Few things cause concern for homeowners as much as discovering mold. Know the signs of mold growth and how to keep mold from causing property damage and health problems for you and your family. Here are four signs you need mold remediation and what to do.
Get matched with top mold removal experts in Waldoboro, ME
There are 6 highly-rated local mold removal experts.
Recent Mold Removal Reviews in Waldoboro
- Main Choice InspectionsThe price was a little expensive, but it was worth every penny. I chose the package with additional add on’s, because I wanted a comprehensive report. Tom was very thorough, professional, and knowledgeable. They saved me a ton of money by finding an issue with the septic system, that wasn’t easy to find. Tom was there for close to 4 hours and went over every aspect of the home with me in a walk through. I would highly recommend Main Choice and will definitely use them again in the future. Bill the owner was a very pleasant guy as well, and wasn’t afraid to roll his sleeves up and get dirty. Couldn’t have been happier with their services read less
- Eastern Mold RemediationThe entire crew from Eastern Mold Remediation were nothing short of exceptional. From my first contact with Ellen in the office and Bob doing the estimate we were very pleased with their professionalism. They were able to get out and look at the project and had an estimate to us within 24 hours. Between the time of the estimate and doing the project they were available to work with our insurance company and answer questions we had. The crew came in to do the work and Bob was there to get the project started and show the crew the issues found. The crew was Andy, Dakota, Jordan, and Brendon. The guys were very courteous and cared about our concerns and needs during the entire project. We continued to live in the main portion of the house and they made sure that we were safe and never at risk during their work. The work ethic demonstrated by this group of guys in there twenties was not what you might expect these days, they were committed to high quality workmanship and pleasing the customer. They traveled an hour and half each way to get to the job and one of the days there was a severe rain storm with high winds, they called to let us know they would be a 15 minutes late getting to the job because of the weather. We hope to never have a need for mold remediation in the future, but if we do they would be the only call I would make. We called three companies for this project and the other two were not worth the phone call, one didn't even come do an estimate and the other was over a week getting an estimate out. I have great trust in Eastern Mold Remediation and would recommend them to anyone in need of this type of service read less
- Eastern Mold RemediationI saw a commercial on TV for this company months ago--before I ever knew I would need them. But, I wrote the number down because the commercial was so informative and you never know.... Well, fast forward to the winter from h*** in Maine a short time later and when I went up into the garage loft, it looked like someone had painted it black. Bob came out, assessed the situation and Ellen set up the schedule. The men arrived and set to work, and work hard they did. They carefully cleaned and moved the lawn furniture, window screens, etc. that were stored in the loft, disposed of all organic material (empty boxes) that harbors the mold, and vacuumed up any debris. After the mold was cleaned off, they set up large fans to dry the wood and dehumidify the space. When they came back the next day and took a measurement of the moisture remaining in the wood, they found it hadn't dried sufficiently and were not able to put the sealant on it. That was a 90 minute drive for them to turn around and go back to the shop and I so appreciated a company that really did care about doing the best job. They returned today to finish and my garage looks better than when I bought the house. The men are so professional yet friendly! They took time to explain everything to me. They were always asking if there was something else I wanted them to move before they moved anything or discarded anything. I don't know when I have had such exceptional service. I asked for business cards because I know I will be recommending them to anyone I know who has a mold or water problem. Thank you Bob, Ellen, Dakota, Derek, Kyle and Andy (I hope I got them all!). You are the best read less
- Octagon Cleaning and RestorationFound no evidence of active mold in the two location for which we called - located above one of the bathrooms and above the kitchen vent. She inspected the attic space, all our venting for all bathrooms and kitchen. Told us how to address the problem as it was not that serious compared to what she had seen before. I would highly recommend Octagon Cleaning to other people read less
- MoldlabThey tell you how to do the process from home, you send the mold to them and then they e-mail you back their bill. They seem to have good reviews.
- SHERLOCK HOMES CERTIFIED HOME INSPECTIONS LLCI feel building inspections, in general, are a racquet, but a necessary evil when purchasing a home. What I mean is, all the important stuff is a "disclaimer" ...nobody takes liability...and the rest is boilerplate. So I wasn't expecting much, would have been pleasantly surprised to discover otherwise, but wasn't. This company was responsive, on-time, professional, but I was reminded, and disappointed, that my most pressing issues (how's the roof?...well, from down here, it's probably ok.. they don't pay me enough to get on top of roofs....for instance, is very frustrating. The written report was extensive, however, and timely (despite the fact that it was loaded with disclaimers..the standard boiler plate stuff), loaded with good pictures. The fact was, without this report, I could not have verified my choice in getting out of the contract as the house I had inspected had many structural defects..didn't necessarily need a building inspector to spot them, but credentials are important read less
Mold Removal Companies in Waldoboro
- Business Description:Mold Bros is a local family business, we offer something most of these big businesses cannot: personal, flexible and direct service. There is no 1-800 number to call, no call center, just direct contact with the people who will be helping you remove harmful mold from your home. Being in the northeast we know that our environment is a breeding ground for mold. With a lack of solid options, most companies offer lackluster service and unreasonable prices. We believe that taking care of our custo.. read lessRecent Review:They were very efficient, knowledgeable in the subject and were willing to work with me to keep the cost down. The mold was removed quickly. Fantastic service.Carolyn C.
