Climate Specialists

Founded 1977 • With Angi since October 2008

1820 W Fairview St

Allentown, PA 18104

preventive maintenance, conservation advice and equipment installations for their heating, cooling and indoor air quality systems. We are pioneers in alternative energy and energy conservation, reducing our customers' dependence on fossil fuels by installing hybrid systems that incorporate geothermal and solar energy....

09/29/2017

Neal B.

Category plumbing

06/11/2015

Rex S.

05/14/2015

Sheldon S.

Description of Work
Fine. Excellent tech. Mike Blair. Checked A/C.

10/21/2014

Shirley N.

All services have gone very well. The receptionist was particularly helpful today when I scheduled my seasonal check. I had a lot of questions which she answered in detail.

Description of Work
Climate Specialists installed the heating and air conditioning units in my home when it was built in 1987. Every year since, I have had them perform a seasonal check in the fall. After 25 years, one of the unit needed to be replaced. I am very pleased with the new unit and the professionalism which was displayed during the sale and installation. I continue to use this company for repairs and seasonal checks.

06/09/2014

Dennis C.

Description of Work
I've used Climate Specialists since we've owned this house. Even though the owner seems gruff, he's not and is very professional, knowledgeable, and doesn't promise what he can't deliver. Their office staff is nice too. They know their stuff.

11/20/2013

Theresa G.

They are a great company and they listen to the customer and they respond to the customer. They are very sensitive to the customer homes. They take great care to not disturb anything in the house. They make sure that they do not bring dirt into the house and they clean-up after themselves. They are very efficient and on time as far as their appointments are concerned. They will call and remind me of when they are going to be here. They will call and let me know that a technician is on the way. I have no complaints about this company.

Description of Work
Climate Specialists do an annual service on my air conditioner and heating system. They clean it and make sure that everything is working properly. They do any repairs if needed.

08/21/2013

M M.

We have 3 heat pumps so we spent around $275. We've been using them for at least 10 years. They're prompt and professional. We were using somebody else but we switched to them and we've been happy ever since.

Description of Work
For heating and air conditioning services I used Climate Specialists. I last used them 3 to 4 months ago at the beginning of summer to do a tuneup on our 3 heat pumps.

07/24/2013

Mark M.

Let me first preface this by identifying myself as a new homeowner. I've relied heavily upon Angie’s list the past year for the various projects and problems that arose. When you’re trusting a contractor with potentially thousands of dollars and your home’s well being, it’s always good to have a few reassuring reviews as references. Climate Specialists left a bad taste in my mouth after contacting them. My heat pump made it through the hottest week of the summer only to die on the following Tuesday. After reviewing Angie’s list of the closest contractors, I decided to give Climate Specialist a call. (It helped that they were one of the earlier offices to open) The women that answered the phone was rather short. I began describing my situation and asked if there was anyone available to take a service call in the next day or two. Once I uttered the words “new customer”, I was rather rudely cut off and told that they were no longer accepting any. She was unapologetic and quickly hung up. I thought long and hard whether or not to post the review but ultimately decided to offer the warning to others. There are handful of positives reviews, so other homeowners have had better luck than me. Professionalism goes a long way in my book. I’m not so sure that I would have been treated much better if I was an “existing” customer with an emergency.

Description of Work
Contacted for service call on broken heat pump.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

during the hottest of weather we can be overly busy with service work. we were honest and told the homeowner that we could not take any new customers at this time allowing him to call someone else who might be able to serve him faster. our existing customers have first priority for service! maybe having your system pre season checkand establishing a service company relationship before you have an emergency would be prudent.

02/09/2012

John D.

Climate Specialists has done an excellent job for us over the years. They show up on time. They are responsive on emergency calls. They get the job done.

Description of Work
We have used Climate Specialists for over ten years to service our heating and A/C units. They also did the original install when the house was built. They are a responsive, professional and well priced outfit. No one should hestitate to use this company.

01/05/2012

FREDERICK F.

