Jeff Dingess

Founded 2007 • With Angi since October 2008

3703 Riedham Rd

Cleveland, OH 44120

Remodeling and general repair....

09/04/2018

Carol R.

Great work - clean and very professional

Description of Work
Added a stucco finish to walls in kitchen, painted and primed walls and painted ceilings in living room and dining room

Category plastering, interior painters

03/14/2017

Gloria V.

Very well, took a few days, Jeff communicated when he would be here and cleaned up after he was done.

Description of Work
Repaired plaster damage from leak around window.

04/12/2016

Andrew R.

If i Could I would give him an A+++ on Quality, Responsiveness, Punctuality. He Calls and come when at the agreed time. and spent time cleaning up after the job.

Description of Work
repaired drywall

Category drywall, plastering

05/04/2015

Alfred N.

When a business is so successful that it is turning away clients, it may be time to hire additional staff.

Description of Work
Reached out to provider via phone, but no answer. Sent a text and received a note saying that he was too busy and couldn't do it.

Category stucco

06/20/2014

Christina W.

Jeff's rates were very reasonable, he was professional, cleaned up and completed the job in a very timely manner. I would definitely consider him for another job!

Description of Work
Jeff replaced some dry wall in our front porch ceiling that had fallen.

06/08/2014

JOEL & SHIRI S.

Jeff was very easy easy to work with. He cam for an initial estimate and really thought about the details of the project. Once we called him to say we wanted his service he told us an approximate start date. He even started a day earlier than promised! He was clean, courteous and went the extra mile to make sure the process went well. The end result is exactly what we were looking for. We will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
He plastered our garage fixing irregularities that had developed thought the years.

10/23/2013

Deborah D.

He did a beautiful job. His plastering work was beautiful and also did an excllent job with painting. He is just really good at what he does. What I really liked is his estimates were pretty accurate. He is very conscientious and thorough with his work. He is just very good at plaster work. I plan on using him in the future.

Description of Work
I had Jeff come out and fix some holes in our ceiling. He also repaired some walls in two rooms. He has also repaired some stucco around windows and painted it once it was done.

Category drywall, plastering, stucco, house painters, interior painters

05/20/2013

Joan W.

Jeff arrived promptly and completed the job on schedule. He was professional, courteous and cleaned up after himself. I called Jeff to do this work as he plastered another bedroom and our back hall 8 years ago...I liked his work then, and it was just as good this time. He was also understanding when my husband locked him out of the house by mistake one day.

Description of Work
Repaired plaster in bedroom in 1920's house, a lot of damage from children and dog.

05/16/2013

Gerald S.

He had really good pricing and did a really good job. I was really impressed with the work and the cleanup that he did.

Description of Work
I used Jeff Dingess to refinish some floors in my house.

Category flooring contractor, hardwood floor

04/17/2013

David E.

Jeff did a fine job. He was punctual, efficient, and careful about cleaning up and avoiding unnecessary dust. The quality of his work was excellent; the wall shows no sign of being repaired.

Description of Work
Jeff filled an open area in a wall left from the removal of a very large aquarium. He framed the area, installed drywall and "mudded" it to finish.

Category drywall, plastering

12/28/2012

Jean S.

.See above. Mr. Dingess was timely, very neat in his work habits, professional and overall the above repair turned out to be a very excellent experience.

Description of Work
Mr. Dingess repaired my kitchen ceiling--it required extensive plastering and painting. I felt extremely comfortable talking with Mr. Dingess and having him work in my home. Usually I would be at work however I was ill a couple of the days he was working on the ceiling and he was very understanding. He did an excellent job and I will certainly use his services again. He was professional, kind, easy to talk with.

12/01/2012

Stephen K.

Very satisfies - clean, prompt, friendly,beautiful result.

Description of Work
Repair of water - damaged plaster of iling.

Category doors

08/02/2012

Dan F.

Jeff initially gave us an estimate for the stucco repair and exterior painting. He completed the job relatively quickly in the very hot days of summer...he is impeccably neat and orderly while being receptive to our needs as functioning homeowners. He anticipated our needs for the day while he completed the jobs. We were so thrilled with the results of his work, we asked for an estimate to repair and repaint a side porch. The results are fabulous. Jeff also recommended an alternative paint color and an alternative screen color. We're happy we took his advice.

Description of Work
Repaired and rreplaced stucco on our Tudor built in 1925. Repainted the exterior stucco replacement. Refinished a wooden plank celing in a side porch. Replaced all screening. Repainted interior of the side porch. Replaced wood and replainted exterior of the side porch. Installed screen protector on side porch door.

Category plastering, stucco, house painters, interior painters

03/13/2012

Jim B.

