Davis Outdoor Svcs LLC

Founded 2007 • With Angi since April 2010

4.4

3795 Childs Lake Rd Ste A

Milford, MI 48381

We are your local family owned Michigan based Indoor/Outdoor Maintenance company. We perform many services, including Lawn Maintenance, Tree Service, Mulch Installation, Drainage Services, Sprinkler Installation, Landscaping, Brick Paving, Decks, Patios, Gutter Installation and Fall and Spring

10/12/2020

ban K.

Rob's team did a great job finished my steps within 3 business days. Rob made sure the job was done right came by and we did a complete walk through.

Description of Work
Had steps put in on the side of the house

Category mudjacking, hardscaping

07/10/2020

Steve B.

Excellent work, exactly what I asked for, very professionally done.

Description of Work
Landscaping of front yard, including paver walkway and steps, and plantings.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, hardscaping

06/01/2020

Tim K.

Everything went great working with Davis Outdoor Services. Everyone was professional and did exactly what Rob Davis promised. I was happy to see how much the guys paid attention to all the details of the project. Looking to have a new driveway and walkway poured next year. Will definitely call them.

Description of Work
Concrete Patio for backyard

Category mudjacking

05/30/2020

John M.

This company was very professional, courteous, prompt, & knowledgeable. They listened to our suggestions & were willing to adapt to our requests. They went out of their way to do a great job & finished our project beyond our original expectations. It’s not to often you find workers who take pride in their work. These workers did! We are very satisfied & would hire them again.

Description of Work
New sidewalks & concrete pads

Category concrete repair

12/05/2019

Sital P.

The irrigation system seems to be working, but they didn't install a drain to remove the remaining water after winterization of the system. The system was installed in April 2018. The issue was not discovered last year because due to a series of mistakes on their part (very long story) I was not present for the winterization, and they didn't inform that the drain was missing. This year after multiple follow ups, I was present for the winterization, and that's when I found out that the drain is not present. I have followed up several times since October 24 to get this fixed. Originally I was told they would follow up with me, but now they won't return messages, so I can only assume they will not fix the problem. With a full time job and many responsibilities, I need a reliable contractor who will return phone calls and fix problems with their work. I gave them a good review for the driveway, but later I had to follow up multiple times to get them to seal a crack.

Description of Work
Irrigation system installed

Category irrigation systems

09/25/2019

Steven C.

Extremely pleased with the result ! The guys completed the job over three weeks earlier than expected. They where courteous, professional and clean. Davis Outdoor Svcs did a fantastic job!! Thanks Again !

Description of Work
I Needed a extra pad poured for an expansion on my driveway, 6" thick with fiberglass in the mix, They compacted the prepped area that I had started with 21 AA, added expansion joints and finished with a heavy broom finish, then came back the next day to saw cut and finish cleaning up.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways

08/26/2019

Daden W.

Davis Outdoor Svcs LLC was great to work with. They were punctual and easy to work with. The work they performed exceeded our expectations.

Description of Work
New Sod, Irrigation System, and Cement Work

08/15/2019

Juli S.

Everything looks amazing! This project was a couple of years in the making. I got multiple quotes from various "recommended" companies, actually hiring two separate ones (who both backed out) and then finally settling on Rob Davis and Davis Outdoor Services. In hindsight, I wish I had gone with Rob from the start. I had seen the work he did on a driveway on my street and called him. He was not the cheapest quote, but definitely the most thorough in the quoting process. He was the only company that created a diagram of the project on paper so I could envision exactly where the new driveway would be. Being a woman and single mom, it is obvious when companies will try to take advantage of my lack of knowledge on something. Rob was one of the only ones that quoted me everything broken down line by line, then worked with me to take items off the quote (such as grass seed and things I could do myself) to get the pricing to fit my budget. This project needed to be completed for a graduation party at the house. Even during the busiest time for driveways, He made sure to work the schedule and got the driveway done way in advance of the party so I had no worries about everything looking great. I will tell you that I really asked A LOT of questions before they started, during and after. With every question, he took the time answer everything and didn't leave the conversation without making sure I felt very comfortable. The work crew was a father and son that have been doing this for years. When the project started I thought that I might work from home to oversee what they were doing. I quickly learned that was not necessary as I trusted them completely. They treated my property as if it was their own. Rob stopped by multiple times during the process to check on the crew as well as check in with me to make sure I was 100% happy and I was. I was a tough customer and I am very happy with the outcome. So much so that I am thinking of hiring them to do other projects needed.

Description of Work
Existing dirt and grass removed and replaced with weed barrier and gravel, a new culvert to straighten out / widen my driveway and a large cement approach poured.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, landscaping, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

07/31/2019

DIANE S.

