What’s the cost of residential excavation? Before any new build, from a basement to a pool, knowing how much an excavator will cost is essential to staying on budget. Learn pricing estimates for various excavation projects and common excavation FAQs.
Get matched with top excavators in Island Falls, ME
There are 2 highly-rated local excavators.
Recent Excavating Reviews in Island Falls
- Dwayne SeversonExtremely well. 1 Acre cleared. Over 125 trees cut down & stumped out. Stumps removed to brush dump area. Excavator & dozer smoothed land & readied for seeding. Big fire burned tree parts with excavator keeping fire in check. Fire area smoothed days later. This was done in 3 different stages. The price listed here is for the 3rd final stage 8/23/17 . I can't find slips on other 2 days. Think around $1000---1400
- E M WOOD CONSTRUCTION INCThey performed the work as quoted, which I felt was reasonable. The work was done on time. They were very accommodating from time to time even after the work was completed . They were very easy to work with.
- MOORE'S SEPTIC, INC.Difficult problem to diagnose and repair. Took several attempts,but found the section of blocked line and repaired it.
- SMITH'S SEPTIC TANK SVC INCWhen Jeff Smith came out, he was very personable and offered me a great deal! Was very responsive and gave me a call back right away. Dug up the tank at no extra charge. He was great and I would definitely recommend him. He also explained how things worked while he was at my house.
- A P LAWRENCE & DAUGHTER CONSTRMr. Lawrence's work was exceptional. He consistently exceeded our expectations. He is a person of integrity and great skill. He was very honest, left our job site clean each day and gave us great advice. We could not be more pleased with his work and would highly recommend him to anyone needing site work, foundation work or concrete work. We will be doing more construction in the future - a barn, garage and other projects. We will definitely hire Mr. Lawrence to do this work
- MRD SERVICESAll jobs professionally done. Mark Danico is one of the best, responsible, prompt, reliable, honest, knows what he can do (and that is a lot!) and what he cannot. Keeps reasonable hours, gets job done quickly and efficiently, extremely fair prices. A+ satisfaction on this end!
- KORHONEN LAND CAREI got them off the local phone directory. I would not recommend. I prepaid them to do additional work which they never completed. They did not respond to my requests after that. I would give them poor grading for that. Their communication was poor. They did not deliver what the customer needed.
- SMITH'S SEPTIC SVCSmith's Septic Service, now owned by Scott and Shari Howard, was excellent. Scott came at the appointed time, uncovered the tank cover, pumped the tank and re-covered the tank cover all for $190. Shari handles the phone and is pleasant, polite and professional. All in all, as good a time as a homeowner in need of septic tank pumping can have - highly recommended
- OUELLETTE SAND & GRAVEL INCHe was very professional, there was not 1 single headache. He did everything the way I wanted it, with a few suggestions from him on how to make things a little better. Like southerly exposure to the sun, made heating much easier. The land is next to a lake and has a vegetation buffer that I could not touch, He worked hand and hand with the town code enforcement officer to be able to make the land the way I wanted it and still stick to the Vegetation buffer code. It seems as though he knows everyone. He knew the code enforcement officer and that helped out a lot :) The spot where the town wanted my driveway was very bad , needed lots of fill and then some blasting through some ledge, Dan Ouellette fought for me with the town to have the driveway put where we wanted it and saved me $1000's of dollars. I would never hesitate to recommend him, He is good honest people. Hard to find people like him any more
- Dwayne SeversonDwayne has been doing most of the big outside work for me from 2003 up to present 2014. I had to put only one date in this review but there have been multiple jobs he has done for me for over 11 years. Prices have had a wide range from a few hundred to a few thousand per job. .Dwayne has been my answer for the do-it -all guy whenever needed. He has heavy equiptment of all kinds, bulldozers, excavator, commercial dumptrucks, wood chipper machine, chainsaws, commercial weed eaters. He does everything . He does a lot of septic systems. & helped with making my horse floor more permeable to save on bedding costs. He has done many projects for me. He is a delightful, intellegent person to have around. His workers are always pleasant too. His prices are good. His workmanship excellent. He stands behind his work
