Signature Audio Video Systems LLC

01/01/2099

164 Kettle Creek Rd

Toms River, NJ 08753

www.signatureavs.com

Custom Home and Residential Audio Video Installation, Sales and Design. Networking, CCTV Installation and sales.

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched
We offer estimates and quotes using video calling
We accept remote payment

Signature AVS offers free estimates in the area of Home Theater, Multi-Room Audio, Video and Audio Distribution, Outdoor AV systems, Security Cameras, AV consultation, and design. We can also take your existing equipment and optimize it as well as offer you advice as to how we can add particular equipment to bring it up to date. We offer a wide array of universal remote controls, in all price ranges, that make your viewing or listening experience easier and user friendly. We pride ourselves on the fact that we make everything a pleasure to use. We have 4 employees consisting of the lead project manager/owner,2 techs and an electrician. The owner came from playing in a rock band for 15 years who decided to settle down and use his love for music to do whole house, indoor or outdoor audio systems. That eventually included video systems also. We also do commercial and residential security systems. We have covered a large area of the east coast from North Conway, New Hampshire to East Hampton, Long Island and as far south as Miami, Fl and west to Santa Monica, California. We try to stay in the NY, NJ, and PA. area. From Cape May, NJ to Dutchess County, NY. Long Island, NY to eastern PA. We listen to what you want and expect, including your budget and go on to design a system that takes all of your ideas into account. We are not afraid to tell you when we think there is a better way and if we feel that you want to spend money on something that is not worth it, we tell you. On the other hand, if we feel there is something that you should lay out a few more dollars for, we will tell you that also. The owner is a father of four and has been married for 15 years. He is committed to making your experience a stress free one by: showing up on time, returning phone calls, no suprise charges, calling if they are running late (happens very seldomly), respects your home or office, respects your property and family, and only does the quality type of work that will inspire you to refer him to your friends and family. Please give us a call and you will hear that there is a human being on the other side of the line LISTENING TO YOUR NEEDS AND WANTS AND NOT SHOVING HIS IDEAS DOWN YOUR THROAT. Won 2015 Super Service Award!...

home theater installation (48)home automation (7)electrician (5)home security systems (2)

03/08/2022

Mike C.

Great. It was a tricky project involving the replacement of routers and installation of access points inside and outside. Howard and his crew are great. They are amazingly patient and have returned on their own a few times to test things out. Ours is a second home and Howard has become a trusted friend. We have no current choice but to use Optimum for Internet, and they are very difficult to work with especially their substandard equipment. Howard continues to support us as we work through some access point issues. Thanks Howard! All the best to you always.

Description of Work
Access points, home theater, multiroom audio

Category home theater design,home security systems,tv sales,home automation

Work Completed On 03/01/2022

06/24/2020

Ann A.

I would highly recommend SAVS. Quality products and work performance. Excellent, courteous, professional employees and they did a great clean up job upon completion. I would definitely hire them again for future jobs.

Description of Work
Installed Sound System

Work Completed On 06/18/2020

Thank you for your kind words. Stay safe and call for any of your future projects.

06/19/2020

Fred K.

good job. Showed up on time and did the job efficiently

Description of Work
install security cameras

Category home security systems,home automation

Work Completed On 06/10/2020

Thank you [Member Name Removed] for your continued business. Be well.

05/19/2020

siwei Y.

they did a good job on getting the TV mounted

Description of Work
install and mount 65" TV on the wall

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

Thank you. Please contact us when you want the cameras installed.

01/11/2020

Brenda S.

Howard is the best. He is the nicest and most patient guy. He came out to my house twice to try to mount a Samsung flatscreen television that had a defective bracket. The first time he came out he got on the phone with Samsung customer service, and they sent over a new mounting kit. When he came over the second time, he realized the new mounting kit still have the wrong size screws but he was patient through the whole thing and helped me out with Samsung customer service again.

Description of Work
Flat screen television mounted to wall

Work Completed On 01/11/2020

I did the same tv that you have yesterday and everything worked out perfectly. The screws that came with it worked. Hope Samsung was able to resolve your issue. Best of luck.

11/30/2018

Sysadmin N.

They showed up time - and listened to my high-demand of request. Performed the job quickly and cleaned everything up. The price was exactly within our budget and they ability to meet our schedule was within range.

Description of Work
Hang 3 55" TVs

Work Completed On 11/30/2018

09/22/2018

Chris B.

