Building a new home can be a money suck. But if you’re on a budget, you can still build your dream home with these tips to save money when building a house.
Get matched with top home builders in Ickesburg, PA
There are 3 highly-rated local home builders.
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Ickesburg
- ALTAMONT ROOFING & CONTRACTINGConsidering we ran into a pandemic and work stoppage along with supply chain issues - they did a great job! They were clear about scheduling, were conscience about their work and clean up. Dealt with the 'mess' of a prior attempt and turned my deck into a place I will enjoy for years to come - along with new siding, windows and lighting. They did a rubber roof replacement in the past for me that was managed around heavy rain and needed to be done quickly, they didn't let me down with this larger project either. I would definitely hire them again
- Kirsch Construction CoKirsch Construction did excellent work. Replaced wood deck with Trex composite material and white vinyl rail. From demo to completion, the work was done in 9 days that included some delays due to rain. New deck looks great. We plan to have Kirsch Construction work on other home improvement projects around the house. Pictures show what the deck looked like, the rebuild, and the final deck
- Randy Morrison ConstructionVery happy with Randy's work he did an amazing job putting a metal roof on our rental property and fixing a few damaged areas as well. Things went well from start to finish Randy always made sure we were happy with the work that was being done. We had a bad experience with another contractor in the area, wish we would have found him sooner. Highly recommended!
- WHL CONSTRUCTIONGreat work by the WHL team in installing two decks, and outdoor lighting in just three days! They have excellent reviews online which is why I reached out and they were very responsive, communicated throughout, gave accurate quotes and actually did what they said they would do- what more could you ask for?! I really like that the are a "family" run business, the owner is hands-on and it shows that they are truly professionals-THANK YO
- Justin SchollHe has been our blessing in disguise. I want to say he is honest, fair, and fun to work with. He gives you a fair quote and its very accurate. He is also punctual and works hard. He is currently fixing a rotted back end and leak of our camper, but he can fix anything. If you need work done call him
- Randy Morrison ConstructionVery happy with randys work his guys worked in the coldest weather and payed attention to detail. After having two previous bad experiences with contractors it was nice to finally find a good one that knows what he is doing and actually cares if you are happy with the work. Will definitely hire again for whatever remodeling I may need in the future
- Kirsch Construction CoBefore hiring Kirsch construction, my husband didn't trust anyone's work but our own. However, we have found this outfit to be prompt and good at what they do. They are worth every penny because of the excellent quality. We have had them add on rooms, tile a custom shower and floors, install siding, lay flooring, install cabinets and sheetrock. They even did the plumbing for the bath. We fully intend to have them back once the weather breaks. I have found them to be good problem solvers. Every house has its own unique areas and these guys have been able to handle all of ours. I highly recommend them for most any job and especially for kitchen and baths
- Earl Weaver Contractors LLCNo Pony tails, earrings, or tattoos with loud music will show up at your job site when you hire these men, only knowledgeable well dressed professionals of utmost honesty and integrity. You will be able to sleep well at night knowing you will have the job done right. You don't have to worry about giving these guys the keys to build your home. They have done numerous large projects for me both residential and commercial. G. Ebert, Schuylkill Co
- Kauffman Metals IncThis is an opportunity to highlight Kauffman Steels efforts during previous construction efforts of our home, completed roughly a year ago now. The project was proposed based on previous work done by Kauffman’s steel, they erected a storage barn for me several years earlier. Because of the quality of that effort we talked about doing a home several years later. Their work is of the highest quality and their crews are all very professional. There were no shortcuts or compromises during construction. Every effort was made to insure everything was completed right the first time around. If there were changes needed during the process, they were handled as if the crew were working on their own home. Things were done right. They have lots of work and if you would like to get on their schedule, start working with them sooner than later. Without any reservations I highly recommend the team at Kauffman Steel for any such project you might consider. Key descriptors I can use to reference my efforts with Kauffman’s Steel include Honesty, Integrity, Attention to detail, Flexibility, Sincerity and Quality
- George Dolak General ConstructionI needed it done at a certain amount of time, and he showed up and got it done. I am really happy. He really got it together.
House Builders in Ickesburg
- Business Description:We are a general contractor who specializes in storm restoration. From roofs, siding, windows and gutters. Interior repairs as well as water mitigation and restoration. When you call Olde Glory Contractors you are calling specialists who deal with insurance companies on a regular basis. Our main goal at Olde Glory Contractors is to use our company's knowledge and friendly staff to assist our customers by providing excellent service and superior productsRecent Review:Great people to have work for ya.michael and robin were awesome.. Very good team they have , great service provided. Would highy recomend. Thks so much for a great team. A+++++ to all involvedRobert B.