The initial service and work was relatively good. We gave him a key to do the work while we weren't home and he promised to return it after specifically requesting it. He never returned the key so we had to spend $75 to get the locks changed and we never heard back from him on why.

Description of Work
He did drywall and baseboard replacement for the water damage, additional drywall installation in the basement, and installing a light fixture.

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, remodeling, water damage restoration

I don't look at my reviews very often, and I am sorry that happened to you, but I am not the person that did work for you. I have no idea who you are but I can assure all Angie's List members that I certainly never kept anyone's key and I never worked for this man. Could you please check your records to make sure that you write your comment on the right Angie's List service provider. Thank you.

02/13/2012

Mary Lou C.

I love him. He did a wonderful job. He was timely with his responses to me, courteous, and did far more than we agreed upon for the same price. He made great suggestions. The price turned out to be more than fair because he had gone above and beyond.

Description of Work
He did plaster, paint, and some electrical work. You can't even tell I had water damage, it looks beautiful.

Category countertops, electrician, hardwood floor, plastering, interior painters, doors

11/29/2011

Jerome L.

We took him off Angie's List. He did a wonderful job. He came back at my request to clear out the stumps. That was part of the bill, but he didn't have the stump grinder at the time. He came back out on Easter Sunday. He did a really really good job.

Description of Work
Jeff Dingess came out in May or June and took out some bushes for us and did some trimming around the house.

Category lawn service, tree service

11/17/2011

Jean S.

Prompt call back; prompt viewing of damaged ceiling; prompt price estimate and mutually agreed upon start date.

Description of Work
Jeff replastered my water damaged kitchen ceiling and then painted it; the job took about three days. The result is very satisfactory. Jeff was easy to speak with, friendly. He was very comfortable to interact with; I was home ill a couple days he was working at the house and I felt at complete ease having Jeff in my home.

Category plastering, interior painters

10/23/2011

Lauren M.

I've never had a better experience with home repairs. Always on time (to the minute). Always cleaned up at the end of each day including vacuuming the carpets. Skilled perfectionist. Does all the work himself but is pretty quick. Does take longer than if you had several people working at once but there are no mistakes or imperfections. He is absolutely trustworthy in your home unattended which was one of my biggest fears about hiring someone for this job. I was hoping for a lower bid and probably could have had one but doubt I would have been as pleased. His work is worth the price and I don't regret a penny spent. He will come back and repair/repaint anything if needed but I'm certain that will not be necessary. He provides you with a list of former customers you can contact for reviews and he finished the work faster than estimated. My cost ran over bid but only because I found extra things for him to do and the cost was reasonable. He went to the store with me to look at the lighting I wanted to have installed. I recommend him to EVERYONE and plan to have him back next year for the next stage! I did choose him from Angie's List and do not have any prior relationship with him nor was I given any incentive (financial or otherwise) for this rating.

Description of Work
Plaster repair ceilings (matched existing texture) Repair dry wall peeling seems, cracks, nailpops Painted select ceilings, walls, bookshelves and window seat Installed new ceiling lighting fixtures Replaced unsafe electrical outlets and light switches Minor plumbing repair (toilet)

Category drywall, electrician, lighting, plastering, plumbing, interior painters

09/14/2011

Joseph Y.

He was timely in getting out with the estimate but I didn't end up going with him. He came out at 8 am and I got the estimate that night. It was a free estimate. He is definitely a quality guy but I just didn't know what I was getting into. He broke down the estimate pretty well and told me what was going to be included. Everything was laid out in an email, which was very nice. I would absolutely get another estimate from him.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Jeff Dingess to remove wallpaper and do painting.

Category wallpaper removal, interior painters

07/27/2011

ALICE P.

The crew of 4 people arrived at 5:00 for a one hour cleaning and stayed longer than an hour to get everything finished to their satisfaction.

Description of Work
While scheduling and intial communications posed a bit of a challenge, it sure was worth waiting for the service provider. They did a very good job cleaning my home. My kitchen sink came out looking like a mirror! The crew was pleasant, efficient, and thorough. They came prepared with everything and had the place spotless in no time.

Category house cleaning

I don't check these reviews regularly, actually hardly ever since I am responding to a message that is over a year old. You have the wrong person as I am not a house cleaner. I mainly do remodeling work and I do clean up after my work areas I do not contract cleaning services.

05/27/2011

HARRY L.

Jeff was very personable and professional and arrived on time on each of the four days needed to complete the project. He applied plaster the first day, let it dry overnight then returned to sand it and apply another coat. He did this twice. The result was a beautifully smooth wall ready to accept paint or tile. Jeff cleaned up after his work each day, actually leaving the area cleaner than it was when he arrived the first day. As we are doing some of the work on the bathroom ourselves, we asked advice about paint and finishing. Jeff was very gracious and gave us advice about the trim work, painting and caulking. His price was exactly as quoted, even though he did a little more patchwork than we originally had asked for. We were extremely happy with his work.

