$39 Granite

Founded 2007 • With Angi since April 2009

3.6

800 Clanton Rd Ste W

Charlotte, NC 28217

We fabricate beautiful custom granite and marble countertops at phenomenal prices. For example, we have over 100 colors of granite that are $39 per square foot or less! Our prices start at $24.95 per sq. ft. for 3cm (1 1/4") thick granite custom cut from slab. And this does include installation! As well, we manufacture gorgeous custom cabinetry at low prices. Call us in Charlotte at 704 458-9944 or Matthews/Monroe at 704-842-2475 for a free in-home estimate. Thank you!...

03/20/2017

Amy W.

Terrible. Have to take them to small claims

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen countertops with granite.

08/26/2016

Amy W.

Almost from the start we saw issues with $39 Granite. The contract did not match the package we purchased. Our Salesman Wes assured us this was no problem. I made notes on the contract, but then never received a copy. $39 Granite was unable to calculating the correct square footage, so we (homeowner) used AutoCAD to draw up the counter top pattern and provided the actual square footage. They missed their install date by almost a month. Numerous times workers showed up without an appointment and no call ahead. On a few occasions they called ahead as they were in route, but they had no appointment, so I had to drop what I was doing and run home. Pieces were cut wrong at the admission of the shop supervisor and our salesman and even their office manager admitted it was like the perfect storm of, “if it could go wrong, it did”. (Interestingly enough, the salesman mentioned they were having a number of issues with other customers similar to ours.) Because so much went wrong we made the poor decision of trying to work with them when they cut a hole the incorrect size for the provided outlet device we had purchased in advance. From the beginning of this process, we had showed the specs of the device; at time of quote, the salesman made notes on it, and it was again noted at time of contract signing. The salesman said it would be no problem and no extra charge. We had the device at our home for the templater to see. He did not put it on the template, he said the installer would take care of that. We have since found out this is their standard procedure to not include holes such as this and faucets, but then they claimed because it was not on the template that meant is was not part of the original plan. The templater did look at the device and specs. I even offered to send it with him to the shop, he said no need. The salesman came to our home and made a template of our sink, as the templater was not able to do it, and again I showed him the device and specs- still no concern raised. When the installer showed up, he said he had no knowledge of the required hole. I was shocked as I made sure to keep all parties informed. He took issue with the dimension of the hole required. The office told him to get it done. He quickly ordered the hole saw, but it was the wrong size; despite the clear information provided from the spec. sheet we provided him in real-time before he ordered the tool. When the shop supervisor appeared on site we showed him the specs. At that time the shop supervisor also note that two of the Island pieces were cut wrong, one was to have the hole cut in it. They ended up re-cutting 3 pieces (as they had cut them wrong at the admission of their own shop supervisor- one the measurement was significantly smaller than the template said) and cutting the hole at the shop, using the same incorrect hole saw, despite our insistence that they follow the manufacturer specs. We tried to get an oversized ring piece from the device manufacturer to make the oversized hole usable, while it appeared to work, it shifted in the oversized hole 3 weeks later and would not extend out of the counter-top without jamming, and also no longer had a waterproof seal to protect against electrical shock. The salesman had told us we could have it covered under warranty (which covers cuts and installation) if the possible fix did not work, so I called the office on July 7th (less than a month after install) and was told by the office manager, "we are not inclined to cut you another piece." They have refused to recut/replace the small section that has the oversized hole. Their own people admitted their mistake to our face, but $39 Granite denied there culpability. They have changed their story over and over with our mediators. They over and over again refer to fixing their mistakes as trying to please us, as though they are doing us a favor when they clearly, and at the admission of their own employees, messed up. To sum up, we received terrible service, unprofessional, they will not backup their warranty, they will not return our calls, we have had to use mediators to communicate, they blame us for their mistakes, and continually change their story. I do not consider this professional or ethical. A reputable company would not act like this. They have not provided any of the notes taken from the salesman or templater, and still haven’t given us our copy of the contract from day one. Unfortunately, we have come to find out this is a pattern, so much so, that the BBB knows them by name and is very familiar with the company and its owner and the many complaints that are brought against him. I would not recommend them for anything. My friends who saw first- hand what we went through will not use them. I strongly advise anyone considering using them to go somewhere else. The problems in the company are not just the employees- but appear to come from the top.

Description of Work
replace countertops with Granite countertops

07/12/2016

Jeffrey B.

