Four Oaks Builders, LLC

Founded 2012 • With Angi since August 2013

PO Box 78864

Charlotte, NC 28271

Four Oaks Builders is headquartered in Charlotte, NC and led by Andy Suttle, a licensed General Contractor in North Carolina, South Carolina. Andy and his team have built and remodeled over 500 homes in North and South Carolina. With over 30 years of experience Four Oaks Builders' combines extensive knowledge, expert solutions, and ethical practices to insure success and 100% customer satisfaction with every project they undertake....

05/08/2017

Karla C.

Came who he said he would, did the work as discussed and the price remained the same as originally quoted

Description of Work
Needed shingles repaired and replaced

12/23/2016

Kelly D.

Four Oaks Builders were fantastic! This was the first time we have ever had to deal with building from the Ground up and Andy Suttle the Owner of Four Oaks was wonderful. He was attentive and patient and he listened to our questions and concerns from the beginning to the end of the build. We now have a beautiful home and right in time for Christmas.

Description of Work
We had a house fire in March 2016 and we had to tear down and rebuild.

07/30/2016

Shannon E B.

Could not be happier !

Description of Work
Construction of new home

07/29/2016

Betty S.

Description of Work
again we did not use this business either.

05/03/2016

Shannon E B.

Building a new home can be overwhelming and the key to success is selecting the right builder. I spent a great deal of time researching builders and knew not only did I want an experienced honest builder but also one that would be "the right fit". One thing I noticed immediately about Andy Suttle was his passion for quality construction at a reasonable price. I knew exactly what I wanted but was uncertain at times "how to get there". Andy was not the cheapest builder but neither was he the most expensive. From start to finish, Andy never disappointed me. He is honest, ethical, always responded promptly to questions or problems and his integrity goes without question. I would not hesitate to build another home with Mr. Andy Suttle, Four Oaks Builders. I am very please with my new home !!

Description of Work
New Home Construction

03/07/2016

Bill W.

The work was all very good quality craftsmanship, especially the rebuilding of the front and back porches which are really wooden decks. The re-roofing was finished in two days and was very good quality. The drywall crew was excellent. We had a popcorn ceiling scraped off and some water damaged sheetrock replaced. The walls were prepped well for painting including some wallpaper removal. The painters did a good job. Overall we were very pleased and would like to use them again for more projects.

Description of Work
Roofing - tear off and replace roof and replace a skylight Interior sheetrock repair and painting Rebuild front and back porches (decks)

Category drywall, remodeling, roofing, interior painters

01/22/2016

Dave B.

We purchased a new home in 2015. It was build with a large unfinished basement on a walkout lot, We bought the house and lot with the express purpose of finishing the basement as an in-law apartment on one side (with a private entrance and parking) and a private space on the other side only accessible from the upstairs. We received several bids from professional home builders and finally decided to use the fine folks at Four Oaks Builders. That decision ranks very high on the list of our best decisions. Not only was their workmanship of the highest quality (looks just like the finish on the rest of the house), but they worked in a professional manner and at reasonable in cost. I had originally thought to act as my own general contractor and sub out the work, but the guys at Four Oaks convinced me otherwise and I'm happy they took on that task and relieved me of that duty. Again, a great decision. I'm happy to highly recommend them for any project you might have from finishing an unused attic space, finishing a basement or even a new home. You will not be disappointed.

Description of Work
Build-out finished basement

11/27/2015

Susan M.

Description of Work
repaired water damage in kitchen. Replaced flooring in three rooms, some sheetrock, new backsplash, took out cabinets and put back. Painted

Category drywall, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

09/23/2015

steven & beverly N.

Description of Work
I hired Andy to redo a bad job on a 1,873 sq ft unfinished basement plus it was not up to code with Lancaster Building Department and could be a safety issue | |I would describe Andy as a honest professional some one you can trust to do a quality job in a timely manner. Andy could have charged us for 7 exiting windows that had to be replaced with tempered glass on the lower sash according to the building department inspector. Andy made a trip out to the house to measure and discovered a error by the inspector ,the windows are tempered glass did not need to be replaced, he could have charged us and I would not have known. Instead he shared with us the good news save us a big bucks that speak highly of Andy integrity.He brought his team of licensed professionals, tackled all the problems with electrical,plumbing, ductwork and the building engineer found a safety problem with two door ways that did not have the proper headers and cripples installed. Andy took care of all the paper work to get my house permitted up to code and most of all safe. Great job by Andy and his team of professionals. I recommend using Four Oaks Builders you will not be disappointed. | |One last words of wisdom make sure you hire a licensed contractor in your state. Don't make the mistake I made, my house is in south carolina the guy I hire said he was licence SC he was not. Andy is licensed in both SC and NC.

