Find out if you really need a chimney to install a fireplace in your home. This guide helps you understand your options, such as a ventless fireplace, when choosing the right fireplace for your home if you don't have a chimney.
Get matched with top fireplace companies in Norridgewock, ME
There are 2 highly-rated local fireplace companies.
Recent Fireplace Services Reviews in Norridgewock
- Eastern ChimneyMark and his team did a fantastic job! They were prompt , efficient, good natured, and did great work for a VERY fair price. I highly recommend Eastern Chimney!
- DON'S CHIMNEY CARE & STOVE SHOPWe made the decision to go back to having a wood stove and the folks at Don's were great, they helped us figure out what size stove we needed and showed us some options and went over and above to list the pros and cons of each option. Then they came out to our home to make sure they had everything estimated out to the exact price which included a new liner to make our chimney safe. They did run into a couple snags that we expected would make the final price go up AND IT DIDN'T - Don's Stove Shop only charged us what they estimated despite the extra work they had to do. They stayed late to get the job done and cleaned up like they weren't there. It was truly a pleasure doing business with such great people, will definitely do business with them again and would highly recomend for anyone with stove/chimney needs
- Buy the FireThey gave me an extra warranty so I had two years on my warranty. I bought a demo stove. They were very friendly and gave me alot of information. They had the answers to my questions and were very informative.
- Evergreen Home & Hearth - EllsI'm very happy with my experience with EverGreen. Everyone I dealt with was helpful, knowledgeable and extremely courteous. Jeremiah in the Ellsworth showroom answered all my questions, listened to my concerns and researched my particular installation very carefully. In doing so, he was able to steer me away from my first choice, a wood stove installed in front of the parlor fireplace of my 1880 home. I was reluctant to change my mind, but he patiently explained how any stove would get too hot for the surrounding antique woodwork of the Victorian mantel. After a few days reconsidering, I went with his recommendation, a small insert which cost substantially less than the Jotul I'd set my heart on. On the big day, Tom and Mike drove 2 hours from Ellsworth to Eastport. They arrived around 10:30, calling from Machias to give me a heads-up. They did a great job solving the inevitable problems of working on an old house, cleaned the chimney, got up on the (very high, very steep) roof to install the liner, manhandled the heavy insert around in the uneven old fireplace until it pleased my critical eye, and unloaded and stacked a pallet (about a ton) of wood-product "bricks" on my porch. At the end of a very long day, they even moved my huge gas grill off the porch and down into the cellar for me! They were friendly, polite, informative (answering my endless questions and concerns), patient and incredibly obliging! Long after darkness had fallen, they cleaned up all the packaging material and debris, vacuumed my living room, cleaned up the yard, waved goodbye and drove the 2 hours back to Ellsworth. I honestly don't know what more any customer could expect in the way of service and satisfaction. Thank you so much, EverGreen, for my lovely new fireplace! I am using it with pleasure everyday and already planning to put a gas version of that Jotul in an upstairs bedroom
- DON'S CHIMNEY CARE & STOVE SHOPExcellent, they helped me pick the right stove for my home and were more than accomodating for my needs to get the job done. Very polite profession crew and the folks at the store are great to work with. Would definitely work with them again and highly recomend them for anyone with stove or chimney needs. I have them coming back this summer to clean the chimney
- Northern Lights Hearth and Sports IncNeeded to find the correct part to repair my wood stove. The staff person was very knowledgeable about wood stoves, knew exactly the part I needed and had it in stock. We have dealt with them in the past and have always had a positive experience. Excellent store.
