Adding a bathroom to your basement can be a difficult and costly process, but it can add convenience and boost your home value. Weigh the pros and cons of installing a bathroom in your finished basement.
Get matched with top basement remodeling contractors in Erie, PA
There are 13 highly-rated local basement remodeling contractors.
Recent Basement Remodeling Reviews in Erie
- Panko & Sons ConstructionThey did a great job. It is better than any other job I have had done. They were thorough, fast, knowledgeable, stayed late to finish up work, and cleaned up after themselves daily.
- B Davis Enterprises LLCThis was the 5th project he completed for us since July 2015 and the total of all that work was around $7,000. I have taken so long to write a review because I am still overwhelmed by Brent and his crews unbelievable hard work and professionalism and compassion. We agreed to contract a very large shed out to someone who came highly recommended by a friend in the middle of a busy season last summer, and it turned into a complete disaster. Since Brent had already completed a huge tree removal project in July, followed by concrete removal, dirt replacement and leveling and grading of the area along with dirt replacement and grass planting, plus a repair to a damaged basement wall and all the surrounding wood and interior sealing of that wall. We were absolutely thrilled by all the results, we trust Brent and his crew, who are terrific to work with, so we asked him to finish our botched shed project. I really didn't think he would help us out since he did not bid on it to begin with, but he not only completed the project but tore apart unsafe parts, re-enforced poorly done work, and brought the project up to code as much as was possible. The structure was actually previously unsafe and could have destroyed our belongings and or we could have been seriously injured in this structure. He fixed it, made it safe and then documented everything "on paper" and with pictures in the hope we could recoup at least part of the completion cost. Who does this? Only someone with the highest standards and a good heart. All the guys who worked in the middle of a snow storm and over the holidays, We are eternally grateful to you all. Best Christmas gift "EVER". We have thousands of dollars in future projects to be done. In the next phase of our home fix we are having a full gut of 2 back to back bathrooms that will hopefully be done late this year and I have already told Brent they were his jobs. This will be followed by the Kitchen, dining room and living room and floors throughout the entire house. In the next 5 years we will need a new roof and concrete driveway laid, plus a complete electrical upgrade. We will use Brent Davis Enterprises for all of this. I have already given his name to many people as I am asked on a regular basis who did the work on our house and shed? Brent is one in a million. I would tell anyone, with all the horrible contractors in our area, and believe me there are a lot, he is the best of the best. I don't now what other people are saying in their reviews, I did not find any of their negative comments to be my personal experience. I will add that Brent likes a 15% cushion on large projects, but I have found this practice really avoids the back end problem of running over budget when unplanned situations arise, and gutting an older home always has it's surprises. The smaller projects came in on budget, no surprises. Also 2015 was a terrible year for outside home projects that started 4 to 6 weeks late due to the unrelenting rain. The fact that Brent was able to accommodate the projects he promised to do with all the bad weather says a lot about his integrity. I do however have a suggestion, with the size of his growing business, perhaps a it's time to get a secretary. He works to hard. Thanks again for everything. Hope to see you this fall read less
- DBC Remodeling and Construction, LLCExcellent!!!! Called first in late February 2017 and got detailed estimate fast, and could start work in mid March. Wonderful people to talk with, started on day they said, cleaned up every day and was at job everyday till done. Also called them, when my nephew backed out of contract after waiting 2 months to do 3 replacement windows and siding. DBC to the rescue!!! read less
- MMS ConstructionMatt did an amazing job finishing my basement, he designed a layout and presented it for me and I liked it, I wanted like an in-law suite I got exactly what I wanted, 1 master bedroom with a walk in closet, and nice size bathroom with Jacuzzi tub with tile all around it, and 1 guest bedroom, a family room and a kitchen with a dining room! It doesn't even feel like a basement. I trusted Matt and his modern design ideas and let him pick the colors for walls, flooring, and kitchen cabinets, and he did an amazing job! He stayed on schedule and my budget, and if any cost changed because of the material choice, he would let me know about it in advance. The cost was around the quote that he gave me originally and I was happy with it. He was on time and was very professional, I would recommend his company to anyone who is wanting to do a project in their home. We were very happy with his work read less
- DBC Remodeling and Construction, LLCDBC Remodel made a major renovation easy, stress free, beautiful and believe it or not, fun. ?Doug and his crew were talented, professional, courteous and hard working. What started out as a relatively simple basement bathroom update, turned into a finished mother-in-law suite. ?I liked what they were doing so much I kept adding to the job. ? Doug was easy to work with; he incorporated my ideas and designs with his recommendations, as well as recommending ?a showroom to pick out finishes, tile, cabinets and flooring. I was comfortable knowing that DBC was licensed and would complete the work safely and in code. ?Besides his crew, Doug employed other experts when needed. My needs were considered all along the way. ?Together we budgeted and planned to make the best finished home read less
- Bert's Handyman ServiceBert was very efficient, professional and thorough. The work was completed well.
