We are following all CDC Guidelines dealing with COVID-19

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We accept remote payment

Basements.com

2323 Race St

Philadelphia, PA 19103

*5% OFF ANY Basement Waterproofing or Foundation Repair Job* *0% APR Financing For Qualified Applicants* Specializing in custom solutions for all types of basement waterproofing, exterior drainage, mold remediation, crawl space encapsulation, moisture and humidity control, radon systems, concrete
Waterproofing & Radiant Insulation project
Waterproofing & Radiant Insulation

basement waterproofing

202019074

08/22/2022

Cory T.

I canceled the apt before they even arrived. The woman I set the apt with requested more information about my husband than about myself. She tried really hard to a schedule a time when my husband would be home, after I repeatedly told her he didn't need to be present for an estimate. I became frustrated and said that I was capable of handing this and did not need my husband there when their estimator came. She begrudgingly scheduled an apt with only me. The day before the Apt she sent a text confirming the apt to my husband and I , so I canceled. If their scheduler can't respect the (female) homeowner, there is little trust as to how the rest of the experience will go.

Description of Work
Requested a quote

Category remodeling

Jessica [Member Name Removed], We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience we caused you. It is never our intent to upset a homeowner as we try our best to accommodate all before and at the time of the initial visit. We would be happy to meet with one or all homeowners whether it be female or male. Thank you for bringing this to our attention...our appointment confirmations are generated from an automated template in our software...we have never had this situation happen prior and now that we are aware we will update how we respond to homeowners. It was never our intention to upset or inconvenience you in any way. We will make all the necessary corrections in our system to insure homeowners are satisfied Thank You, Basements.com

08/21/2022

Vincenzo A.

Everything went great!. Larry walked us through the process from the initial visit through the estimate and through the work being done. He was there the first day the work started to go over any last minute questions and to make sure the crew knew exactly what to do. He called throughout the work being done to ensure everything was going according to plan. And they don't take final payment until they inspect the work was done at an exceptional level. We recommend them for any basement work.

Description of Work
We had to waterproof our basement in Philly

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

03/25/2022

Heather T.

Did not abide by contract terms. Larry Nusbaum, CEO stopped responding to us. We are out thousands of dollars. Ironically they have a new address now. Do not use this company.

Description of Work
Radon mitigation

Category radon testing

We apologize for the confusion on the installation of a radon mitigation system. We recently sent you an email on our willingness to re-inspect the radon system. As discussed previously, there are some safety concerns we will need you to address before we come back to ensure the radon system can be effective. Please do not hesitate to call us at 833 477 1300

02/10/2022

Ken J.

Very appreciative of the work that was done, especially in the midst of a bad snowstorm. The Water Management System itself is holding up well. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Water Management System and Mold Remediation

Category water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, mold removal

01/14/2022

Teri R.

We had an old sump system that was about 17 years old, and was allowing mold to run rampant around our basement. Basements.com not only gave me the best estimate, but they were by far the most knowledgeable about waterproofing and repairing the drainage issues. When they arrived they did a superb job replacing the old system and installing a new, far superior system. They also made sure that the system was closed, so no moisture or radon could leak up from the floors. I was extremely pleased with their level of service and the quality of the product. I highly recommend their service!

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing and Leak Repair

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, drain pipe

01/05/2022

Nate P.

Lars and his crew were on top of things and incredibly proficient in what was asked. Not only did the get in quick to take a look but were very efficient to get a crew in just before Christmas. I couldn't believe have hard they worked to get things done fast and well.

Description of Work
Structural work - cross beam damage

Category foundation repair

12/16/2021

Lisandro M.

Basement.com was amazing! I am 100% in love with my basement! Thanks guys would recommend to everyone

Description of Work
Waterproofing, rough casting and dig out

11/28/2021

Hanna D.

We had an amazing experience with basements.com. They came out gave us a free estimate and gave us a proposal the next day. Once we made the decision they came in and finished the job in a day and half. They are so professional, responsive and communicated every step they were doing. I will definitely recommend them and will be using them for future projects.

Description of Work
Basement draining problem

Category insulation, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing

11/23/2021

Julianna P.

Larry and his team were efficient, thorough and helpful throughout the process. We noticed water in our basement after large amounts of rain. From the time we first contacted the basements.com team for a drain and pump, to the completion of the project, was under three weeks. Their pricing is fair and worth the cost to remediate water problems quickly.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing and installation of a drain

Category basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

11/18/2021

Wayne W.

