The staircase is the centerpiece of your home, and it’s important it looks the part. If you wish to upgrade the spindles and railing to fit your modern home, here are a few ideas and go-to tips to refresh your stair style.
Get matched with top carpenters in Edgecomb, ME
There are 9 highly-rated local carpenters.
Recent Woodworking Reviews in Edgecomb
- Halldale BuildersGlenn and his team we incredible! We were a new build and a big undertaking with 3 stories and a large deck on the third floor. They completed all of our framing and making the project fully weather tight. We appreciated Glenn and his teams advice along the way, this project would not have been a success without their recommendations. Following the completion of their work Glenn has remained in touch to provide additional guidance and support, and offered to help us with any obstacles we may face as we work to finish this project. Great experience and highly recommended
- Upright Building ServicesExtremely well! Fred tracked down and explained the causes of the rot, took apart the rotted areas, and removed the inadequate flashing, which was one of the major causes. He then replaced rotted trim and beadboard, designed and installed proper flashing and roofing, and painted what needed it. In all, an excellent job!
- Upright Building ServicesUpright Building Services did all work as quoted, on-time, and in a thoroughly professional manner. I intend to use their services again in the future and would recommend the same to others.
- All Season Home Improvement CoI cannot say enough good things about Bruce. He is courteous, skilled, neat, and provided quality work throughout my projects. He did them all single-handedly and well! I wouldn't hesitate to use All Season Home Improvement in the future. They put my vinyl siding on my house 27 years ago in 1991, and it's still looking good! I got several estimates before the job and All Season was the most reasonable
- All Season Home Improvement CoThe workmanship of the young men doing "ALL" the work was absolutely PERFECT with not a single problem with his workmanship!
- Halldale BuildersHalldale Builders performed work to add an in--law apartment onto our existing home, consisting of one bedroom, great room, kitchen area, bath. They joined the buildings with a mud room on the inside and a farmer's porch stretching the length of both buildings on the exterior. They do impeccable wood work. My closets, window and door trim, floor boards are all beautiful. They built cathedral ceilings in tongue and groove pine which are gorgeous. They installed a LifeProof floor which I am very pleased with. After the initial experience, we increased our budget and plans extensively to include more features. The construction included a complex roof which they managed without issue. They always had good suggestions and made the whole process worry-free. Any problems were quickly met with solutions. The owner, Glenn, helped me manage work being done through other companies, for example, we swapped out our heating system for an entirely new system to span both buildings. These builders have all the right contacts for cement work, electrical, plumbing, etc. I would wholeheartedly recommend Halldale Builders for any home construction project. These guys are perfectionists and truly care about the quality of their work and customer satisfaction. Perhaps the best testament of their work....We are in their queue waiting to get work done on the original house when they can fit us in
- Upright Building ServicesI had a water leak that damaged the flooring and sections of drywall and I had made an insurance claim for the loss. I had another company give me an estimate for repairs and it appeared as though their estimated costs were quite high. I contacted Mr. Hilchey who had done work for me in the past and he gave me a very reasonable estimate to cover the basement walls with new drywall and to install laminate flooring. The work was done quickly and meticulously. The basement looks great! Mr. Hilchey was very good about letting me know when he would be working and about how the job was progressing. I find him to be an honest and very hard worker and I would absolutely hire him again
- Upright Building ServicesFred was creative in the design and selection of materials for each project. He worked independently in our home; we were not present on many occasions. He is very trust worthy. His prices are a bit higher than average, but the quantity of work he produces, as well as the quality and guarantees he provides are well worth the money. He will follow up on details and get it done to your satisfaction. I would use him again for other projects
- Halldale BuildersAmazingly well. The work took 5 months but it is like having a brand new home. Glenn consulted with us every step of the way to be sure we were getting all that we wanted. Where we didn't have the knowledge to make the best decision he gave us guidance and helped us understand the rationale. We kept adding to the job and he never refused us. We've gone from having a dark, densely packed home to an open, bright, well insulated beautiful interior, as well as a newly cedar shingled exterior. The crew showed up to work every day. The employees were all delightful to have around, respectful, helpful, extremely courteous. Glenn was always available. Financial accountability was top notch. We have receipts for every dollar spent
- Halldale BuildersHalldale Builders did an amazing job on our addition - five star rating. Glenn took the time to explain the different phases of construction and provided options for different grades of material throughout the process. Glenn's approach made the construction of the addition easy and stress free for us by checking in daily to make sure we were satisfied with everything. I cannot say enough about Glenn and his talented team, they are professional carpenters that take pride in their work. My wife and I truly enjoyed working with this team and I would not hesitate to recommend HallDale Builders in the future
Woodworkers in Edgecomb
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:I am a master carpenter who takes pride in his trade, with 30 years experience. Can fix everything in and around the home. I give reasonable estimates and build in a timely manor that fits with the client scheduleRecent Review:Michael Gardner and Gardner Construction rocked my project! I had a hideous and inconvenient concrete slab, and I wanted a deck. Michael recommended a way to build a deck over it and meet and exceed my goals, was there when he said he would be, and was under budget! I was very excited, and likely over communicated with him, and he always was responsive, kind and brought great ideas. He and his whole crew were a pleasure to work with and having them at the house was a pleasure. I love the end resultShannon K.