Excavators in Island Falls
- Business Description:Basement Waterproofing, Crawl Space & Foundation Repair experts since 1991. Free estimates & inspections.Recent Review:To start, this was our situation: our basement has three "rooms", one of which is predominantly a crawl space area. In this section, there is a lot of ledge in the basement, and a LOT of water worked its way into our basement with every rainstorm. On top of this, the crawl space section was closest to the stairwell, so the mildewy smell kind of permeated throughout the house. TC Hafford was extremely easy to work with. Our initial estimate was fast, easy, and informative. They will actually send you detailed brochures and outlines of how they're going to waterproof your space. From there, it became obvious that the customer service and workers really cared about the quality of their work, and in making sure we were happy every step of the way. The service was fantastic, and we always felt "in the loop". The job took slightly longer than expected (it was not an easy job), but the end results were exactly what we had hoped for. What we ultimately had done was this: the team encapsulated our entire crawlspace with the CleanSpace and Waterguard system, then installed a single sump pump to replace the two we already had. To do this, they needed to install Waterguard drainage piping with crushed rock throughtout the basement (which was later cemented over again so it's unobtrusive). Then they covered the ledge and unfinished parts of the basement with CleanSpace with Waterguard underneath, which keeps the moisture separate from the rest of the basement and allows the piping to carry any water down to the sump pump. They then installed a drainage system that led away from the house (again, as unobtrusive and well-done as possible). Given our experience as a whole, we plan to call TC Hafford in the future with any needs, and would definitely recommend themSean H.
- Business Description:We specailize in the asphalt sealing buisness! If mention that u got my name from angies list get 15 percent off of booking of driveway with us ..Recent Review:Excellent customer service. Great job done on driveway at a fair price. Definitely recommend.Chuck D.
- Business Description:At CAMERON PAVING, INC. in Jackson, Maine, we specialize in asphalt paving for residential, commercial, and municipal properties, including driveways, parking lots, roads, and tennis courts. We work hard to ensure your job is completed in a timely manner and guarantee the workmanship we provide. Since 1983, we’ve provided the highest quality paving, always keeping up with the latest advancements, and provided excellent services from a family-owned-and-operated local business. Our team is all ..Recent Review:Not good.Fred Cameron came as soon as I called for an estimate.He gave us a quote and we game him a $500.00 deposit for the work to be done in 2 weeks.Well after several calls and promises to come,5 weeks later we called and mentioned the better business bureau.The next day His son Tom came with his crew and paved the drive way.Tom did not have a copy of the original quote so some of the things did not get done.Slope the garage door edges,loam edges of pavement to lawn transition,pave edges between the garage and barn to channel water run off.Also the pavement in front of the garage was supposed to lower so the water does not run in.Fred does not communicate with Tom is probably the reason for the problem.For your sake don’t hire FredAllan D.
- Business Description:Stanley's a family owned with over 60 years in businessRecent Review:They arrived with impressive equipment. Dug up front yard and placed pipe, replaced dirt and left. Rain came and the ground gave way leaving a four foot deep trench. The work was done October 10, 2020 and it is 12/5/200 and no one has come to repair. People related to situation said he didn't add soil and use a heavy weight to repack the soil. The secretary says she will give him message but no return calls. The mailbox is leaning and hole deepens the more it rainsKenneth O.
