Basement Gurus

Delaware: General

431 Rhawn St

Philadelphia, PA 19111

www.basementwaterproofinggurus.com
We are taking additional precautions to protect our customers.

basement waterproofing202019805
Removed Customer's Moldy Drywall Safely, Installed Waterproofing System, Reinstall new drywall for customer at no charge.

We have over 30 years of combined experience. We are family owned and operated and certified. We aim to please we want 100% guaranteed satisfaction....
Wilmington Lateral System  project

basement waterproofing

202019805
Egress Window Install project
Egress Window Install

basement waterproofing

basement waterproofing (23)basement remodeling (3)drain cleaning (2)decks & porches (2)

05/30/2022

Will M.

You have found the right place if you're looking for a sincere, trustworthy, and top-tier quality establishment! From the start, the initial scheduling phone call to Basement Gurus was delightful; the receptionist was very polite & friendly. On appointment day, Dan (the owner) was also pleasant. He was on time, easy to talk to, listened to all my concerns with water management around my property with outstanding attentiveness, and thoroughly devised a well-thought-out plan to address all of my problems. Dan didn't try to upsell me or undercut issues to get a sale. He only recommended what I needed for that moment & for the future to mitigate any further water problems. During the assessment, I couldn't help but get overwhelmed by the amount of work he started suggesting (while also getting that queasy homeowner feeling that I might have to spend a fortune on this), but his estimate surprised me. It was so reasonable for the amount of work needed that I had no difficulties going for it! What made it even better was that Dan could get me on the calendar for a rapid project start date. The team that conducted all the physical labor was respectful, polite, considerate of my home, and some of the hardest workers I had ever met. Even after a long day of back-breaking toil, they still made time to walk me around the work sites to see if it was up to my expectation. Dan would even periodically stop by to ensure the progress was up to his satisfaction, which reassured me throughout the entire process. I took even more solace knowing that Dan backs his company's work-up. He made it very clear that I let him know even after job completion if something was not to my liking. He takes tremendous pride in the longevity & quality of the work, which I respect a lot. Massive shoutouts to Dan, Zeus, Zeus's brother, Frank, the rest of the labor crew, and the office admin team. No need to look at any other companies. Basement Gurus is it! ☝🏼👍🏼

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 05/23/2022

02/24/2022

Gary M.

I live in a house that is over 100 years old with a stone foundation that also forms the basement walls. The old mortar between the stones had deteriorated over the years to the point that water would seep in in multiple places along the perimeter of the basement wall. This seepage basically occurred after every rain, and I always needed to move objects stored in the basement away from the perimeter for fear that they would be water damaged. I actually wasn’t very confident that the seepage problem could be fixed, but I finally decided to contact several basement contractors to determine if there was anyway to waterproof the basement. I ultimately decided to hire Basement Gurus because Mike (initial company contact) sold me on the idea and that their workers were the best in the business. Well, it’s been seven weeks since the basement work was completed, and even though we’ve had a couple of nor’easters with heavy rain blow through the area, the basement has been bone dry; the basement work has been a resounding success! I take my hat off to all the good folks at Basement Gurus, in particular Mark, Dylan, Lenny and the other members of the team that worked hard to waterproof my basement. In sum, I would highly recommend to other homeowners who may be experiencing similar basemen water seepage problems to consider Basement Gurus as their “go-to” company.

Description of Work
Basement waterproofing

Category decks,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 01/04/2022

09/09/2021

Jacob F.

My experience working with Basement Gurus, especially Phil Thistle, was fantastic. Phil and the crew were very thoughtful and responsive from the moment I called basement gurus until the moment my installation in my basement was complete. I greatly appreciated how dedicated Phil was in answering my questions and checking in with me regularly about my concerns and how the job was going throughout the entire process. Would definitely recommend basement gurus for your waterproofing needs!

Description of Work
Full waterproofing installation in basement

Work Completed On 09/02/2021

08/28/2021

Malika S.