- Yurkovic Plumbing and HeatingWe called up to do an estimate and they did the work right then. It wasn't an emergency. The work done was excellent. They cleaned up everything, took care of everything, and thought and knowledge was good. They gave us good suggestions first time. We did not plan all that and we did it. The price is pretty good. I would definitely use them again in the future read less
- Skip Knoll Inc Professional Remodelingused Skip on my basement based upon the excellent work he did on my previous house (kitchen,attic....)
- Skip Knoll Inc Professional RemodelingThere were ups and downs, as there is with any remodel. Skip responded to our inquiry promptly and came over to the house to brainstorm and look at the area. He was very professional and made some great suggestions...some of which we incorporated into our plan. He is very creative and easy to work with. He has his own way of seeing things, but isn't too pushy with his suggestions. Once we decided on a plan, his crew was ready to work very quickly (maybe a week or two after meeting with Skip, they started demolition). His workmen (and a few women) were great. We trusted them to be in our home unsupervised. Ryan became more like a friend, and Joe was great to work with, too. They are both very meticulous and professional. If/when we changed our minds or didn't like something, they always replied, and quot;Not a problem.and quot; They also helped us out with tips and suggestions on other things we were doing around the house. I learned a great deal. Although they didn't quite finish in time, it wasn't because they didn't work hard enough. Running into other problems and finding that things don't go as smoothly as they thought it would is pretty par for the course. Also, a little bit of carelessness on one guy's part caused an additional plumbing issue. However, Skip paid for all repairs and replaced everything that was damaged. They price was steep, yes, but you get what you pay for! We couldn't be more happy with how this huge project turned out. Their attention to detail is visible in everything they did for us. We would definitely use them again read less
- Glass Block Specialties By BrunoThis is the third time I have had a glass block window installed by this company, and every time it was handled in the most professional way possible - competitive price, prompt, courteous, careful, respectful of my property, great installation job, etc. I could not be happier with Louie Bruno and his team! The last window was installed in the basement of an 1898 red brick Victorian house, and it looks great! I highly recommend this company read less
Basement Contractors in Erie
- Business Description:Highly skilled craftsmen perform at the top of their field. We display attention to detail & we are very conscientious on every job. The owner stops by job sites regularly to maintain the quality you expect.Recent Review:worst company ever I was overcharged the guys left a huge mess they had to come back 3 times and its still not right now they won't even respond!greg l.
- Business Description:Emergency service available, call now for a free quote. If you have a basement leak, foundation cracks or bowed walls, we can help. We are a full service company with professionally trained, experienced staff built on the reputation of over 20,000 satisfied customers. We explain the work to be done in easy to understand layman's terms. We use current state-of-the-art products and processes that are researched and tested. We provide a life time warranty on our work read lessRecent Review:I just wanted to take the time to thank A Better Choice Waterproofing for the great job they did on our basement! Bill (a VP) came out and did an estimate for us on our bowed and cracked wall. He was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and accurately diagnosed the problem. The day they came to do the repair, Bill and his crew arrived, started working immediately, and did the job quickly with an emphasis on quality. All of the gentlemen were very friendly, helpful, and did a fantastic job! The price was definitely much lower than we were anticipating too, making it a great value. I would highly recommend them read lessStephen K.
- Business Description:We specialize in bathroom, kitchen remodeling, decks, fencing of all types, windows, doors, and siding. We are friendly, affordable and do great quality work. We have done contracting for the past 15 years for other contracting companys who didnt share our values. So we started up our own. We are sole proprietary company. We look forward to doing buisness with you and joining our family read lessRecent Review:Great job. Friendly and completed in z timely mannerJayne C.
- Business Description:General all around residential & commercial repair services. Odd jobs that may require a helping hand. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry, interior-exterior painting, power washing, flooring, storm & entry door installation, dead bolt lock installation and many more along these lines. Pennsylvania Contractors No. PA014920 read lessRecent Review:Bert is 100% professional, excellent workScott M.
- Business Description:Since 1986, Everdry Waterproofing has serviced over 80,000 basements, crawl spaces and slab homes- making us one of the nation’s premier foundation repair contractors. With custom tailored solutions, innovative products and a one-on-one approach in dealing with homeowners, our basement waterproofing team will help you create a safe, dry and liveable space in your basement. Everdry takes an active role in bettering our industry and enhancing our knowledge. We are a leader in Research and Devel.. read lessRecent Review:They did an excellent job taking care of our wet crawlspace problems. The crew run by Matt K worked quickly, and left everything looking better than when they arrived. I highly recommend EverDry for any crawlspace water issues read lessDaniel C.
