Biordi Construction Corp

Founded 1989 • With Angi since September 2009

18-20 130th St

College Point, NY 11356

Biordi Construction is consistently associated with the high standards of service, quality, personal attention to clients, and integrity. Because of this reputation the company has the privilege of leading some of the highest profile, often one-of-a-kind, projects in the US. Family owned & operated. Additional address - 194-17 Northern Blvd, Flushing, NY 11358. Additional fax number - (718) 357-5950, (718) 661-4013. Additional phone - (718) 961-7215....

09/11/2017

PERRI C.

However, I have been trying to contact them now for months about coming back to look at their work as there seems to be a problem. Ive called and left messages and emailed, never gotten any answers, responses. Assume they are still in business and understand how busy they may be, but to never ever respond to an inquiry, I dont understand that.

Description of Work
I had Biordi repair my front sidewalk 2 years ago after DOT notices in Queens, and they did an excellent job, no complaints about their work.

12/04/2016

Grace M.

The day before the job Ben came and explained in detail his plan for the job (how the driveway was going to be pitched and he gave options and was welcome to suggestions). He patiently listened and answered all questions. After he left we had a good understanding of what was going to be happening. Frank and his team were punctual, professional and cleaned up after themselves. After watching them work, I knew Frank and his team really cared about the quality of the job they were doing. People who also passed my driveway also complimented the work Frank and his crew did. They made a suggestion of also paving a part of the driveway we did not consider. This was a good call since it made the pitch of the driveway more effective. They finished the job on time and on budget. We would hire them again and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Demolition and removal of driveway. Repaved driveway 6" thick concrete.

05/04/2016

Sherry B.

When we called Biordi Contracting, Ben came to view the property and give us an estimate. He was professional, and patient with us. We had lots of questions and concerns which Ben addressed without rushing through them. We explained that we were nervous about doing this work because it was a big job and we've been "burned" by contractors before. He reassured us and said he would send us the proposal. We liked him immediately and we felt confident in choosing his company. We had called someone else from Angie's List but we chose Ben. He and his crew showed up bright and early on March 28th. They had all the permits already, and got right to work. Ben was working along side his men. We liked that; it showed respect for his workers. They worked as a team. Ben didn't charge us for fixing the bricks around the front garden. He said, don't worry about it, it's fine. The job took 5 days, and he said not to park on the driveway for about 1 week. We are concerned about the concrete cracking in the winter from road salt that the sanitation dept. spreads. He didn't think it would be a problem, but if anything happens, we have a 1 year guarantee, and they will come back to fix any problems. We feel confident in recommending Biordi Contracting to any one else. Thank you Ben.

Description of Work
They tore up our old and cracked asphalt driveway. This was a long driveway that went from the sidewalk to the back of our house by our garage. It also fanned out from our fence to our brick patio. They installed a drywell, too. We asked Ben to fix the sidewalk in front of the house, because it was never graded properly (from previous work done by a different contractor), and we were always getting a huge puddle of water there, as well as ice in the winter. There were loose bricks surrounding our front garden that needed some extra mortar. We discussed the difference between having 3000 psi, which he said would be sufficient. We called him back and said we wanted 4000 psi instead. It was an extra $500, which was fine.

Category concrete driveways

07/01/2015

Joseph D.

Price was higher than other estimates but Ben Biordi's expertise and knowledge were very impressive and his willingness and ease to answer detailed questions was appreciated. If money hadn't been so tight for me I would likely have used this company, and will consider them if/when I need masonry work done in the future.

Description of Work
Provided a quotation for repair of crumbling brick stoop. Price included work to remove & replace 4 steps, repair all cracks, rehab & patch cement capstones, grind out & re-cement all the rest of the stoop, fill a small area with concrete & stucco approx. 5' x 3' area.

Category masonry

06/27/2015

Frank D.

All personnel, from those working in the office to the men installing the sidewalk deserve an A+ rating. Everyone was professional, patient, knowledgeable, and extremely hard-working, resulting in an excellent job extremely well done in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Installed new sidewalk

06/05/2015

Deborah P.

I did not hired the company.

Description of Work
I never hired this provider because his estimate was so high as to be completely ridiculous. I had someone do my driveway for 1/3 of the price that Biordi charged. Don't go near them!

07/10/2014

Jo L.

I had a big job done and he did an outstanding job. They came to do my neighbors driveway and I asked them to do a little patch job and it was excellent. They were all very nice and pleasant.

Description of Work
He did my sidewalks, a set of steps 3 years ago and recently did a patch job on my landing.

06/17/2014

Gordon A.

No call back or response.

Description of Work
Never got back to me, in all fairness, it could have been an oversight.

06/12/2014

Donna H.

The workers arrived on time and were very professional, neat, pleasant and highly skilled... Am very happy with my new driveway. Kidoos for a job well done.

Description of Work
After some nice reviews on Angie's List, I hired Biordi Construction to replace an old and broken up asphalt driveway with a concrete one approximately 56 feet long. The owner was very pleasant to deal with and was back and forth the entire time checking to make certain all was okay

03/29/2014

Doris M.

