04/19/2013

Sheryl M.

I have a house built in the 40s and all of the windows were painted shut and letting in the heat and cold. Decided to replace them and got a few estimates. Gwinn's was not the lowest estimate that I got, but their responsiveness was excellent. Salesperson, Bryan, came to my house on a Sunday which was the only day I could be home. Took all measurements and gave me a quote that day and showed me everything that they would do for me. Assured me that all work was guaranteed. There were a couple of delays in getting the windows installed because of weather, but now that they are in, I'm extremely pleased. The installers work is craftsmanlike and the windows fit perfectly and look beautiful. I would definitely use this company again for any other siding, gutter, etc work that I need to have done.

Description of Work
All old windows were removed and new windows and trim installed.

Category remodeling

04/13/2013

Susan P.

They did good work and were consistent in their approach. We were impressed enough with their services that we expanded the scope of their beyond what we had originally planned. I will also say that compared with the other window companies, their sales pitch was to the point and their pricing was reasonable.

Description of Work
The company installed 36 new windows, wrapped all the windows trim, and exterior doors,repaired rotted wood and replaced fascia and soffits.

Category gutter repair, replacement windows, doors

02/06/2013

Diane D.

Gwinn's Siding and Window was very nice and very professional. I just decided not to replace my sidings. He was prompt, he came when he said he would.

Description of Work
They gave me a quote for siding.

Category siding

08/24/2012

Caroline R.

Outstanding. I had put off replacing the windows for years and wouldn't you know now I was selling. They look fanstastic and were carefully installed like ti was their own home. Could not have asked for better and in fact have another home I cannot wait to have down and enjoy these beautiful windows that are maintenance free and easy to clean and so professional installed will call soon as possible.

Description of Work
whole house windows replaced

07/27/2012

Susan L.

They were trustworthy. They explained what they were doing. They were very quick and very efficient to do the job. The price was reasonable because we were quoted almost twice their price. I was pleased with them and I didn't think that the price was expensive. I don't remember anything bad. They were professional.

Description of Work
Gwinns Siding & Window Co installed siding and windows for me. They put a layer of plywood underneath the siding.

07/19/2012

Richard B.

I was willing to work with Bryan on a range of dates rather than insisting on a particular date. Byran communicated with me regularly to keep me appraised of his crew availablility. There were a few unexpected complications, as there always will be in any project. Bryan corrected them and made everything right within an accepatable timeframe. Overall, I was very satisfied with Gwinn, and I plan to use them again to complete my window replacement, and siding work.

Description of Work
I had 2/3 of the windows replaced in my home. Also, I had cosmetic siding work done to the front of my home.

06/12/2012

Connie G.

Once we talked with Bryan Murray from Gwinn's Siding and Windows, he brought a contractor out to talk over ideas for remodeling the porch. We agreed on a price for the project, and Bryan sent a crew to replace our old windows and replace rotten wood before installing new siding on all wood surfaces of our home. They also replaced our gutters. He then had the contractor begin to tear off our existing porch roof and begin the transformation from an unsightly porch to one more beautiful than we ever imagined. All the work was done professionally and in a timely fashion. We are very pleased.

Description of Work
We contacted Gwinn Siding and Windows for estimates on new windows, siding for house, gutters, and a complete remodeling of a very large porch on the rear of our home. We worked with Bryan Murray on the entire project, and we had total confidence in him and Gwinn's from the very beginning. We were very pleased with the price and just can't believe how beautiful our new porch is. All the work is very professional, as were all who worked on the project. We would definitely want to use Gwinn's on future projects we might have.

Category remodeling

05/31/2012

Cheryl W.

I was so impressed I can't even put it in to words. They did a beautiful job. I expected a good job but they went over the top. They finished on time. They were on time every morning. They were actually early on the day of the window install. If you are doing windows and siding these guys are the best. You can't go wrong using them. I thought lost my faith in contractors until I met this company. They left nothing behind. Very very clean. **UPDATED 6/11/2013** Almost a year later I am now having major issues with my windows and I cannot get this company to respsond. I have gaps where they took a shortcut with the insulation and when the wind blows the whole thing creaks. I have stink bugs getting in through the windows and where they put the siding on the building, I never had this issue before this project. I have waited for them to show up since March when he made an appointment and didn't bother to show up or call to let me know that he wouldn't be here. Twice before when I spoke to Brian he laughed at me the first time I told him what my issues with the windows were and the second time he yelled at me and told me he didn't have time to deal with this. I am so frustrated with the way they haven't dealt with the problems I am having with this installation especially after I wrote such a positive review for them in the beginning.

Description of Work
Installed new windows. Corrected mistakes from a previous company on the siding.

04/25/2012

Heiner G.

Service was not performed because no one showed up to provide an estimate.

Description of Work
I called this supplier on April 13th and informed them that I would like to have a quote to replace my two fixed glass windows. Because one of them had lost its seal.I provided the person that answered the phone with all the information that was requested. I never heard back from them, since that phone call.Disappointing. Soooo sad!!!

Category replacement windows

This was an over sight and I am very sorry to have disappointed you.

04/01/2012

jennifer K.

It went great. The job went very smoothly and I could not be more pleased.

Description of Work
I had some rotten wood on my doors and around my windows. I called Gwinn's Siding and Windows as I had seen several reviews on this site. They quoted me on a front door, a back door and replacing some rotting wood around some of my windows. They showed up the day they said they would and finished the work in one day. They cleaned up the job debri and left my yard the way they found it. Brian Murray was the salesman and handled everything very professionally. I would highly recommend this company to anyone that has any home improvement needs. Gwinns also offers a lot of services, from Sunrooms, Siding, Decks, room additions and bath room and kitchen remodels. Mr. Murray showed me pictures of several jobs and gave me referrals to call.

Category remodeling, replacement windows, doors

DMM Squared Construction

Since 2009, we have been specializing in custom decks, porches, and installing handrails on existing decks and/porches! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -- or-- click to schedule a free estimate today!

CRUZ MASONRY & SERVICES LLC

New construction Additions Repairs Brick, block, stone, pavers tile Concrete & concrete pumping Footings, grading Porches, screen porches fencing Painting, roofing, siding gutters Plumbing sheetrock Tree cutting, tree removal tree haul off Dump trailers Bob cat and mini excavator BY NOW, I HOPE YOU HAD A CHANCE TO REVIEW THIS QUOTE. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN OUR COMPANY, IF YOU NEED ANY FURTHER INFORMATION IN ORDER TO REACH YOUR DECISION, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO LET US KNOW, WE WILL BE GLAD TO ASSIST YOU IN ANY WAY WE CAN. WE ALSO THINK YOU WILL FIND OUR PRICES VERY COMPETITIVE AND OUR ENTHUSIASM IS UNSURPASSED; WE ARE COMMITTED TO HELPING YOUR

Aldridge Roofing & Restoration

31 Boland Ct., Suite 163, Greenville, SC 29615 Aldridge Roofing & Restoration specializes in residential and multi-family roofing. We also offer hands on insurance restoration services that can take you from filing a claim, insurance adjustment, to a quality restoration project. Give us a call today to get a FREE estimate.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available

Vinyl Boxing, Remodeling General, Bathroom, Kitchen And Sunrooms, Windows, Siding, Patio Covers, Awnings, Roofing, Aluminum, Fiberglass & Vinyl Porch Posts, Vinyl & Wood Decks, Room Additions, Decks, Doors, Seamless Gutters & Gutter Guard.