- Business Description:Jonathan Benson has been working with wood for over 30 years. He earned a Master's Degree in Furniture Design from the Rhode Island School of Design, has taught woodworking at the college level for 10 years. and has written several books, authored numerous articles and lectured extensively on topics related to woodworking and furniture design. Installations available in the DC Metropolitan AreaRecent Review:How could this company come to Illinois from Virginia??? Good question. The answer is. He didn’t. No one responded from my area. I did the work. But I bet this guy would have done it the same way I did. Looks terrific. ThankGayle P.
- Business Description:MacArthur's LLC is locally owned and operated out of the Benton, Maine area. We provide a wide range of services including the following; Siding, framing, drywall, painting, flooring and much more! No job is too small we do it all. We have over 20 years of experience in the Home Remodeling and Construction business. We're passionate about delivering an exceptional remodeling experience. When you hire us, you're hiring a team of professionals who are trained and skilled to deliver lasting va..Recent Review:It was great. He was easy to get along with. He was customer friendly. He did a very good quality of work. He took care of the job as soon as possible.Dan D.
- Business Description:We are a construction company that serves the mid-coast Maine area. We have a large range of what we are able to do. Our attention to detail is what sets us apart. We have some subcontractors that we use in order to make jobs move faster and save our clients money. We are a very honest company and stick to our word. We have a crew large enough to handle projects or size but not so large we can not help smaller projects. We bill according to the project and require a deposit of materials plus ..Recent Review:It went incredible. He came in and did an estimate. What I had in my mind, he did it better. I have dogs and he totally understood that I love my dogs. He was great at telling me what I would and wouldn't need because of my dog. He fixed some things that the last person did wrong. He gave me all the information and let me make the decisions. He got here early and finished on time. We already have another project in the works. He is a very honest manEllen C.
- Business Description:We have the experience and dedication to bring your dreams to reality! Specializing in home remodeling (standard to custom), we guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! From remodels and home additions, to dekcs and garages, and everything in between, give us a call or click to schedule a free estimate today!Recent Review:It was excellent. They did a wonderful job, they followed up with the work, I was very happy, I would recommend them and I would hire them again in the future.bONNIE L.
- Business Description:“In Business since 2000, Upright Building Services is a full service building contractor able to handle any home improvement project and light commercial construction. Fred Hilchey is the Steward of Upright building Services. With a crew of tried and trusted co-workers and associates we are ready for what ever you need to have done from a small repair to a new home or maybe somewhere in between. All work comes with manufacturer’s warranties as well as with a 2 year warranty on all workmanshi..Recent Review:It went very well. I am very pleased with the outcome. Fred Hilchey and his team were very professional, and hard working, and conscientious. Some rot was found on two of the walls of the house and it was fixed appropriately and well. I can say that I feel that this new siding will last foreverDiane K.
- Business Description:Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:It went incredibly well. I woke up one morning to a leak in my roof. I knew the roof was going to need to be replaced at some point, but I was hoping I'd get another year out of it. The roof was in bad shape when I bought the house. I immediately started calling all of the roofing companies I could find on Google. It was early so I was leaving voicemails. Kasey from James and Whitney was the first and only one to get back to me in a timely manner. He was incredibly helpful on the phone, walking me through how to put a tarp over the impacted area. He even swung by later THAT DAY to check and make sure it was installed properly and to assess the roof. I knew it needed to be replaced so we went right into talking about estimates. The estimate was within my budget but the new roof came with a FIFTY-YEAR WARRANTY for parts and labor. You just can't beat that kind of warranty on an asphalt roof. We were scheduled within a week and I had a brand new, perfectly installed roof within a month. Kasey and his team were super respectful during the installation. When the installation had finished, Kasey inspected every inch of my property to pick up any tiny bits of trash and leave our lawn spotless. The whole process was so easy and stress-free. 10/10 would recommendJeffrey C.
