Keeping you and your home protected with fortified exterior doors doesn’t always mean replacing your door entirely. This guide will give you a few ways to strengthen your door and frame and make it resistant to forced entry.
Get matched with top door installers in Silex, MO
There are 6 highly-rated local door installers.
Recent Door Installation Reviews in Silex
- Boss RemodelingEddy and his men are amazing!! They always show up when they say they will and if something unexpected delays them they will call you to let you know. Also, they return phone calls, unlike many St. Joe construction businesses! We have had several projects completed by Boss Remodeling. The house we bought was missing the awning/overhang to the front porch and steps. B.R. installed concrete steps and built the porch railing with overhang beautifully!! Completely transformed the exterior look of the house. They have completed all kinds of projects for us and never disappoint!! High quality work for a great price! Always reasonable pricing, in my opinion the best in town. They go above and beyond and really take pride in their work. Eddy, Tony, and Ray are wonderful contractors who are a joy to work with. I HIGHLY recommend Boss Remodeling for any project/repair, big or small, you are needing done. They are fantastic!
- Wagner Residential & Excavating LLCNot good. Windows were replaced and installed but the trim both interior and exterior were subpar. NOT weather tight, not water tight by any means. Trim was piecemealed and not sealed. Caulking wasn't neat or purposeful. There were gaps in the caulk seams. Also caulk was wiped on the brickwork of the house (numerous spots). Door replacement - work not completed are promised and it leaks. Was told it "could have been leaking from a keyhole". No lock was installed on the sliding glass door. The handle was installed but the track lock is missing. Months have passed and Wagner continues to throw fault on Lowe's. (it wasn't in the package, therefore he isn't responsible) Debris was also all left behind. No attempt was made to remove debris despite being part of the job. Instead of removing debris, they brought additional. They brought debris from another job and left it at my home without my permission or knowledge. This just screams UNPROFESSIONAL
- Ace Handyman Services (formerly Handyman Matters)This last time they repaired a sliding glass door for me. They found the rollers were bad and ordered replacement ones. They contacted the tenant to set up a reasonable time and completed the work. The pricing is fair and I am happy with their services.
- Lakeside Renovation & DesignThey worked Aug 22-Oct19th. We worked with them from the planning stage. They also offered suggestions to help improve the plans. When they took off the two decks and started framing for the porch roof, the project coordinator came out and had us take a look at what we were about to do. He said that he believed the angle was wrong and he suggested changing the plan. It was something he caught and he spent half a day working on correcting. They adjusted it at no charge and it is improved because of it. Their workmanship was on point through out the whole process. The crew was friendly, polite, and fun. All of their subcontractors behaved in the same way. They cleaned up every day after they left. There was never anything left around. They have followed up since then, and verified that there was nothing else they needed to have done. They will also make an annual inspection of our house until we leave here. They also brought their own restroom facilities, which was a nice courtesy
- Midtown Home ImprovementsThey arrived at the house at 9am and finished at 1230pm. They cleaned up the mess and my husband and i were completely happy with the job.
- Midtown Home ImprovementsThey arrived at about 9am and were finished and cleaned up by 12pm. The doors look very nice and my husband and I are very satisfied.
- Schaefer Door Co. Inc.Schaefer Door did an awesome job. they were able to get the two broken panels off, put on temporary panels until our matching panels came in. they made our door operational again while parts were ordered. They did not try to sell us anything we did not need or new doors. It was their suggestion to repair what we had which made it as good as new! Dan & Scott were the service guys, very professional, great at their job and fast. on their return visit with our new panels, and at our request they replaced the wall button that was not working, they replaced the vinyl trim that was also broken with the door, replaced our keyless entry which was also not working and got our other door to latch correctly. All this which was so easy for them kept us from having to replace the whole door and the openers. they gave us their honest opinion to replace just the broken panels instead of replacing the whole door. They will be our first contact if we ever have garage door issues again. When I first called them I did not realize they could fix all our problems with the garage doors and openers Their prices were good, their response time was great, they came on time when they said they would be here. They are truly professionals and do great work. Darrell & Jeanett
- Nu-View Replacement Windows & DoorsMyself and my husband purchased a home in August 2014 with exterior logs and very old windows that were totally inefficient; the gas had gone in a couple of them and most of the windows had a milky coating, gaps, warping you name it they were over. Winter was approaching and we really did not want to spend the first one here with draughty windows. I shopped around and educated myself as to what kind of windows we might want and the price range we might be looking at. We had 3 companies, including NuView, come out to the house. We liked Dave from the get-go, he is not the typical sales guy and didn't push anything on us that seemed unecesarry, in fact he advised against a couple of options as he did not feel they were needed. That truly was a plus for us. His quote was middle of the range, but due to his demeanour and professionalism and the reviews I read we felt safe in his hands. When we picked out the frames we noticed that the choice of colours was not as extensive as some of the other providers, but we felt quality and good workmanship outweighed colour choice. We did find a colour that happily mixed in with our home, including any changes we may make to the exterior. Our order was made around November and we had the windows installed in December just before Christmas, yay! Whenever I read big purchase reviews I always wish people would update their reviews after living with their choices for a while, which is why I purposely waited before I reviewed our experience. So, 3 months in and after a cold and snowy winter I can report all is well. Our thermostat stabilised after the windows had been installed and we noticed it heated up much more efficiently than before with the old windows. It was a welcome relief not to have to keep increasing the temperature in the house just to get it warm. Everything works well, easy to open and close, easy to clean, no leaks. No problems whatsoever. When Dave and his crew installed the windows over the 2 days I was very impressed with how little chaos there was. In fact, it was like they were not here at times. They were very efficient, clean and conscientious and pleasant to be around. I still can't believe they replaced every window, thirteen in all, which included a sliding patio door and a huge window in our great-room, in just two days. I would highly recommend NuView if you are working with a budget and want the comfort of a good guarantee on the product and the installation. I read somewhere that if installation is not guaranteed that you should look elsewhere. I found that very interesting after our first in-home demo from a big nationwide company who promise you all kind of bells and whistles and NASA-like technology, who charge a small fortune, but DO NOT guarantee their installation. We liked the transparency of NUView (no pun intended) and are very happy with our purchase and experience
- Van Cleave Construction LLCEverything they have done has been exceptional! Greg was our on-site contractor and he was awesome to work with! He answered all our questions that he could or found the right resources to help us. There were a couple unexpected issues that came up (hidden in the walls) that they immediately took care of for us. Would recommend Erich and his team to everyone. Already have them set up for the next remodel project
- Master of Repair all Around the House, LLC.. It was very good. He was very professional and clean. He put drop cloths down and cleaned up after himself. He was very courteous and polite. He even pointed out that I have a structural problem with my foundation. The house is moving and it is causing cracks in the walls and door jams. I appreciate that he pointed that out to me
Door Installers in Silex
- Business Description:We are committed to our customers, providing exceptional products at an unbeatable price with service at the top of the list. Our products are EPA Lead-Safe certified and our windows are Energy Star certified and are backed by the Good Housekeeping Seal. Additional DBAs - Window World of St Louis & Window World Inc. Locally owned & operated by Jon Gillette & Jim LomaxRecent Review:i signed the contract November 16 to have 12 windows replaced; one of which was broken. (since another one was broken). I was told it would be about 12 weeks due to the Covid-19 problem. Today is Feb 26. It has been 15 weeks and still no windows. I am told the installation is scheduled for March 9. I have been told the windows arrived at Window World 3 weeks ago. I have called the company many times explaining the broken and leaking window. Receptionist told me that they understand and that my file is on their desk. As soon as the windows arrived they would schedule an install as soon as possible. Three four weeks later is ridicules. I feel that once I paid the required deposit I ceased to be a customer and became simply a number on the list. I do not believe they have been honest with me with time frame. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM!!!!Tom J.
- Business Description:At America West Homes kitchen cabinet refinishing is our main line of work. We take your existing cabinets and make them look amazing with our unique application. We can even add new handles and crown molding as needed. Visit kitchencabsstl.com to find out why America West Homes is #1 in Cabinet Refinishing in St LouisRecent Review:If you are thinking about doing something new with your cabinets, we highly recommend America West. Prior owners painted our kitchen cabinets a dark green color, and left some empty nooks where cabinets belong. New cabinets and re-facing were cost prohibitive. And painters weren't able to repair the cabinets or fill in the nooks. Larry and America West was just what we were looking for. Not only did they sand and paint the cabinets a beautiful off white, they added a new cabinet in the nook, a wine shelf above the fridge, and additional trim and add-ons throughout. It looks like a brand new kitchen for a fraction of the price. We love our new kitchenpaul g.
- Business Description:We offer custom home remodeling services, specializing in James Hardie Siding. Our experience with siding replacement goes back more than 20 years, and we have fully trained crews that offer the best quality exterior home remodeling in the St. Louis area. We keep our operating costs low so that we can retain the most experienced craftsmen in the industry and provide the best value for your dollar. No one can match our high end quality at our price. Our services include: Siding, Soffit/Fa..Recent Review:Nearing the end of the project and it looks spectacular. This crew works incredibly hard, from sun up to sunset and the work is just perfect. I have never had a house project go this well. Great attention to detail and workers are very polite and considerate. Highly recommenJoan N.
- Business Description:Classic Copper Works uses time honored German copper smith techniques handed down from father to son and passed on to our highly skilled artisans. We specialize in the fabrication of custom copper & bronze products and other metal specialties. WE DO NOT OFFER REPAIR SERVICES OF ANY KIND. Additional phone number - (888) 908-5339Recent Review:They was out of state and was not able to do work. Could not find someone in my area.L S.
- Business Description:Specializing in custom decking, crown molding, your one-of-a-kind projects and ideas while offering a wide range of professional home repair and general constructionRecent Review:Couldn’t not have been more impressed and pleased at the job Jeff and his team did. Their prices were very fair and their work was over the top impressive. They finished the project in time and exceeded our expectations. Will definitely use them again for projects. Recommend highlDeena W.
- Business Description:GoEcoExteriors is a locally owned full scale contractor located in Ellisville, MO serving the greater St. Louis area. Specializing in all your new construction and home improvement needs. With our full team of qualified tradesmen we're able to offer services which include the repair or replacement of your roof, the installation of a variety of our energy efficient windows and doors, the installation of siding, railings, skylights, soffit, fascia, shutters, gutters, gutter screens, decking, fe..Recent Review:I am highly disappointed with GoEcoExterior, a local construction company in the Ellisville area, and recommend that consumers think twice before hiring them. They pass themselves off as an experienced and highly rated company, but that is highly suspect. Do not be fooled by their polished website. I paid them a considerable amount of money only to be treated as a low priority once they received the final payment and became a victim of their smooth talking sales pitch and poor customer service. On August 13, 2019, I signed a contract to install nine replacement windows and siding on my primary dwelling, which is less than 1,000 square feet. As of today, there is still unfinished work, although I paid them in full in November 2019. In my opinion, their office staff is incompetent, and some of the worse I have ever witnessed. They are prompt in collecting money and providing excuses. The length of time it has taken them to perform these two tasks has been highly unreasonable and disrupted to my family. And their lack of empathy and unwillingness to remedy the problems encountered during this entire period is deplorable and inexcusable, which is now entering the fifth month. The only thing that has been timely is collecting payments. In late October, they installed the windows in one day, but the siding has taken over three months. Once they received the full amount in November, the work lost momentum and slowed down to a snail's pace one to days a week on average. There has been no activity since January 7, 2020. And there is still some minor unfinished work, i.e., completing window trim, shutters installation, replacement of a window that was ordered in error, and clean up and hauling a large amount of debris away from the backyard and driveway. I last spoke to Jennifer on January 24 asking for a completion date, got more excuses, and there's been no more communication from her as to the status. As a result, I have filed a formal complaint with the Missouri Attorney General Office because I no longer trust them and suspect that they have done this to others. Overall, I was pleased with the work done by the siding installers, but those who work in the office are incompetent. There were several weeks that they refused to schedule the workers without providing any reason. They used poor weather as an excuse. However, had they scheduled earlier when the weather was mild, they would have avoided the bad weather. My husband is a Vietnam veteran, entirely blind, and a survivor of two strokes so I have had to undertake this ordeal without his assistance. We are both in our 70s. I honestly believe they have no regard for taking advantage of seniors since receiving full payment. And now we appear to have been placed on their low priority list. Sadly, the unjust treatment my family has earned through this entire process from the management is unconscionable. I highly advise anyone reading this post not to waste their money and to hire a reputable companyCarolyn J.