- Business Description:Has your home or business been damaged by a fire? Octagon Cleaning and Restoration is your Maine source for all of your fire damage recovery needs. We offer water extraction (water removal), fire and smoke restoration, water damage restoration, water damage cleanup, and fire smoke damage restoration, as well as carpet cleaning services and commercial carpet cleaning. Our services don't stop there! Are you in need of black mold removal or air duct cleaning? We have you covered! Our superior ai.. read lessRecent Review:Job started a day later than scheduled due to their equipment being down. Job was originally scheduled for 5-7 days. Job actually took 2 weeks and salesman called into the third week saying the job was done. We have never had mold remediation done before and was selling our house. The explanation of how the job would go was vague at best. This is not a process we are familiar with having never been through it before. In the estimate there was a blanket statement of “any construction materials removed will not be replaced” (once again we were never explained anything about this process in regards to things being removed). Upon the job being completed the buyer noticed there was no mention of insulation replacement. We were 2 days from closing and had to hire someone to replace the insulation. The handyman hired to replace the insulation noticed other items had been removed by octagon. We were not left a list of items removed from the residence. I was just told by Matt Brown that “that’s why I gave you a referral of a weatherization company” for 8300$ one would think you might get a verbal explanation of items needing replacement or at least an itemized list. Hope we don’t need to go through this again because as Octagon will not be contacted again read lessJim D.
- Business Description:$100 off to Angie's List members not to be combined with any other offer. Winner of the Angie's List Super Service Award every year since 2015. At Main Choice Inspections it's our mission to make your home inspection a highlight of the home purchase. Bill Heath is the Owner and Certified Master Inspector who stands behind every inspection with the MCI guarantee, if you are not completely satisfied with the inspection he will pay for another inspector to inspect your home. (see website for det.. read lessRecent Review:Great! Everyone ( except me) was on time. Very professional, very thorough. Would recommend to anyone.Chris P.
- Business Description:Trust your move to the experts! Award-winning moving services, fully licensed and insured. Local and long-distance, home and office, storage and beyond. A+ Rated Angie's List Super Service Award Winning Movers. We are accredited with the Ohio BBB and Super Service Award winners for Angie's list 2009-2018. Family-owned & operated business, Veteran founded and owned. WE HANDLE ALL YOUR MOVING NEEDS. We also provide professional packing services and supplies, housecleaning services, storage, jun.. read lessRecent Review:Just completed a somewhat complicated move with Moving Ahead Services requiring 2 move dates and storage in between. The company was professional and helpful and the crew on both ends (Dustin and Shawn and Dustin and James) were extremely careful, thorough, professional and did so many little things to make this stressful experience as good as it could have been! Those guys are really hard workers, great work ethic and I was so happy to have my stuff taken care of by them! Would definitely recommend! Thanks Moving Ahead Services for getting me situated in my new home :- read lessVictoria S.
- Business Description:We are a family run and owned company that specializes in cleaning dryer vents and duct work, duct repairs as well as dryer vent repair and full installations. We also seal duct work using a process called Aeroseal. We service all of Maine. We are fully insured and qualified to handle any job that you need read lessRecent Review:Mainely Ducts have the hardest workers I’ve ever seen. They’re kind, courteous and prompt! They keep you up to date with progress and make sure that everything is working thoroughly before they take off. Would definitely recommend these guys for any and all duct work you need! They also have pressure washing which is a huge bonus read lessKimi F.
- Business Description:Smart Home Buyers Want to Know What They're Buying!! You're the kind of person that appreciates the value of knowledge. As a Maine Certified Home Inspector, I'm in the knowledge business. I provide Maine Home Inspection Services that quickly give you the knowledge you need to make a sound investment. In a few short hours, I will transfer everything I know about the property you're considering, into a concise and easy to understand report. With the knowledge I'll provide in your report, you'll.. read lessRecent Review:Jeff and team provided a very clear and detailed report. There were many helpful photos to go along with the text. I would definitely use Campbell Inspections again. And will recommend to anyone I meet looking for an inspector. They turned around a lot of information in the final report in a timely manner read lessAaron Y.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou.. read lessRecent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend them read lessGrant M.