Worst customer service ever! I paid for the granite over 6 weeks ago and after 3 times of them not showing up for the installation appointment, it was finally installed today. The installers had a bad attitude because I complained about them not showing up the 3rd time and were in such a hurry to get the granite installed and leave that I didn't have a chance to inspect it and notice there were three (3) big cracks/chips in it. I also paid to have the holes for the drain & faucet bored in the granite but the installers refused to do it. This is the most unreliable and unprofessional company I have ever dealt with. I will NEVER do business with them again and will warn everyone I know to steer clear of them. Words just can't express how unprofessional and unreliable this company is. The office manager (Dottie) was very nice on the phone and said she just couldn't give me any excuse or reason for all the missed appointments but obviously they tell you what you want to hear because the installers were supposed to be at my home at 5:30 today (after 3 missed appointments) and didn't show up until 6:30. Take my advice, GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!

Description of Work
Needed Granite to be installed and holes bored for the drain & faucet

02/08/2016

Frank M.

I have to say I was a little hesitant to go with this place after some of the research I did. However, I had a good experience. My sales person helped me find a quartz remnant and we worked through the details quickly. It was a good deal for quartz that I wouldn't have been able to get anywhere else. The template was done right and install was on-time and as expected. The cuts looks good and the sink was mounted and secured. I made sure to install a support bracket behind the sink for extra support myself which gave me more piece of mind. My sales person ended up leaving the company but still hung through my order through to the end.

Description of Work
Installed a bathroom vanity

01/14/2016

james J.

Charged for more granite than was installed. Charged sales tax when they should not. Did not install properly. I originally went on their street sign that says $19.95 per square foot. When I got in the door, they explained that the low price was only for 5sf or less. That feels deceptive. The remaining issues are that they cancelled installation of the day we scheduled 30 minutes prior to the end of their installation window. I had already stayed home from work. When they did install, they did not run caulk between the back splash and the wall leaving a gap that was visible. On the invoice, they charged for sales tax which is now as of Jan 1st 2015 not legal in NC if the product that is purchased is also installed. Finally, they charged me for 37.2sf of granite. Anyone with a tape measure can measure and see that I only had 35sf. They over charged me. When I called to discuss with the "General Manager". He rudely told me to deal with the owner Lee. When I spoke to Lee, he said that the other person I spoke to was not the manager even though his card says "general manager". There is a reason that these guys refuse to settle disputes through the BBB. They are not professional and not honest. (via charging the wrong square footage). I made a report on BBB. They answered that they came out 2 times to template. That is just not true. They also said that they did not caulk because I did not ask for caulk! Caulk is standard for installation of granite. These guys are just plain not honest.

Description of Work
Installed Granite in our house

Category countertops, marble & granite

The following is a copy from the BBB concerning the complaint from [Member Name Removed] and the answer he received: Complaint Charged for more granite than was installed. Charged sales tax when they should not. Did not install properly. I originally went on their street sign that says $19.95 per square foot. When I got in the door, they explained that the low price was only for 5sf or less. That feels deceptive. The remaining issues are that they cancelled installation of the day we scheduled 30 minutes prior to the end of their installation window. I had already stayed home from work. when they did install, they did not run caulk between the back splash and the wall leaving a gap that was visible. On the invoice, they charged for sales tax which is now as of Jan 1st 2015 not legal in NC if the product that is purchased is also installed. Finally, they charged me for 37.2sf of granite. Anyone with a tape measure can measure and see that I only had 35sf. They over charged me. When I called to discuss with the "General Manager". He rudely told me to deal with the owner ***. When I spoke to ***, he said that the other person I spoke to was not the manager even though his card says "general manager". There is a reason that these guys refuse to settle disputes through the BBB. They are not professional and not honest. (via charging the wrong square footage). Desired Settlement Refund of $117.95 Business Response *********** received 38.9 sq. ft. of granite. He agreed to pay $29.95 per sq. ft. for the granite. That total is $1165.05. *********** paid $1147.95. By my calculation, *********** owes us $17.10. However, since we are a very nice company we are willing to forego the $17.10. And we sent out our templater twice which is normally an extra $200 charge for the second trip because *********** changed what he wanted after our first template which we did not charge him. We also cut 2" grommet holes for him that ore normally $50 each which we did not charge him. And, *********** did not pay for us to do caulking. So, *********** received a value of $267.10 more than what he really paid. *********** should be extremely happy with our service. Thank you very much for your business, ***********. Mr. [Member Name Removed] is not correct in his accessment and he did not respond back to the BBB concerning our response. Mr. [Member Name Removed] said that he was going to us another company but he did not because our company had the material he wanted at the price that he liked. As you can see, he paid less than the amount he received, he didn't pay for sales tax which we paid, we did the job exactly the way Mr. [Member Name Removed] agreed to on our contract. We do sell $19.95 granite all the time but it is for small pieces that we have left over. We have a lot of them and instead of throwing them away we would rather sell them at a loss to have more customers be happy with our service. Mr. [Member Name Removed]'s job required 38.9 sq. ft. of granite. That is almost a full slab. Mr. [Member Name Removed] paid $29.95 per sq. ft. for his job. NO ONE offers Steel Gray granite for $29.95 per square foot. But WE DO! Mr. [Member Name Removed] should shop at Home Depot or Lowes and try to get granite for that price. He won't, didn't and he got one heck of a deal!

