Backyard Masters

Founded 2004 • With Angi since January 2012

3.9

912 Broadhollow Rd

Farmingdale, NY 11735

Backyard Masters is the premier backyard supercenter where people go to transform backyards into their own personalized vacation spots. Our massive showroom allows you to touch, feel and experience the possibilities Backyard Masters has to offer. With 15 pools, 40 hot tubs, 6 outdoor kitchens, and 30,000 square feet filled with patio furniture and grills on display, our seasoned professionals will help match you with the premium products you desire. Our customer service is incomparable on Long Island. We carry major name brands like Doughboy, Backyard Leisure, Hayward, San Juan, Waterway and Weber (just to name a few) at distributor prices thanks to our buying power. We extend all of our savings to our customers to enjoy. You will not be able to find lower prices anywhere else, we guarantee it! Speaking of guarantees, Backyard Masters guarantees you the best, most professional and straight-forward sales experience the industry has to offer. Whether you are looking for an aboveground or in ground pool, pool accessories and chemicals, hot tubs, outdoor furniture, outdoor kitchens or grills, Backyard Masters is THE place to go. Come visit our showroom to see what all the hype is about, we are worth the trip from anywhere! Second Location: 615 Sunrise Hwy, Blue Point, NY 11715. Do not forget to check our website for our weekly promotional offers....

05/01/2017

Brian C.

Salesman told us installation was included with purchase. Date of installation the installer tells us installation is not included and leaves us with a bill. Called the store and denied everything

Description of Work
Purchased a pool

11/17/2016

ANASTASIYA F.

received a wonderful advise regarding my tub maint. Very nice people who just dont want to take your your money. with a simple solution saved me $200-300 today. thank you

02/23/2016

James M.

I called Backyard Masters and spoke with Jesse who promptly scheduled a service call. Oscar arrived on schedule and was quickly able to diagnosis and make the required repairs. I am grateful and I recommend Backyard Masters as they are the exclusive dealer for Artesian Hot Tubs.

Description of Work
The Artesian Platnium Elite Hot Tub I had purchased in 2012 needed service for a leak.

08/28/2014

Michael T.

Description of Work
BM sold me a pool. Most parts arrived when expected. Others did not. I made multiple calls to the store only to be placed on hold for 20 minutes each time. Finally I was forced to show up at the store while the pool installation team was waiting at my home. Only then did I get the needed items which didn't even match my pool. The showroom people are great when you're buying something. Once they get your money, good luck getting anyone to speak to you. They are worse that a stereotypical used car salesmen.

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

06/30/2014

Robert C.

01/14/2014

Nora H.

Beautiful store. They had outside contractor who works exclusively for them install. Excellent job. Pleasant gentlemen. Very professional.

Description of Work
Purchased above ground pool.

08/22/2013

Rosemarie R.

We met with Lance in early January to discuss our plans for a backyard pool for a late April/early May installation date. Lance was very helpful and went over all our options of pools, including complete in the ground, semi in the ground, fiberglass, steel wall, etc. We went in knowing which features were important to us, such as a great heater, solar reel, etc We decided on a round semi in the ground doughboy that was able to have a deep end. We decided against a fiberglass pool because many of the styles did not fit the shape of our backyard or were too shallow for us. Lance helped us pick out our liner and we discussed the backyard measurements with him. For our backyard, the round size pool gave us more swimming area than an oval. After we finalized our pool selection, Lance put us in touch with the pool installer and the mason that will complete the paving work around the pool. It took a few weeks for the pool and all accessories to be delivered. Timing was not an issue to us since we ordered months in advance. Although we went to the backyard master location in Long Island, the Pool Installer, Dennis, came to us from Dizzy Deans, which is the Bronx location. Backyard Masters and Dizzy Deans are owned by the same people and your contractor may come from either location depending on where you live closest. Dennis came over right away and came us an estimate to install our pool. Our backyard is too small for big machinery to fit for the demolition. We were worried how the demolition was going to happen, but Dennis took care of everything and he and his team dug up our backyard, including breaking a big concrete slab, all by hand. It only took about a week or so for the pool to be installed. Bad weather delayed the installation here and there but of course that is not the contractor's fault. We felt our pool was up and running very quickly. Dennis made sure we understand how everything of the pool worked before leaving. We are very pleased with the pool and have been enjoying it all summer. I think it is key to start thinking of installing a pool around spring time or even earlier, so you have the current summer to enjoy. Also do some research before sitting down in the store so you know the pros and cons of different pool features. For example, do you want an electric heater or an automatic pool cover? Some items were left out of the original pool package when it was delivered, such as the pool pole to clean debris. However it only took a quick phone call to Dizzy Dean explaining what was missing, and I was able to pick up the missing item right in the store, hassle free. So while it was a little bit of an inconvenience that an item was missing, I felt that Backyard Masters and Dizzy Deans handled the mishap very well and we are very pleased with their service. Besides Lance, we also dealt directly with Dustin, Dean Jr, Tom and Matt. All were very nice and a real pleasure to deal with.