- Business Description:We are a Handyman service. I am a owner that works on every job. We offer free estimates.Recent Review:I'd rather be told that a workers is not interested in a job than string me asking without ever following through. That's time wasted, to me.Lisa L.
- Business Description:We offer high quality professional craftsmanship done by a father and son who have followed the same path of doing the job right and treating the customers like " You " deserve to be treated. We hear all the time of customers who have been mislead by people who think they can do the job and end up calling us. We are the professionals you seek and deserve and we guarantee your satisfaction. You can contact us personally any time of day. Tim Jr @ email@example.com 814-795-9991. read lessRecent Review:Responsible, reliable, respectful, reasonable and right the first time. Exhibits old fashioned pride of workmanship.John D.
- Business Description:DBC Remodeling helps clients remodel their houses into homes where they love to live. Operating in Erie, PA and northwest Pennsylvania since 2007, we are a residential remodeling contractor specializing in sunroom additions, kitchen and bath remodels, decks, awnings, and basement finishing read lessRecent Review:We did the demo on our old two-tiered decking. Betterliving built a new upper deck from composite with aluminum railing. The lower deck was replaced with as 12X15 sunroom. The process from start to finish was a pleasure. All employees were friendly, knowledgeable, skilled, and prompt. Price was better than anticipated, so we went with a 4-season sunroom instead of a 3-season. The worksite was safe, clean and orderly, and the quality of the build was excellent. They worked through some miserable cold weather too. Deck – Betterliving’s construction quality was a major improvement to what we previously had. Their suggestion to use two colors on the railing worked out great too - spindles are a different color that the rest of the railing. Sunroom - also very solid construction. It is insulated well, and also helps even out the temps in the family room it is attached to. The gable style not only looks nice, but makes the sun room look bigger. They built a small landing off of the sunroom entryway too. It is important to note that they installed the flooring and contracted the electrical. Flooring and electrical work were included as part of our quote with them. Not all of our quotes from other businesses included flooring and electrical work, and would have been an additional cost. Having everything included in the quote also meant we had one project, not several projects. Deck/sunroom/landing materials – decking and landing materials were the same composite materials. The sunroom skirting was also the same composite. This ties everything together visually, and improves the overall look. Electrical work – Knorr Electric completed all the electrical in the sunroom (interior and exterior outlets, exterior floodlight, and hung a ceiling fan). They also replaced all of our outside lighting on the entire house while they were here, and moved a bathroom light inside. They were also friendly, knowledgeable, skilled, and prompt. And quality work from them too. We will definitely contact Betterliving and Knorr again for any additional work we want done. They are highly recommended! Note that Betterliving in the Erie, PA area is connected to DBC Remodeling and Construction (same employees). DBC came highly recommended to us from a friend read lessSteve H.
- Business Description:For close to 30 years, Modern Window has been synonymous with premium, custom window solutions for Western New York and Northern Pennsylvania. When you add our ability to make yours a more eco-friendly home with the fact that we specialize in 100% American-made windows, it’s clear why this local, family-owned company has found success for so long. Call 716-873-8800 for your free, no-obligation appointment today! read lessRecent Review:GREAT JOB; THEY DID EVERYTHING THAT WAS CONTRACTED. CLEANED UP, TOOK ALL THE RUBBISH AND LEFT THE PLACE IN A-ONE CONDITION, ALSO EXPLAINED WHAT WAS DONE, WHY, AND THE OPERATION OF THE INSTALLED ITEMS. EXTREMELY PLEASED read lessFRANCIS U.
- Business Description:SHOWROOM LOCATIONS; *ERIE, PA 5044 Peach Street, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat (By Appointment Only); *MCMURRAY, PA 3150 Washington Road, Mon-Fri 9AM-5PM, Sat 10AM-2PM; *MONROEVILLE, PA 2644 Mosside Boulevard, Route 48 *STATE COLLEGE, PA 1341 South Atherton Street *WEXFORD, PA 11279 Perry Highway *MORGANTOWN, WV 918 Chestnut Ridge Roa read lessRecent Review:We were extremely happy with the service, installation and quality provided by Pella of McMurray. We dealt with Rob Culbertson. Rob was superb to deal with in many aspects. I highly recommend selecting Rob to handle your needs. The installers were professional, respectful and diligent. They worked hard under cold conditions. They were cognizant of their cleanliness too and swept up frequently. The fiberglass windows and doors look great and I examined them thoroughly. My neighbors have been complimentary too. Try Rob Culbertson and Pella of McMurray for your needs read lessChristopher W.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful basement contractor articles
Shaken or stirred, concoct your favorite cocktail at the most convenient spot in town—your basement bar. Transform this unfinished or finished space into a prime hosting spot with endless opportunities for customization and cost-saving solutions.