11/21/2015

SHELRON R.

The work was good but the punctuality was not. I would use them again on a limited basis. I would not give them a big project. They have no project management skills, they are good at telling you what you need and getting someone to do the job but they don’t oversee the work that their contractors or their employees do. So they don’t know if it is right or wrong. They didn’t have people who communicated well in English. I can’t get an estimate from them to install some cabinets. When I called the girl she said the estimate was ready but her manager won’t let it be released until he has reviewed it. When I asked when he is ground to review it the first time she said he is going on a cruise and the second time she said he has not gotten around to it.

Description of Work
They did cabinets, counter-tops flooring, tile and the shower.

05/28/2015

Bill W.

Well, we didn't pay $39. But I'm guessing most people don't. After seeing all of the samples in the showroom and discussing how much we actually needed (small amount) they suggested we could actually get it cheaper by getting a remnant from the factory. Of course, the warehouse had some amazing choices and we ended up picking a very exotic piece. Stil felt we got a good deal and very happy with what we chose. The installation was quick and flawless. They were efficient, careful and very nice about explaining the sealing process.

Description of Work
Installed granite bar top

05/18/2015

Scott P.

I guess I'll start by saying the end result came out fantastic for the granite counters and the price was better than anyone else in the Charlotte area without a doubt, but all the pain that was incurred to get there was very trying. We selected beautiful Delicatus granite from Granite Expo at $49 per sq ft. All other vendors wanted $69 or higher for the same granite installed. The contract signing went well, but if you decide to use $39 granite, do yourself a favor and work directly with Lee the owner. He can make decisions that Tom and others can't make. Lee accommodated our larger sink at same cost if we supplied the sink. He also gave us the $49 price even though we were over the square footage for that deal. Thumbs up. Tom is a bit rough around the edges, so know that going in. Then it started to go downhill. They way overcharged us to demo and cut down our 2-level island to a single level. I think is was $700 and it took the guy 1.5 hrs. Lesson learned. The guy who templates the kitchen came on time and took the measurements. Then the scheduling got messed up and on numerous occasions. People who were supposed to come out didn't show up and didn't call us. My wife was left waiting on several occasions for hours. The granite was to be installed at 11 am. They showed up at 7 pm to start. Since it was dark and they couldn't see outside, they cut the entire hole for a 36" cooktop in the kitchen. They made a huge mess and didn't contain the granite dust. They were supposed to cut the majority of it outside and finish the corners inside. Then after they installed the island piece, we noticed the ogee edge was wavy and unlevel. They rushed the job cutting the edge and the quality was a 1 out of 10. They had to remove and take the piece away to fix it. The two other pieces for the counters were installed. They didn't cut one of the pieces correctly at the end near our built in fridge, so there was a large gap. They paid to have our carpenters doing other jobs in the kitchen add a filler piece. Again, poor quality control. They did a good job on the seam though. I was happy with that. They also installed the sink and hooked up the plumbing. Good job, but those guys were late or didn't show up when scheduled... There were also several spots on the granite that were scraped and scratched. We had Lee come out and inspect and he agreed to send someone out to buff the spots. They came our pretty good, but not great. The island was brought back a week or so later, but it held up the rest of the kitchen remodel, so we had to do a lot of rescheduling. Luckily it made it back in one piece and the ogee edge was fixed. It took a lot of patience to deal with $39 granite. Next time, I'd pay more to get a more polished company that was professional and had better quality control. I think $39 granite is good for small jobs like our bathroom vanities. They have remnants at very good prices. For larger jobs, go with a company with more resources and better state of the art tools.

Description of Work
We hired $39 granite to lower our island to a single level and add new granite tops to island and counters. We had used them before and had a good experience on three bathroom vanity tops so we wanted to give them another shot for our kitchen remodel. This time it didn't go so well.

Category countertops, remodeling, home remodeling

Dear [Member Info Removed], I apologize for any issues that you had. We have completed more than 7000 jobs and over that time we have learned quite a few things. One is that Delicatus sometimes can take an ogee edge and sometimes it cannot. I don't believe that Tom told you this. We have been growing by leaps and bounds (we are up over 50% this year over our previous best last year and we have had to hire quite a few new personnel. I am glad that we were able to resolve your issues as any good company would do. I am in process of hiring a general manager that can oversee operations to make sure that all customers get top quality. This is our aim every time for our customers. Again, thank you for using $39 Granite. Sincerely, Lee Bonacum

05/01/2015

Kim G.

when we went to the shop to pick out granite counter tops, they were very helpful and not at all in a hurry to rush us out the door. We set up the appointment time for installation. The installation couldn't have gone any smoother. The guys knew exactly what they were doing! I would not hesitate to use this company again!

