Costello Landscaping

Founded 1973 • With Angi since May 2010

At Costello Landscaping we understand that your landscaping does more than add beauty and value to your home or property -- it is a reflection of your style or image, as well as a functional part of your everyday life....

LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+33 more images

lawn & landscaping (42)hardscaping (20)Patios (10)lawn care (10)mulch delivering (9)stone & gravel (5)tree service (4)decks & porches (4)landscape lighting (1)drain pipe installation (1)fireplace services (1)masonry (1)

09/16/2022

Tracy M.

Costello Landscaping is the best Lanscaping company we have ever worked with . Justin came to our house , listened to our potential plan , did an entire design with a quote . The end result was fantastic . Better than we expected . Very professional company . You won't be disappointed if hire Costello .

Description of Work
Patio paver, Lanscaping

Category decks, landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/25/2022

Review for Costello Landscaping - 9980 Royalton Road, North Royalton, OH - 39874594

05/05/2022

Mary S.

Justin and the crew did a phenomenon job. Very professional team. They did exactly what they said they would and even more. The job changed unexpectedly and Justin stayed the course. Incredible job! I am so glad I chose Costello Landscaping.

Description of Work
Rebuild retaining wall

Category drain pipe, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

09/29/2021

Mark S.

The crew from Costello did a fantastic job creating a brick patio in our backyard! The entire crew was extremely pleasant to work with and completed the project exactly how we wanted in one day. They seeded the area, cleaned up the entire site, and even took the remaining scrap bricks. A great job all the way. I would highly recommend Costello Landscaping!

Description of Work
Install a 10x10 patio with salvaged brick pavers

Category hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/27/2021

Review for Costello Landscaping - 9980 Royalton Road, North Royalton, OH - 39491260

09/15/2021

Ron R.

If you are reading this review looking for a lawn installation/repair service stop reading and call Costello. Kevin and his crew led by Justin came out when they said they would. The work done to the front and back yards included power raking, leveling, seeding, covering with peat moss and repairing bare spots. The work was done efficiently and professionally at a fair cost. They used quality seed, fertilizer, soil and peat. The crew worked together seamlessly. Heavy rains came through washing away some of the seed in the backyard. It wasn’t apparent until the grass started growing leaving bare spots. Kevin was called and he immediately made arrangements to reseed and in his words, “…make it right.” The front yard looks amazing. The backyard did too except for a few spots needing attention. Once again Kevin was called and once again he made it right. There aren’t many companies claiming great customer service, Costello is an exception relying on honesty and integrity. Kevin’s word and handshake is better than any contract. A great way to do business. The old fashioned way with exceptional work ethic. I would rehire and recommend Costello in a heartbeat. My neighbor was so impressed he hired them as well.

Description of Work
Lawn leveling, seeding, repair

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

05/14/2021

tom E.

requested quote via Angi website. no response. called a week later and left message requesting someone to contact me. no one ever contacted me by phone or email also submitted request for quote via their own website and got no repsonse

Description of Work
lawn renovation

Category lawn service

Work Completed On 04/19/2021

We are sorry that no one from our company has called you back to set up an appointment. We have experienced much higher than normal call and email requests for proposals and are doing our best to try and keep up. Please let us know if you are still interested in having us come out and we will be sure to get you on our schedule.

10/26/2020

MARGARET O.

We recently had a paver patio installed with also some landscaping completed surrounding the patio. Kevin was great to work with and prompt with responding back to us. Their crew worked very well together and we were very pleased with the results! We definitely would use them again!

Description of Work
tear out old concrete pad, install paver patio, landscape surrounding it

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you on your landscaping and patio project from consultation to completion. We thank you for your business and hope you get much use out of your new patio area!

06/27/2020

Denise S.

Very well! Tom and his crew are great! I highly recommend them for all your yard and landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Yardwork, landscaping etc,

Category decks, landscaping, lawn service, mulch, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 06/23/2020

06/12/2020

DAVID A.

Great job. Very nice to deal with. Crew was very nice. Would definitely use them again for any landscaping needs.

Description of Work
Removal of packed stone gravel in yard, added topsoil, grass seeding

Category decks, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

06/01/2020

LeAnn S.

The Costello Team was amazing!! They arrived on-time, did a professional job and was great to work with. Justin showed up and started the guys and left the team to finish up. The team of 4 guys worked all day and I was amazed at their teamwork and professionalism. I've gotten rave reviews from my neighbors and would HIGHLY recommend the Costello Team!