- Rocky's Stove ShoppeThe folks at Rocky's Stove Shoppe are friendly, informative and professional. They helped us choose an appropriate stove after we had narrowed the field of options to Jotul and Vermont Castings. We opted for the Jotul Castine after hearing some compelling reasons to do so. The stove was delivered at the scheduled time, and the installation crew was cheerful and professional. One small hiccup occured initally when we discovered that the stove's exhaust height was too tall for the existing hearth's thimble hole. A quick trip to the local hardware store for a couple bricks and some mortar alleviated this issue. The crew punched a new hole in the hearth, re-bricked the previous hole, cleaned the chimney, and installed the new stove without having to reschedule the installation. The work looks great and I'm very satisfied with the job that was done. The crew walked me through the initial setup and break-in of the stove, and answered all of my questions in detail. The installation took a little longer than expected (due to the need for a new thimble location at the hearth), but they stayed to ensure the job was done thoroughly and correctly
- Woodmans Forge and FireplaceI purchased a Lopi Leyden pellet stove from Woodman?s Forge and Fireplace in Sanbornville, NH, in late 2010. Since, I?ve recommend Woodman?s Forge to any number of people, including a stranger I met at Lowe?s who mentioned he was looking for a couple of stoves. I told him to avoid the low-quality ones at Lowe?s and instead go to Woodman?s Forge. So, nothing but positive word of mouth from me for three years. I?d guess they got at least one or two sales out of that?on top of my $4,450.47 purchase. Then my stove starts to act up. I purchased a new auger motor from Woodman?s, as the old one seemed to have gone bad. When the problem persisted after I spent the $84 for the new auger motor, I called them and told them I need them to have a look. I described the issue to 2-3 different people in detail and even mentioned that I suspect the lower auger bushing was going bad?the owner denies I ever said anything about the bushing. They sent a tech out who checks things out and says the sound I was hearing was probably due to the new motor I installed not being mated properly with the auger. He said he could replace the entire auger, if I wanted, but that he didn't have with him the bushing I had told them I thought was the issue. We decided to wait and see if what he?d done would work, as I supposed replacing the auger (at considerable expense for time and parts) wouldn't make sense, if the bushing was really the issue. He left with both of us noting that the noise that had prompted my call had abated somewhat, but not gone away entirely. I ran the stove into the evening. I woke up at 4:00 AM to the sound of the stove making the same groaning noise as before I spent the $255 ($85 per hour) for the tech to come on Monday. I called Woodman?s. They say they can come out today, but that I?ll have to pay for a separate service call. I said I didn?t think I should have to pay 100%, since they basically ignored my indications that the bushing was the issue by coming on Monday without a replacement for it. The person with whom I spoke said he?d talk to ?the powers that be? to see if he could get at least his two hours travel time covered by Woodman?s. He calls back an hour later to say, ?No deal. Do you still want me to come out today?? I asked to talk to the person who made this decision. The tech said he was away, but he?d speak with him and he or this person would call me back. The tech calls back another hour later and says, "No deal." I related the above details to him about my loyalty and many referrals to them. He said he understood and didn't agree with the decision of his superior (turns out it was the owner?Jim Tully), but he had no power to change things. I hang up and call the store to complain and ask that this "power that may be" call me so I can tell him/her first-hand that this is not good business. The owner finally calls back after a few hours and says, "Sorry, can?t help you." I explained he?d be losing not just my future business, but that of all the people I WOULD have referred to his store, had he treated me right. He said, essentially, ?Go to it.? So, I?m going for it, starting with this review. I?m now going to steer all I can away from Woodman?s Forge now?in all ways I possibly can. Avoid Woodman?s Forge in Wakefield, NH, or you could end up in my situation. By the way, I called another servicer to look at my stove. Within five minutes of opening it up he told me the lower auger bushing was seizing on the auger and preventing it from rotating freely. Wish I?d thought of that
- Brent Harlow Designer/BuilderHard to connect with Brent. Many phone calls back and forth with long periods of no contact. Finally no contact at all.
Fireplace Companies in Norridgewock
- Business Description:18 years experience - Chimney Cleaning - Nest Removal - Caps - Masonry - Liners - Dryer Vent CleaningRecent Review:Mark and Paul were very friendly and took the time to explain what they were doing and why. The stove cleaning was excellent. I would recommend this company.Terrie G.
- Business Description:2013, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018 Super Service Award Winner • 30+ Years Experience • Artisan Craftsmanship • Tile floors, custom built showers, back splashes, tub surrounds and more. Owner Present on ALL Job Sites • Fully Insured • Free EstimateRecent Review:Lloyd and Brad were great - could not be more pleased. They were timely, neat, organized and focused, and the end result was perfect. They even threw in some added wit and fun commentary which made the inconvenience of not having access to the kitchen very tolerable. I would most definitely hire them again and highly recommend their servicesKim F.
- Business Description:Fully Owner Operated.A partnership, 30yrs. Servicing Seacoast. Extremely competitive rates.Recent Review:I’m very impressed with the service and knowledge of Super Sweep. They came out on-time and gave me an honest assessment of my chimney and provided me with sound recommendations. They did only what was needed , not what they could have done to drive up the cost. Over the years I’ve lowered my expectations when it comes to customer service because of past experiences. It’s refreshing to have a local company that’s prompt, professional and honest. Six stars. C.M. Madbury, NChristopher M.