My vacation home is a 2.5-hour drive from my primary home. The foundation at the back of the vacation home was beginning to settle and a couple of cinder blocks had shifted. I took a day off to meet with Mike, who recommended that I have his crew install carbon fiber strips to stabilize the wall and prevent any more blocks from shifting. I inquired about having the crawl space encapsulated also to reduce moisture problems, eliminate a musty odor in the house, and to improve temperature regulation. The cost was quite reasonable and the entire project was completed in two days while I was back home. Despite not being on site, I was kept informed of their progress each day. When I returned a few days later, the work areas were tidy, the external foundation showed no signs of stress, and the interior walls and floor of the crawl space were lined with a thick vapor barrier. Basements.com had done an awesome job, at an affordable price, in a short amount of time, and with no disruption to my own work schedule. If your basement is giving you grief, I recommend Basements.com to bring you relief!

Description of Work
Reinforce and parge foundation; Encapsulate crawl space

Category insulation, foundation repair

11/17/2021

Eric W.

After finding water in my sump pump-less basement after a couple of heavy rains this summer/fall, I was in need of a waterpoofing system installation. I found lots of positive online reviews for basements.com, so ended up choosing them. The owner Larry was awesome and walked me through what these systems entail, which was crucial for someone like me who had no knowledge on the subject. The pricing was very fair. The installation crew worked extremely efficiently, and the system was installed in just 1 day. Larry came through that weekend and gave the system a final check himself, and even patched up holes in my internal foundation free of charge. Overall, it was a smooth and painless experience for what seemed to me to be a major job. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing system installed, sump pump installed, backyard patio drainage installed

10/19/2021

Tracy P.

My Philly row house is over 100 years old and the basement walls were badly deteriorating. Any strong rain would cause a considerable amount of water to enter the basement through the worn walls. I found Basements.com after doing a google search for waterproofing companies in my area. I decided to go with them after talking with the owner, Larry, and reading the reviews. They were flexible with scheduling the job and completed it in 7 days. The workers were professional, efficient, and quite personable. The basement walls are now totally solid with an internal drainage system and sump pump. I have to admit, I did not know much about how waterproofing is done from inside the home, I assumed it was mostly done from outside. But after some self education and Larry explaining the system to me in detail, I am confident that my basement water problems are a thing of the past. I would recommend Basements.com to anyone looking to waterproof their basements. They did a great job for me.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair

10/11/2021

Dylan L.

Would highly recommend Lars and his team at Basements.com. The team removed mold and installed a waterproofing system in our basement giving us additional space to use in our home. They were responsive throughout the process, the work was completed as communicated, and they met our timeline without any issues.

Description of Work
Mold removal and basement waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing, mold removal

09/30/2021

David T.

The overall project took longer than expected and we encountered some barriers along the way however, Basements.com delivered a quality product in the end, were always responsive to our concerns and provided some additional services outside of the contract.

Description of Work
Mold removal and remediation, installation of pump system and radiant vapor wall barrier.

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal

09/29/2021

D G.

The team was professional, efficient, and skilled. They correctly identified the problem, implemented a solution that was thoughtful and effective, and performed the job impressively. I would gladly recommend them and will call them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Waterproofing

Category insulation, basement waterproofing

09/21/2021

Kristie K.

The Basements.com team was professional through the entire process. They took the time to listen to our concerns, answer all questions in detail, schedule around our schedule, and left the job site clean. There was also regular check-ins on the site crew and we were kept informed of status. I’d use them again if ever needed.

Description of Work
French drain installation

Category drain pipe

09/10/2021

John M.

It went well. Work was started within a short time and finished within estimate given. Crew had to return the next week to install washing machine drainage after concrete cured. All material was removed from the site at the end of the job.

Description of Work
Foundation repair and installation of drainage system and sump in basement

08/31/2021

Deborah B.

Everyone was professional and I was more than satisfied with the installation. After installation we had several days of heavy rain and my basement did not get any water.

Description of Work
Sump pump installed

Category insulation, basement waterproofing

07/01/2021

Linda W.