- Business Description:With Uxari, you and your home are connected, automatically. You choose what to connect (devices) and we do the connecting (wireless services plan). Plus, we do it for as little as $99 down with monthly payments as low as $34.99. At Uxari, you will talk to a real person when you have a question, 7 days a week. So go ahead, start enjoying your new life style, knowing answers to all your questions are only a call or an e-mail away. And the best part is all of our services come with a 30-day, ris..Recent Review:The Smart Home features they installed, such as thermostat and door locks, etc. do not always work. For example, the Honeywell thermostat can no longer be operated from our phones and is difficult to install. Remote door locks are also unpredictableWilliam B.
- Business Description:Epik Construction has a long history of completing projects that exceed customer expectations. We take special care in each and every detail with your budget and goal in mind. From custom work to simple installation jobs - Epik Construction has a service to fit your needs. Feel free to contact us to learn more about how your dreams can become a reality with EPIKRecent Review:Not well. They showed up the first day without the plan and proceeded to install the cabinets incorrectly. Had to redo them twice to get it right. Cabinets were installed at the wrong height, 1/2 lower than the stove. One cabinet door was installed with the wrong hinges. The correct ones were in one of the boxes. Seam in granite counter top is quite noticeable near back of counter. Counter instructions called for the molding at the top of the cabinets to be installed before the cabinets are mounted. They did not do that and never it was not possible to install it later. Microwave door would only open 1/4 of the way as it was hitting the cabinet door. While moving the refrigerator back into the kitchen, they dropped it and damaged a section of my hardwood flooringBruce S.
- Business Description:Midwest Renovation LLC serve both the residential and commercial construction market, including expertise in wind and hail storm related damage in Jefferson City, MO. Call us today at (866) 230-5415 for a free consultationRecent Review:I should have known when they shorted the new foundation for the expansion by a foot that we were in trouble. They had to cantilever over the foundation to get the right dimensions for the expansion. They damaged our driveway and promised to repair it when the project was done. We had to buy some of the supplies that we were going to be reimbursed for when the project was done also. Well, we get a letter in the mail that states they are no longer going to work on completing the contracted work. We were able to contact them once more after that before they broke off all communication. They stated they would fix the driveway and they would look into reimbursing us for the material we purchased. It has been a nightmare since. We now have the ceilings in the expansion pulling away from the walls leaving gaps. The roof they installed is leaking in several places. They literally installed the shingles at an angle and water is running underneath them. Electrical work was not done to code and has to be redone. We have filed with the BBB because they had an A+ rating and were rated highly by other websites. We have tried communicating by every means possible without any results. We did everything the right way. We called references, checked them out with all the websites and BBB. With them supposedly being in business for 14 years we figured we were safe. It just goes to show you that you can get ripped off by anybody. We are now attempting to get a new contractor to not only finish the job they quit on but also fix all the problems with the work they did perform. Its been a total nightmare. If you are considering working with this company, I urge you to RUN away from them. If you are currently using them, document everything. We have pictures of everything along with all the documentation stating what they would do and what they actually did. The legal process has already begun to hold this company accountable for the shoddy work, or lack of work they did on our homeJesse W.
- Business Description:We specialize in full siding and window replacement along with our Patent Pending siding repair system. We are proud to offer homeowners a choice when it comes to addressing your outdated and deteriorating siding. In an industry that is overwhelmed with "full replacement" companies, we have the affordable alternative to full siding replacement. Please contact us today to learn more about our Patent Pending repair system and what we can do for you! We also offer James Hardie siding products. A..Recent Review:The work was substandard at best. I was deceived on the work that would be performed. I was told at the time of sales that the wood siding I had would be cut back and replaced with similar material. It was not. It was replaced with what appears to be a type of trim. I had originally called in because I wanted my house painted. They then only painted the siding and told me the trim would be extra after they had already started the job. At this point I felt like I was being held hostage to their demands. Since they had already started the job they would do what would normally cost over $2000 for around $1600. I elected not to have this additional work performed. I would have NEVER had them do any work had I known this from the beginning. There is caulk everywhere. Nothing was taped or masked. The paint lines are not straight or even. Sometimes they would paint the side of the trim the same color as the siding. In other places they wouldn't. They washed out their brushes with my house in my yard. One night they left the hose on. I asked them not to wash their brushes in my grass and one of them was rude about it. Do not recommend. The owner offered me $200 off for my troubles. I just wanted the job done right. This isn't it. A month later and I'm still waiting for them to come and touch up spots where they set their ladder against the wet paint and you can see marks on the siding because of itRobert L.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful door installer articles
This guide explores the various factors that affect the cost of installing an interior door, including size, material, and type. Learn more about the cost of installing doors inside your home.