Description of Work
Landscape Retaining Wall in the front of my house

Work Completed On 05/20/2020

Review for Costello Landscaping - 9980 Royalton Road, North Royalton, OH - 38606768

We are very pleased to hear you are happy with our work. It was a pleasure working with you on your landscaping project from consultation to completion. We thank you for your business and please let us know if we can be of any further assistance to your landscaping needs. Best Regards The Costello Team

01/17/2020

Richard L.

The patio turned out great! The pavers and walls complement each other well, and the patio drains well.

Description of Work
We had a patio installed under ourelevated deck.

Work Completed On 01/17/2020

11/06/2019

STEVEN A.

The entire job turned out much better than I had hoped for. The crew was punctual, professional, and the clean up was immaculate. We hope to be hiring them for all future projects.

Description of Work
We needed a walkway installed from the front of our home to the driveway.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 11/04/2019

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure working with you on this walkway project and we look forward to working with you again.

10/11/2019

Stephen B.

Beginning with Mary in the office and Kevin who arranged my project schedule, everyone at Costello Landscaping was professional and courteous. Tom who arrived with the crew was communicative, friendly and helpful. The crew was professional, efficient, friendly and knowledgeable. My job was relatively small but they handled it swiftly and as if it was as important as any much larger job. I would not hesitate to call them again for any landscaping needs I may have. I will recommend Costello Landscaping to any family members or friends in need of landscaping. Overall, an excellent experience!

Description of Work
Removed roots and planted 5 new shrubs.

Category landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 10/11/2019

Thank you for the kind words. We look forward to working with you again in the near future.

09/26/2019

Jill W.

Fantastic! I hired Costello's on the basis of their Angie's List ratings, and they lived up to their great ratings. The work was done quickly and professionally, with full clean up. I have already referred them to two neighbors.

Description of Work
Patio and landscaping

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 09/26/2019

It was a pleasure working with you on your back yard transformation and we greatly appreciate your business. Thank you for the referrals to your neighbors and we hope you get to spend quality time relaxing on your new patio.

09/19/2019

Mary M.

Everything went very well. Kevin came right out to bid the job and his team did a great job completing all the work. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Patio repair and stair replacement

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/19/2019

It was a pleasure working with you on this project and we greatly appreciate your business. Thank You

07/31/2019

James D.

Tom and his crews did an awesome job with our yard and we couldn’t be happier. We had a laundry list of items we wanted to take care of (remove old lawn, build a box around our playset and mulch it, re-grade the entire back yard, lay new sod, and mulch our other beds while there. His quote was very reasonable (middle of the range for those we received). He did say they were booked quite a few weeks out and it took even longer than that to start (the weather didn’t help), but he stayed in contact along the way. When his crews did arrive, they were very courteous and professional. They communicated with our neighbors when needed and did a great job with cleanup as well. Would definitely recommend and use again!

Description of Work
Remove & replace lawn, grading, and playset box & mulch

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch

Work Completed On 07/31/2019

07/12/2019

MARGE B.

I can't say enough nice things about Tom and his team. In 8-9 hours they transformed my back yard from a weedy, barren mess to a beautifully landscaped area. I have never seen a team work so efficiently - I believe there were eight of them, and they didn't waste a minute of time. I am beyond pleased with the work.. I LOVE my little patio. I can't believe they got all of this done in one day and they earned every penny!

Description of Work
The whole back yard was re-done; a tree removed, old grass removed and sod laid down, mulch (a thick layer!) laid on the flower beds, a massive amounts of weeds dug out, the pavers around a tree re-aligned, and a patio built.

Category mulch, tree service, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 07/11/2019

Review for Costello Landscaping - 9980 Royalton Road, North Royalton, OH - 37980809

06/11/2019

Jerry T.

Tom promised to schedule when job would be done, its been 2 months now he does not return phone calls or texts Very unprofessional.

Description of Work
Low spots in back yard filled and mulched. Plant 1 tree.

Category landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 05/13/2019

05/14/2019

Brandt B.