The service provided by Basements.com was outstanding. I live in California, and the property is in Philadelphia. Coordinating the work was a little tricky because of the time difference and working with my tenant. Larry, the owner, was absolutely great about keeping me in the loop about what was happening and what the next steps were. He called often, and made himself available to answer questions at all hours. He also sent many photos to help me understand what was needed. Also he went the extra mile and took care of some structural repairs that, if not attended to, would have caused the front of the house to sag, and affect the structural integrity of the whole house. I should also mention that I had contacted him a year ago to do repairs, and didn't act on it then. He was very gracious about coming back to do a new assessment, and give advice about the new/deteriorating condition of the basement. I never felt judged for putting off the work when it was first recommended. Later, walls needed to be replaced and he offered to have his team do that, and also finish up by painting everything so it looks brand new. This streamlined the whole process, so I didn't have to find a contractor. My tenant was very appreciative of them doing their best to have as little impact as possible on her lifestyle. So - superior work, excellent communication, thoughtful attention to detail, and, for me, peace of mind knowing the house is structurally sound and there will be no more issues with water coming in. Money well spent!

Description of Work
waterproofing for the basement in a rental property

Category insulation, water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

05/24/2021

Allyn R.

Basements delivered...wow! I have a 91 year old elderly father with a heart condition, and had to displace him into a hotel, so that the Basements.com team could remove and remediate my mold and set up our kitchen for a remodel. After 21 years of neglect and rotted out kitchen tiles and closets, this team led by manager Gary came in and performed the impossible. They not only removed the mold in two days, but restored the apartment into a livable condition for my father, and reset all our appliances while preparing for our remodel. Further, I have to deal with both a difficult co-op and insurance company, along with my brothers who are charged with his care. Gary even built a safe runway for my father and his hands on approach gave me comfort even when we hit a few hurdles. I am excited for the next phase!

Description of Work
Miracle mold removal and hiring them for the kitchen remodel

Category water damage restoration, home remodeling, mold removal

04/30/2021

debra G.

Excellent. They are the best. Very clean workers. No mess to clean up after job was done.

Description of Work
basement waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing

04/27/2021

ed K.

Totally impressed with everyone that I dealt with at Basements.Com. From Amber, to their President Larry. I was all over the Poconos, getting estimates, for waterproofing, "french drain". No way could I have afforded their prices. Totally too high. Money is tight right now, but I needed help as soon as possible with my crawlspace. Contacted Basements.com. Mark came to the house, gave me an estimate. Dug ditch around foundation inside the house, run pipe, cover with stone, seal over, put in new sump pump and encapsulate entire crawlspace. Basements.com was I kid you not. $12,000 less than the other companies. Mark helped getting financed. And work started within a week. Basements, sent 2 person crew. The entire job done in less then 4 day's !!!. OH...forgot they did major repair work on the concrete walls in crawlspace too. Impressed with their work. They were there 10 - 12 hrs. a day. Work no play. Left property spotless too. Larry, the president of Basements.com, came personally to my house for the final inspection. The man is a total gentleman, he listens, and knows the business. I would recommend them to anyone, who needs waterproofing. They do not try to pressure sale . They will work with you. Oh...and they do return calls. At least call for an estimate. It can't hurt.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Category basement waterproofing

04/12/2021

Ruben S.

Went great. Company was on time. Tech was knowledgeable. Would recommended.

Description of Work
Radon Exhaust Fan

Category insulation, radon testing

04/03/2021

Ben W.

Bottom Line Up Front: Basements.com is unsafe, incompetent, and untrustworthy. I've uploaded a few photos from my recent experience having a drain system and concrete floor installed in my home. They tell much of the story. Here are some of the quick highlights: - The owner left me a voicemail that the job would take 3 to 4 days from a Wednesday to a Saturday, "soup to nuts." The job ended up taking more than 5 work days over a 9 day span. One reason why is because the job failed its first inspection because of a code deficiency. - When I first raised the issues with the job, Basements.com said on Tuesday, March 9 they would fix all of the issues by Wednesday, March 17. Then on Wednesday, March 10, Basements.com said they would in fact not fix any of the damage (some of which is shown in the photos) and would file an insurance claim. When I said this was unacceptable, they offered to reduce the cost of the project by about 14% but only if I released them from any claims of damage and signed a nondisclosure agreement. Please let my experience help you and your family make a better decision than going with this company.

Description of Work
Drain system and concrete floor

Category water damage restoration, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, foundation repair

03/31/2021

Doug S.