Description of Work
We are remodeling our bathroom in our 1926 bungalow. We tore off the existing tile ourselves and quickly realized we needed a plasterer to repair the walls. We chose Jeff after looking at Angies list and getting some quotes. Jeff took down any existing plaster that was loose. He then plastered the wall where the tile had been, feathering it in to meet the cement board we installed and the existing wall above the tile line. He also applied plaster around our ceiling where there were some gaps between the ceiling and the wall.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, plastering, home remodeling, interior painters

04/29/2011

Joanne W.

Jeff gave us a reasonable estimate. We said we were in no hurry, and that worked out fine as he had a few other jobs lined up. He came when he said he would, and then came back several days in order to let the plaster dry in between applications. He spent at least 6-8 hours total (maybe more). The results are excellent - the kitchen has a textured ceiling and he matched it perfectly. The bedroom ceiling is perfectly smooth. He cleaned up every particle of dust, plus he vacuumed my own dust revealed from moving furniture. He is a kindhearted soul, who cares not only about the quality of his work but also about the people he is working for.

Description of Work
Jeff Dingess repaired the ceiling in my kitchen and in my bedroom. Both had suffered water damage from leaks: the bedroom ceiling was split and bowing out; and the kitchen ceiling was unsightly where someone else had repaired it sloppily in the past. Jeff cut out the section of ceiling in the bedroom and filled the hole, and he resurfaced the section of kitchen ceiling.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, plastering, water damage restoration, interior painters

04/16/2011

Gloria V.

Very well- Jeff came over several times, explaining that cracks such as ours were best fixed little by little- because the plaster does shrink so filling it and letting it dry over night and then sanding and repeating the procedure leads to the best results. In took about four days. Each time he came by he was here for an hour or less time, did the work, and cleaned thoroughly after each application. He did a great job!

Description of Work
We had water damage in our kitchen and some around a bay window in our livingroom. The plaster was cracked and chipping off in large chunks. My husband attempted to repair it, however the product he used would shrink and re-crack.

Category contractors, drywall, handyman service, plastering, interior painters

11/16/2010

Chris L.

His approach to fix the problem seemed much more reasonable and I couldn't be happier with the results. He was very friendly. He knew what he was talking about even at the point where we had some problems when we were painting after he had done his work. He instructed me on how I could take care of such a small job by myself. It really worked out great and he was very helpful. He was knowledgeable and was on time. I would use his services in the future too.

Description of Work
Jeff Dingess did plastering and drywall work about a month ago. He fixed the damaged plaster and also did some work in the kitchen.

09/29/2010

GRETCHEN & JACOB W.

He did a beautiful job. I use him constantly. He has done a lot of work for me on the insides of the house. He has done painting and fixing work for me. The work he couldn't do, like electrical work, he got me somebody to do it for me. He also took care of the yard during the summer. He kept it looking decent for sale of the house. He has been really great. Most people who use him would like him because he is clean, doesn't leave a mess, does very thorough work, and is very personable. There were cracks in the house. He started out with drywall work. He fixed the cracks and painted every room. He took the carpet off the living room and everywhere in the house, and finished the hardwood flooring. He made them look very nice. He repainted the kitchen. He put new countertops in the kitchen. He did some basic plumbing work. He took care of the electrician. He made the place look very nice overall. I spent around $20000 on his services. He started working for me before I moved out from my previous home. He painted the stairwell of the house. He made the bathroom look clean and decent. He made it look well put together. While he was working, he was quiet and everything was clean. I really like him a lot. The people in street are behind him for getting things done by him. He has a lot of work. He is a good workman. He does the work himself to make sure the work is done right. He doesn't do complicated plumbing and electrical work. He did a lot of fixing work. There was a place under the toilet that was never used. He fixed it up and everything is working fine now. He made the little cubbyhole look very decent and inviting. He really does good work. He replaced some fixtures for me. He did so much for the house that I sold. I loved it. It wouldn't have been very happily sold if it was sold without his care. For what he did, he gave me a very good price. His work was excellent. I think he is so good that I would suggest him to my best friend. I know other good guys, but he is hard to beat. I will definitely use his services in the future.

Description of Work
I used Jeff Dingess for totally refinishing the insides of my house. The last time I used him was a couple of weeks ago for landscaping. He did some lawn care and hedging.

Category countertops, drywall, flooring contractor, handyman service, hardwood floor, landscaping, lawn service, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters