Bare Tech Plumbing

Founded 2001 • With Angi since August 2006

4.4

PO Box 39375

Greensboro, NC 27438

If you are struggling with plumbing issues in Greensboro, North Carolina, let the professionals at Bare Tech Plumbing ease your concerns with our affordable plumbing services. Give us a call at any time and our highly-skilled plumbers will arrive quickly at your home, prepared to accept any

06/26/2017

Brent M.

Called to have the main sewer lines cleaned out. Discovered that the old home did not have a clean out. Had a clean out installed and the lines cleaned out! The job was performed professionally and at a great value.

Description of Work
Install main sewer clean out in 50 year old home. Clean out main sewer line.

01/19/2017

Liana T.

After five days the toilet started overflowing, again. I have to call them back out.

Description of Work
Main Line Backed up and Toilet Overflowing

Category plumbing

We serviced a different address for [Member Name Removed] on 1/5/2017 and have not heard back from her. If there was a problem with the service this is the 1st we have heard about it. And our invoice amount, date and address is different than that mentioned. We think she may have called someone else. We do offer warranties and free check ups for previous work performed.

12/09/2016

Daniel M.

Great. Dealt with Matt in the office over the phone. He sent John to provide a free quotation. Once we made our decision, I ironed out the details with Matt on the model to be used, the requirement for a drain pan and drain to the exterior and removal of the old heater. John and Mike did the installation in a couple of hours. I paid Matt over the phone with a credit card. Mike and John did a nice job and left the basement free of all debris.

Description of Work
Replacement of a Direct Vent 50 gallon gas water heater with a drain to the exterior.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

12/11/2014

Morris C.

The did good work but they are very expensive.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal for them for $95. They cleared a drain.

12/04/2014

Teri O.

I spoke with them over the phone and he was very nice but informed me that they are no longer doing any business with Angie's List.

Description of Work
I purchased a Big Deal.

08/12/2014

michael and peggy M.

Technician replaced a faucet, and identified an issued with our water pipe turn-off valve that we needed to repair which was very helpful.

Description of Work
Technician replaced the front yard faucet.

08/10/2014

Chris M.

They reached out shortly after purchase to schedule. They did not reach me via phone, so they emailed. I called to set up the appt. We agreed on a time just 1 day away. When I got home 5 miniutes prior to the scheduled appt, they were there waiting on me and were already working. They were quick and polite and did quality work.

Description of Work
Replaced outside faucet as part of Big Deal.

07/10/2014

Deb R.

We set up an appointment to have the service completed. They came out but because of the way the house is built, they were unable to do it.

Category plumbing

The leaking hose bib was installed inside the block wall with the piping running up inside the block wall. The home owner did not want us the burst open the block to fix it. No work was performed and no charges made.

06/10/2014

mary N.

Very professional. The work was done quickly and well.

Description of Work
Rooted the outdoor drain in our driveway.

03/29/2014

Chip M.

The plumber was unable to determine where the pipes were frozen. He advised us to put a space heater in the crawl space, which did not correct the problem. He returned to replace the gas control valve about an hour after his first visit, as we had a home warranty in place from purchasing the house a year earlier. This did not correct the original complaint, as there was no water flow. I later opened up a couple of holes in drywall to find the source of the problem, only to find un-insulated pipe runs in an attic area.

Description of Work
During a cold snap in January, we had a hot water-pipe freeze up.

Category plumbing

We have had some extreme cold spells this past winter. Colder than usual. We could not pin point the frozen pipes at the time of service. Space heaters should never be used in crawl spaces or attics. Non insulated pipes in the attic that have never froze before now. Lucky they didn't burst and flood the home. We did not charge for trying to find the froze pipes. Notice no complaint on the water heater issue he was having. However the next day the temperature began to rise and the pipes thawed.

12/24/2013

John P.

It took several trips but all worked out in the end. Despite some internal problems they were having(illness in staff) Chris was very attentive and helpful.

Description of Work
Unclogged sewer drain, reset sump pump and established an external drain. They also replumbed kitchen drain. Lastly, they terminated a gas line in fireplace and realigned a drain cleanout.

10/14/2013

Barbara A.

We have used Bare Tech before for a leaking dishwasher. At that time they were very responsive and fixed the problem quickly. Calvin was extremely courteous and conscientious (he gave me his phone number to call him if I had any questions while looking for a new dishwasher, which I did probably 3 times!) And that is why we called them back to do the sink installation. This time there were a few problems, some of which were not Bare Tech's fault - The supplier provided the wrong faucet so when they came to install the sink etc. they couldn't complete the job. They did however install the faucet that was provided so that all was functional until the correct hardware came in. They were quick to come back and reinstall the correct faucet when it came in and at that time corrected the somewhat off-center installation of the pedestal sink that had been done by one of their temporary hires. And that was the problem - this temporary hire ended up being a bit sloppy. Not only was the sink installed a bit off kilter, but the wood floor was scratched while he was sliding/crawling around in this very small room with what must have been something in his pocket. Bare Tech was most apologectic, but I said I would try to fix the scratch myself. When they came back to fix the problems they told us that the temporary hire had been let go. Calvin and Mike are great plumbers and provide great, friendly service. If you use BareTech, ask Chris (the owner) for one of these two and I'm sure you will be happy.

Description of Work
Removed old pedestal sink and installed new sink, faucets, toilet hardware. The above price included the cost of the installation as well as all supplies.

09/16/2013

Kari F.

Bare tech was called by my home warranty company. I did not choose them. The problem they diagnosed was not covered by my warranty and the quote I received from them to do the work was incredibly over-priced. I did not use them to complete the project. And, outside of my home warranty, i would not contact them in future.

Description of Work
Evaluated a problem with my dishwasher

08/15/2013

Robert P.

we were required to use Bare Tech due to our home warranty. The person in the office did not call in response to the warranty request that I placed on a Sunday. When I called mid day on Monday, she said that the request was still sitting on her fax machine. She scheduled the repair for Wednesday after lunch, but said she would call me on Wednesday to confirm the exact time. Around 2pm, I called and she didn't remember saying she would call me and said that her tech was still with another client and should be there within about an hour. Around 3:30pm,I called again and was told the tech was still busy but would be there soon. At 4:45pm, I called again and was told that he was on his way. The tech arrived right after 5pm.

Description of Work
replace outdoor faucet

Category plumbing

We do try to accomodate all of our customers. We schedule 2 hour windows for appointments. We don't use fax machines so I'm not sure what this customer is referring to. When we called Monday to set the appointment the customer requested a last call of the day on Wednesday. We did make the repairs to the customers satisfaction and he signed and paid for the services. Not sure of his complaint as he was happy and thankful at the time of our departure.

05/19/2013

Nicholas F.

Bare Tech was the company the home warranty company called for us. Prompt, professional, helpful.

Description of Work
Fixed leaking bathtub faucet.

08/09/2012

Lynn B.

Called this plumber because he lives in our neighborhood, and I felt that he would treat his neighbors fairly. I was wrong. I needed him to clean out some drains from the downspouts to the French Drain below, and he sent someone over to give us an estimate. Estimated @$200 for 6 or so drains. The agreement that we reached was $200, and they were to call me before they did more work, *IF* it was going to be more. THey did not call. I got the bill a month later for $420. Called them to remind them of our agreement, and they denied it, would not honor it. I paid the $420, but I will never use them again, regardless of that fact that he's a neighbor. BTW, he as burned other people in the neighborhood too, I've learned since then.

Description of Work
Needed some drains cleaned from the downspouts to the underground French drain. Basically, a "roto-rooter" job.... no digging or involved work.

Category drain cleaning

02/10/2012

Victor B.

I was very pleased with them. I would recommend them to others. I have used them three or four times and have been pleased each time.

Description of Work
They replaced an outside hose bit.

09/13/2011

Andrea F.

They came out within a couple of hours after my call. They accurately diagnosed the problem and immediately proceeded to make the repairs. Two of them worked quickly and efficiently. They were very professional and curtious. They took less time than I thought. I thought the cost of the work was very reasonably given the complexity of the repairs. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
Bare Tech Plumbing repaired a leaking pipe that began in the crawl space and continued into the house. They had to remove part of two walls to get to the leak and repair the pipe. They put the walls back and cleaned up the mess completely.

05/23/2011

Victoria S.

They sent Michael out and he asked me what the problem was. He ran the hot water until it ran out in less than five minutes, and then told me there was nothing wrong with it. I asked him if he would at least look at the hot water tank. He said he did not need to. (I can only assume that because it was still under warranty, they did not have any interest in servicing it.) He became argumentative and almost irate because I would not believe that a 40 gallon tank should only last five minutes. (This is not my first hot water tank – the hot water should last a little more than 5 minutes.) Knowing we would not come to an agreement, I politely asked him to leave my house. He would not leave after three requests (he kept telling me he didn’t expect me to understand as if it was because I am a woman). I had to threaten to call the police if he did not leave. It was extremely scary. He finally left. I called and spoke with the owner, and got the owner’s wife, who said she had heard of problems with Michael, and asked if she could send someone else. I agreed (which I now regret) and Jeff came the next day. Jeff’s first comments were “Michael told me to”. He was just as difficult and condescending. I called back and got someone name Chris, who claimed to be the VP (which I now know to be a lie). This company needs to get their employees under control.

Description of Work
I called Bare Tech Plumbing because my 40 gallon hot water tank that they had installed 10 months earlier (and was still under warranty) was running cold after 4-5 minutes. (I just purchased the house and have not worked with them before.)

04/26/2011

Suzanne S.