- Business Description:Remodeling, General Construction and Carpentry. Sole Proprietor, but works with other subcontracted building professionals and uses licensed subcontractors for plumbing and Electrical work. Works hourly and/or provides free estimates, and free consultation. Strong emphasis on quality workmanship, and has solid references. All work is guaranteed accompanied by workmanship warranty specific to the job compleeted. We stand behind our product. Asa is an easy going carpenter who is a seriou..Recent Review:The project went great; I'm very happy with the final product. It lines up exactly with what I was looking for at the start of the project and looks better than I could have planned because of some great design suggestions from Wagner Home Renovation along the way. We ended up creating two separate closets from the previous closet incorporating some previously unused space in the condo as well. Both closets are accessed through very nice double doors. The laundry closet and general/clothes closet both look great. Wagner Home Renovation used high quality repurposed wood from a previous project and black iron rods to give the general/clothes closet great character. All of the work was very well done, and blends into the existing paint and trim-work so well, you can't even tell any work has been done. As an example, they added a wooden keystone at the enlarged entranceway near the new closets that was a very nice touch and feels like it was always there. They were able to save me money throughout the project by offering to use repurposed wood from previous projects that was often better quality than what would normally be used. Wagner Home Renovation does high-quality work and has a genuine interest in how well the end result turns out. They have a great attention for detail, offer great design ideas and options, and are responsive, honest, budget-conscious, flexible, reliable and easy to work with. I highly recommend themGrant M.
- Business Description:All Season Home Improvement Company is a full service home improvement contractor serving Maine communities within a 50 mile radius of Augusta, Maine. All Season Home Improvement Company is an Accredited Member of the Maine Better Business Bureau and has been in business since 1991. Also serving Hancock CountiesRecent Review:Horrible do not hire. They don't return calls and were the last company to respond for a quote.Michael R.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful woodworker articles
Curious pets, water exposure, and old caulk are possible causes of damaged or broken baseboards, trim, or crown moldings. Restore this wood to protect it from dust and insects with these simple, low-cost tips on how to fix baseboards.
Your new roof looks perfect, and you’ve waited weeks for it to be complete. But now there’s already a leak in your roof, so what do you do? Using this guide, you’ll learn the steps to take to avoid further damage and repair your roof.
Find carpenters in
- New Harbor
- Boothbay Harbor
- West Bath
- West Gardiner
carpenters in Edgecomb
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- A Team Home Improvements, LLC61 West River Rd
- All Aspects Construction18 Ocean Park
- All pro Maine painting 141 Maple Ter
- All Season Home Improvement Co823 Church Hill Rd
- American Restorations Co.1964 Hill Rd
- AZ Builders115 North St
- A Team Home Improvements, LLC
- B&B Construction564 Hussey Hill Road
- Bay Cove Builders44 Fairway E
Sayville, New York
- Bill's Home Repair Co.865 pinnacle rd
- black bear industrial inc16 Andover Rd
- Blue Spruce Joinery INC89 Makers Cove Road
Owls Head, Maine
- Bragg Builders16 Harris Rd
- B&B Construction
- Carver Construction18 Logan Rd
West Boothbay Harbor, Maine
- CENTRAL MAINE HOME IMPROVEMENTS530 RIVER AVE
- CertaPro Painters of Maine740 STROUDWATER ST
- Coastal Builders41 Log Cabin Rd
- Commercial Roofing Systems IncPO Box 110
- Creamer Enterprises4 mills Rd #62
- Custom Closets of Maine824 Roosevelt Trail
- Carver Construction
- E.L.B. Construction Inc.370 Bailey Hill Rd 479 Dallas Hill Rd, Rangeley Me 04970
- East Coast Cabinet Sales5 Boardman St.
- Eastern Shore Builders15 Stone Alley
- Elevate Construction Inc1000 S Fairfield Drive Ste. 80
- Estabrook Builders23 fifth ave
- E.L.B. Construction Inc.
- Interlock Industries Inc25 Walpole Park S Unit 7
- Interlock Industries Inc
- MAINE TIMBER WORKS823 Augusta Road
- Mainely Kitchens and Baths26 York St
- Matthew Lewis Carpentry97 Duckpuddle Road
- McCarthy Point Builders38 Kenneth Ln
- Mckeen and sons
- Michael Wales & Daughter Construction480 New Portland Hill Road
New Portland, Maine
- Mid-Maine Handyman Pro186 Martin Stream Road
- Midcoast Remodeling LLC31 Long Cove Way
Westport Island, Maine
- MAINE TIMBER WORKS
- Quality Landscaping48 Lothridge Ln
- Quality Landscaping
- T&L Construction484 Acadia hwy
- T-Libb Construction @ Design Service350 Rebel Hill Rd
Smyrna Mills, Maine
- the perfect property823 East Pond Road
- Timber Ridge Quality Homes22 Knights Rd
- Timberlake and Company158 Mayville Rd.
- TLC WoodcraftersPOB 555
North Anson, Maine
- T&L Construction
- Valliere Design Studio49 West Meadow rd.
- Valliere Design Studio