Pump Doctor LLC

Founded 2006 • With Angi since August 2012

112 Rollins Trl

Hopatcong, NJ 07843

2015 Super Service Award Winner! Pump Doctor LLC is a family owned and operated business established in 2006. We specialize in well pumps, well tanks, well water maintenance, water conditioning, water filtration & more! We offer 24hr emergency service and we stand by our products offering warranties that you will not get from anywhere else!...

05/16/2019

Michele S.

Charlie was professional, got right to work and diagnosed the problem. We would call him again.

Description of Work
Well issue diagnosis

12/29/2018

Steven K.

Charles (Pump Doctor) was able to quickly and throughly diagnose the low water pressure in our 1864 built farm house in Wantage, NJ. He explained the most likely causes of wear and tear on the Gould well pump that was going on 29 years old from its install date in the existing well. The Pump Doctor is very well versed and extremely willing to show the home owner how to care for and maintain your well equipment which was very helpful and appreciated. I would highly recommend Charles and the Pump Doctor team for your well maintenance needs.

Description of Work
Well pump replaced.

10/11/2017

Glenn J.

Charlie came over within an hour and checked the electrical first. It turned out to be just a electric switch. He was very knowledgeable and we hit it off right away. It was like your uncle came to fix your pump!

Description of Work
My well pump stopped working

09/25/2017

Steve P.

Charlie was prompt and responsive first to diagnose the general problem and then to fix it once I uncovered the pipe. I opted to dig it myself and texted Charlie the exposed and accessible view. He and Vaughn were there the next morning. Leak resolved!

Description of Work
Our well pump had a leak at the base from the pipe feeding to the house.

07/07/2017

Joseph R.

The Pump Doctor was professional, punctual, friendly, and very reasonably priced !

Description of Work
I had a problem with air in the water lines causing the pipes to bang. I called Charlie The Pump Doctor and he was at the house within a half hour, diagnosed the problem in no time. 1) the well pump was bad which he had on the truck and replaced it that morning. He took the time to show me the bad parts in the old pump and as a bonus he was $200 less expensive than the pump Co. I used 8 years ago. 2) The pressure tank was leaking air so he ordered a new one came back replaced it and all is well with my plumbing Thanks to Charlie 5 Stars to the Pump Doctor wish I had found him sooner !!!

Category plumbing,wells

06/06/2017

yanira A.

I have water again. They did a great job

Description of Work
my well pump broke they can in explained the procedure. very professional and nice people and they gave us a good price

03/25/2017

Matthew B.

I waited to call Charlie during normal business hours( I figured out how to survive by rapidly clear the toilet valves after 5-6 flushes, faucets and washing machine, so it wasn't a super urgent emergency, but it needed fixed and it was almost close to beyond what I can do) and sure enough he answered on the first call. I explained the scenario and severity, he asked me some symptom questions, then walked me through what I needed to do...mainly completely flush the tank a handful of times more than my initial 1 flush during the pressure-set, and set the pressures to the correct tank spec ( not 10% above like I had). Charlie reassured me that I wasn't really wasting a lot of water and that likely my well wasn't running out of water. He also gave me some pointers on amperage ranges to measure for on the pump itself in order to determine whether there is a pump issue, and also walked me through installing a low cost sediment filter. And if I had an issue after doing all that, then to call him back for a check and help. Well, I did exactly what he told me and my water system and my water appliances/fixtures are all now in better than new condition (my pressure was never set properly when we moved in). Took me a about 8 hours to get all my plumbing cleared out since I let all that accumulated sediment and junk in. Now I have little to no sediment again. Don't touch your well tank if it's never ever been touched...if you want your pressure reset, then give Charlie a call. If I need anything fixed or replaced in my system, I will call him again! Thanks for the help!

Description of Work
I performed a well tank pressure adjustment on my 9 year old well tank which had never been adjusted or cleared out...and literally stirred up a serious problem. After inflating my tank and setting the pressure switch, I had very excessive and continuous amounts of sediment coming out of all my cold water appliances....probably dumping into the hot water tank too. It was an unpleasant disaster.

03/23/2017

Ed R.

Having never had a well pump issue in the 30 years I've lived here, I didn't know who to contact. After checking Angie's list I saw all the great reviews for Charlie and his son so I called them. He apologized that he couldn't get here that day but arrived the next day ahead of schedule. They assessed the problem and had several pumps in his van and was able to fix my issue right there and then. The price was very reasonable and they worked quickly. I needed a filter for my house because of the sediment that the new efficient pump created and Charlie installed that for me which solved the problem. Overall, I was very pleased with the quick response and quality work they they performed. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Installed new well pump and filter

01/30/2017

Anthony E.

Saturday night we ran out of water with our well pump not working and buzzing sound from control box. I call on Sunday around noon hoping to get someone to come out first thing Monday morning. Charlie answered the phone, asked me a few questions and said he may have my pump on the truck, and I was shocked he showed up within the hour! He quickly determined it was a failed pump (it was approx 23 years old) with high amp draw and no pressure. He had it out and replaced within 3 hours! I never write reviews as i am a regular DIYer and Engineer that has high standards. I have come to the realization that if you want something done right you have to do it yourself. I have been disappointed far too many times by "professionals" that cut corners, or do shoddy work, overcharge, and act like they are doing you a favor. There are few things i am not willing to do myself, but in times like a no water situation with a family of 4 I have to trust an expert to get it done quickly, and i prey to God i find someone honest that does not take advantage of my unfortunate situation. I must say Charlie and Joe were by far the exception to what i normally experience when hiring professionals. They were fast, use high quality materials, did high quality work, and were reasonably priced. Exceptional customer service which is unfortunately almost non-existent these days. I believe that Charlie worked on my pump replacement the same way he would have done for his own home. I paid attention to every detail like: replacing the built in plastic check valve in the pump with a robust stainless steel add on to replacing all the wiring, adding a piece to control pump torque, and wire guides. They exceeded my expectations and would not hesitate to call them again or better yet refer them to my friends, family, and neighbors which is a true testament. Thanks again Charlie and Joe, keep doing what you are doing and don't change a thing!

Description of Work
Diagnose and repair a no water situation

01/17/2017

Ewa B.

Reliable and on time for work. Very honest. I highly recommended this business.

Description of Work
Well pump repair

United Well and Pump Service LLC

We specialize in well pump services and repairs, water tanks, water treatments, water heaters, and more! We have industry experience since 2010 and opened our own company in 2020! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Performance Plumbing & Heating

Our mission is to be a plumbing/heating service provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate today!

THE POLITE PLUMBER

NJ MASTERS PLUMBERS LICENSE #: 10597. MEMBER OF THE BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU NJ PUMP LICENSE # 1962 NJ PUMP INSTALLERS LICENSE #: 1962.

Yes within a reasonable distance.
    Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

Well Pumps, Water Filters, Well Tanks, Water Tanks, Well pump repair or installation, Water Heaters, water softening & conditioning units, water filtration. Anything that has to do with your well water, we can take care of!