My wife and I recently purchased a home that was older but beautiful. Unknown to us at the time, the owners did not disclose major flooding. We discovered this three months into owning the home, and further discovered that the flooding had been ongoing for years. We had a serious mold issue in the basement requiring mold mitigation and waterproofing. We looked at many vendors, but decided to go with Basements.com. Josh, the sales representative was impressive. He came to our home and spent considerable time with us. Josh assisted in finding the right financing situation for us so that we could afford such a large project. The office manager Amber was very prompt to contact us to set up the date for mold mitigation and water proofing. Nineteenth-century Prussian military commander Helmuth van Moltke said, "No plan survives first contact". I have tried to remember this as a general rule in anything that one enters into. This was the case when it came time to start the project. The crew and foreman that came to our home on the first day were not on the same page as me, or the work order. I contacted Josh and Amber regarding my concerns. The CEO Larry called me immediately to listen to my concerns. Instead of settling into a defensive posture, Larry had a mold expert and primary project manager Gary call me immediately. Gary listened and agreed with my concerns. He was out at my home the next day to ensure that mold mitigation was completed as per the work order and standard mold mitigation guidelines. Gary also kept me in the loop about high level corrections made to ensure that this never happened again in their organization. This is where I find that Basements.com is set apart from any other organization that I have worked with. Gary and the Sales Director Mike were so concerned that the job was completed correctly that they paid for the mold testing service I used initially to come out and retest the air quality. Unfortunately, there was still mold in the basement. Gary and Mike then arranged for another crew to come out and perform mold mitigation again (at no cost to me). They also asked if I was completely satisfied with the job done. There were several small things (several outlet pipes needed to be redirected; toilet and vanity reconnected ect.), but I thought they were too small to ask them to take care of. Gary came out personally and took care of all of it. The basement is clean and I am now in a position to move forward with having the basement restored to a functional finished basement. No organization is perfect and no plan survives first contact. It is what happens after first contact that sets an organization apart. Basements.com has INTEGRITY. Unfortunately, that is not a word I normally can comfortably associate with businesses in our 21 century culture. I can in all honesty say this about basements.com and highly recommend them to anyone. I would hire them again in a heartbeat. Thank you Josh, Amber, Larry, Gary and Mike. Doug Smith Ephrata Pa.

Description of Work
Major mold mitigation and Water proofing

Category insulation, basement waterproofing, mold removal

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Your review was very insightful. It is greatly appreciated. What we like to tell future customers....what makes the difference from one contractor to the next is how well they respond when there is a problem or their system needs service. Thank you again.

AJ Waterproofing

We are a family run waterproofing specialist company, owned and operated, since 1976 by A.J. DiElsi. We have one crew, one truck and start and finish one job at a time. We are completely insured with general liability and workman's compensation. There is no charge for estimates and we take no deposits on any job. You pay us upon completion of the job. We do not have salesmen. A.J. is the gentleman that comes out to deliver each estimate and he is on each job. We excel in impeccable workmanship, and the jobs are always left cleaner than when we arrived. We give a lifetime guarantee on our French Drains and it is transferable to each new homeowner. Please feel free to call with any questions 610-527-9444 or 610-409-0888, Additional phones: 610-960-1589. Or feel free to email us at : ajwaterproofing@verizon.net, you can also check us out on YouTube and our website, ajwaterproofing.com.

Artistic Masonry Co

Trust your next masonry project to the professionals. Not only do we offer you an insured and licensed specialist to lay out your project, we also provide you with exclusive warranties on our products and services. Ask your masonry expert during your estimate about what warranties we can offer you. With over 24 years of experience in masonry, Artistic Masonry Company is the premiere authority on all stone and brickwork in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas. No travel charges. No service fees. Award winning. Additional DBA - Artistic Masonry Company.

Offers by Artistic Masonry Co on Angi
    Basement Gurus

We have over 30 years of combined experience. We are family owned and operated and certified. We aim to please we want 100% guaranteed satisfaction.

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
    Eco FriendlyEco Friendly
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available, Check

Basement Waterproofing, Exterior Drainage, Mold Remediation, Crawlspace Encapsulation, Moisture & Humidity Control, Radon Detection & Systems, Concrete Repair, Structural Repair, Crack Injection, Sump Pump Installation & More!

Just ask!