- Business Description:Penobscot Cleaning Services, Inc. was established in 1976. We serve all of Penobscot and Hancock counties out of our two locations: 565 Wilson Street Brewer and 211 Bar Harbor Rd, Trenton. We also offer limited services in parts of Waldo, Washington, Piscataquis and Somerset counties. We have technicians on call 24/7 365 days a year! Penobscot Cleaning Services, Inc. is an IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) certified firm. The mission of the IICRC is t.. read lessRecent Review:PLEASE use another company, and make sure you get at least one second opinion before spending this kind of money. These guys are AWFUL and they will argue with you, speak down to you, and blame you if you dare question the quality of their work. I bent over backwards to give these guys a chance to fix this, but they couldn't have cared less. I even reached out to the Owner who just blew us off. They remediated mold in our attic when we bought our home a few years ago. A mere 2.5 years later we found out it's essentially all come back, and they want another $7000 to remediate again. What a scam! They acted like this was normal and couldn't have cared less. After getting a second and third opinion, we found out just how bad a job they had done the previous time (something apparently they're pretty well known for amongst the local mold remediators). The other services couldn't believe it... Here's a list of everything they screwed up that you should look for. You can learn from our mistake: - They left two bathroom fan ducts exhausting into the attic. Even I know that this is the absolute worst thing you could do. It essentially guarantees mold growth. It is CRAZY that they missed this. - They didn't replace the insulation, which is also apparently mandatory for proper remediation. We found THICK mold they had missed under the insulation, and we were told mold on the insulation allowed it to spread again quickly. - The other services found many spots where they had missed in the previous remediation. You could literally see where the spray had missed on the walls. - They didn't seal any of the recessed lighting that was allowing air from our home to escape into the attic. - They didn't even attempt to address the airflow issues in our attic that caused the mold in the first place. We've now learned that our soffits were partially blocked and our ridge vent is nearly entirely obstructed. Penobscot Cleaning's only recommendation previously was to better insulate the attic door and monitor periodically. They even specifically recommended against installing a power fan. You can't make it up. If you are selling a home and want to resolve a mold issue as cheaply as possible at the expense of the buyers, by all means use these guys; You are guaranteed to have mold again in the near future. If you are buying a home, please insist on a different company. There are many other great options locally, please reach out to them. I was particularly impressed with Eastern Mold Remediation and Nason's Home Solutions. Both were extremely knowledgeable and helpful read lessAustin M.
- Business Description:Local Expert Water, Fire, Smoke and Mold Restoration in Fayetteville, North Carolina. Call for fast, local 24x7 response.Recent Review:Avoid these people!!!!!! They are the worst. They tell you lie after lie and take forever to do the work. My insurance company called them in even though it was not in my best interest. I regret the day I let them in my front door, and I regret the day I let Allstate insure my house read lessMargaret M.
- Business Description:ProClaim is one of the fastest growing public insurance adjusting firms in the nation because of our excellence in producing positive results for our clients. We operate differently than other public adjusting firms. Simply put, we only get paid if we can assist you in obtaining more money than your insurance company initially offered on your claim. It is our belief that this philosophy allows us to prove our value to you, the insured. ProClaim is licensed and bonded through the Department of.. read lessRecent Review:They settled with Erie Ins. Co. without notifying me, received and deposited the checks and kept all the money and ran. I found out (after the fact) and after it was too late to appeal or arbitrate through the Commonwealth of Virginia. This company is a con game...Angie's List should drop them like the stinking thieves they are.. read lessRonald T.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful mold removal company articles
Mold growth in your home poses a serious risk to your belongings and health. But after mold removal, knowing which items to pitch and which you can keep can be confusing. This guide will help you sort everything out so you know what to save.
Cleaning mold takes more than wiping down the infected area, even with bleach. To keep everyone in the house healthy, learn how to properly treat the area, address the cause, and dispose of mold spores to prevent new growth.
Find mold removal experts in
- New Harbor
- Boothbay Harbor
- West Bath
- West Gardiner
- Saint George
mold removal experts in Waldoboro
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1-800WaterDamagePO Box 4662
- Bouchard Cleaning & Restoration, Inc.94 Banair Road
- Bouchard Cleaning & Restoration, Inc.
- Elite Restoration
Old Orchard Beach, Maine
- Elite Restoration and Remodeling 9 Freeman St
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Elite Restoration
- Global Plasma Solutions10 Mall Terrace
- Global Plasma Solutions
- K.C. Renovations94 green st
- K.C. Renovations
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration353 Roosevelt Trail
- Octagon Cleaning and Restoration
- Paul Davis Restoration9 County Rd
- PENOBSCOT CLEANING SVC565 WILSON ST
- ProClaim Public Insurance Adjusters3423 Piedmont Rd NE STE 350
- PuroClean Disaster First Response5851 Ramsey Street, Suite C
- PuroClean of Portland170 John Roberts Rd Unit 8
South Portland, Maine
- Paul Davis Restoration
- TP Environmental Consulting LLCPO Box 3845
- TP Environmental Consulting LLC
- Unversal Home Renovations25 Melody Ln
Johnston, Rhode Island
- Unversal Home Renovations
- Wagner Home Renovation66 York Woods Road
South Berwick, Maine
- Wagner Home Renovation