If you are considering buying a fixer-upper house that needs repairs, there are 12 key questions to ask. These will help you assess the scope of work and determine if you need minor cosmetic repairs or major renovations (or anything in between).
Get matched with top home inspectors in Gulfport, MS
There are 6 highly-rated local home inspectors.
Recent Home Inspection Reviews in Gulfport
- All American Inspections LLCDan & Tina performed an inspection on a 2004 house my wife and I were going to purchase in September 2020. Thank goodness they did. We received the 124 page inspection report and it was filled with so many major and minor issues it really saved our butts! We were more than pleased with the inspection but the seller was not. Because this is a sellers market like we haven’t seen in a while, the seller would not do the repairs nor discount the house more than what was agreed on before the inspection; telling us that his house was worth it and he would get his asking price. Maybe so, as I see his house is pending now. Nonetheless, Dan and Tina were professional, very detailed and caught things that were hidden from plain sight. The most shocking thing they found, besides fiberglass particles in the HVAC ducting and rotten facia in one valley, they left a whirlpool tub filled and running for a couple hours while they were performing their inspection. After a couple hours I was leaving them to finish with my agent and Dan pulled me aside to show me that there was a leak behind the shower wall that was so bad it was leaking water outside from the brick weep hole, something I have never seen in my 53 years (I often wondered why those weep holes were there). My wife and I are disappointed that the sellers wouldn’t do any repairs, and that we just spent a bunch of money on an inspection on someone else’s house but they saved us potentially tens of thousands of dollars in repairs. Thanks! We will be using them again shortly!! read less
- Danny Miller Plumbing IncI called in the morning and was given a tentative afternoon appointment for the same day (no specific time) which was great because we only have one toilet in the house. A friendly woman from the office then called me back about 30 minutes before the team got there. Chris and his partner arrived and were very friendly, knowledgeable and efficient. They cleared the clog, replaced the handle that was about to break and didn't try to make up excuses to spend more time than necessary to rack up the bill, and gave some good advice for how to keep the toilet free of clogs in the future. The service was an expense we hadn't prepared for, but their rate was a lot more reasonable for the parts and labor than calling someone like RotoRooter, so that was definitely appreciated. I will absolutely call them again if I have any issues they can help with in the future read less
- PRO-SPECT PROPERTY INSPECTIONPro-Spect and Randy Westrick have completed multiple home inspections for myself and many of my clients over 16 years. He is thorough, detailed, and honest. Findings are explained clearly and in a manner that can be digested and understood allowing clients to make informed decisions. Highly recommend read less
- Woody Stieffel Home InspectionsHe was very thorough and informative about every area of the house. We had all the items repaired and are buying the house.
- Woody Stieffel Home InspectionsAwesome. I used his services twice and would highly recommend him to anyone needing home inspection services. He was very professional, detailed and did not rush. Most importantly, he answers any questions, ensure you are completely informed and does an outstanding report with a follow-up.
- Woody Stieffel Home InspectionsExcellent! Woody was thorough and very knowledgeable on this inspection. He took pictures, used great detail to explain issues, and let us know how significant his findings were or would be in the future.
- Home Inspection & Building SpecialistI have recommend this company to many of my clients over the years. This is a well run company. They are always professional, knowledgeable, affordable and a pleasure to work with. If you need a home inspector this is the one you should call.
- Assured Home InspectionKevin is most definitely professional, thorough, honest and to the point. I highly recommend his services, you won't be disappointed! In my case numerous issues were found with said house that would have made purchasing my first home a nightmare!!