Category drywall, landscaping, remodeling, doors

08/20/2015

I could not have asked for more from Four Oaks. They were professional, available and helpful. After working with my insurance company, it was a relief to have Four Oaks provide a personal touch to our repairs. I am very pleased with the work that they performed for us. Everything was up to my expectations. The thing that was most helpful was Four Oaks' knowledge of the claims process. They were a true advocate for us and helped us navigate this difficult process. Above all else, I would recommend Four Oaks because of the character of the workers. I trust this company. They demonstrated honesty at times when they did not have to and always sought out my best. I will return to Four Oaks anytime I'm in need of work done to my house.

Description of Work
Four Oaks assisted me after an insurance claim that involved water damage. They served as the general contractor and provided me with painting, installation of hardwood floors, bathroom tile, carpet and more.

Category hardwood floor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters

08/05/2015

Patrick R.

Andy did an outstanding job for us from start to finish. He responded promptly to our request for a quote on some gutter work and knew exactly what needed to be done. He recommended a gutter system with which I was unfamiliar but am now glad that I have installed. His team completed the work very efficiently and cleaned up well. They replaced some rotten wood and repainted and of course installed the new gutters. The quality of their work seems very good. The day prior to the scheduled installation, we had to request that he install the gutters at a later date. Andy was very helpful in this matter. He rescheduled the work for a week later and seemed to be glad to do so. Most accommodating. Something else worth mentioning: Andy was also more affordable than the other contractors who quoted this project!

Description of Work
Andy recommended a system of new gutters and then replaced them.

Category contractors, remodeling, woodworking

06/12/2015

John A.

Andy Suttle did an excellent job - carefully determining leak potential working with others to gain consensus on how to proceed. Initially the appearance of water did not denote a roofing leak - but through trial and error the leak was discovered. Andy has since followed up to make sure the leak has not reoccurred - very professional and comforting. My roof was replaced by Loews four years ago - they would not cooperate in this repair. I wish that I had known about Four Oaks and had them replace my roof. Stay away from Lowe's.

Description of Work
Repaired Roof leak - difficult to find involving stucco, flashing and shingles

12/17/2014

Ann T.

We had a major house fire and after being treated quite horribly by our insurance adjuster, we were not in the best mental shape when we met Andy Suttle and Four Oaks Builders. From the beginning, Andy was there to serve. Before we had even decided he was our "man" he called one night just to let us know about some vulnerabilities in our structure that the disaster treatment people had left open. His concern from day one was our home. Once we got all the paperwork in place and the framers started, work never ever stopped. There were people in our house working every single day. Including Sundays. Thinking back on the last three months, I cannot think of any two days ever where there was no one working on the house. We were stunned and our neighbors couldn't believe it. Andy never promised us that we would be home for Christmas and we were prepared to not be. He is the first contractor I have EVER heard of that finished early. And the fact that early means we will be in our home for Christmas is incredible. The work and workmanship is wonderful and we are so very, very pleased.

Description of Work
Took our damaged roof down to the studs, replaced our dormers, our walls, our upstairs plumbing and electrical plus had a new heat pump put in and all new duct work, Replaced windows, lighting , flooring and shelving. Basically took a 25 year old home that was heavily damaged and put it all back together, Beautifully.

Category contractors, lighting, remodeling, roofing

11/17/2014

Jason T.

I could not have asked for more from Four Oaks. Andy Suttle was personable, responsive and knowledgable. Every project has its hiccups, and Andy took everything in stride. They stuck to my budget and schedule. They were very fair with additional things I asked for. I bid them against 3 other contractors and they were the best price. If I do any more renovations to my house, I'll use Andy. If I ever built a house, I'd use Andy. Great folks with super high integrity, attention to detail and get-it-done attitude.

Description of Work
Replaced wood siding with hardiplank, built new front deck, replaced garage doors, replaced gutters

Category remodeling, roofing, home builders, woodworking

10/08/2014

Ann T.

