DIY gutter guards aim to reduce gutter maintenance on your home by cutting down on the debris that finds its way in your gutter. However, they’re not right for everyone. This guide explains the advantages and disadvantages of these systems.
Get matched with top gutter repair contractors in Ithaca, NY
There are 11 highly-rated local gutter repair contractors.
Recent Gutter Repair Reviews in Ithaca
- Crown Construction IncVery willing to take it all on, very careful to ask our feedback and do it right, very good about prompt completion.
- Lake Country Gutters IncHe came just for a free estimate, and actually climbed up and cleaned the blocked gutters by hand. Success! I will call him to come to install some leaf blocking netting that he said works great to prevent leaves from accumulating in the future. He was great!
- Norb Miller General ContractorThe house was purchased in January 2013. We called four contractors and and Norb Miller was selected, based upon his estimate and how he inspected the house and offered solutions. He began work in April 2013. As demolition was underway we experienced a need to change original outline of work on kitchen flooring as well as in other areas of the remodeling work. This increased the cost of the the original estimate. His expertise and on how to approach the work was right on target. He understood at what level we wanted to maintain the remodeling work. The house needed major upgrades to meet code and it was done well and met final inspection. Mr. Miller did many additional pieces of work to improve the situation that went above and beyond estimated work. A fire wall was required in the basement for the garage and he finished both sides of the wall. Another example of above the effort was with the installation of the wall between the kitchen and living room. He heard me say that I did not like the open room concept because of noise and the house had a two-story entryway so sound can carry. He installed the wall and to lessen the noise added insulation to the wall to reduce sound between rooms. This wall also required an extension to meet the new kitchen design. His team installed all the kitchen cabinets and appliances and took care of issues regarding any damaged material. He added decorative headers in the hallway to define it, etc. Mr. Miller quickly learned the color scheme and I let him choose the tile for the back splash in the kitchen and for the tile around the fireplace. He handled overseeing the installation of a new gas fireplace in the house and coordinated the installation with the provider. He took on little things to make sure the house would stand against the elements. For example, there was a downspout that ended on the deck, Mr. Miller, made sure the spout drained through the deck and away from the house. He saw that a gutter needed to be replaced on the back of the house and did this work so the integrity of house could be maintained. Working with Norb Miller was very easy. The main thing about this renovation/remodeling job was that it was done from a distance and he guided me in what needed to be ordered and when. Periodically I would meet with Mr. Miller at the site to go over work and next steps, but I could confidently walk away and know the work would be done. We communicated by telephone and email. He really cares about his clients. For example, I needed to order two light fixtures for the kitchen. I found a style I liked, however, the store did not have two of the same, so I ordered my second choice. When I met with Norb, the lights were up in the kitchen and I just mentioned that I had originally picked some others, but could not figure out a way to get them since the pick-up store did not have two. When I saw pictures of the kitchen on Angie's List, I saw the lights had been changed to my first choice. Now that is above and beyond--but it is consideration and understanding of a client. He suggested storm doors for the house and I let him make the selection because I knew he would make a sound choice. He has a good understanding of his clients and is able to ascertain their likes, dislikes and does not offer solutions that are out of line, but are good and functional. Mr. Miller has been back to adjust items as we have found them that were part of the job and has done so to make sure the job was done right. We would definitely use Mr. Miller's company again
- Lakeside Kanga Roof.The ordering experience was educational . Dale the sales rep left samples , made suggestions and spent as much time as I need explaining. The materials were local and excellent quality. The crew leader, Lester was easy to deal with . His crew worked hard and fast . For some tricky trim work Lester proved he is a craftsmen with Tin Snip. They cleaned up meticulously at the end of the day. They like to do metal roofs in cold weather. These guys are hardy! Tammy the office manager is always jolly and helpful. They are going to do a second roof for me. Kanga Lakside may not the cheapest, but I got great value. Note : Remind them to clean the Gutters before installing gutter guards, ( they corrected gutters) Drive by 86 Cayuga St Trumansburg NY and Look from the street. ( I sleep days and work nights
- Gutter ManHe quoted a great price for seamless gutters, showed up on time and installed them in a professional manner.