Costello was highly recommended to us by 2 different sets of friends that had hired them to install patio pavers. Now that our job is done, we are very glad that we followed their advice! We worked with Kevin Costello and, from our first interaction, he was courteous, friendly, professional and responsive. Our project was an open-sided covered patio with an outdoor fireplace. It consisted of a 15' x 25' vaulted roof that tied into our house with an outdoor fireplace along one of the long sides of the roof structure. Costello was hired to install the floor of our covered patio. I truly wish that they could have done the entire project, but the carpentry and masonry aspect is outside the scope of their business. Because the floor was to be the last part of the project, Costello could not start until the other contractors involved had finished with their part of the project. What we did not anticipate is that Costello would end up being delayed by nearly 1 year...again, through no fault of their own. During that entire time span, Kevin was always available via phone, email and texting. When the weather finally cooperated enough to allow Costello to start on 04/22/19, their crew showed up promptly at 8:30 and got right to work. They truly operated like a well-oiled machine. I couldn't get over how quick and efficient they were and how much progress was made at the end of each day. I was also very impressed with the amount of time, attention and preparation that was paid to base of the patio (i.e. before a single paver was placed). It's no wonder they are able to offer a 10 year warranty...the foundation is rock solid. Again, our patio primarily consisted of a 15' x 25' rectangle with a smaller 5' x 8' rectangle attached to one end of the larger rectangle (so I could wheel my grill out from under the roof structure). For the most part, the patio was done by the end of the second day. The entire project was completely done in 3 days and also involved digging up and re-planting about 8 or 9 boxwood bushes. My wife and I (and the kids) were extremely impressed with Costello overall. They did an amazing job on the patio, re-planting the bushes, re-grading the parts of our yard that were torn up by their equipment (a natural part of the process) and then re-seeding with grass seed and covering with hay. Again, I really cannot emphasize enough how happy we were to have used Costello. We would absolutely recommend them to others. Truly a great company! Thank you Kevin and crew!!!

Description of Work
We hired Costello Landscaping to install patio pavers.

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Work Completed On 04/24/2019

04/19/2019

Joan N.

Can’t say enough about what A pleasant experience it was to work with these gentleman. Tom came in with a quote and called me a soon as he was available to come and do the work. They came in and in two days My yard was looking incredible. Neighbors called to complement me. I would hire these guys in a second they’re very efficient and knowledgeable. Call Tom or Kevin. So easy. True professionals.

Description of Work
Mulched and edged yard front and back. Also removed several dead bushes.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 04/10/2019

Review for Costello Landscaping - 9980 Royalton Road, North Royalton, OH - 37829490

04/09/2019

Debbie C.

I hired this company to upgrade my mother's front yard so the house can be put on the market. There were 4 taxus bushes that were over 30 years and had some very long roots. Costello was able to remove them and planted a weeping cherry and begonias. They also help with leveling the parts of the front yard that were affected by the roots. The new curb appeal really added great value! Two Huge Thumbs Up, found my landscaping company that I will be using for all my future jobs!

Description of Work
Front Yard

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

Work Completed On 10/29/2018

03/29/2019

RICK M.

Tom of Costello Landscaping met my wife and I at our home on Friday March 22nd to estimate the scope of the above mentioned project. He measured the the areas and listened to what we were looking for regarding these small projects. We also discuss other projects much larger in scope that we would be interested in doing in the near future. Tom seemed receptive of the current project and future ones and left promising to email us the quote by the evening Monday March 25th. By Thursday afternoon, having not received his email, I emailed Tom to ensure we had exchanged the proper addresses and to inquiry about the status of the quote. Early Friday morning I receive a short email stating that they had accepted two large jobs on the east side of Cleveland and would not be able to take our current project. As I had already acquired the patio stone and pavers, this project was probably "small" in cost... only $1200-$1500 (my guess). Which I feel was its downfall. Not looking toward future business in the face of these current much costlier projects lost Costello any chance at doing our much more costly future projects. Also, when Tom promised the quote by Monday evening and didn't provide any explanation until 4 days later after being reminded by me, this speaks of being unprofessional. It seems that unless your project is costly it deserves little to no consideration.

Description of Work
Provide quote and work for a 50 sq. ft. patio; a 24 sq. ft extension to an existing patio and provide a paver extension to the bottom of the staircases of my major deck and small offshoot deck.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 03/29/2019

11/10/2018

Jim H.

It never happened. Please note that I rated everything as N/A except for "responsiveness" which I rated F. That is the purpose of this review. They may do fantastic work. This review is not about their capabilities as a contractor. I just want to let people know that I tried to contact this company several times. I spoke with different secretaries twice. They took my information and assured me I would get a call to set up an appointment to have an estimate done, but I was never contacted. I gave up and hired someone else. For those that may question why I would take the time to rate their responsiveness as an F when I didn't have any work done, I think this is an important factor for many people. Why would you want to hire someone that won't even return your calls?! No malice is intended. I'm only reporting the facts.

Description of Work
Front walkway replacement. Sidewalk slab replacement. Small walkway added from main walkway to driveway.