INNOVATIVE DESIGN

Awards & Badges

Veteran Owned & OperatedVeteran Owned & Operated

5412 Fieldbrook DR

Greensboro, NC 27455

We are a home improvement, renovation, and restoration remodeling company. We provide a vast array of services for “Homeowners” as well as “Commercial & Industrial Clients”. We are looking forward to becoming a future service to you. Your property is your investment in life and property values are going up. We will be happy to assist you in evaluating your needs. Give us a call and our secretary will set up an appointment to have our owner meet with you. Innovative Design is in business since 1998. The owner, John Schmidt has over 24 years’ experience in building, remodeling, and construction. A summary of his background is herein for your information. Attended NYU of New York and graduated NYU with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. Employed with Con Edison of New York City as Laboratory Supervisor. Relocated to Kentucky and employed as Instructor at “Lebanon Technical Institute” teaching “Design Drafting and Electricity”. Entered home building industry for several years. Later, employed as Engineering Consultant for such companies as IBM, Westinghouse Nuclear, Procter & Gamble and Greensboro’s USPS Bulk Mail Facility. Relocated to Greensboro with Procter & Gamble, located in Brown Summit. Lives in Greensboro since 1978. Is involved in machine design, manufacturing, controls, and programming. In the remodeling and construction trade for 16 years and then started “Innovative Design” in 1998. Innovative Design and its affiliates provide the best quality service in the home building, repair, and remodeling industry. This service area needs competent and reliable individuals to perform for homeowners. We provide the absolute best quality service to homeowners. Visit our website at http://jps1914.wix.com/innovative-design ...

Resposiveness

handyman (11)woodworking (8)home builder (6)drywall (6)door installation (5)decks & porches (5)interior painting (4)home remodeling (4)lighting (4)flooring (4)house painting (3)ceiling fan installation (3)

02/08/2021

It went splendidly from the first contact to the end of the job! He is exactly what you want in a professional inside your home. I already had him come back for additional work and he will certainly be my "go-to" person in the future!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
John did finish work in my garage.

CATEGORY picture framing,remodeling,pressure washing,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/08/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], It has been my pleasure working with you and your precious dogs. You are very well organized and your operation runs smoothly. Wish you and family the best keep up the good work. Thank you for your review. Kind regards, John Schmidt

10/22/2020

It all went very well. John did beautiful work and was very easy to work with. He started when he said he would and kept working until the job was done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Building den book shelves and cabinets

CATEGORY woodworking,apartments

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/22/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your very nice review. I enjoyed working with you on your den project. The book case enhanced your room and brought a quality along side of the existing built in bookcase. All looks great in your future den. Your piano room will be great also with the raised ceiling. Kind regards, John Schmidt Innovative Design

08/19/2020

It went very well. The job was done with professionalism, in a timely manner and with expertise. John was easy to work with, delivered the item exactly as I requested. I would definitely hire John again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen Banquette

CATEGORY custom furniture,woodworking,apartments

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/24/2020

Hi [Member Names Removed], It was a privilege to work with you on your project. You provided the picture of what you wanted to be built and that made my work easier. Thank you for your kind review. Wishing you well always. Kind regards, John Schmidt, Innovative Design

07/01/2020

it went great. it was located in a difficult location at the back of the house. the design was perfect. the work was excellent. we had him do addition things--driveway, steps up a hill, patio off the bedroom, accessible access to front door. all was done very well

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
bedroom addition

CATEGORY concrete repair,concrete driveways,remodeling,roofing,siding,replacement windows,ceiling fans,apartments

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Your entire room addition project is officially completed and approved by the City of Greensboro and registered. You have been an excellent customer [very patient and understanding] throughout your project despite rain outs and other weather conditions that caused many delays. Kind regards, JOHN Schmidt Innovative Design You have been an excellent customer [very patient a...

