AdvantaClean Of Charlotte

Founded 1994 • With Angi since July 2004

107 Parr Dr

Huntersville, NC 28078

Founded in 1994, AdvantaClean and its affiliates have established themselves as premier providers of essential services related to indoor air quality in the residential and commercial market segments. Our services include emergency water removal, mold remediation, air duct cleaning and other related services....

07/19/2017

Ron A.

Very well. There were two men who worked for 6 hours with maybe 2 breaks of 10 minutes. One of the men has done this type of work in 28 states including 2 years in New Orleans following Katrina

Description of Work
Eliminate mold in the duct system

08/16/2015

Mary H.

I didn't have any services completed due to the inconvenient hours and the cost.

Description of Work
I requested information regarding having my dryer vent cleaned via their website. I received a call back within 10 minutes. Was told that even though their website lists weekend hours, they do not make appointments on the weekends. Only M-F with the first appointment at 9 and the last at 3. This isn't mentioned on their website and since I have to work, this would not be something I could do. The quote I received for a dryer vent cleaning was $325.

Category mold removal, dryer vent cleaning

08/13/2015

phyllis M.

Two workers came to my home today and told me they could not complete the work originally that was agreed upon.They called a supervisor and the supervisor backed them up and told them not to do the work and they left. Very unprofessional and would not recommend them for future jobs and will not use them in the future.

Description of Work
Found them through an outside vendor and decided to hire them to do my work. Josh came to my home 7/21 and gave me a written estimate and told me all the work needed and they could complete the job.

06/18/2014

Robert W.

Lyle came out right away after hours and quickly identified the source of a water leak in our bathroom. He had the right tools to trace the leak, test moisture in our walls and floors and we worked through a solution. Turned out to be a relatively small issue and his price was very fair. Great service!

Description of Work
Identified and remediated a water leak.

Category water damage restoration, air duct cleaning

06/12/2014

Palmer T.

Nick spent a good amount of time under our house helping us determine the source of the moisture. We have several things to do before we need his services again but we would call him in a hurry.

Description of Work
The provider came to help us diagnose a problem and he was great. The way it worked out, there are steps to be taken before we need their service... but they helped us determine the steps. Nick was helpful, savvy, and worked for us to understand the why's as well as the what to do's.

06/06/2014

Sharon B.

I think that company was fine. We've been pleased with them. I think they were an A company. I think the price was okay for us. They're a great company.

Description of Work
We had a problem a few years ago and they just come out and check it out once a year. We had plastic installed. We had mold and mildew remediation. I think it's the one who came out and just checked to make sure we didn't have any water problems with our sump pump or drainage issues under the house.

05/26/2014

Bill M.

They were very responsive and I felt they went the extra mile to make sure everything was at its best. Jerry took personal control of the project and was very personable and professional. I plan to have them back to put down a vapor barrier.

Description of Work
He excavated a water soaked kitchen and crawl space. Then removed all moisture from damaged area.

01/22/2014

Ann K.

very responsive and punctual

Description of Work
provided quote for mold remediation

01/07/2014

Donna B.

The two-man crew arrived promptly and worked all day to remove old insulation and scrub mold from the crawlspace. The furnace needed to be off while they worked because of the equipment involved. When they left, they took all the refuse and left not a trace. The problem appeared when I turned the furnace back on and nothing happened. After trying several options to get the furnace working, I contacted AdvantaClean by way of their on-line customer service chat function. Natalie immediately contacted the area manager, Ron, who arranged for a Morris Jenkins tech to come fix the problem last night - at AdvantaClean's expense. Brent, the tech, had the furnace running in short order. Since the house was quite cold and we were expecting a low of 9 degrees we were happy with their quick response. I understand these kinds of things can happen when work is done under the house. I am one very happy customer because of the way AdvantaClean handled the issue. Every one involved was courteous, pleasant and eager to resolve the issue.

Description of Work
Removed old insulation from crawlspace and scrubbed off mold.

09/03/2013

Barbara S.

This was a major job and Advanta Clean gave us great service and support on everything. Most especially, Ron Weatherly provided us with an outstanding customer service experience. His guidance and expertise during the entire repair process was exceptional. He kept us informed every step of the way. We cannot imagine a finer person to work with. All the folks that work for the company have the same high standard. Kudos to Advanta Clean!!

Description of Work
We had water damage in our dining room wall, in the bedroom above and in the crawlspace below. Advanta Clean came out immediately after I made contact and went to work containing the discovered mold and damage. They were with us every step of the way to dry out the area, repair and replace all wood damage.

08/16/2013

Clifford D.