Description of Work
installed outdoor kitchen sink and granite counter tops

Category countertops, marble & granite

Thank you for your kind words. We always strive to give an excellent customer experience. Lee

03/23/2015

Randy G.

The Sales people and measuring person was great. The installers were 4 hours late, but let me know. The granite countertops were good. However, the installation was not so good. I needed to do a lot of caulking. One counter was larger than it should have been. The piece behind the stove was completely missing. There was a seam in the counter that we were not told about.

Description of Work
Installed new granite countertops

Category countertops, marble & granite

I sure hope that we got the piece behind the stove to you. This sometimes happens when a customer may tell our templater that they are getting a regular range and then they purchase a slide-in range where the controls are on the front. Slide-in ranges need the small piece in back. It is normal to do caulking after the job as existing walls are not straight. We explain that to you in our contract. And I'm sure that we would have been happy to correct the overhang.

03/03/2015

Nicholas G.

From beginning to end they did exactly as they said they would. Everyone was professional and were more concerned with our happiness than their profits. They did an absolutely fantastic job and exceeded all of our expectations.

Description of Work
Install new kitchen cabinets and Island and Granite.

Category custom cabinets, countertops, remodeling, marble & granite, home remodeling

Thank you for your kind words. We absolutely try to please every single customer.

02/17/2015

Laura H.

We visited the $39 Granite showroom on Jan. 17, discussed the needs for the job we wanted performed and made an appointment to see the granite on Monday Jan 19. On the 17th, while discussing the job, Lee (the owner) explained that this was a job the company could do, as they were also general contractors. On the 19th, we visited the granite warehouse and picked out a slab we liked. We signed a number of documents and provided a 50% deposit for the job. It was determined that a part of the existing wood around the fireplace would need to be trimmed and Lee said we would need to do that, as well as any caulking that may be needed. I told him we could not and he agreed to send a person to the house prior to the installation to trim the woodwork for an additional $100. He also agreed the installer would do the finishing caulking. We agree although the extra $100 seemed high. One of the guys was able to come and measure for a template on that afternoon and we set an appointment for the installation to be completed on Friday, Jan. 23. Lee said the guys would call before they came, so that I would not have to leave work any earlier than needed. On Friday, the guys did not call, and came earlier than expected. As they started to take out the old surround, they showed me that the trimmed out wood work would not fit the way the slab had been cut (the bottom of the hearth). The person who measured had not communicated how the granite should fit on top of the existing hearth. The installer told me he could trim the rest of wood so that it would fit, but could not be responsible if it was messed up. I explained that he would most defiantly be responsible. He called Lee and then trimmed out the rest of the wood. When the hearth was laid in place, it did not fit and the old hearth showed underneath it. The guys then took all of the materials, including the pieces of the old surround that they had removed and left. This left me with basically a hole in the wall around the existing firebox. I called Lee, who told me that they would cut another slab and someone would come the next afternoon to complete the installation. By 4:00 the next day, no one had come or called so I called Lee. He said the installer would not be able to get to my house until 6:00 or 7:00 that evening. When I told him that would not work, he said he'd come the next day (Sunday) and that he would call first. A different installed came on Sunday (did not call first and came early). When he arrived, he had a new piece for the hearth, but the pieces for the sides and top were not with him. As he looked at the fireplace, he explained that it had not been measured properly and we would need additional granite around the top and bottom of the firebox. He said he could not complete the job on that day and left, after installing only the hearth. This still left me with a hole around the rest of the existing firebox. I called Lee, but he did not return my call that day or the next day. I called him at the end of the day (Monday) and he said that the installer could return on the next Saturday morning and complete the job. On Saturday, the installer came after 3:30 and did not call first as Lee had promised. The job was completed that day. The end result looks pretty nice except that we were left with some finishing caulking to do ourselves. Even though the end result looks nice, it was too difficult to get this job completed. Lee was difficult to get in touch throughout the entire process. It was clear to me that he does not communicate well with his employees and they do not communicate well with him or each other. I cannot imagine dealing with them to try to get a big job completed. This was a small job and it was ridiculous how poorly it was handled.

Description of Work
Replaced a fireplace surround.

Category countertops, marble & granite

[member name removed] we appreciate your business. A retrofit for a fireplace is never as easy as it sounds. In this case, we were to fit a piece in a place that had previously had cultured marble. That meant we were to make a very tight fit in a place that wasn't perfect (this was not new construction). I admit that the 1st piece was cut a little wrong (it had a 1/4" radius on 2 ends) so we recut it right away. As far as the installers not calling beforehand, they are required to call all customers before they go to the customer's home. I will address this with them immediately. We tried very hard to please [member name removed] by even arranging to come out on a Sunday to make this work for her. We never work on Sundays. [member name removed] was aware that I was in Brazil buying granite to help get pricing for our customers that is always best (by cutting out the wholesale middleman) when her install happened and that she knew to call our customer service representative which she did.