During annual system check they discovered a leak on the accumulator and a cracked drain pan for which they estimated the cost at $603. All repairs were performed as agreed, taking a full day plus. However, during startup, they determined that the compressor was burned out. In their initial trouble shooting of this unit, they apparently did test to see if compressor was working (thus no quote to replace the compressor in initial quote). They then replaced the compressor that same day. Phil the owner, would not let me pay additional for the compressor due to their missing the problem on the front end of their trouble shooting and estimating. Do not agree with him----but he still would not let me pay extra!!! I have dealt with Climate Specialists and Phil for close to 30 yrs and have always felt like a valued customer, even when the bill is much more than this one. Would never let anybody else touch my H/C systems.

Description of Work
Repaired the smallest of my 4 Heat Pumps due to cracked drain pan and leak in accumulator. This unit is greater than 17 yrs old and has had service before (new compressor about 7-8 yrs ago). They replaced accumulator and drain pan, put on new thermostat, and added 8 lbs of Freon. When system would not restart , they had to replace the compressor, Freon, and dryers.

06/01/2011

FREDERICK F.

The owner personally came to my home to deliver/explain paperwork used to claim rebates from both Carrier and local power company. Job performed on time as promised. Workman who installed all equipment were very professional and neat. The new unit required new diameter coolant lines between compressor and air handler and were neatly installed by their workers---all included in price. My home was as neat and clean after they left as it was before their arrival. Been using this company for all my heating air conditioning needs since 1980 and never a regret. I trust their people in my house whether I am there or not. Will be replacing another unit in 2011 with this company

Description of Work
Replaced one of 4 Carrier heat pumps---(have 4 all 18 yrs old.) Tore out and disposed of old unit. Installed outside compressor unit and air handler coils inside with new coolant piping.

04/04/2011

Brian G.

The owner was incredible. When they did do the work here, they did a really good job. Every time I needed anything, I always used to call them because they installed it and they did a real nice job with that. We were very pleased with it. They didn’t oversize it or anything. They didn’t over sell. We had it for like 25 years and we hardly had any problems at all. When we bought it, we got the top of the line. A friend of mine said that they made a better product. That’s why we went with them. I think they charged me a little over $100 for the last service. The neat part was that the owner came out and he had an experience with it. He said that it might be the electronic problem. So, he put a part in it and told us to try it out. He also said that he would take it back if it didn’t work. It was basically the owner’s experience which helped the whole thing. His guys first tried it out before he came out and they couldn’t pinpoint what it was. The owner was actively managing the job when they first installed the system. Everything about him was perfect. I would use his services again without a doubt. We bought a smaller unit which runs a lot and it is perfect for our house.

Description of Work
Climate Specialists had installed our central air conditioning system about 20 years ago. Then they came out and serviced it a couple of times. It has probably been 8 or 9 years since we even did that. My last interaction with them was in the spring of 2003 since my air conditioning system wasn’t starting. So, I had them out to do some service on it. It was like an electronic one and it wasn’t functioning properly all the time, but it would work some other times.

10/12/2010

TARA D.

It went well. They were prompt and did a nice job. They were very professional. The owner actually came out, too.

Description of Work
Climate Specialists installed a furnace for me some years ago.

10/01/2010

Michael W.

Climate Specialists have provided excellent service. They are very professional, trustworthy, and responsive. They completely replaced my HVAC system in April of 2006. They also do routine maintenance work on the system as needed.

Description of Work
They have been my HVAC service contractor since 1992. The last time they came out was for a general check-up.

07/13/2010

Susan S.

Great service, response time. The problem was not major (clogged coil in condenser) and was fixed in less than one hour. I was grateful to be seen so quickly.

Description of Work
In the extreme heat wave, my central A/C was running constantly and not cooling to desired temp. I spoke to the office Thursday morning 7/7 and was scheduled for the same day - in a heat wave! We bought our unit from Climate Specialists 20 years ago, and will buy from them again when we need a new one!

10/18/2008

Richard H.

Mr. Ginder is the business owner and he personally attended to every aspect of my job, and he and his crew showed unimpeachable professionalism throughout the process. They had the experience and expertise to address all of my concerns with complete satisfaction. Their workmanship is up to the highest standards. Additionally, they were concerned not only with doing the work I requested, but also making sure I had an efficient and well-engineered system when they were done. For example, after the job started, they asked my permission to install an extra return duct in my laundry room to improve air flow at that end of the house. They also paid attention to the details, such as rerouting the overhead ducts in the basement to improve headroom and reduce overhead congestion.

Description of Work
Complete replacement of heat pump and duct work.