My gas water heater was leaking and I needed someone fast. I found Bare Tech Plumbing on Angie's List when I did a search under "water heaters." They weren't able to send someone out until later in the day, so I had to turn the main water off in the house until they arrived. When the technician arrived (not the owner, Chris Bear) he diagnosed the problem as a leaking liner and said the heater had to be replaced. The estimate for replacement and installation of approx. $1,700 also included a city inspection, required where I live for gas water heaters. I thought this was high, but after doing some research, it seems to be in the range for this type of heater. It was on the high side of the range, though. The water heater had to be ordered and wouldn't arrive until the following day. It was actually 2 days later when the technician came back to install the water heater, so no hot water for 3 days now. He was very courteous while here installing the heater. It took about 4-1/2 hours to do the job and I could tell he was rushing a bit at the end to get it done. He wasn't able to stay to complete the paperwork because he had to pick up his son from school. I was told the city inspector would contact me to set up a time to come by and look at the heater. No one called. I called Bare Tech Plumbing and let them know that I hadn't paid yet and the heater had not been inspected. They sent a different person by to collect my check and said the someone would call later that day. I received a message later that said the city inspector would come by the following day and would call me when they were on their way. I never received a call the next day. I had a very busy schedule, so I let it go and didn't worry about the inspection until I started noticing a gas smell. It even made me feel ill. It was coming from the heater. I called the plumber again and they finally had the inspector come by. The city inspector noticed the gas smell as well and he would not pass the heater. He contacted Bare Tech and they sent someone out with an hour who found and repaired the gas leak from the heater. The inspector then passed the heater. I haven't had any issues with the water heater since then, but it was a long, drawn out ordeal that I do not want to repeat.

Description of Work
Diagnosis of problem with old water heater. Removal of old water heater and installation of new water heater. Repair of gas leak (from bad initial job).

Category plumbing, water heater repair

This water heater was an apollo type w/h that operates the heating system as well as the water heating. It's the most expensive heater on the market. This installation required several code requirements to pass an inspection that unfortunately run the install price up as well. The gas leak was found at the time of inspection and no re inspection was needed. This leak was on the main line at the heater not on the work performed and we did not charge for this repair. We have no control over the cities inspection schedule. The only thing we can do is give the inspector the home owners phone # for them to call when they are on the way. In most cases we do not collect for service until the work is 100% complete. We do try to expedite every call with the quickness and apologize for those jobs that take longer.

08/16/2010

Mark G.

Bare Tech did a great job - on time and on budget.

Description of Work
Sewage lift pump failed. Old pump was removed and disposed of and new pump installed.

Category plumbing

Mr. [member name removed]'s sewage pump was in a very easily accissible location making it a more reasonably priced service. We are very happy that some jobs are easier than others. Making it easier to make happy customers. Thank You for calling Bare Tech Plumbing.

10/08/2009

Kirk S.

The plumber came to my house three and a half hours late and said that the problem was not in the pipes, rather the leak was from the hose on the washing machine. He then stated that he didn't have a hose clamp and that I owed him $75. He couldn't have been there for more that 15min and he didn't even fix the problem. This is completely unreasonable and is no way to treat a customer.

Description of Work
There was no work done.

07/17/2009

Sherry M.

After a returning from Europe for 10 days, I came home to a soaked 1st floor carpet and determined it was a leaky water heater (original unit from house, ~ 12 years old). I called them the next morning (after seeing high reviews on Angie's List) and the owner of the company came by in less than 2 hours himself since his crew was booked. He inspected everything, went over the estimate and what upgrades I needed to meet code and said he would have a serviceman come by this afternoon to take away the old tank and install a new one. He was very friendly and compassionate for my situation. In less than 2 hours, a TEAM of servicemen arrived and my new water heater with all the requried "bells and whistles" were installed and by 2:30 PM....having a new water heater meant I could actually take a hot shower after traveling back from Europe finally! One of the serviceman called me 2 hours later to obtain my availability for the inspector in 3 days. In addition to the "official" work they had to do, one of the serviceman (after getting stung) detected and killed a hornet's nest by my front door and was still as cheery and friendly as ever to do that for me. As a single mom, I appreciate extra help for those types of things. The other serviceman overheard me talk about some landscaping I needed to do and gave me a referral for someone that could help me out. I was extremely grateful for this company and will call them again in the next few weeks to do some other minor plumbing work in my master bathroom. The only MINOR negative thing was that the flip side of having the owner come out and estimate my level of work was that he hadn't done an install in quite some time so his written estimate was $65 lower than the final bill - but in the grand scheme of things, it's a wash with the great level of service I received.

Description of Work
Replaced leaky hot water heater with new one and upgraded entire system to code. The serviceman even took it upon himself to detect and kill a hornets nest that was forming by my front door!

07/11/2008

Theodora R.

Bare Tech Plumbing was able to come out the same day I called them. They did a great job fixing it and were very professional and friendly. The owner, Chris Bare, made the service call and he is a very likable and pleasant man. I would have total confidence in any work Bare Tech did of any size and difficulty.

Description of Work
Our outside water faucet was frozen during the winter and was leaking profusely. The pipe going to our our faucet had broken inside the brick wall so they had to replace the pipe and faucet.

02/14/2007

We are happy as our water heater works fine. They ran the water pipes and the gas line out to the garage and re-lit the pilot light for us. We have had no leaks with the lines at all. They made sure it was running before they left which was nice of them.

Description of Work
Bare Tech Plumbing moved our 50 gallon water heater from inside our house out to the garage.