This will be a long process but as each part is finished, we continue to believe Four Oaks is the best builder for us.

Description of Work
We are having a rebuild done after a major house fire. Andy has been easy to work with and we feel very confident about both he and his company.

09/02/2014

Terri K.

Very professional on all levels. Andy personally supervised the entire job and was here most of the time with his crew. They showed up on time, told me when they found anything that could possibly cost extra, and got everything almost finished in one day. Clean up was perfect. Would have never known they were here with the exception of a brand new roof. Would definately use Four Oaks Builders again. They went above and beyond to make sure everything was the way it should be!

Description of Work
Removal of old roof and replacement of a new roof

08/31/2014

Mary S.

Two of our relatives had used Andy and Four Oaks Builders for their various home improvement projects. Not only were we impressed with the quality of the craftsmanship on those projects but both relatives highly recommended Andy; not only for his quality workmanship, but for his professionalism and integrity as well. Once we contacted Andy for a roof estimate, he met with our insurance agent and they arranged to inspect the roof together within a day. Andy had an estimate for us the same day as that inspection. Andy helped us through the insurance process, asked for our choice of shingle, placed the order and had us on his schedule for that Wednesday. The workers were onsite and working by 7am Wednesday as promised. They worked steadily and efficiently throughout the day, stopping only for a brief lunch break. Andy stopped by throughout the day to check on progress and supervise. Tarps were used to protect our plants, garden and shrubbery. Nothing was damaged. The old materials were hauled away and the yard was free of debris or virtually any sign that anyone had even been working there that day. The entire job was finished by 5pm and the roof looks awesome. We contacted Andy several times prior to the day of installation with insurance and general questions. He was patient, professional and knowledgeable with each call. We have several home improvement projects we hope to complete over the next few years. We will be using Andy and Four Oaks Builders for those projects.

Description of Work
Replaced a roof that was damaged by hail. Upon tearing off the original roof they found some rotted roof decking that needed replacing. They immediately took photos of that damage and emailed the photos to let us know that they would need to replace that area of decking at an additional (nominal) charge. Andy advised us in prior to starting the job that might be the case.

08/11/2014

david E.

Four Oaks crew did a great job replacing the roof and siding. They were punctual, stayed late and cleaned up all debris, nails, etc. Andy earned the business because he provided a quote prior to receiving any insurance scope, and he was accurate. He followed up consistently and quickly when I had any questions. The house looks great and there are no issues with the workmanship. I appreciate his efforts to earn my business and would use his services again.

Description of Work
Replaced the roof, siding and screens, due to a hailstorm.

04/30/2014

Sandra S.

His team moved on to the site in force. They barely needed to talk to each other. They moved in harmony, each one knowing where they needed to be and what they needed to do. They knocked the job out in a short time and thoroughly cleaned up the site when they were finished. It's been a few months since they did the work and I've had no problems. When they found underlying problems, they showed it to me, explained the scope of the needed repair and cost before they proceeded. There were no surprises at the end. They even re-roofed my well house. Andy came back and re-inspected the finished product and made a couple of small fixes he found. That's what I like. I want them to find what needs attention and fix problems without me needing to confront them.

Description of Work
Re-roofed house and replaced bad wood.

Category remodeling, roofing, woodworking

04/23/2014

Judy T.

Crew arrived early morning, worked steadily all day and finished the job before dark. Everything was cleaned up and hauled away and the roof looks awesome. Andy was super easy to work with and handled all the insurance for me which I was not expecting. I would definitely recommend Four Oaks Builders to anyone who wants to work with a professional business that works at a very fair price.

Description of Work
Our complete roof was replaced.

02/07/2014

Daryl E.

Very pleased with the quality of the workmanship and the timeliness of the work performed. Four Oak interfaced with out insurance company greatly reducing the stress associated with the repairs. I'd highly recommend using Four Oak Builders.

Description of Work
We had a water line rupture and used Four Oak Builders to perform the repairs. Scope of work was; replace insulation, repaint bedroom, replace molding, replace wall paper, replace carpet and padding.

Category remodeling, interior painters

01/12/2014

james K.

great. every step was done together. Andy made sure we were happy throughout the process. After getting water damage from broken pipes, the insurance company gave us names of builders. I am completely satisfied with 4 oaks. I would recommend them for any job big or small

Description of Work
completed work timely and professionally

10/28/2013

Kathryn V.