It went well, as always. I have used them since they started, which is quite a while.They mow, edge,weed, trim my shrubs,plant new landscaping, remove dead or undesired plants,mulch my beds,plant grass seed where needed, and clean up very well after themselves.They are also courteous, and Rob Davis and Beth Gawal ca be depended on.

Description of Work
Davis does all of my landscape and mowing work.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, snow removal, hardscaping

05/22/2019

Steven N.

All went exactly as described at the time of the initial estimate. Rob Davis was the first to provide an estimate and was able to complete the project well before other potential bidders. Later when a structural problem was uncovered, Rob's team provided new concrete support at a very reasonable extra fee. We are very pleased with our new driveway, sidewalk and garage floor. Thank you Rob!

Description of Work
Old concrete garage floor, driveway and sidewalk removed, new concrete installed.

Category concrete repair

01/07/2019

Barat A.

I'm extremely happy with the work they did. On short notice they were able to get me into their schedule and finish everything up on-time. They did well on their follow-up and answered any questions I had.

Description of Work
They poured concrete on a circular driveway and a regular driveway as well as under the deck. They tore off the existing concrete in that area and poured new concrete in.

Category concrete driveways

10/05/2018

Sital P.

Owner was a nice man and also knowledgeable. He worked me to create a reasonable, functional solution for my oddly configured driveway. The result is excellent, and I am quite happy with it. The crew did more than what was originally planned at no additional cost. I appreciated the attention to detail and the willingness to go the extra mile to make things right.

Description of Work
I needed to extend my driveway to create a circular driveway. I also wanted to replace my patio, my broken sidewalk, and add a sprinkler system.

08/04/2018

Robert B.

I don’t normally write reviews because they seem so scripted, but I had to let everyone know of the great work of Davis Outdoor Services in building my new driveway. The owner was very informative and personable coming up with ideas I hadn’t thought of to give me more bang for the buck. He quoted a time and price and came through on both. The workers were on time, and were very courteous, helpful and informative as well. If you’re looking for exceptional work I’d recommend Davis Outdoor Services.

Description of Work
Concrete driveway

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping

11/30/2017

Jill G.

If I could give them an A+++ rating I would. Another landscaper left us high and dry at the start of the project. Rob and his crew worked quickly to not only fix what the other landscaper had started but improved the project 10 fold. They were fighting against the fall weather. They worked day and night in hail, rain and snow to get the project done in the time that they quoted. They kept the project area clean and neat at all times. If something came up in one area that caused for a small delay they would go on to another part of the job never stalling for one minute to blame the weather etc for not getting the work done. I would certainly use them again and again. The pictures don't do it justice because everything is dormant but I will repost more when everything starts to bloom. Thank goodness for Rob and his crew, without them this job would not have been salvageable for this season. I am just sorry I didn't find them earlier so I could have enjoyed their work through the summer months.

Description of Work
We needed all the hardscape done, sod, general landscaping to include plants and lighting

Category gutter repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

11/21/2017

Jim P.

Fast, dependable, clean work area, follow up on project.

Description of Work
Replace sections of 2 cement drives in our condo association.

Category concrete repair, landscaping

09/28/2017

Jeanne Y.

Great! We absolutely love the work they did. It has improved our home's curb appeal and value. It is a joy to come home to such wonderful craftsmanship. Their attention to detail shows and they worked very well with me (a woman) to help achieve my vision. The LED lighting is spectacular at night. I would highly recommend Davis Outdoor Services and will not hesitate to hire them again.

Description of Work
Removed old broken concrete driveway and replaced with larger fiberglass reinforced concrete. We also added LED low voltage lighting, installed a privacy fence and added new landscaping. They installed a Boulder retaining wall next to the driveway. UPDATE 10-2-17 My review is posted on 9/28/17 but photos did not upload so posting them now to show awesome work they did.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, excavators, fencing, landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, outdoor lighting

09/28/2017

Eric A.

I have to say Rob Davis and his team are real out of the box thinkers and designed an amazing fountain with neon lights. It truly is the talk of the neighborhood. Rob and his team are very professional and exceeded my expectations.

Description of Work
Landscaped my home as well as installed a pond near my basketball court and a fountain near the front of my house.

Category landscaping, tree service, fountains, patios

06/02/2017

David D.

It went very well. They were very busy, as all the concrete contractors are, but the job was done when promised. It looks very nice and I will recommend them.

Description of Work
They broke up and replaced both a patio and the asphalt apron in front of our 3-car garage.

Category concrete driveways, landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Thank you for the wonderful review. We were very pleased to work for you along with making your yard a happy place to relax in !!! Happy Summer

01/03/2016

cindy C.

People, You really need to read this to understand this contractor!!! Firstly, the grasses were relocated in front of a gate. Really? In front of a gate? I had to move them again myself, so that was a waste of $45. Secondly, I requested topsoil be added to a bed to ensure new Service Berry wouldn't sit in a bowl. Topsoil was never added but the charge for it appeared on the bill. Service Berry now sits in a bowl. Really? Now for the best part. We were told by Rob to visit the nursery and request John Milarch (owner) to tag our trees with us. That actually went well. We tagged two beautiful Arbs and one Service Berry. On the day of installation Rob brought NOTHING we tagged with a whole lot of excuses. One of the arbs looked so awful I questioned his selection because I remembered this particular one at the nursery. Rob assured me he would "turn it" so that it looked great in the yard. Well, it doesn't look great at all. It's been dropping foliage since the install date and now a year later it's an absolute eye sore. I've given Rob months to respond and replace this single arb that is under warranty. He would not returned any of my calls, texts, or a letter sent with pictures. He finally put his assistant on my issue where by a 7 ft arb was installed as the replacement. A 7ft arb is about $283 less than the 10ft arb we paid for. So here we are, without any leverage except small claims court and what a pain that will be over a $800 bush. Fifteen years ago we had $18,000 worth of landscaping installed around the pool by another contractor without one single issue. That contractor moved down South otherwise we would have used him again. We are very easy homeowners to work with and don't nit pick the small stuff so when I say stay clear of Rob Davis I really really really mean it. He blows a LOT of smoke with NO FOLLOW THRU. Absolutely the most horrendous experience by a contract ever. I have noticed his AngiesList rating fall since last year. That should be proof enough to other subscribers to stay clear. Actually, he shouldn't even be allowed on AngiesList. A total disgrace to the landscaping trade.

Description of Work
Backyard project to relocated a few grasses at a cost of $45 and install two 10ft. heavy Thuja Arborvitae (~$1600) and 1 Service Berry tree.

Category excavators, landscaping, mulch, tree service

We have reviewed all documentation related to the member's complaint, including documents, text messages and emails, and our evidence demonstrates that she was outside of her warranty period for the job we performed, and she was negligent by failing to take basic actions as instructed to resolve her concern. A tree was installed on 5/28/2014 and first contact with her raising an issue about the condition of the tree was during the summer of 2014. At that time she was instructed by the nursery we sourced the tree from to fertilize the tree. We have documentation from the nursery with the instructions to fertilize and stating that the tree was not dead, but simply needed fertilization because it is a type that is slow to come in due to its size and age. She did not follow the nursery instructions by fertilizing the tree. Additionally, in the fall of 2014 the members were instructed how to protect the tree with burlap to protect it from the winter elements. She again failed to follow the advice and instructions given to her. In the fall of 2015, after multiple interactions since the spring about what would be required to correct the condition of her current tree, and in a good faith attempt to resolve her concerns, Davis Outdoor Services replaced the tree, despite the one year warranty being expired. The team dug up and replaced her original tree with the largest one that was available at that time from the nursery. She accepted the replacement tree although it was a smaller size. Her sole objective was for the tree to be replaced although the first tree that was installed was not dead. In the spring of 2016 she again contacted Davis Outdoor Services demanding her money back because the replacement tree was smaller. She also contacted the State of Michigan Attorney General and demanded that Davis Outdoor Services pay her $283.50 for the difference in the tree size she wanted. This matter was completely avoidable if she had followed the instructions of the professionals at the nursery at the time her concerns were first raised. However, in an attempt to satisfy her we replaced the tree with what was available at that time. It is unacceptable for her to come forward almost a year later and 2 years after the original job was completed to demand payment or further complain. It is our belief that Davis Outdoor Services has gone above and beyond, more than fulfilled its obligations to her, and her complaint is without merit.

05/15/2015

Holly W.

I called and spoke with a very nice lady who was helpful and professional and seemed to be interested in doing the work I needed which was sod, pavers, a hedge and landscaping. She indicated they would call me back to schedule someone to come out to do an estimate, but I have as yet not heard from them. My initial call was last week, and I made a follow up call earlier this week just to make sure they hadn't forgotten me. I did leave a voicemail on the second call as a machine answered. I would have like to have done business with them, and maybe I'm being impatient, but I've already had a couple of other landscape companies do the same, so am not hopeful.

Description of Work
Provider did not call me back.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

Hi (removed member name), I do wish to extend my deepest apologies to you regarding the delay in receiving a call to schedule. We have been experiencing a multitude of technical issues in our office this Spring, but this is certainly not to be used as an excuse. I will personally track this request for you, and have a sales representative contact you within 24 hours regarding an appointment. Once again, my sincerest apologies.

05/08/2015

Al D.

I called to inquire about the services offered by this company along with the special offer to provide a free estimate for land/hardscape that the company is offering on Angie's list. but when I asked if the company services the Detroit area, I was simply asked, what area? I didn't know what to say, east, west southeast, southwest, north, etc. so I asked, how far outside of the downtown area do you service and Jamie, said, we only have two accounts in that area and those are commercial. Are those the customers who are requesting the estimates for land/hardscape offered, she said Detroit is too far for this company. So I find,they only service some in Detroit, but not Angie's list customers in Detroit.

Description of Work
I was told they only service commercial customers in Detroit.

Category hardscaping

I am sorry that we don't service Detroit residential the overhead is to much. I'm not sure why we got an F rating when you were told that we didn't service the area. Every landscape company has a mile radius when it comes to residential. We try to eliminate the price shock for outside areas.

05/04/2015

Lauren G.

Called to schedule appointment for total backyard overhaul... A really big, expensive project. I was told the designer would call me to schedule an appointment in 1-2 weeks. I called them 2 weeks later to get an update & was told that the designer would call me or if he were unable- the secretary would call me back the same day.., I never heard back from anyone.., very disappointed!

Description of Work
No call back

Category landscaping

May is the start of all of our summer services. Customers are put on a list someone called you and did a follow up with you.

01/19/2015

Jo B.

After 25 years of growth and a lot of winter-kill our front yard required a major renovation. I asked Davis to bid the job as they?d done some work in my backyard several years ago that turned out well. While their bid wasn?t the lowest I?ve discovered over time that low-ball bids often over-look critical elements of the job that later show up and increase ? sometimes astronomically ? the final cost. When Rob bid our job he walked through the project start to finish explaining what needed to be done with every element: tear-outs, drainage, sprinkler replacements, boulder placement, planting choices, paver selection, etc.. He explained what had to be done, and what options were available for both layout and materials. We had drawn up a concept plan and as we walked through it with Rob it was clear he understood what we were trying to achieve. We incorporated several recommendations that he suggested that would further enhance the final look. While the bid came in over our budget, Rob worked with us to get it in line by deferring some of the work and cutting back on some of the plantings while still getting the majority of what we wanted. Kevin supervised the tear out and installation work. He and his crew ? all of whom were great - showed up just one day later than promised, due to heavy rain, and worked diligently to complete the job which involved an awful lot of heavy lifting. Kevin was very attentive to details and personally worked on our paver walk to ensure that the arc was placed correctly and all the corners and curves were lined up correctly. He did an outstanding job: we?re especially pleased with the new walkway. As the job proceeded over the course of about a week, Rob stopped by several times to personally check the progress. On one occasion he had his crew rearrange some of the boulder placements that he wasn?t happy with. Also, while doing some work around the side of the house Kevin spotted a problem with our deck supports that we hadn?t been aware of; I called Rob to see if he had anyone who could handle the repair and he had someone come out, give us a bid and fix it all in a week's time. In short, we were very happy with every aspect of our project. As is true with all major investments I was more than a little bit anxious about how it would turn out, but frankly it turned out even better than I had envisioned it. Both Rob and Kevin are extremely knowledgeable in their field; your landscape will be in good hands. Davis may not be the cheapest, but they are definitely among the best. Would definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Front yard/sideyard landscape renewal and installation of paver walk way and driveway apron.

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

thank you for the wonderful rating. We loved working with you!!

09/24/2014

JERRY F.

The drainage pipe was replaced, connected and one cannot tell anything happened in that part of the garden. I have not yet experienced the drain pipe functioning during a heavy rain, but I am confident that it will function well. I am very pleased and will use them again!

Description of Work
I had drainage pipe that needed connected and part of the drainage pipe was clogged with roots.

Category drain pipe

Thank you for the wonderful rating!!

09/06/2014

Paul B.

we have used them for 3 yrs- last yr after a few false starts they did very well. This year I requested on the contract to meet with them before beginning the work to clarify the details. No contact and then 1 day they show up...not a complete job. Called many times, Jason the manager was inconsistent at best at returning calls. He finally arranged to meet me so we could review the details and NO show, no call...again most calls were not returned and the job repeating was less then acceptable., in fact there were times I couldn't even tell they were out. I really think they just didn't want my job this year - or at least that is how they acted, performed, etc

Description of Work
maintain flowerbeds, trimming

Category landscaping

We as a company try to weed out unprofessional staff.When issues like this happens we need to be informed and he is no longer with our company.