Excellent. Professional job, fast response

Description of Work
Television installment

Category electrician,home theater design

Work Completed On 09/22/2018

08/20/2018

Venkatesh S.

I found SAVS on AngiesList and called. Howard visited for a recce, gave ball-park pricing. Knew his stuff, and gave me timelines and an idea of what I will get. I agreed and scheduled instantly. Howard came on the scheduled day with his colleague Shane; they got everything done over 3 visits. I did not have to call for follow-ups; they were thorough professionals; courteous and focused on the task in hand. Would I hire SAVS again? Certainly. Would I recommend them to my friends? Absolutely. Thanks AngiesList. SAVS = Signature Audio Video Systems.

Description of Work
Rewire Home Theater system; replace Receivers and install new Center-speaker & sub-woofer, wall-mount 2 TVs, program 2 universal remotes, and fire up 2 external zones.

Work Completed On 08/17/2018

06/06/2018

Qiana C.

THE SERVICE WAS GREAT , FROM THE WOMEN WHO RESPONDED TO MY INQUIRY TO HOWARD ARRIVING AT MY HOUSE. BEING AS THOUGH IT WAS A LAST MINUTE INSTALL , HE WAS ON TOP OF EVERYTHING , KNEW OUR PRODUCTS AND VERY NICE. I WASN'T EXPECTING TO GET SOMEONE OUT THE SAME DAY BUT HE CALLED AND STATED HIS ETA AND ARRIVED PROMPTLY. I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND HIM AND THE CO AGAIN.

Description of Work
INSTALLING TV MOUNT

Work Completed On 06/02/2018

12/17/2017

Lisa M.

They are first class! The installation was seamless--everything works perfectly!!

Description of Work
Complete Home Entertainment was installed by Howie and his team. TVs, Sonos and installation & Full Set-up. I will now ONLY use SAVS.

Work Completed On 12/17/2017

Thank you for your kind words. You both were a pleasure to work with. We are looking forward to working with you in the future. Have a Happy Holiday and a Happy New Years. Sincerely, Howie

11/19/2017

Meghan M.

Howard and his team were great. They were prompt, did great work, and were a pleasure to talk too. He was affordable and took great care in making sure we liked his work. I would definitely hire him again!!

Description of Work
Mounting TV

Work Completed On 11/19/2017

Thank you for your kind words. Have a happy land healthy holiday and New Years. Sincerely, Howard

10/27/2017

Rob K.

smooth. did an excellent job. very professional and clean

Description of Work
hung tv and hid wires

Work Completed On 10/27/2017

10/08/2017

Dax P.

Howard and his team installed a Sonos playbar on a wall and setup a sub and Sonos application. He is a very experienced and nice guy. His service was excellent at a reasonable price.

Description of Work
Install a Sonos playbar on a wall and setup a sub and Sonos stereo system.

Work Completed On 09/30/2017

Thank you for taking the time to send a review. We hope you have a Happy and Healthy Holiday season. Sincerely, Howard

06/15/2017

Susan S.

Chris and Matt were extremely professional,came at the time allocated,removed Old TV stand to make room for wall mount TV. They cleaned up the area, removed excess wires and vacuumed Around the floor. I would highly recommend this company, it's rare to find a reputable company that values your business. Chris and Matt even helped my husband and I move the old stand to the garage.

Description of Work
Mount our T.V to the wall.

Category Uncategorized

Work Completed On 05/31/2017

06/07/2017

Mariana R.

To start, they didn't show up the day they were suppose to. Howard said his previous job ran over ( which now in hindsight I am not surprised because my job which should have taken no more than two hours, ended up taking a whole morning) The day we had originally scheduled Howard decided to send one of his guys who first thought I was on a completely different street, then because he couldn't find parking gave up and never actually came over. no professionalism. Howard showed up for the rescheduled appointment a couple days later. He was nice enough but took a WHOLE morning on a job that should have taken a quick two hours MAX. AND he 'forgot' to bring the flat extension cord he said he would bring. So he said he would come back on Monday to install the flat extension cord. I followed up for the next two weeks and he just stopped responding to my text messages!!! Again, ZERO professionalism. I would not recommend this company, mediocre job and no punctuality, and simply stopped responding to my very cordial and patient requests for him to come do what he said he would do. and he charged way too much. He concealed three extension cords and put up two small speakers.

Description of Work
I needed to conceal some electronic cords and put up some speakers on the walls.

Work Completed On 05/11/2017

Review for Signature Audio Video Systems LLC - 164 Kettle Creek Rd, Toms River, NJ - 35198557

05/03/2017

Angela C.