- Gutter ManFirst we got a quote and was told that we would have to get down spouts put in. Also, he suggested that our down spouts need to be larger than we already had. He suggested an increase in size from 2x3 to 3x4. He gave us a quote at that time. The day before his men were going to come for the installation he came for cleaning the gutters and the Gutter man suggested that the current gutter were either above or below the eve trough and were installed using the spike and ferrel method (which is an old method). Looking from below the old gutters were looking fine but when he went up the latter to take a topical look, the shape of the gutters were not good. He and his men came and installed the gutters within a few hours and told us to go outside during the ran to make sure there are no leaks. We did find a couple places that we were concerned about where the joints were and his men came within a week and again the gutterman (Joe) came himself to make sure that everything was put in as it should have been. He does give lifetime warranty on his labor and we would def recommend him. Overall great experiance and he is a very nice old southern experienc
- Crown Construction IncThey do an excellent job and are true to their contract. They have very decent people working for them and they are expensive, but fair. They are professional and honest; the owner tells me what he thinks.
- Dave Marion CarpentryThe job was done quickly and neatly. As problems or choices became apparent, Mr. Marion called immediately and discussed them all with us and quoted the added expense accurately. The house looks much improved with the work done. I would certainly use Mr. Marion again.
- PJB Contracting LLCIt went perfectly from start to finish. Quotes were accurate, work was conducted in a timely and considerate fashion. PJB advised on various other home improvement concerns and recommended skilled people who turned out to be excellent (for example, for drywall repair).
- The Window BrokerThey did a great job. Showed up everyday until the job was complete. Made repairs as things were found under the old siding. It looks beautiful! The only thing is I wish they had pointed out we hadn't included the chimney and a small verification trim that I would have liked to have had included in the job
Gutter Repair Contractors in Ithaca
- Business Description:We install and repair seamless gutters in a variety of styles and materials. We can deal directly with homeowners or sub-contract under a general contractor. Contractor discounts are available. Payment terms are typically full payment by cash or check upon satisfactory completion of work, with invoicing available. Down payments may be required for special order colorsRecent Review:They were actually able to squeeze me in earlier than I was scheduled. Made my day. Great job and reasonably priced. Would definitely call them again.Andrew F.
- Business Description:Best Contracting specializes in Commercial and Residential exterior renovations including storm damage to Roofing, Siding, and Gutters. In addition our Best Contracting remodeling division offers Deck and Patio installs. Call us today to schedule a Free consultationRecent Review:I could not be happier with my experience with Best Contracting. From our first appt with Nate to the end of the process he was there ever step of the way to answer any, and all questions. Very professional, and easy going people. I would absolutely hire again if neededChristopher B.
- Business Description:Norb Miller General Contractor of Dundee, NY specializes in remodeling services for over 30 years. We have an exceptional reputation in the Finger Lakes Region for exceeding our customers' expectations. From kitchen additions, bathroom additions, remodeling and basement conversions to windows and siding, we are here to see your vision to a beautiful end result. Our fully insured company also helps in guiding and overseeing our valued customers' design process. When you want quality and afford..Recent Review:Norb quoted $500.00 to install a new kitchen sink. Then he has an “employee” call saying cost has gone up to $650.00 Would not recommend this company to anyone for anythingMario R.
- Business Description:Dewalt & Sons has been providing HVAC and general contracting services to the Steuben, Schuyler, Yates, and Chemung counties for nearly 45 years.Recent Review:I've already rated then once. They were the very best company I have ever hired. I would recommend them to anyone and definitely hire them again should I need their service. They were very professional.Shirley E.
- Business Description:At Nu-Life Resources it is our job to provide for your health and safety against dangerous and toxic mold. We will utilize the latest in technology utilizing thermal imaging, moisture, meters, and detailed laboratory analysis to identify & eliminate water and mold. We will contain the contaminated area using advanced negative pressure containment systems. Most importantly, we will remove the water source and mold so it will never return. It is our objective at Nu-Life Resources in partners..Recent Review:After a negative experience with a previous mold remediation company, we hired Nu Life. Jeff with his team not only did an excellent job removing the mold in our home, he answered all our questions, provided solid recommendations and guaranteed his work. I definitely trust his work and would easily recommend his company. Nu Life was a good ending to what had been a bad storyMargaret W.
- Business Description:Additional contacts: Jeffrey Fredrickson, EPA Lead-Safe Certified Firm, Certified Aging-in-Place Specialists; Certified Green Professional. Additional DBA - Crown Construction Properties LLC.Recent Review:The design and construction went very well. We were very pleased with the result. Crown Construction has done many projects for us over the years and we are always satisfied with their workmanship.Roger P.