- Business Description:Keenan Carpentry is a local family owned business located in Caribou, Maine. We have over 20 yrs. experience in residential carpentry including every part of the building process from the foundation up. We believe in straight forward business ethics, no hype, no gimmicks. We take an honest approach meaning we say what we mean and we do what we say. We take a fair approach. We don't give you one price and then tack on extras at the end. If we take longer than expected then that's on us. If we ..Recent Review:Awful. Most of job not even attempted by contractor. Would never use Keenan Carpentry, owned by Brian T Keenan of Caribou, Maine, again. We thought we were in good hands as we used them in 2018 on a small roofing job and they seemed fast and professional, however this time around all his skilled staff has left and he doesn't personally work on anything. We were quoted $26,300 for large remodel job and after paying 2/3 of the job we were lucky to get 1/3 of the work done and 1/3 of the materials dropped off over the course of 3 months. He refuses to answer our requests to work out some kind of partial refund or material drop off. During the course of the work they did do, our property was damaged (ie. scuffs on floors, large scratches in walls and hard wood stairs, lawn torn up, etc.) and I had to constantly clean up after them. We played phone tag with Brian trying to get answers, he lied to us, told us material were ordered when they hadn't been, said he was planning to work on days that he never showed up and never called. The last time we called him he told my husband, "Shut the F*** up" and hung up on him. I came home one night only to find out that they had done a whole room with pine board that was damaged with large gauges in it and broken grooves on the tongue and groove, misaligned seams and crudely cut outlet holes etc that did not line up. When he came over to discuss this, he said, "well at least I hope you are satisfied with the quality of our work," I then asked him if he had seen the upstairs since "his guys" started working, and he hadn't. When he saw what was wrong he blamed it on Collins Hardware that had supplied the wood. I couldn't understand why he wouldn't have inspected this prior to putting it up. At one point on our job he admitted to me that he had spent our money on another job and asked me to go pay for windows. Windows that I was previously told were already ordered. I have numerous texts and pictures and proof of this and would willing to supply to anyone that has any questions. I have also contacted the BBB and the state. FYI it is also against the law to do work on a homeowner's property without a contract if the job is over $3000. If you ask for a contract and you aren't given one, don't let them do the workHeather C.
- Business Description:Lockharts lawncare and critter removal is by far maines most affordable and dependable landscaping and nuissance animal removal company.Recent Review:Justin is very efficient and dependable. He is more than willing to work with his clients to meet their needs and schedules. He is very responsive and when he cannot do your work personally he has a crew that is just as dependable and dedicated as he is. His prices are very fair and you certainly get more than you money's worth from his work. He will do what needs to be done to make sure his customers are satisfied - and he does it all with a smile. <br /Jane A.
- Business Description:FAMILY OWNED & OPERATED. ADDITIONAL EMAIL: BILLING@FARLEYANDSON.COM.Recent Review:.Dan K.
- Business Description:Wilson Excavating Inc has over 40 years of excavation experience in the Oxford County area. We are a full service excavation company with many long established customer relationships. We offer a strong base of technical expertise along with uncompromising quality of service and competitive prices. We are experienced in both commercial and residential excavation work and have the equipment and materials to get the job done right the first time. Call today and see why we're the area's best
- Business Description:Here at K.J Dugas we pride ourselves with our commitment to satisfying our customers with our high standards of excellence, and quality and professional service. Check us out and see why I know we’d be the right choice for your next project! Over the past two decades I have strived to build my company and reputation as a hardworking, respected contractor in the small town of Surry, Maine. Today, K.J. Dugas Construction Inc, is home to an average of 20-30 yearly employees, call todayRecent Review:unknownJames C.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful excavator articles
The cost to dig a trench is relatively low, as it’s usually just the first step in a larger home project. In this guide we explain how much it costs to dig a trench to make room for things like utilities and foundations and what factors can drive up that
Call 811 before you dig in order dig safe. One call two days ahead of work can prevent injury and potentially expensive damage to underground utility lines.
Find excavators in
- East Millinocket
- Mars Hill
- Presque Isle
- West Enfield
- Fort Fairfield
excavators in Island Falls
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Black Majic Sealcoating23 Clearview Estate
- Black Majic Sealcoating
- FARLEY & SON LANDSCAPING, INC.211 West St
- FARLEY & SON LANDSCAPING, INC.
- Gordon Contracting Inc.627 North Dexter Rd.
- Gordon Contracting Inc.
- Lockharts Lawncare and Critter Removal702 main st
- Lockharts Lawncare and Critter Removal
- Ramsdell construction9 Cove Rd
- Ramsdell construction
- STANLEY'S SEPTIC TANK SVC187 Norridgewock Rd
- STANLEY'S SEPTIC TANK SVC
- Wilson Excavating Inc444 Bisbee Town Rd
- Wilson Excavating Inc