A storm cellar door secures your basement bulkhead, which offers an extra exit or storm shelter in case of emergency. Since these structures create another “in” to your home, choosing the right cellar door is crucial. Find out what to look for here.
Find door installers in
- Hawk Point
- Bowling Green
- Moscow Mills
- Old Monroe
- Pleasant Hill
- Wright City
- Montgomery City
- Saint Paul
- Lake Saint Louis
door installers in Silex
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 3 C Construction LLC21228 Schwerdt Hill Rd
- 3 C Construction LLC
- A to Z Affordable Contract Services LLC125 Turkey Run Ct
Wright City, Missouri
- All Hands Construction LLC.211 Pintail Drive
Old Monroe, Missouri
- All Phase Home Repair2815 Felix St b
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- ALL-N-ALL CONSTRUCTION, LLCPO Box 77
- AMERICA WEST HOMES17 Country Squire Ct
- Another Level ConstructionPO. box 433
- AR Complete Anything Goes30892 MO-86
Eagle Rock, Missouri
- Associated Door Company526 E 3rd St
- Assured Building Products LLC.77 Hi-Line Dr.
- A to Z Affordable Contract Services LLC
- BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN PROPERTY PERSERVATION SERVICES2854 ASKA RD.
Blue Ridge, Georgia
- Build Pro Carpentry18325 Rathbun Hills Rd
- BLUE RIDGE MOUNTAIN PROPERTY PERSERVATION SERVICES
- C&B Gutter Solutions & Vinyl Siding21603 Tangle Nook Rd
- Call The All In One Construction Co711 S 21st St
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- CAPITAL INSTALLERS3012 S TEN MILE DR
Jefferson City, Missouri
- Chris Wolfe construction6 County Road 806
- Classic Copper Works9443 Cossey Road
- Copperhead Contracting LLC936 Farrar rd.
- Covey & Sons Overhead Doors19314 E K Hwy
- C&B Gutter Solutions & Vinyl Siding
- McMen Services3824 birch dr.
- Mid City Lumber Co Ltd118 Jaycee Dr
Jefferson City, Missouri
- Midwest Renovation LLC5308 Monticello Rd
Jefferson City, Missouri
- Mike's Construction134 Hwy 61 S Ste 4
- Mint Service Contracting201 south 8th #562
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- Missouri Construction & Property Preservation LLC605 N. 5TH Street
- McMen Services
- Overhead Door Company Of St. Joseph904 S 22nd St
Saint Joseph, Missouri
- Overhead Door Company Of St. Joseph
- Shawn D's General Construction19 Surrey Hills
- Sherwood Home DesignsP.O. Box 1510
Lake Sherwood, Missouri
- Shield Xteriors400 Chesterfield Ctr
- Show Me Painting1201 5th ave
St Joseph, Missouri
- Siding Repair Systems112 Mariae Ln
- Smart Energy Solutions302 Court of Elm
Vernon Hills, Illinois
- St. Charles Home Improvements7 Cherokee Dr.
St. Peters, Missouri
- Stable Homes, LLC20375 Stagecoach Rd
- Stokes Dock Co., Inc.3797 Osage Beach Pkwy F-2
Osage Beach, Missouri
- Shawn D's General Construction
- TEKTON CONSTRUCTION GROUP LLC272 Beck Rd
- Tidwell Bros Construction671 Meier Rd.
Old Monroe, Missouri
- Transform Home Improvements12930 Hollenberg Dr
- TreadStone Exteriors LLC751 N Business Route 5
- TRI STATE ROOFING & GENERAL1607 BIRD ST
- TWI Commercial Cleaning Service861 E. Cherry Street
- Twin Lake Construction520 Cedar Ridge Cir
- TEKTON CONSTRUCTION GROUP LLC