The cost of installing a wine cellar varies based on square footage, the type of wine cellar or wine cave, materials used, where it is located in the property, and where you live. Use this guide to find how much your wine cellar will cost.
Find basement remodeling contractors in
- North East
- Lake City
- Union City
- Findley Lake
- East Springfield
- Cambridge Springs
- West Springfield
basement remodeling contractors in Erie
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- A Better Choice Inc97 N Thompson Ln
North Huntingdon, Pennsylvania
- A.D. Montie Contracting5024 PERRY HWY
- A.D. Montie Contracting Inc6761 Sherrod Hill Rd.
- Allinger's Home Maintenance and Services IncPO Box 375
Mc Kean, Pennsylvania
- America's Basement Contractor461 Second St
- Andrea's Kitchens Plus Interior Design667 W. 26th St
- Arcbazar Inc114 Western Ave
- Armands Handyman & Remodeling7103 E Lake Rd
- A Better Choice Inc
- B Davis Enterprises LLC459 E 17th St
- Basement Pro's2695 Hershey Rd
- Bay City Millwork959 West 12th Street Suite 5
- Beaver Log Home Sales17946 STate Highway 198
- Behr Repair and Remodeling65 E Main St #9
North East, Pennsylvania
- Bert's Handyman Service3015 Feasler St
- Bill Potts Construction26230 Swift Hill
Cambridge Springs, Pennsylvania
- BOSS Landscaping Snowplowing Construction & Paint1522 E 12th St
- Bradrew Custom Woodworks11804 West Lake Rd.
East Springfield, Pennsylvania
- Braendel Painting & Services Inc.2325 Broad St
- B Davis Enterprises LLC
- C-G Construction3442 W 41st St
- Cassa Electric209 Wallace St
- CF Black Builders81 Race Ave
- CHOBY Roofing & Siding4023 oxer road
- Christian Architects950 N Charlotte St
- Construction Solutions of Erie3103 Greengarden Blvd
- CORSI REMODELING4150 W 32ND ST
- Courson Construction Services10283 Moses Rd
- C-G Construction
- East Construction14603 W. Center Rd
- Elite Finishes & Renovations1313 Shenk Ave
- Emil Chernicky & Sons Builders, Inc.3370 Flower Road
- ERIE GENERAL CONTRACTING352 W 24TH ST
- Erie Outdoor Services LLC3445 West 12th Street
- Everdry Waterproofing2930 Centennial Rd
- East Construction
- Father & Son Remodeling1460 W 21st
- Father & Son Remodeling
- G & J Waterproofing3000 Liberty St
- Gatesman Home Improvement2526 West 34th Street
- GATESMAN HOME IMPROVEMENT2526 W. 34th St.
- Glass Block Specialties By Bruno907 French St
- GREAT LAKES CONSTRUCTION3219 Asbury Road
- GSB Construction and Home Improvements17845 Maples Road
- Guardian Basement Waterproofing Inc2331 Keystone Trail N
- G & J Waterproofing
- I & I Home Improvement1727 Penelec Park Dr
- I & I Home Improvement
- Mace's Masonry1811 Townhall Rd W
- Maleno Builders2340 W. Grandview Blvd., Suite 1
- Matt Krol Construction LLC375 Moore Rd
- McClimans Construction, INC6717 Townsend Drive
- McGraw Home ImprovementsPO Box 291
North East, Pennsylvania
- Mine All Sell Painting and Home Restorations19201 Us Hwy 6 & 19
- MMS Construction3933 Oxer Rd
- Modern Window of NY Inc227 Thorn Ave
Orchard Park, New York
- Mosko Construction1807 Wagner Ave
- Mace's Masonry
- NEO-Waterproofing1713 East 51st Street Unit B
- Panko & Sons Construction386 Meadow St
- Pella Windows and Doors3150 Washington Road
- Peter Hardner & Son Inc223 W 26th St
- Phoenix Fox home remodeling6375 Route 426
Spring Creek, Pennsylvania
- Porreca's Floors & More356 Jefferson Ave
- Panko & Sons Construction
- rauccis Remodeling329 Ross st
- Rick Hatch Remodeling and Repair955 West 35th St
- Rolyn Companies7 Crozerville Rd Ste C
- RONALD E LINT, General Contractor, LLC1641 CATHOLIC CEMETERY ROAD
North East, Pennsylvania
- Rule's Construction1831 West 27th Street
- rauccis Remodeling
- Yurkovic Plumbing and Heating2828 Buffalo Rd Ste A
- Yurkovic Plumbing and Heating