- Home Inspection & Building SpecialistThe inspector answered the first time I called and scheduled my appointment for the same week. He showed up and hour early and inspected the roof. (he spent an entire hour on the roof). He was extremely thorough. It was a very long inspection. He did a great job. He did find things wrong with the house (as always) and he explained everything he had found. He also recommended the way they should be fixed and how serious every issue was. I have had many inspections in the past on different homes and none compared to this one. The check list he goes over is very detailed. Overall: Great Customer service, Great Price, Great Home inspection. I would definitely use them again for our next home and recommend them to my friends read less
- Home Inspection & Building SpecialistThe price was about $350 for the preliminary service. It was $50 for the re-inspect. I thought it was very reasonable as well. It was very good service. They were prompt, professional and did excellent work. I would recommend their promptness, professionalism and thoroughness. They did everything the second time around that they did the first time around and did it equally well. It wasn't as detailed. All they were looking at is the items they found the first time to see if they were repaired. They did a very good job of that. My overall experience was excellent read less
Home Inspectors in Gulfport
- Business Description:Buying a home is important to you. Making sure you know what you are buying is important to us. Choosing Building Inspection Services, LLC, will show you why we are considered the top home inspection company in our area. Our inspections will include areas of the home's interior and exterior from the roof to the foundation and the exterior drainage and retaining walls. Building Inspection Services, LLC, promises you a very thorough inspection with verbal explanation of what we are seeing and a.. read lessRecent Review:It was perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better one. It was excellent.Kyle A.
- Business Description:We are a full service plumbing company from repairs to new construction and remodeling. Residential to commercial. We do it all in a professional and timely manner.Recent Review:Jay called and let me know his estimated time he would arrive and he was here on the nose. I live with my elderly mother 91, and not having the bathrooms working was an immediate problem to say the least. He explained what he was going to do and how much it would cost. And was very knowledgeable, friendly and even my dobe thought she’d made a new best friend. Before long he had the mess broken up and flowing. All toilets were flushing and the pipe was cleared in no time. I couldn’t be happier! I would not hesitate to call them again if I have any other plumbing issues. My house is old and at some point I can see having to redo some of the plumbing and I know I will be using this company when the time comes. Thanks a million Jay read lessSusan P.
- Business Description:Danny Miller Plumbing Inc. is a family owned and operated business founded in 1986. We started with two service trucks serving a 50 mile radius of Orange Grove. We now offer an ever expanding variety of repair and maintenance services to both homeowner and business with four service trucks, two vacuum trucks, jetting equipment and T/V Video Inspection equipment serving the Gulf Coast and surrounding counties. Danny, owner and master plumber has been in the plumbing industry since 1966, along .. read lessRecent Review:These are my future "go to" guys. I could not be more satisfied and pleased. I thank them very much!Rose Marie J.
- Business Description:228-863-4819 Gulf Coast Patio & Screen is the PREMIER BUILDING CONTRACTOR of patio covers,screen rooms,swimming pool enclosures,awnings,sunrooms,carports,decks,concrete,screen enclosures,awnings,carports,decks,aluminum patio cover kits.Visit www.gulfcoastpatioandscreen.com to see our beautiful work.We have been serving the coast since 1986.We are LIC. & INSURED.Mississippi building contractor LIC.#R08608.Call today for a FREE ESTIMAT read lessRecent Review:Professional, timely, and helpful. Needed a deck rebuilt after my previous stairs/deck had dry rotted. They came quickly, gave me a fair price, and it has held up well.Amy M.
- Business Description:Small business doing the lose ends you dont want too. Gutter cleaning, electrical work, changing light fixtures, plugs & switchs. Carpentry. I specialize in home repairs.Recent Review:Was very professional and very leased with the quality of work.Sam d.
- Business Description:You’d pay a fortune to keep your family safe, but you shouldn’t pay a penny more than $14.99! Most alarms systems seem like a bargain---UNTIL you look at the cost of signing a long-term alarm contract for $30, $40, sometimes even $50/month. Protect your home and your wallet with a SimpliSafe home security system. Our alarm monitoring costs just $14.99/month, and we’ll never lock you into a contract, so you are free to cancel with us anytime. Each year that you protect your family with SimpliS.. read lessRecent Review:Shortly after we ordered the system we changed our mind. The company said they would refund the money but never did. We disputed the charge but was denied from the credit card company even though SimpliSafe could not produce an invoice or any price they sent the system to us. This company is untrustworthy and does not deserve your business. Please save your time and money and use someone else. Just an update. They did return the money they originally refused to refund when we went through the credit card company. I can’t change the grade I have them because the only reason they issued the refund was to protect their standing on Angie’s list read lessKellie S.