We hired SAVS to install cameras on our property, we were having issues and being harassed. Thanks to Howard we were able to catch this criminal. Howard was extremely helpful during this process and helped us as much as we need it. We will highly recommend them to everyone.

Description of Work
Surveillance cameras

Work Completed On 03/06/2017

02/06/2017

Joanna R.

Excelent- good service and affordable.

Description of Work
TV mount over a fireplace

Work Completed On 02/01/2017

Thank you for the kind review. It was a pleasure serving your needs.

02/02/2017

lauren M.

This company completely screwed us on a home installation we had booked. We were on a tight deadline to get our project completed, and this company carelessly moved our appointment from morning to afternoon (on a weekday) without consulting us on if that time worked for us. It didn't. They claim the reason why they moved the appointment is because we didn't put them in touch with our building manager in time which was completely bogus - We sent them the sufficient information and COI forms more than 48 hours before the install and they failed to follow up or notify us of any outstanding needs. When we pushed back about our appointment being moved without our knowledge, they rudely told us to use someone else if we didn't like it. I cannot vouch for their work, but I can say that their customer service is abysmal.

Description of Work
Provider was scheduled to install sound bar and speakers

Work Completed On 02/02/2017

Sadly much of the information the member has written is inaccurate. Communications started back on January 19th. The husband was the one that was emailing us back and forth, and didn't want to communicate with us via the phone. We wanted to be accommodating and worked with the member as best we could, so we emailed back and forth with over 20 emails. We answered many questions and helped him pick what seems like the best fit for his needs ( member's review comment was we charged $300 but we only quoted him $150). The same week the installation was scheduled for the member they said their property managing company for their complex needed a COI from us in order to allow us to perform work in one of their buildings. (Date & Time: Sunday, January 29th at 8:36 PM) We told them we can certainly provide the COI with the Sample COI the property manager provides. The member said they would get the sample COI over to us. We didn't get anything until 3 days later, after we emailed them to remind them we still needed the COI information. We told them we still needed the COI along with information of whom to send the completed document and how they want to receive the COI (fax/email, etc.) We didn't receive anything until the day before we were scheduled to come do the installation. Installation was scheduled on Friday, February 3rd with an arrival time between 9:30 AM and 10:30 AM. The last email correspondence from the member was February, Thursday the 2nd at 12:50 PM from them still without answers to previous questions we kept asking them to provide. (Unanswered Questions were: Property Managing Company's contact information, COI Sample, and preferred COI delivery method. Plus, still no answer on if we are supplying the mounts for the speakers. At this point we emailed the member to request we push back the installation arrival time to about 11:00 AM to allow the member to still get the COI to our broker to fill out and send back to the property manager, and allow the property manager time to give us the okay to be on the property to perform the work. This email sprung on the first phone call we had with the member, which resulted in the member immediately cursing at us and saying things that would make any company question if this is the kind of person they would want to work with. After cursing to us they threatened to use another company, and we did reply that is their choice if they choose. We were not rude and wouldn't want to stoop that low. We have excellent grades and unfortunately we regrettably would understand if we did something wrong, but in this instance I feel like the grade doesn't match the effort we put forth in trying to win over the member and do the right thing.

12/20/2016

Michele L.

I received a call the next day and was scheduled within a week. From the initial call to sCheadle the work to the cleanup done at job's end, everyone was completely professional. The TV looks great. Would definitely hire Howard Cohen and SAVS again.

Description of Work
I needed a 55 inch television mounted on a wall. I bought a "Deal" for $150.

Work Completed On 12/20/2016

08/22/2016

John C.

They did a great job with everything and made sure to test everything. When I had a small issue Howard came back right away to correct it and take care of some add on items I had.

Description of Work
Howard came back for phase 2 of my project to connect my 7.1 surround AV receiver, speakers, network my devices and mount 3 TVs. He had previously run all the wiring in the walls when the house was still being built

Work Completed On 08/01/2016

07/01/2016

Margaret C.

Howard called to let me know they were running behind and gave a new estimate for arrival time. When he and his assistant arrived, they were able to quickly problem solve and completed the work in a neat and efficient manner. Howard stuck to the price quoted over the phone. He answered all questions and was pleasant and professional to deal with.

Description of Work
Install wall mount and set up 40" tv.

Work Completed On 06/29/2016

06/15/2016

Xiaomin H.

Howard is very professional. Recommended!

Description of Work
Home theater pre-wiring

Work Completed On 06/12/2016