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:Gary J Miller PE CEng is a Professional (Structural) Engineer with more than 28 years of experience in the design, inspection and analysis of simple to complex structures. He services the Highway and Bridge Transportation sectors as well as the Industrial, Commercial and Residential segmentsRecent Review:Called this man, he was rude and arrogant. I explained that I had no knowledge of I-beams and such and wanted to build a deck on my home. He emailed me his email address, I responded with what I thought he wanted in regards to a drawing of the project(I'm not an architect either). I waited for a reply and found it in my JUNK folder(in retrospect, I probably should have left it there). His ONLY REPLY was this "you didnt give me what i wanted....no house extraneous info to clutter everything up!!!! im walking away from this Gary J Miller PE CEng Gary J Miller Structural Engineering Services President (01) 412-505-3235 garyjmiller.com" If thats how you reply to a client nowadays... NOT RECOMMENDEDChucky C.
- Business Description:Trusted, Bonded and Insured, Erie Construction has grown to become one of the nation's largest home remodeling companies. We offer best-in-class products aimed at improving the value of your home while saving money on your home energy bills. We've been truly dedicated to the products we offer, and we're happy to back them up with warranty's to match. Since opening our first location in 1975, Erie Construction has serviced over 100,000 customers, with over 50,000 returning to us for additional..Recent Review:Equipment left lying around. 2 -guys putting on roof were not always supervised - did not repair problem just bandaid. Was not told not removing all shingles but put on over prev shingles. Overpaid for amount work done. 2yrs later still picking up roofing nails in yard. Left box of nails in driveway dumped in gravel thank goodness found before drove overKaren B.
- Business Description:NVR, Inc. operates in two business segments: homebuilding and mortgage banking. The homebuilding unit sells and constructs homes under the Ryan Homes, NVHomes, Fox Ridge Homes and Heartland Homes. As a corporate entity, NVR, Inc. provides various support functions for each of its sub-entities. These include sales and marketing support, vital human resource specialists, and an advanced information technology department, which provide a network of resources utilized by NVR, Inc. holdingsRecent Review:The customer service is poor, and they lack follow through. Our garage door does not work properly and sounds like it's going to fall. In every inch of the sod, the grass is dead. I wish we had chosen a different builderChristian R.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Full Service General Contractor. Epic provides general construction services to both commerical and residential customers. We offer in house Design/Build services utilzing Soft Plan Architectural Software/BIM. Additional address - PO Box 191, Elysburg, PA 17824Recent Review:It’s been over a year since Epic construction and Rick Steele abandoned my project and I had to complete it on my own by paying extra to have it done. They came recommended by an architect I hired to do the design for finishing a basement. Even though he was referred by the architect, right before the project was to begin he suggested we let go of the architect because he would get in the way. The architect did repeat himself a lot and meetings were long because of him and rick Steele promised to “personally” oversee the project so I don’t need the architect to do it. So we let the architect go. He also told us we didn’t need permits as we were not doing any structural changes. I believe 100% we needed permits but this was another way for him to do things subpar and get away with it. The project was supposed to take 3 month. It was 6 months into project when they left uncompleted. They were doing the bathroom tile and the tiles were not flush and it looked like the work of a 2 yr old. They agreed to reorder tiles and finish but they never did. I had to purchase the tile again, pay someone to take down old tile and redo work. They did not put hand rail in going down the stairs, no foot rails at the bar. I used 2 different wallpapers for the basement and they flip flopped them on wrong area and they had to be stripped off and ordered agin. The one wallpaper was on back order so when they left the project, I had to order the paper myself and pay someone to put it up. The bathroom door handles were installed with the lock on outside. The mural was put up in gym wrinkled. I ordered pendent lighting from a company in California and they blew them out while installing and frayed the wires so bad, not repairable and I had to pay to ship them back to be told they are not fixable and get new pendants and I hired an electrician when the left to install them. They also got rid of an outlet and covered it with wall paper. They ordered the wrong ceiling tiles and tried to convince me it was the exact one that I was holding a sample for.I showed them that this looks nothing like the sample, they said it was because the sample is smaller scale. I turned over a ceiling tile and showed them the numbers don’t match with the sample. I had to go to a local store that had the ceiling tile displayed in their showroom, borrow it from them and show epic construction that we had the wrong tiles. They said those tiles are too deep and we don’t have enough space but they spent weeks arguing with me that the ones they placed were the ones I ordered. They are crooked. They hire very young workers and I’m not sure if they are part of a votech program. we were out of town for 10 days towards end of project when our HVAC guy informed us that the architect we let go 6 months previous came over and checked out the basement while we were gone. When we asked Rick about it, he said he told him he could go. I gave rick access to my home to finish the work while were gone and not to have people come by to check it out.This project was an absolute disappointment with absolutely no deadlines met and the job was not even finished. I paid for an architect, the HVAC portion of project, the granite and still paid him over $100k for a basement project. Complete scammer. This will catch up to him even though his wife is an attorneySarah L.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:For many years I was a sub-contractor for a siding installation company. Over the years I began acquiring small jobs from relationships built during that time. I recently decided to venture out on my own and launched Haldeman’s Construction. Free estimates, licensed, insured, Over 17 years experience. Member of these reputable organizations are Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce, Chambersburg Downtown Buy Local, Franklin County Landlord Association. Certifications & Licensing: Pennsylvania Atto..Recent Review:NOTHING happened, no one contacted us.gary b.