02/26/2014

anthony J.

The only gripe I would have is that they were not clear on the granite selections. They ranged in price values and we ended up paying more because we thought we selected from one price range when we actually selected from another. Otherwise a pleasure to work with.

Description of Work
Sold and installed granite countertops.

01/22/2014

Marcia H.

Every time they set a time to come, they didn't show up and they didn't call. I ended up calling them a couple hours later and they said they would be there in 2 more hours. Then they would call in 2 hours and reschedule for another day. We lost so much faith in them that we had our credit card reissued to prevent them from collecting all their money before the job was done.

Description of Work
Installed granite on kitchen and bathroom countertop.

Category marble & granite, home remodeling

The reason that this was rescheduled a few times is that the customer had a cabinet that needed to be adjusted and only Mr. [remove member name] could do it and he worked out of town during the time period. I worked through Mr. [remove member name] to make sure that the cabinet was ready for install. When he finally got it done, then we installed at the time designated. I'm not sure that Mrs. [remove member name] knew about what needed to be done as I did not talk to her.

12/27/2013

Kathy A.

We picked out an exquisite type of granite from a huge showroom that would have cost much more if we had gone through anyone else. Lee was very personable and knew his business well. The job was scheduled and everything was finished on time and exactly as priced. They carted away the old counter tops and installed a heavy gauge aluminum sink as part of the deal. The plumber was a day late, but that was not $39.00 Granites' fault.

Description of Work
Walked us through the process and installed beautiful Granite counter tops..

10/21/2013

Laura Y.

I joined Angie's list AFTER I had paid half of the total cost to $39 Granite. Very stupid move; however, I am so excited and so pleasantly surprised of how awesome my new granite countertops look. My husband and I drove down to Charlotte from Lexington one Saturday to check them out. We have been shopping around for awhile for granite and saw $39 Granite on the internet. We picked out the granite we wanted and was ecstatic at the cost. The cost also included a sink. The following Tuesday a gentleman named Rafeal came to make a template of the countertops. He told me that we would most likely have a seam. We called the owner, Lee, and discussed with him that our whole reason for signing the contract was because he said there would be no seam. Lee assured us we would not have a seam. We scheduled the install. The install went very smoothly. It was months after the install that we ran into the bump. We received a notice from the installer; which was a contractor, not $39 granite, that $39 granite had not paid him to install 54 homes and that he had no other recourse but to put a lien on our home for the installation costs. I was furious; however, skeptical of the claim. Why in the world would one continue to install countertops up to 54 installations when he hasn't been paid for the first installation? Regardless, I was furious that the owner of $39 granite and the installer couldn't come to terms before it got to the "I'm suing the homeowner" stage. Fortunately I have a friend that is a lawyer and was able to make sure that, although a pain in my side, the contractor would not be able to put the lien on my home. Within a week or two we received a letter from Lee stating that all outstanding claims to the contractor had been paid. It really is a shame because I am thoroughly pleased with the product I received, but the hassle we went through to make sure a lien would not be put on my house is not worth the cost savings. I did not have any issues with the owner; well, other than the notice that he wasn't paying his contractor which is enough of a red flag for me not to use him in the future. What was provided was great, but it came with headaches.

Description of Work
We contracted with $39 Granite to install 33 feet of granite countertops. Our kitchen is quite small so we asked for the "L" shaped portion of the counter to NOT have a seam. He delivered the countertop with no seam.

Category countertops

All of our installers have always been paid. The person involved was someone that was terminated by me and was upset and thought he could create problems for out company if he did this.

08/05/2013

Izadora A.