- Business Description:AG Electric, LLC will get the job done right the first time on time and on budget time and time again. AG Electric, LLC assures that our customers will get the best service possible by catering to each individuals specific needs. Our customers are our number one proirity if you aren't happy we aren't happy. AG Electric, LLC has a well trained staff that will help with all your electrical needs from service calls to new construction to remodels. We use the best products available to assure you.. read lessRecent Review:Couldn't even get a quote in a timely manner. I could imagine the excuses if I would of contracted with this company.Dennis F.
- Business Description:Independent 3rd party roof inspection and consultation company.Recent Review:Ernie Haas provided a very thorough examination of our roof which enabled us (after much back and forth with our roofer (DCF Contracting)) to ensure that all necessary and required repairs were made to our roof. Mr. Haas stayed in contact with us for more than a month to ensure that any questions or issues we had were addressed read lessLarry T.
- Business Description:We have been inspecting homes since 1998.Recent Review:We hired HIBS for home inspection to protect us from falling into any major disasters such as the “Money Pit” upon purchase of our new home. We purchased from out of state and relied heavily on findings of the inspector to determine whether or now we would purchase the home. Inspection did not annotate any major findings regarding water leaks or damage. Immediately upon moving into the home, my wife and I noted water damage to some panelling around a shower unit, which was not noted on the inspection report. There was no mention of warped wood around shower/bath surround, or potential water concern behind the bath surround, even though to our eyes it was obvious within the first day after moving in. Upon further investigation we noted a serious water leak that was occurring in bathroom which had gone completely undetected by the inspector. In total it has cost us $17,000 and the headache of having to tear apart an entire bathroom and replace everything down supporting structures due to mold and water damage from a leaking shower pan. It was pointed out numerous times to us by HIBS as well as their liability coverage that within the contract it states to cover their ***** “inspector and its employees assume no liability or responsibility for the costs of repairing or replacing any unreported defects or deficiencies either current or arising in the future or any property damage” but, “inspector is liable only up to the cost of the inspection”. With that said, not $1 was refunded back on the fee of the $375 that I paid them to try and prevent this enormous $17,000 and 8 month headache. They’re unwillingness to accept any responsibility for missing water damages, which would’ve changed my decision to close on this house, nor offer any money period when major damage missed, I’d say save your money and skip the inspection with HIBS if you are in the market to buy a house. I’ve included some pictures of what a pitfall their inspection fees will get you read lessRian S.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang.. read lessRecent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESS read lessDebra C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home inspector articles
Getting ready to sell your house? A pre-listing home inspection may be something to consider to better understand the condition of home.Check out pros & cons of getting a pre-listing inspection as you work with your realtor to put your house on the market
A home inspection report has major consequences for your home or the house you’re looking to purchase. How can you be confident an inspector is right for the job? Ask these 17 questions to gain insight into their experience and knowledge.
Find home inspectors in
- Long Beach
- Pass Christian
- Ocean Springs
- Bay Saint Louis
home inspectors in Gulfport
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- AG Electric LLC1060 Park Ct N
- AG Electric LLC
- e.t.electric10105 tucker rd.
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- H2O Plumbing Services7261 Bayou La Croix Rd
Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi
- Halfacre Engineering15 Moss Forest Circle
- High Tech Home Warranties4208 Six Forks Rd, Suite 1000
Raleigh, North Carolina
- Home Inspection & Building SpecialistP.O. Box 273 604 Seymour Rd
Ocean Springs, Mississippi
- Home Services Pro9919 Highway 603
Bay St. Louis, Mississippi
- H2O Plumbing Services
- Just Fix It!27103 DV Moran Road
Pass Christian, Mississippi
- Just Fix It!
- MoistureFree Warranty20227 Railroad St
Cornelius, North Carolina
- MoistureFree Warranty
- Prestige Plumbing 55 Tin Hill Dr
- Prestige Plumbing
- WholeHouseFanGuy.com33175 Temecula Parkway 434