- Business Description:Commercial and residential masonry, specializing in historic restoration.
- Business Description:We have a small crew of 3. With the owner on almost every job.Recent Review:I asked for a patio to be installed using pavers and for the grading to be done so that the level of the ground next to the house could be corrected to be 6 inches from siding to ground/patio. He said he did not think he could do 6 inches but could do 4 inches clearance. I said the 6 inches was really important to prevent water damage to the building, but he pointed out why he thought they could only get 4 inches and I agreed to that. When the pavers were going in, I noticed that they were right up against the bottom of the siding. I pointed this out and Paul Belcher, the owner said he really did not want to rip everything out and told me id that I had told them that 2 inch clearance was OK. I said I did not say two inches was OK, but even if I had, there was not even 2 inches of clearance at which point after me making several calls to engineers and code officers, he said they would be willing to rip everything out and start over but it would add several days to the work. He said our estimate did not include resetting the pre-existing granite step. The estimate did actually include the resetting of the step in writing. I think this is why the level was off because they did not want to bother with resetting the step properly in the first place. Several places on the siding of the house were damaged and left covered with dirt and polymeric sand that had turned to a hardened substance which could not be removed (dark gray stuff on white vinyl) which they never offered to repair or clean. When I asked about repairing the damage they had done, Paul said "You can pay someone to fix that and it shouldn't cost much." The damage was broken siding and trim. We finally agreed that he would pay a few hundred dollars to have the siding taken off and additional flashing and ice and water shield put on under it to protect the wall and sills from water damage rather than rip the whole excavation up and start over. The patio itself is beautiful. They also did a very poor job of placing loam and seed around the work area. There is hardly any seed which is very patchy and lots of rocks which have had to be picked up in the mowing area. They also installed PVC underground for gutters to be installed into and cut those level with the ground and got a lot of the polymer sand into them when the sanding was being done. Then he told my husband that I said to cut them level. I did not say that and wouldn't have as I did not know if they were supposed to be level or above ground. Because of them being cut off, a good amount of the polymeric sand got down into them when the sanding was done. Luckily this was noticed and hopefully most of it removed so it did not harden and clog the PVC when it got wet with rain. The guy who did the sanding told me there were a few places where there might be cracks as he was rushing to finish that day and that they would come and fill them in if needed. When Paul Belcher came over to do his final inspection, I pointed out to him that indeed there were many open cracks between the pavers and could they fix these. He said they were too small and the sand would not go between them so he would not fix them. I went out and bought the super sand and filled them myself and of course the sand went right down into the cracks and filled them nicely. It was frustrating to have to finish the job myself. <br /A W.
- Business Description:Our services provide free consultation on design, heat loads all the way through construction.
- Business Description:Additional contact name - Barbara Gaslin.Recent Review:It went well. They were professional, courteous, and knowledgeable. We are looking forward to receiving and estimate to have more work done by them in the spring.Leanne H.
- Business Description:contact for infoRecent Review:prompt, thorough, quick- cleaned up well <br />George O.
- Business Description:Installation of ceramic,porcelain, marble tiles. Residential and commercial. 35 years experience. Design consultation. Servicing new england.
- Business Description:Jim Brann General Contractor can supply all of your building needs. With over 30 years experience in fine home building, earthwork, Foundations and Jim is a Master Electrician, Master Plumber and Master Oil Burner Tech with an unlimited license. One stop for all your construction needs saves you money
Explore our Solution Center for helpful fireplace company articles
Some homeowners want to remove their fireplace but don’t want to tear apart the chimney completely. This guide describes the reasons for removing a fireplace, what is involved in removing a fireplace, and how much it may cost.
Knowing how to use a creosote sweeping log for additional maintenance in between your annual chimney sweep can help keep your home safe from fires. Here is what you need to know about creosote logs and how they work.
Find fireplace companies in
- New Sharon
- Mount Vernon
- North Anson
- Saint Albans
- Livermore Falls
fireplace companies in Norridgewock
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Eastern Chimney1 Cardinal Way
- Eastern Chimney
- G. Drake Masonry, Inc.441 WESTERN AVE
- G. Drake Masonry, Inc.
- Jim Brann General Contractor38 Farrs Road
- Jim Brann General Contractor
- L.F. GRASS CUSTOM TILE INSTALLATIONS19 HEMON COBB RD.
- L.F. GRASS CUSTOM TILE INSTALLATIONS
- ONE OVER TWO MASONRYPO Box 166
- ONE OVER TWO MASONRY