Initially the experience was great. We walked into the store and Lee, the owner was very nice. Falling for the nice guy act was my first mistake---it must be more like absent minded. The whole process in picking out the granite was fine...but then again...it was before they had my money. I kept getting conflicting information from the designer I was working with...first there would be no seam, then there was--but it would be in the middle of the sink, then they never said middle of the sink because that is not structurally sound..yada yada...I should have known then. So--we were initially set to have the countertops installed and the appointment was set a couple of weeks in advance---2 days before they were supposed to do it---all of a sudden the plumber they use was going to be out of town on vacation. All of a sudden? You only have 1 plumber for your whole business??. Fine..at this point there is no turning back. The next week there staff comes to install it. One of them speaks broken english at best. They do a pretty good job for what they have ---but its not good. The seam...and not the actual seam itself, but the transition of the one piece of granite to the other looked horrible. Their "designer" thought it would look great there.....no such luck. It looks like 2 pieces of totally different wall paper put next to each other. So they do their thing and install and clean supposedly seal the granite. After they leave..I clean the granite and notice scratches and cracks along the edges and even on the face of the stone--it is very rough in spots. Sub-par job all the way. I call to complain and miraculously my "designer" has left for another job at another company. I talk to Lee and play phone tag with him for a number of weeks. Finally he agrees to send someone out. When he does--not only was he 2.5 hours late--again he speaks absolutely zero english. The guy does his best and fixes some of the issues but we are still unhappy with the job. Even with all this---to try and have the owner, Lee, come out to look at it, I promise him more money by telling him I want to redo my bathroom on the main level so ask him to come out and do a measurement. Well when I say that, his eyes light up at the thought of more money and says he can be there at 6:45 2 evenings from now. Well, as the responsible adult that I am, I rush home from work to make the appointment. 6:45 comes and goes and no one shows. Finally at 7:05 I call Lee and in his humorous little voice he says he did not have me on his schedule for today but would be happy to come out tomorrow. I said...yeah sure. He is as absent minded as he is unprofessional and unreliable. Universal Stone, Tile Collection, Panda Kitchen---pretty much anywhere else you could go would do a better job than these scam artists could Save yourself a ton of trouble and stay away from $39 Granite.

Description of Work
I hired $39 dollar to install new kitchen countertops in my kitchen

Category countertops

I am sorry that you were not happy with our work. We have done over 5000 jobs in 6 1/2 years and try very hard to satisfy all our customers. All our installers, fabrication team and service personnel speak perfect English. I know that we seem to get slighted because our name implies "Cheap". But, I assure you that our processes are the best and highest quality in the industry. We inspect all slabs for the best quality including going with our clients to choose their slabs to be sure they receive the best attention possible. This is very rare in the industry. Our professional team works with the homeowner throughout the process to be sure they are satisfied completely. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me directly on my cell phone at 704-685-1492. Thank you!

11/28/2012

Tim M.

This was an excellent experience. Shawn went out of his way to make sure that we were installed when we neede to be and the work was done properly. We had a bar, and two L angles and they did it with seams. The clearance was so close I wouldn't have trustd myself to do the measurements even if asked, and it was precise. The price was very affordable, actaully less expensive than laminate, and we love the colors.

Description of Work
We had granite installed in the kitchen - multiple pieces, no semas.

Category countertops, marble & granite, home remodeling

09/25/2012

Heidi L.

I was planning on replacing our bathroom countertops and visited the $39 Granite Showroom after seeing it from the road several times. They had a large selection and the salesperson, Adair, described how their service worked by visiting the granite suppliers to pick out my granite. She explained that there was a 30 sf minimum order and that bathroom vanities were usually done using remnants for $29 sf. Since I had 2 large vanities in the same bath we agreed to look at both remnants and slabs. We scheduled an appointment to meet that week. Over the course of about 4 appointments, we selected a Carrera marble, which was an upgrade to $49 sf. Adair was very pleasant to work with, although she was very late for several of our meetings and came across as disorganized. The day before the meeting where I was to finalize my selection and go over the contract, I asked if she could email me a copy of the contract to review so we could move quickly since I would have my kids with me. She told me they weren't able to do that. The next day she arrived late to our appointment, took phone calls during our meeting, and provided me with one long contract to initial and sign. By that point I didn't have time to review everything before signing, so I said I would take it home and fax it to her. She was initially reluctant because it was the only copy she had with her, so there wouldn't have been a copy for my records. I also unexpectedly needed a small piece of marble for a shower threshold repair, which she was very helpful in finding for us, however, the communication with the fabricators on what needed to be done was poor and the threshold wasn't ready when I arrived at my scheduled time to pick it up. I called several weeks later when we were ready for the final measure. When Adair called me back with the final dimensions and costs, she said that the minimum order was 35 sf (my order was about 34 sf). After looking into it she said it's less for marble because the slabs are smaller, but 30 sf was what was always communicated to me regardless of granite or marble. I told her this was different than what was communicated earlier. (She brought this up again several times in future discussions.) A couple days later I went to the $39 Granite warehouse to approve the templates. After waiting for about 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment time, I met with Lee Bonacum, the owner. I was originally supposed to meet with another person, but Lee had him working on another task. No actual templates had been made for my sinks. Lee had a the drawings and dimensions for my project. We reviewed the drawings and I pointed out a design issue that needed to be changed, which he agreed to. We also discussed the use of side splashes. I wasn't planning on using them, but still wanted to order them just in case I changed my mind at the installation. After the installation was delayed a day, the installers arrived. The first master bath countertop was too long and had not been cut according to the measurements on the drawing, so it had to be returned to the warehouse and was installed later that afternoon. The second master bath counter top was cut incorrectly. It was the issue Lee and I had discussed two days before and agreed to change. Due to the location and type of cut, the existing countertop could not be recut. Lee and his crew at the warehouse checked to see if there was enough marble remaining from my slab for a new counter, but there wasn't. At this point just wanted to be done, and after some thought and discussion I agreed to a $300 discount for their avoidable mistake. I feel this was actually quite flexible from me as the alternative would have been for $39 Granite to replace both master bath counter tops, but replacing only one would have resulted in mismatched stones. After we agreed to this, the installers completed the installation. When I asked for the side splashes, I was told by the installer that they didn't have them on the truck and they had not been cut at the warehouse. I notified Adair that I no longer needed them and since they had not been fabricated they could just credit me back for that square footage. The side splashes were on the drawings I reviewed with Lee at the warehouse 2 days before and included in the square footage I paid for. Again, Adair brought up the $35 sf minimum and the $300, which I reminded her was for a different mistake. After a couple of weeks I noticed that the $300 credit went through but nothing for the side splashes. I sent an email to Adair (also noting that I had not been credited the taxes back) and called her the next day. She said the $300 credit was it and included taxes. When I asked about the side splashes, she kept referring back to the $300. I explained the $300 was for the other error which was agreed to before we even knew the side splashes had not been completed. I was requesting a refund for product I paid for and did not receive. She said I'd have to talk to Lee. She also said they didn't charge for a square foot of backsplash. I told her I knew the back and side splashes were calculated into the total square footage and would like her to send me a copy of the measurements and final statement, which I had reviewed but had not received a copy of. She said they didn't provide them unless requested. I told her that's what I was doing. She told me she didn't care for my tone wasn't going to talk to me any more and I had to talk to Lee and hung up. My tone was certainly one of frustration, but I wasn't yelling or insulting, or doing anything other than repeat the above. I called Lee immediately, told him I had talked to Adair, and explained to him my expectation on the side splashes. He told me he thought I was taking advantage of them and hung up on me. I received a 13% credit on an avoidable mistake they made. I also was requesting a refund for a product I ordered (side splashes) and did not receive that was included in the overall square footage for which I paid. I found $39 Granite to be extremely unorganized and unprofessional and would not use them again.