- Business Description:At Ace Handyman Services, we want to help you love your home. You can expect the best in repair, remodeling, and/or routine maintenance. Our office is locally owned and operated by Nate and Amy Creery. We believe in providing exceptional customer service, fair pricing, and top-notch home maintenance solutions in the Southern Tier. We gladly provide the best quality workmanship in a timely manner. As a commitment to you, we guarantee all of our work and our handymen are bonded and insured for ..Recent Review:I made the phone call on Monday afternoon. A very professional young man was at my home Wednesday morning, and by the mid afternoon it was all fixed and looked like nothing had ever happened to it. I told him he was the answer to an old lady's prayer! The only drawback was the price, but in these times everybody needs to make enough to take care of themselves and their families, and he did spend quite a bit of time on itlinda B.
- Business Description:We are a local, family owned business helping hundreds of families in the Central New York area update their homes for over 10 years. Our staff is composed of true industry professionals and carpenters. We believe that our windows and siding are a solid investment during these hard economic times. We specialize in replacement energy star rated vinyl windows, maintenance free siding and bathroom remodeling. We’d love you to join the C. Michael familyRecent Review:I have called last week to request an estimate for replacing about 14-15 windows and siding. The conversation over the phone went well aside from a little pushy to ask to run my credit report to see if i would qualify for their financing and If i ever had filed bankruptcy. I answered truthfully that i have had in the passed ,years ago but since then my credit has been restored.We have set up a date for them to come up and give me an estimate in a weeks time.I got a phone call today when they ask to confirm tommorows appointment.At the time of the phone call i was informed that they need a "proof" that i have funds secured for the project before they can send anyone to give me their " free estimate".I informed the person on the phone that i have sufficient funds in cash in my bank account and asked what exact proof do they need of that. Apparently my " recent bankruptcy" (4-5 years ago) will not let them come out and give me an estimate. I canceled my estimate and will go with another company. The whole thing definitely left bad tasteAleksandra W.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339Recent Review:They was out of state and was not able to do work. Could not find someone in my area.L S.
- Business Description:Since 2008 Allstate Roofing and More, LLC has served the exterior home improvement needs of thousands of customers across Rochester and upstate New York. We began as a residential and commercial roofing company but as demand for other services grew, we added the “and More” to our name. Today we are thrilled to be able to offer our customers roofs, gutters, siding, windows, doors, driveways, sunrooms, and awnings. We have always had one simple goal-to provide the best to our customers. The bes..Recent Review:Allstate Roofing did a great job on my roof the crew was polite and very hard-working the sales person John came up with the roofing system that virtually eliminated damage we had gotten year after year from ice damning I highly recommend themHollie B.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful gutter repair contractor articles
Gutter replacement costs can vary depending on the size of your home and the type of gutters that need to be replaced. We’ll help you figure out the true cost of gutter replacement, along with what type of gutters are best for your home.
Searching for an eco-friendly and cost-effective upgrade to your propane grill? Hook it up to your home's natural gas line with the help of a pro and a DIY conversion kit. The process should only take about an hour and we’ll take you through it all.
Find gutter repair contractors in
- King Ferry
gutter repair contractors in Ithaca
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Best Contracting3624 E Newport Rd.
- Best Contracting
- C Michael Exteriors Inc6075 E Molloy Rd
Syracuse, New York
- C.T. Morrison home repair and general contracting462 Rogers Rd.
Wellsburg, New York
- Calstro Contracting811 W CHURCH ST
Elmira, New York
- Chad D Purdy Carpentrypo box 264
Trumansburg, New York
- Chuck's Painting186 Bird Cemetary Rd
Groton, New York
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- Crown Construction Inc176 Cortland Rd
Dryden, New York
- C Michael Exteriors Inc
- Emerald Seamless Gutter Corp120 Brushy Hill Rd
- Emerald Seamless Gutter Corp
- Gifted Hands Contracting8790 Shepherd Rd
Weedsport, New York
- Gifted Hands Contracting
- I will they won't
CORTLAND, New York
- I will they won't
- mmccoy construction26 Leatherstocking St
Cooperstown, New York
- mmccoy construction
- One Call Renovation238 Mulberry Ave
Elmira, New York
- One Call Renovation
- Pearson Construction Llc420 Upper Oakwood Ave
Elmira Heights, New York
- Pearson Construction Llc