05/11/2020

John was very professional from start to finish, as were the associates he employs. He was prompt, thorough and went beyond expectations to present a beautiful turn-key job. What started out as small repairs, quickly turned into a massive project removing wall mirrors, rotted siding, flooring, insulation, floor joists, and roofing. All of this was at such a reasonable price, and he earned my compl...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Water damage leading to rot, black mold & insects

CATEGORY contractors,decks,handyman service,plastering,remodeling,roofing,home builders,house painters,interior painters,foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/27/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], Enjoyed working with you as you were very patient throughout your project. You were also very reasonable when unknown things became uncovered and your project needs increased. You were great. We are glad to see your house get the repairs it needed. Kind regards, John Schmidt

10/14/2019

I had been looking for a furniture restorer to repair a dining room table, a midcentury modern dresser, and also a midcentury modern coffee table. The table had extensive sun damage and the other two pieces were in need of repair and refinishing. After searching numerous home-improvement sites I came across Innovative Design. The majority of the reviews were very good, so I decided to take a chanc...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dining room table, mid century modern dresser and coffee table were to be “repaired as needed, sanded throughout as needed, retaining the original wood appearance”. They were also to be “finished with a spray clear urethane or equally hard durable finish”.

CATEGORY furniture repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/14/2019

11/28/2018

Mr. Schmidt performed a wide range of remodeling and repairs to a residence to prepare it for sale. His careful analysis and creative solutions were exactly what I was looking for. His many years of engineering and construction experience were apparent in the way he went about the job. I rate him an "A" on all categories and would not hesitate to hire him again. Very professional - it doesn't get ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General remodeling and repairs

CATEGORY decks,drywall,remodeling,siding,woodworking,house painters,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/27/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], Enjoyed working with you on your project. Appreciate the person you are and your flexibility. Walk through inspection went through nicely and your house has sold. Kudos for you on a successful project. Kind regards, John Schmidt

11/09/2018

I contacted John to give me an estimate for carpet and baseboard installation in my basement. After getting multiple estimates I decided to use a flooring company to install the carpet due to the fact that they gave me a better price and would be using a higher quality carpet pad. I was still interested in hiring John to install baseboards. I contacted him to let him know my plan and to schedule a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Carpet and baseboard installation

CATEGORY contractors,flooring contractor,remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/09/2018

Hi [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your review. I had the understanding as you said you felt that I was charging you too much for installing your baseboard in your basement. I simply contacted you to let you know that you are free to get someone else better suited for your baseboard project. I have no issue with your hiring someone else to install your carpet that is your prerogative as the h...

06/27/2017

Late Spring, early Sumner is a busy time, I understand. No work was performed because it took several days before I got a response. I would have expected a little more professional communication within 1-2 business days. I refunded the deal and arranged to have the work done by another contractor. The point here is that it is better to respond quickly and set expectations about work date availabil...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed some interior trim work done in my home.

CATEGORY handyman service,remodeling,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/27/2017

Hi [Member Name Removed], I need to apologize to you for delays. The scheduling and timing gets overwhelming at these busy contracting times and as a result we miss acknowledgement. I appreciate your observations and will be more mindful in the future. Kind regards, John Schmidt Innovative Design

01/04/2017

John did a great job at our house.  He was on time every day.  He rebuilt our two decks that were in decay.  His work is excellent with a finished appearance.  We are pleased and will use John on any needs we have in the future.  He also painted the finished decks.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rebuilt our front and rear decks.

CATEGORY decks,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/25/2016

Photo for INNOVATIVE DESIGN - 5412 Fieldbrook DR, Greensboro, NC - 34227652

Hi [Member Names Removed], I enjoyed working on your deck needs and bringing them into safe usage. You and husband were great to work with and your work list was developed well in advance which is very helpful in giving direction. Thank you for your kind review and I wish you both the best always. Kind regards, John Schmidt, Innovative Design

Flooring & Ceramic Install Hardwood, Laminate Sand & Build Homes & Garages Build Room Additions Build Utility Sheds Install Decorative Columns Install Trim moldings Finish Basements & Attics Build & Repair Decks Dry Wall Texture Ceilings Install Windows & doors Vinyl Siding Painting Plumbing Install, Replace Plumbing Install Plumbing Fixtures Build Custom Furniture *** And Much More *** Refinish Flooring Ceramic Tile Bath & Floors Concrete Driveways Roofing Stairways

Ask for Details.