On Saturday AdvantaClean arrived promptly and inspected the damage. Drywall was removed around the area in the ceiling where water stains could be seen. Once removed it was easy to see where the water was entering the garage. On the following Monday a team came from AdvantaClean to remove all drywall that had taken on moisture from the leak. They checked all internal walls inside, both downstairs and upstairs, with a moisture meter to determine it water had intruded anywhere else in the house. They used the meter throughout the drywall area in the garage to determine how far the water had spread. Once the determination of where the moisture had penetrated to, they removed all water soaked drywall. They then sprayed the studs with an anti-mold solution, installed blowers to dry the studs, and a de-humidifier to absorb excess moisture. The team cleaned up all debris and left a very clean area behind. Three days later the team leader returned to pick up the blowers and dehumidifier. He re-sprayed the studs and re-checked for moisture using a moisture meter.

Description of Work
After the extremely heavy rains on 7/27/13 (10 inches) I had water intrusion in my garage due to a leak in a roof flashing. I called my insurance company and they contacted AdvantaClean to come that day to my house to remove wet drywall and place a tarp over the area where the intrusion was occurring. The man from AdvantaClean came that day and started the process of drying out the garage area.

05/06/2013

K J Y.

I thought it was a highly professional job. I was highly impressed with their quality of work and materials they used. I would definitely consider using them again in the future. They were very prompt and courteous.

Description of Work
They cleaned a lot of mildew out of the master bathroom and they also cleaned a spot in our attic where some mold had begun to form. They did a very thorough cleaning.

04/18/2013

Tony N.

Summary: Quick response time, free and fair quote, no hassle, great service. My sewer backed up and flooded my basement with sewage. It was a horrible and discussing mess. I called AdvantaClean because they had an impressive website. They answered the phone within 2 rings and were able to get a quote for me the same day. I went ahead and called another service so I could compare quotes since I had no idea how much it cost to clean out sewage. Jerry from AdvantaClean quoted a fair price and went over what they will be doing. Their quote was a lot better and more reasonable than a well know competitor. He quickly completed the job and even sent me the before and after pictures. It was good to know that I can count on AdvantaClean who can help you at a time of need and not take advantage of your misfortune.

Description of Work
Removed raw sewage from basement. clean bathroom including toilet and bathtub. Dried out the basement. Applied anti-mold chemicals. Removed odors and fumes.

Category house cleaning, drain cleaning

03/28/2013

gerardo G.

They showed up on time and we had no complaints.

Description of Work
We thought they were very professional.

01/03/2013

Anuj K.

After my tenant moved, I called the company to investigate some black marks in the bathrooms. On the day of the appointment, something came up and I requested whether the appointed could be moved by half an hour. The technician Greg H. called a few minutes later and offered to actually come over immediately if I was OK. That worked for me, so Greg prompty came. He was professional and friendly at the same time - ran some quick tests and confirmed that it was not mold. I was really impressed with the time and efforts he spent despite knowing that the inspection is free. I told him that I was concerned about liability issues as i personally and professionally don't want any person to get sick by renting from me. He followed up with an email stating that there was nothing to worry about. GREAT EXPERIENCE!

Description of Work
VERY IMPRESSED!! Perfect experience from beginning to end - I had seen some black spots in the bathrooms at my rental property. I wasn't sure if that was mold so wanted these guys to come over before I could rent out. The technician was very professional, helpful, and friendly at the same time - must say: haven't seen a combination of these traits in many technicians. Anyways, Greg ran some quick tests and confirmed that it was not mold - just accumulated dirt and harmless fungal growth. I knew that the inspection was free but was truly surprised by the professional attitude of Greg. He treated the same way as one would treat a paying customer. He offered excellent advice on how to prevent such dirt accumulation and also suggested names of other professionals who could help in the cleaning process. To complete the perfect experience, he actually emailed me confirming that in his opinion, there were issues to be concerned about except that of regular cleaning. Really couldn't ask for more!

10/11/2012

floyd T.

After they had completed there job They went and picked up the insulation and installed that same day! I was totally satisfied with which all this process took place. I also would say that there workers were friended and very professional.

Description of Work
Advanta Clean came out and repaired the torn liner underneath the house,plus they also did remediation work underneath and removed and cleaned all the vents in the house. Also while they were there I mentioned to one of the workers that we were going to have to get insulation put down underneath the house. At that time he told me that they also installed insulation. At that point he got on the phone called and got me a price. Which I thought was very reasonable and told him to do it.

05/12/2012

Frederick S.

Job took about three hours, to my best recollection. Very professional crew. Odor that had been present for years disappeared for several months. When it re-appeared, "Brian" suggested a very good product for me to periodically spray into the airfilter. This had worked almost as well as their industrial stuff. We still do not know exactly what causes this odor, now pretty much kept "in check".