From Estimate to finished job, Frank & Ben were responsive and accommodating. It was a small job by some standards, approx. 18 x 15 area but required break up of old slurry and it's removal, addition of 4" cement, wire and vapor barrier. All carried by hand as truck couldn't get to back yard access. I had suggested the vapor barrier. Original price was $2500 but then realized peripheral gaps were not included-- and that omission cost additional $250. Workers were polite and cleaned up after themselves. All done in one day. The only down side was it seems their clean-up water was dumped along a length of a flower bed so I'll have to scrape that stuff up...no biggie but worth mentioning.

Description of Work
Basement concrete slab

Category concrete repair, basement waterproofing

03/15/2014

Mary K.

He was very nice, worked hard and I would reccomend him.

Description of Work
replaced broken pipe It went well.

10/10/2013

Catherine I.

It was very good. The workers were very nice and on time. They cleaned up the best they could. I was satisfied.

Description of Work
They did repairs on the foundation.

Category foundation repair

08/28/2013

Joseph V.

Biordi Construction was hired to replace a very old and broken concrete driveway. I called them after reading some nice reviews and they arrived on schedule to perform an appraisal of the job and quickly submitted a written proposal of the work. Their price was reasonable and they were hired. An opening in their schedule appeared and they proposed doing the work within days of receiving my deposit (10%). They began on Friday August 24, 2013. How'd it go? SPECTACULAR. They crew of 5 arrived early on a Saturday morning and poured the cement. Every man knew his job and it was obvious they were an experienced team. The crew were pleasant and seemed to enjoy their work! They improved the layout of the driveway by adding some better angles and slopes. They added the borders and edge lines exactly as I requested. They even made a spot repair to the front porch which wasn't part of the project and they did a great job on this too. Michael (my point of contact for most of this project) was on-site and then his uncle also appeared later in the day to inspect and advise. Everybody was courteous and highly professional in their manner. After most of the work was done two workers stayed on to re-set large bricks that were part of the neighbor's side of the driveway. Great care and time was taken to ensure the fit and finish were done properly. When they were done and cleaned up you would never know anyone was there except to see the beautiful new pristine driveway. They roped off the area at my request and let us hold on to safety cones too for a few days. Basically, if you have an idealized image in your mind of what a cement job should look like at your home or if you could imagine seeing this kind of work portrayed in a movie, this is what you get with Biordi Construction. Flawless, Professional, Courteous, Reasonable, and Worry-Free. A winner.

Description of Work
Replace concrete driveway

06/10/2013

Tony D.

Excellent workmanship at a good price. The job was completed in two days in a professional manner. Ben and his brother Frank were at the job site both days. Frank stayed both days and answered every question I had. He oversaw the work and made sure it was done correctly. This is not a small time company. Heavy machines like a Bobcat were brought in to expedite the work. City permits were obtained and the company did not cut corners. My property was left clean and free of debris upon completion. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced 11 city flags of sidewalk. Removed and replaced approx 65 ft of broken city curb. Removed and replaced approx 20 ft of garden curb and three small walkways. All debris to be carted away.

06/07/2013

Josephine G.

They were clean, efficient, and wonderful. The owners kept their appointments, and were always on top of things. They called before they got here and were on time every day. The quality of the work was excellent. I had special circumstances and they worked around them. I dealt with Frank and Ben. They were both wonderful. They also ensured the safety of passerbys by securing the area they were working on.

Description of Work
They laid a concrete driveway for me and installed a fence.

Category concrete driveways, fencing

05/23/2013

Konrad T.

I assume they removed the concrete (was not there), poured new concrete and smoothed it out.

Description of Work
Dug up old concrete and put in new concrete.

04/23/2013

Amit V.

From contacting them to receive a quote, to the final inspection of the finished job, we were very please with the communication, professionalism, and workmanship of the Biordi team. They did not hesitate to provide the proper documentation for insurance and licencing for their services. The work they produced was excellent. Overall, they met and/or exceeded all of our expectations and we will definitely use their services in the future. :) Thanks to the entire team for their hard work!

Description of Work
Ben and his team did an EXCELLENT job. We requested a smooth finish patio to liven up the backyard and they went beyond the call of duty to provide exactly what we were looking for. They even worked with us to adjust our design so that it was more efficient, including adding a slightly slopped gradient for proper drainage which alleviated the need to install a cast iron drain in the center and they added an additional step to the stairway leading to the basement to make it safer. When finishing off the top coat, they were able to make a smooth finish surface with beautiful geometric lines exactly to our specifications. In addition, they assisted with laying down and leveling new fence posts. We couldn't be happier with their performance.

Category concrete repair, stamped concrete

03/01/2013

Patricia M.

Excellent quality work. This company is very professional and I appreciate their respectful and courteous manner. I felt the price was fair.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced sidewalk, provided permits, installed wire mesh for reinforcement

Category masonry

01/30/2013

PAUL B.