- Business Description:Nicholas Builders is a fully licensed and insured general contractor residing in Altoona, Pennsylvania. Nicholas Builders prides itself in offering all phases of residential construction. Our services include, but are not limited to kitchens, bathrooms, additions, new construction, and exterior finishes (decks, siding, soffit, fascia, windows, etc.) with our specialty being custom interior millwork
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
If you’re a fan of the Victorian era, a Queen Anne home may be perfect for you. Learn more about Queen Anne’s romantic, revival architecture and how to incorporate key pieces into your home for a regal and unique decor style.
Building a new home is thrilling for sure, but don’t let avoidable mistakes get in the way of hosting the perfect housewarming party. Learn about common mistakes owners make during the entire building process so you can look forward to move-in day.
Find home builders in
- Port Royal
- New Bloomfield
- Shermans Dale
- Atkinsons Mills
home builders in Ickesburg
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A.J. Eckley, General Contractor Inc.101 Orchard Ave
- AJ'S CONTRACTING249 S VINE ST
- American Dream Construction386 Adrian Sherret Road
- Angelo Gatto670 Russell Rd.
Cooperstown P.a, Pennsylvania
- Aortega General ContractingP.O. Box 192
Mahanoy City, Pennsylvania
- Artisan Contracting of West New York300 Catlin Ave
Port Allegany, Pennsylvania
- Auman Construction524 Ridge Rd
- A.J. Eckley, General Contractor Inc.
- B&B Services212 President Village Rd
- barry claycomb construction7363 king saint clair road
Alum Bank, Pennsylvania
- Benjamin's Construction, LLC220 North Main Street
- Brothers Home RepairPO BOX 204
- Brownawells Remodeling345 North Mountain Rd
- B&B Services
- C & C Home Improvement
- CELIK BROTHERS CONSTRUCTION1560 Amwell Rd.
Somerset, New Jersey
- Christian Architects950 N Charlotte St
- Clint Eakin Construction624 W. Front St Apt A
Oil City, Pennsylvania
- Collins Construction, Inc.3196 Shermans Valley Road
- Corey L. Seiler New Construction and Renovations328 Gentle Hills Ln
- COUNTRY LANE CONSTRUCTION LLC150 PINE KNOB RD
- C & C Home Improvement
- D&R Quality Builders IncPO Box 935
- DC General Service726 Walnut Bottom Road
- Dick Delaney Home Inspection275 Pioneer Rd
- Douglas Erdley Construction144 Breakneck Rd
FORD CITY, Pennsylvania
- Dynabilt TechnologiesPO Box 726
- D&R Quality Builders Inc
- Effective Technical Applications, Inc.10 Wayne Avenue
New Cumberland, Pennsylvania
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Epic Construction Services LLC654 Roadarmel Lane
- Erie Construction Midwest Inc4271 Monroe St
- Evans Construction Services902 First st
- Effective Technical Applications, Inc.
- H2Pro Restorations243 Mine Bank Rd
- Haldeman's Construction6250 Rock Hill Rd
- HARMONY SECURITY PRODUCTS INCPO Box 482
- Haubert Homes Inc.122 Carriage Ln.
- Home Towne Builders LLC719 Worthington St
- Horizon Custom CarpentryPO Box 532
New Bloomfield, Pennsylvania
- HORVATH HOME IMPROVEMENTS450 MOUNTAIN RD
- H2Pro Restorations
- M & R Remodeling140 Whites Creek Road
- M & R Remodeling
- RDY GUTTERS PLUS LLCPO Box 86
- RE Faller Co1600 old state rd
- rearicks contracting812 FRANKLIN AVE
- Robert Koppenhaver Builder and Contracting Co.20 School Rd
Spring Glen, Pennsylvania
- Rowlands Sales Company Inc101 Butler Drive
- RDY GUTTERS PLUS LLC
- S & C CONTRACTING INC15 E 14TH ST
- S and B Remodel6591 Route 120
- s&b construction & remodeling partnership517 22nd avenue
- SteelSTORED Shipping Containers55 Greens Farms Rd
- Stella Management SystemsPO Box 819
- Steven E Jaymes Contractor Inc1355 SPRINGVIEW DR
- Strafford Window Manufacturing, Inc.168 Roller Coaster Road
Strafford, New Hampshire
- Susquehanna Valley Restorationand Home Inspection1258 Grangers Rd
- S & C CONTRACTING INC
- Ventor LLCPO Box 188
Glen Campbell, Pennsylvania
- Ventor LLC
- W. R. Halteman Demolition46 Hickory Drive
- Wambold's Home Improvements176 Laurel Lake Road
- WARREN PETER CONSTRUCTION INC1882 ANTHONY RUN RD
- Westwind Homes & Development, INC.3329 County Line Road
- WilMarc Construction Inc68 Hilltop Ter
- Wyoming MultiService81 N. Wyoming st
- W. R. Halteman Demolition
- Youngs Construction8 Mount Rock Rd
- Youngs Construction