Description of Work
Backyard Masters installed a semi inground pool in my backyard.

Category pool cleaners,swimming pools

07/02/2013

Cat P.

First of all the store is filled with all kinds of beautiful eye candy and it smells like a pool! That is exactly what you want when you go into a pool store! Little vignettes that you can place in your own yard in your minds eye. We met Scott and we sat down with him we discussed our wishes and he seemed to understand it fully. Certainly we had a budget and discussed that we wanted the best quality for our hard earned money. I have to say that we got exactly that..... QUALITY products and services from Scott, the installers of the pool and the mason. We got a fabulous design and Scott held our hand the entire way. Little did we know what obstacles that man worked under. The support staff including the owner Dean Sr and son Jr, get in their own way. Although the yard is beautiful well built and fabulously designed, there were a few items that were forgotten. Like the clips that hold the rope and float that should be built into the side of the wall. Skimmer baskets and doors, the escutcheon plates that trim the handrail going into the pool and the tool that looks down the cover for winter storage. There was also a huge mixup by support staff as to when the digging was to take place, and who told the digger he could rip out my shrubs in front? The apologies from Elise were overflowing, situation straightened out, but ditzy is definitely the word! Sadly it hasn't gotten any better at the store, only worse. Scott has moved on and taken his tremendous talent and professionalism elsewhere. Elise has moved to sales and is way over her head. The following season when I went in to get the items we did not receive, I met the owners Dean. They were willing to do NOTHING to try and keep my business, I wanted to put in a grill island, but why use them when I had to jump through so many hoops to get my skimmer baskets!? They had a salesman Lance who really tried to keep me as a customer by promising us an hour of power vacuum when we opened this year. Lance was let go or ran away before we even opened and Dean the father wouldn't hear of spending $79 to keep us happy! So Taylor Fireplace in Franklin Square got the $$$ to build my island! It is beautiful. The power vacuum opening guy Jose, nice guy but he won't be back here. Shoddy busted equipment and worse than that he has to answer to Dean. Honestly we have a great pool with salt water system and pavers laid out expertly and done meticulously, but the Deans won't get another dime from me. Their customer service is lousy but done with a smile while they complain about being overworked. I did ultimately get my rope and float even though I had to find usable clips and install it myself, I got my skimmer baskets and door, won't get the escutcheon plates so I spent the $8 elsewhere. And the jury is still out on the cover lock down tool. So yes, love the pool, best wishes to Scott, Lance wherever you are and Cesar the expert pool builder who also flew the coop. But nope wouldn't give the Deans anymore of my time and certainly NOT another dime!

Description of Work
We were looking to redo the backyard and install an in ground pool where an above ground 15' round lived. Scott at Backyard Masters came to the house designed the yard completely with planting beds, eating area and steps down from the new back door onto our pavers. He fit in the largest pool that would reasonably fit our yard and give us space to entertain comfortably. Then he gave us a virtual 3D motion design of our home and how it would look with plants and seating areas.

Category swimming pools

Dunrite Chimney & Stove

Dunrite Chimney is a Long Island Fireplace & Chimney Company located in Centereach, New York. Dunrite Chimney and Stove has been servicing the Suffolk County area since 2000. Our commitment to excellent customer service and quality service sets us apart from the competition! Fax: (631) 648-3215 Voice Star: (866) 521-5875

Lucas Landscape and Masonry Design

I offer a service guaranteed your satisfaction, clean and detailed, with affordable prices.

Milestone Restoration & Roofing Inc

A BBB ACCREDITED COMPANY Milestone Restoration Inc specializes in Masonry Restoration, Brick Pointing, Brick Restoration, Cement stucco ,Flat Roofing Installations & Repair, Slate Roofing Repairs, and work related to Hanging Scaffolding and Pipe Scaffolding Services. With good reputation and over 30 years combined experience, we know how to give homes and businesses that "like-new" appearance while ensuring your Safety. Our basic categories include: brick tuck pointing, brick siding, scaffolding work , natural slate roofs,and flat roofs (our specialty). We don't use sub contractors because we like to monitor and complete all projects ourselves. DCA License #1405707 Exp. 02/28/2023 2014 Angie's List Super Service Award Winner - 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 2018 and 2019

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, Financing Available

Landscape & outdoor design - outdoor kitchens, awnings, pavers & flagstone, patios, stone & wood retaining walls, natural ponds & water features, landscape lighting, fire pits & barbecues, patio furniture sales. Pool & spa installation & service, pool cleaning, hot tub maintenance, pool liner repair & replacement