I had a terrific experience with Four Oaks Builders! Andy Suttle was a complete professional. He was respectful of my time and privacy. He was meticulous in calculating his estimate, so that the final cost was not a surprise. If he said someone would be at my house on a certain day at a certain time, they were. He kept me informed of where we were in the process at all times. Andy was very easy to reach when I needed an answer to a question or some additional information. Andy met with my insurance person so that he could answer any questions the company might have about damage to my roof. He was able to get the company to pay for an entirely new roof, and Andy's company took care of the installation when tying the addition into the existing roof line. I have recommended Andy Suttle and Four Oaks Builders to neighbors, friends, and family members. I would call him first if ever I need work done around the house.

Description of Work
Room addition and a complete new roof

08/25/2013

Wayne R.

Our new addition and significant remodel has been completed and we could not be more pleased or satisfied. To say that it is spectacular, awesome or simply beautiful would be an understatement. Working with Andy Suttle, the owner of Four Oaks Builder, was truly a blessing. We are relatively new to the area, and certainly had never before tackled a project of this scale. Unfamiliar with the quality of work and/or reputation of any local contractors, we sought the advice of friends. Fortunately, our neighbors recommended Andy and Four Oaks Builders. Due to some health issues and other somewhat sudden life changes of an elderly, out of State parent, we needed additional first floor space so we could accommodate them relocating and living within our home. The scope of the work was rather overwhelming to us. A half bath had to be not only expanded and converted to a full bath, it also had to be handicap accessible. Our current family room had to be expanded, with closets added and made into a downstairs full bedroom. A new family room had to be constructed to replace the current family room. Wow! Where to begin? We would require footers, foundations, framing, siding, roofing, drywall, flooring, electrical, plumbing...the list just kept growing. Added to that was the need to complete all of the work with some expediency. From the moment Mr. Suttle first arrived at our home to discuss our plans and needs, we knew we had made the correct choice for our contractor. The Four Oaks Builders web page notes their extensive knowledge, expert solutions and ethical practices. Indeed these are all true, but we would add words like compassion and heart. Andy listened to us, answered our questions, made suggestions and presented us with a drawing and quote in short order. He thought of all the little details which we never had considered. Making sure such things as matching foundation brick, siding, roof, and windows were available for our 15 year old home. As soon as the plans were finalized and the quote accepted, Andy began assisting us with the preparation of the required HOA approval forms and documents. He truly embraced our situation as if it were his own...as if the new space was being prepared for his own parent. Never compromising quality, but mindful of a certain urgency. We appreciated not only his knowledge, expertise, solutions and ethics, but equally his sincere care. Our project was always moving forward. There were no lapses in the work. We were always kept informed and had daily contact with Andy. While we were not his only project during the work, we were always treated as if we were. The process was well organized, thorough, detailed and meticulous. The few minor glitches that popped up along the way were just that, remarkably few and minor considering the extensive amount of work and necessary coordination of so many individuals and processes. Ultimately the entire project was completed on time and we are thrilled with the final product. Not only is the quality of work excellent, but the flow of the house as well. Friends, family and other guests have noted that the addition and renovations look and feel as if they were part of the original structure and design. If we require this type of work in the future, we'll only be making one call...Four Oaks Builders.

Description of Work
12 foot X 8 foot addition for new family room 11 foot X 7 foot addition to old family room which provided a sitting area in the new in-law suite 2 foot X 4 foot pantry added to the kitchen Powder room converted to full bath and made handicap accessible - included jackhammering through slab floor for drain and water lines 8 foot closet added in new in-suite bedroom - included framing, drywall, painting, doors, trim, lighting and shelving All added interior walls finished and painted, crown molding in new in-law suite, new family room and dining room Ceilings painted in all added areas as well as in the kitchen Engineered pre-finished hardwood floors installed in the new family room, as well as kitchen, front hallway and dining room All wired to code, including family room ceiling fan and cable connection in family room Old back door removed new back door installed Additions included footer, foundation, framing, insulation, siding, roofing, gutters and downspouts Original 10 foot X 7 foot cement patio upgraded and expanded to 10 foot X 19 foot All landscaping disturbed by construction graded and seeded

Category contractors, drywall, hardwood floor, landscaping, lighting, remodeling, woodworking, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters, doors, patios