I had a badly deteriorated sidewalk and front stair/stoop with a lawn border curb which I finally resolved to have repaired before winter. I checked Angie's list and liked what I read about Biordi Construction so I called. Frank Biordi came out on Wednesday and gave me an estimate and written proposal which I accepted and dropped off at his office on Friday. He told me that he would submit the paperwork for the city permit on Monday and expected to have the job scheduled and completed within 2 weeks. On the way home, I got a pleasant surprise when his brother Ben called and told me that he could have a crew begin demolition and prep work immediately on Monday while they waited for the permit approval. The 3 man crew came early and had the demolition completed, forms for the steps and sidewalk installed and the concrete for the new lawn curb poured so that it would set before the separate pour for the steps. On Tuesday, the concrete truck delivered the mix and the crew's real skill became evident with the troweling and smoothing work that they did. They also did a beautiful job with the driveway cuts making a tapered and distinct entry. Because of the rainy weather forecast, they covered the area with a tarp to protect the surface and speed the curing of the concrete. When they returned later in the week to remove it, they installed caulking between the sidewalk plates and gave me the approved city permit. The new steps came out great and the sidewalk is safe and attractive. Even though the raw material may be the same for all, you can really see the difference when skilled people do the work. Thank you Biordi for a terrific job.

Description of Work
Sidewalk and Step repair

01/16/2013

Ketan P.

They were great. He did the work when he said he would and at the estimate he said he would do it at. The quality of work was great.

Description of Work
I used Biordi Construction to replace a concrete pad.

10/24/2012

Alix M.

They were professional. They were accurate and on time.

Description of Work
They did some roof repairs including new roof shingles.

10/11/2012

Nancy T.

I was very pleased with Biordi Construction, from start to finish. Ben Biordi, one of the owners, gave the estimate and oversaw the job. He was very prompt in arriving at appointments. The amount of deposit that he required was low. He was able to schedule the job very soon after signing. The job began on the scheduled date and was finished by 3 pm. First, the crew removed the old concrete walkways. Then, they dug up the part of the lawn that was becoming a walkway, transporting the soil and grass to areas that were no longer to be covered with concrete. The crew made sure I liked the shape made by the forms and made adjustments to keep me happy (and quot;more curve hereand quot;, and quot;a little wider thereand quot;). They checked the level of the forms to make sure water would drain away from the house and toward the sidewalk. Before pouring, Ben Biordi arrived to make sure that the forms and levels looked okay, and he stayed throughout the pouring and much of the finishing. The crew was very artistic in the finishing of the concrete, using brooming and edging. I am very happy with the job and I would gladly recommend Biordi Construction Corp. Of course, it would be nice to know how many years the concrete will look perfect, but I don't think it is fair to wait that long before posting a review.

Description of Work
The job was to replace two narrow concrete walkways that connected the front of my house to the sidewalk, by redesigning them into one wider "Y"-shaped walkway. The original main walkway was curved for a graceful look, and I wanted the replacement to be similar.

09/24/2012

Lourdes F.

Mr Biordi promptly responded to my inquiry and met with me the same day for an evaluation of the work to be done and an estimate. I explained to him what I wanted and he told me my options. He measured the area and said he would send an estimate. I received an email later that day with an estimate that met with my approval. I signed the contract and returned it with the required deposit and we agreed on a date for work to begin. The workers arrived promptly on the appointed day and began work. I had a friend who is in construction come by and he kept an eye on things and spoke with the workers and Mr Biordi who arrived to supervise. The workers knew their job and proceeded in a professional manner. They worked right through without taking a formal lunch break. They even fixed my back step which needed attention. They finished right on time and took all their debris with them. Mr Biordi came around later to check the work and collect the balance of the payment. Both my friend, and my neighbor, who is also in construction, were impressed with the workmanship. I do believe both asked for his card. I would highly recommend this person and his company for concrete pour/repair.

Description of Work
Installation of dry well and resurfacing of dog run about 10' x 24'. Work included ripping up of old concrete, digging about 5'x5' hole to place 2 barrels to collect water, pouring new concrete at proper pitch for good drainage. Installation of grid over catch basin.

09/16/2012

Edwin F.

Overall, it was a great job. He did what he said he would do when he said he would do it and then some. He also added small touches that I didn't think of that added to the overall appearance and fuctionality of the space. I will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Biordi first waterproofed cellar and rebuilt window wells. He did a very nice job of restoring the existing pavers and landscaping. I liked the work, so I had him relevel and redesign the rear yard and replace the pavers. In the process, he also installed a drywell and added a path from the patio to the garage. He repitched the yard to improve water runoff .

Category concrete repair, masonry, basement waterproofing, mudjacking

11/07/2011

denise M.

I got other price quotes, and they were the most reasonable. They did follow up and clean ups. They were on time. The owner of the company was there to oversee the workers. He stayed there the whole time for 6 hours. I liked that a lot.

Description of Work
They waterproofed my basement. They put in sump pump in and drainage around the floor.

Category basement waterproofing, wells