Description of Work
Inspected/Tested for mold in crawlspace, found no evidence of such.38-year-old (very sturdy!) donwstairs air-ducts cleaned of dust and accumulated buildup (had not been done since I lived here, for 30+ years).Blew a very effective deodorizer throughout system.

12/20/2011

paul D.

Arrived when they said they would, worked very steady, cleaned up after themselves and finished on time.

Description of Work
A+ - they went the extra mile. I needed my air ducts cleaned after I replaced my wood floors and some sawdust got in them. I received their coupon through the mail and thought I would give them a try just based on price. They arrived when they said they would and boy was I surprised by all the sawdust and dirt they got out of my air ducts. My house is older and the ducts in the attic are some sort of fiber board that was coming apart. They re-taped the boards together so that there were no gaps where the air could escape. In the end, they only charged me what they said in their estimate even though the job had to take twice as long with all the extra work they did. I believe I will save at least as much as the charged on my heating and cooling bill this year because of the work they did.

11/01/2011

Marion W.

Nick and his crew were very professional and pleasant to work with. We are 100% pleased with the result and would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Mold inspection, mold remediation and fogged crawl space

07/02/2011

Sharon B.

AdvantaClean Of Charlotte - Mold Testing and Remediation Very pleased with them. Efficient and timely. They do what they promise to do. Price was a little expensive.

Description of Work
AdvantaClean Of Charlotte - Mold Testing & Remediation They were inside and out side getting rid of mold problem. Price was $5000 for each part of inside and outside.

04/20/2011

Michael R.

They did a good job and they were professional.

Description of Work
I used AdvantaClean Of Charlotte last month.

04/03/2011

Frederick S.

On initial visit, Josh (tech) determined that there was not a mold problem in the crawl space joists or insulation, based on a visual inspection. Some years ago, I'd covered the crawlspace floor with 6-mill clear plastic, and he detemined that it was doing its job. He also found that there was a significant gap in the return system, between the air filter box and the beginning of the return ducting. I don't know if the gap was missed by the crew who installed that HVAC system 12 years ago, or if it developed since then. He said I could fill it myself from the crawl space with a foam-spray product, or, they'd do it it they were awarded the job. And he mentioned that, with the (38-year-old) original metal ductwork leading to the registers, they could be more aggressive in the cleaning process. (Only the return ductwork had been replaced 12-years ago, with large-diameter flex duct between the return box and the outside HVAC unit. The 38-year-old ductwork had never been cleaned in the 32 years I've been in the house). A friend who occasionally visits for short periods was quiter allergic to 'whatever' was in the first-floor air. Two weeks after AdvantaClean did their job, she came by and said the odor, or whatever, was completely gone! Since I think she has a gas-chromatograph in her nose, that's the only way I knew for sure that AdvantaClean had accomplished the task fully!

Description of Work
Two man crew arrived on schedule, and did 'their thing' which included removing all register grates, vacuuming that area, placing film over grate area, and sweeping out the full-metal ducts from somewhere under the house. Whatever ran the sweeping system was powered by something in their truck. Then, they wheeled in a large cube-shaped 'vacuum' and connected it to the return, thus 'reversing' the normal airflow direction, and vacuumed out the loosened ductwork residue. Somewhere during the process, they sealed the gap(s) in the return box (just below where the filter goes). Finally, they sprayed the interior of the ductwork with an anti-microbial agent, just in case there was any mold lurking in those 38-year-old heavy-duty metal ducts.

03/22/2011

WILLIAM C.

My understanding is that AdvantaClean is owned by the same holding company owns Dry-Pro, which is who I used for my crawlspace waterproofing. AdvantaClean arrived and started work as scheduled and finished when they were supposed to. The price charged matched the quote they gave me. All in all, a very good experience.

Description of Work
Performed minor mold remediation and removed all the insulation from under the floor in my crawlspace in preparation for waterproofing.

01/06/2011

Bob L.

Great experience. Greg (Sales rep) was very knowledgeable and helpful. Explained the entire process and worked with us throughout. We had to work with Dry Pro as well as McClintock Heating and Air to get the work completed in a two week time slot. During the duration of the project, we had to reschedule several times over the course of a few months. They worked with us the through everything. On the scheduled day, the crew showed up promptly, introduced themselves and went to work removing black mold and fungus under our house. They scoured every inch of the underside of our house. When they were finished, we could tell a drastic difference immediately. No more moldy smell!! We've had no instance of mold since. I highly recommend this crew.

Description of Work
Mold testing and remediation

11/12/2010

DANIELLE G.

The project took longer than it should have. The area still smells like mold despite several return trips by AdvantaClean. The seller paid for it but I would have followed through more if I would have paid. The project just seemed to be left incomplete.

Description of Work
They did mold testing and remediation.