Basement Gurus is the best for your basement and waterproofing needs. Daniel Kelly, the owner is very personable and made me feel comfortable every step of the way. The process was seamless and quick. I had water damage in my garage that was running into my basement, and Dan himself came out and did an assessment and came up with a rock solid solution to fix my issue. I am also a military service member and have been for over 20 years and this company is definitely pro-military and also supportive of all other first responders. They stand by there work by offering a lifetime warranty. I would definitely recommend Basement Gurus to my friends and family as they are a five star company.

Description of Work
Exterior Waterproofing

Work Completed On 08/29/2021

06/22/2021

Jamie P.

Great! We are very happy with Phil Thistle and his team at Basement Gurus. They were very professional and efficient. Our basement, which had been flooding with every heavy rain, is now bone dry! Their price was very competitive and it was a pleasure to work with their company. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Installed a french drain

Work Completed On 05/21/2021

06/08/2021

harry S.

Requested quote on putting in concrete porch. Received a quote and they started the work the very next day! The Forman was very detailed, in the work the workers were doing. They did an excellent job! What really impressed me too, a young lady in front of the house had a flat tire, the Forman stopped his work, and asked her if he could assist her. You don’t see that often now days Would recommend Basement Gurus for sure!!

Description of Work
Install concrete porch

Category decks,basement waterproofing

Work Completed On 06/08/2021

06/04/2021

Rommel R.

I decided to work with this company because out of the 4 companies I asked, this one was the only one which told me something about my basement that the others didn't notice. Also they helped me financed the rest of the money and their work is warranty for life. I went down there to see the job after two storms and there's no water leakage or infiltration from the walls.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 06/04/2021

05/30/2021

Afif H.

Excellent! Professional, punctual, hard-working team and Dan the owner was readily accessible for any questions I had during the whole process. I’ll be going to them in the future if I ever need more work done.

Description of Work
Waterproof basement

Work Completed On 05/29/2021

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback! You were a pleasure to work with and we appreciate your business!

05/26/2021

Greg M.

I used Basement Guru's for a multi-project situation at my house in spring 2021. Dan was super professional and courteous and very helpful - as was his team that showed up to do the actual work. One major thing I liked is that they were able to accomplish a bunch of products for me. It was easy to find one company to do a french drain - and another to do a new window well - but - in addition to that - I had three other projects - for a total of 5 to get completed at once! Basement Guru's was able to fix ALL of these issues for me! Getting water in my finished basement was horrible for me and my family - in a room we use daily. Dan and his team made the process to get it fixed as easy as possible and with great communication and concern for my well being and my families well being. I literally had 10 companies come and give me quotes and their opinions. 3 of them tried to sell me on something that was obviously NOT needed. Then, an additional 2 were terrible communicators - I had to chase after them to just get a quote! The rest - couldn't do ALL of the work - just some of the work. I am attaching pics of two of the 5 projects - which were the main things I needed done - a french drain in my unfinished basement (the water getting into my unfinished basement was causing a leak in two spots in my finished basement) - and then a new window well - which was causing a leak in another part of my finished basement. Before posting this - I was reading some of the other reviews Basement Gurus received. Like anything else - perception is certainly everything. I am the kind of person that does a ton of research and gets a bunch of quotes. Customer service is very important to me. Certainly, there is absolutely no way a company can please everybody - and have every job go 100% well - its just not possible. Was I completely 100% satisfied with everything this company did for me? Of course not. However, I will say this - Dan and his team went out of their way to make things right and to make me happy. Do i recommend them? YES !! But, even more important........Would I hire them again??? - absolutely!

Description of Work
window well, french drain, water removal

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

Review for Basement Gurus  - 431 Rhawn St, Philadelphia, PA - 39346005

Thank you so much for the review! We are so happy we could help you and if you need anything in the future, please let us know!

04/26/2021

Brad M.

After dealing with water issues in our basement for years, we finally found someone to help remedy our issue. The Basement Gurus saved the day.

Description of Work
Basement Waterproofing

Work Completed On 02/24/2021

Thank you, [Member Name Removed]! We are so happy to have helped you out with the water issues! We strive to make sure you get that peace of mind after we have completed. We appreciate your business!

Basement waterproofing, remediation, finishing, sump pumps, sump wells, egress windows, french drains, exterior waterproofing, interior waterproofing, crawlspace encapsulation

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal, Financing