Description of Work
Cut and installed 3 marble countertops for 2 bathrooms,, including 3 undermount sinks

Category countertops

The member received a $300 credit for a 3/4" x 3/4" clip that she originally ordered but changed later. Her backsplashes were ordered by her and hence would need to be paid for as they were produced.

07/18/2012

David B.

Overall it went really well. We chose a slightly more expensive exotic granite, but the price was still less than we thought we would need to spend. The package deals are very good. Adair was our sales Rep and she was great. They were all very professional. They did what they said they would do. They arrived when they were supposed to arrive. They did forget one piece of granite for our island, but they handled it quickly and professionally to our satisfaction. I would recommend them.

Description of Work
All new granite counter tops installed in kitchen covering about 50 square feet. This install included a new stainless steal under counter 60/40 double sink. We first met them at their showroom to go over options and they presented us with some very good package deals that worked well for us. Later we went to view a wide variety of Granite to choose from. We chose our Granite and put down our deposit. They came to the house and created a template to cut from. We were given the option to help decide where exactly to make the Granite cuts, but we let them choose. A week later they ariived first to shut off the water and remove the old sink, and then a little later to remove the old counter tops and install the new Granite. The next morning they installed the new sink.

06/16/2012

Jeffrey V.

Great! They did what they said they would do, when they said they would do it, and did a fantastic job! Also did an admirable job of cleaning up after themselves when they were done.

Description of Work
they replaced my old green laminate countertops with granite. They met with me at the granite warehouse, helped my pick out my slabs, then came and installed the countertops. I got a great deal, and the countertops look great!

03/13/2012

Jo F.

It went very, very well and Angie's helped me very much. I felt more comfortable using them.The price was fantastic. The installers were wonderful. I got bottom of the line granite and they treated me like I was getting top of the line granite.

Description of Work
They provided new countertops for me.

03/07/2012

EUGENE & JANE K.

I strongly suggest you do not use this company. We hired $39 Granite on 1/26/12 to install new tile in our master bathroom. Our sales rep, Gaye Mitchum, overpromised and underdelivered throughout the entire job process. After two weeks, our tile finally arrived, only to be the incorrect tile. Thankfully, I happened to notice the incorrect tile on the truck before the installer put it in our bathroom. However, the existing flooring had already been torn up and removed, so we were without a toilet and proper flooring in our master bathroom for 8 days until the correct tile arrived and was installed. Employees often arrived late or sometimes without any notice at all - no courtesy phone calls were made to let us know they were running late or what time they would arrive. The company insisted on a 50% deposit up front and the remaining balance due just PRIOR to install. I saw this as a red flag and requested that they not charge my credit card for the remaining balance until AFTER the install. They refused, and in hindsight, I should have asked that my deposit be returned and found another company. Lee Bonacum, the owner of $39 Granite, got involved when I discovered that the incorrect tile had come in. He was intially responsive to my concerns, agreeing to offer a discount on the job and ensuring the job would be completed to satisfaction, but failed to follow through. I expected a much higher level of professionalism and service, considering our situation. The correct tile was finally installed approximately 2 1/2 weeks ago. It is now over six weeks since we hired $39 Granite and, after multiple attempts to reach Lee Bonacum by phone, I have not received a return phone call or a response from Mr. Bonacum with regard to my suggestion that we meet in person to discuss the situation. Most recently, via email, Mr. Bonacum has stated that he refuses to 1) handle minor carpet repairs as a result of the tile installation, 2) handle grout repairs pertaining to uneven grout color during installation, and 3) honor his word that a discount would be offered on the job as soon as it was completed to satisfaction. Mr. Bonacum told me during our one telephone conversation that "my reputation is everything." Unfortunately, Mr. Bonacum's actions do not reflect these words. Save yourself the time and the headache and find another company to install your tile.

Description of Work
New flooring tile installed in master bathroom.

Category home remodeling

You know, this is how dangerous an internet posting can be. This customer has never been promised a discount. I never promised to visit with her (nor has she asked). What she is complaining about is that our installers would be either on time (our granite installer called her and was 5 minutes late) or at the most 15 minutes late for each appointment. The time that we were 15 minutes late, my tile installers mother-in-law died and he had to make arrangements for his wife to travel. This customer was notified of this and she could have cared less. As for the wrong tile coming in, we ordered the right tile and the supplier shipped the wrong sized material. As soon as it came in properly we put her to the front of our install schedule and we installed it. Incidentally, the customer does not say that I called the supplier daily to try to expedite her order. The issue with the tile grout has just become an issue as she never told me about it. She has lied about me not contacting her. I kept in contact with her throughout the process. I have told her that I will get a carpet company to take care of the carpet issue but being that it is a very minor issue, carpet companies don't want to do it. I've even offered to have our company give them future work so that they would fix it. So far, I have not been able to get anyone to bite. But I am diligent about getting it done. Sometimes, people that are bored with life take things out on people that care about their work. We have tried to satisfy this customer. Please note, she does not complain about the quality of the work.

12/06/2011

Frank R.

cutting the slab. We finally got Lee on the phone, he apologized, and everything was back on track. Mistakes and goofs, glitches always happen with a large project. What's important is if the owner stands behind the problem. To make matters worse, when one of the counter top pieces was delivered, it was the wrong depth (too deep). Fortunately it was too deep and not the other way around and the installers cut it down in the driveway. Keep in mind you are dealing with the FABRICATOR directly. You will not get the hand holding you will at a big box store as a result. But our granite would have cost $79.00 / sq ft at most retailers (installed) and we paid $49/sq ft including an upgraded edging treatment that would have cost more at a retailer. For us, we don't mind dealing with a few glitches that come from working with the warehouse and factory direct, its worth the savings but we've been through several kitchen makeovers and are comfortable with the process. We'd use them again without hesitation!

Description of Work
The service was a bit spotty, but overall we got exactly what we wanted for 30% less than retail store prices. We paid $49/sq foot for the upgraded tier 2 Granite (Crema Montana) which looks stunning in our kitchen and completely transformed not only the kitchen but the entire house. We started this process with Sara their sales rep back in August. When the two slabs were delivered, Sara stopped returning calls. Turned out she quit and had moved to another job. While she agreed to finish helping us she could only come on Saturdays and our schedule did not permit this. Lee the owner, had just returned from his honeymoon and also dropped one of our calls to lay out the templates for

10/21/2011

Candace R.

I saw them at a tradeshow. The lady who was in charge came out. She was on time, but she wasn't very informative and wasn't very engaged in the remodeling of our house that had fallen through. Her prices were good, but we really had to be picking granite that she knew they would have in stock at the salvage yard. At the tradeshow she led me to believe that her company did cabinetry. She said they could do that. They even had cabinet samples there. Once she came out and ordered to take a look at the cabinetry she had to have another person come. It was more or less his business and her referral. I would not recommend $39 Granite.

Description of Work
I contacted $39 Granite for granite work and kitchen cabinetry.

Category custom cabinets, marble & granite

We do cabinetry in the same way that Lowes or Home Depot does cabinetry. We buy from manufacturers and also custom cabinetmakers. When a job is custom it takes a bit to price out a job. Usually, it means that we need to meet with the client several times to give a proper price. Member, maybe you didn't understand this. If it was a matter of buying a stock cabinet we could have given you a price right away.