In order to function properly, your septic tank needs to be regularly inspected and emptied. How often you should get your septic tank inspected depends on a few factors.
Get matched with top septic tank services in Augusta, ME
There are 6 highly-rated local septic tank services.
Matching on Angi
Recent Septic Tank Service Reviews in Augusta
- IDEAL SEPTIC SVCI spoke to Casey, the dispatcher in the morning. He said he wasn't sure how quickly he could get someone here but he would try his best. About 45 minutes later, he called back and said that Dave would be stopping by in the early afternoon. Dave was here by 12:45. He was excellent, very infomative - quickly diagnosed the issues we were facing and remedied them. He checked to make sure the septic pump was working (it was!) and then opened the settling tank. He let us know that our water filter/softener system was churning the contents of the tank when it recycles and that is why our filter was clogged. He suggested a remedy and we scheduled a regular 3-year cycle for pumping. We were both impressed with his knowledge, 'let's -get-it-done' attitude, and willingness to answer questions, no matter how seemingly insignificant
- Main Choice InspectionsThe price was a little expensive, but it was worth every penny. I chose the package with additional add on’s, because I wanted a comprehensive report. Tom was very thorough, professional, and knowledgeable. They saved me a ton of money by finding an issue with the septic system, that wasn’t easy to find. Tom was there for close to 4 hours and went over every aspect of the home with me in a walk through. I would highly recommend Main Choice and will definitely use them again in the future. Bill the owner was a very pleasant guy as well, and wasn’t afraid to roll his sleeves up and get dirty. Couldn’t have been happier with their services
- AnnRuel Home InspectionsI am so pleased that I chose to use Annruel Home Inspections. From my first conversation, I knew they were the company I would choose! Jim, was my initial contact and was so friendly and informative. One major thing lacking from businesses these days, is customer service! I can say that this company has amazing customer service. Skip did our inspection and went above and beyond the minimum requirements. He was personable, informative, thorough and I could go on and on. He saved me from purchasing a nightmare! It needed major repairs on the septic and leech field, among other things. If he had done just the minimum, I would have incurred tens of thousands of dollars in repairs. The sellers that are able to post reviews on this company should think twice about their review. What if it was their son, daughter or relative purchasing a home and the inspection was not thorough? I know that I would be upset. Bringing things to a homebuyers attention is what a home inspection company should do and Annruel is amazing at this! I am using them again after the other home inspection they performed, discovered all of the “major issues “ and minor ones too! They do not cut corners, spent several hours on my first inspection, are the best price, they have bundle packages, reports are completed super fast. My inspection was performed on a Friday and the report was sent to me on Monday! Amazing! I usually do not write reviews but the service I received deserves recognition! They even gave me a discount on my next inspection! Which is being done tomorrow. I don’t have any worries about the quality of service I will receive. I know I will get 150% from Annruel! Thank you, Jim, Skip and Jessica for all that you do and providing me with the best experience I could ask for as a homebuyer looking for a home. I highly recommend Annruel and will to my family and friends! Great deal! Thorough home inspection, septic inspection with fiber optic cable/camera, leech-field and even ran a mini robot on wheels with camera in small area to view under home
- Main Choice InspectionsWorked with Bill Heath, who did an amazing inspection. The price is well worth it. Couldn't ask for a better inspector. The small amount of money I paid ended up saving me nearly $30,000 and a potential lawsuit! Any first time home buyer NEEDS to work with this company. The best investment you can make in the whole process is hiring the right home inspector. These guys will not only let you know the most pertinent and pressing issues about your property, but will also give you valuable advice on what to do next. My inspector, Bill Heath, explained everything in detail as he discovered it. The money I spent for this inspection was some of the best money I ever spent
- STANLEY'S SEPTIC TANK SVCEverything went great. Septic backed up Sunday afternoon. I called the folks at Stanley's Septic Monday morning and by noon they were at the house taking care of business.m They sent three men who were exceptionally professional and got the job done in under an hour, all for a very reasonable $190.00. I will use them for all my septic need going forward
- KORHONEN LAND CAREThey do good quality work. They put extra time and effort into the work they do. They will work around my schedule for me. They showed up on time to do the work. They worked very long hours and didn't charge extra.
- D & D Necessary RoomThey were sub-contractors to the other company. I would ask everyone to call them as they are worth it. The younger guy who was operating the machine was digging was amazing. It was like watching ballet and he was amazing. He could make the scooper do anything. He picked up stones, moved the stones out of the way, cut stones out of the way. He set up advantage stone near the fire place for the kids to sit around. I watched them remove a heating oil tank in the ground near the hose using a whisk broom
- HAROLD MAC QUINN INCThey were the most responsive in giving me the quote. It is called as a waste water disposal system. They were prompt, clear, fair and professional. Based on the earlier experience and his quote I may use him.
- Look Brothers Septic & PumpingHe is an individual contractor and his name is Jerry Look. I got 3 bids for putting in a septic in a residential four bathrooms. They put in a brand new septic tank and new Leach Field. The engineer I used to design t was great. He is a master electrician and all certified. They accommodated my schedule, came in with a low bid and it was a pleasure to deal with them. They used a sub-contractor and dealing with them was a complete pleasure. They were sub-contracted to Look Brothers Septic and Pumping for the excavation. The engineer I used who performed the evaluation and the design was Dean L Bradshaw. He was great, the design was great and it all worked out wonderful. The way it works is that; we have to get an engineer to design the septic. Then he gives the design and we have to go shopping to get an excavator to install the septic tank and leach field. Those people usually have a sub-contractor who is a plumber and an excavator. Then when all this going on, we call the local assessor, checks the site and the design and while it is ongoing he comes back and gives it a pass. So we had all of this done and got a permit. They were a pleasure to work with; they had an honest price and were very easy. The people contracted here don't have much control on their schedules as it is a poor county and they try to get as much work as possible in their hands
- Look Brothers Septic & Pumpingi called them up and told them i was having problems but no idea what was the matter other than the electrical panel seemed shot. One of the Look brothers is a master electricain. They came out the very next day to access the problem. They pumped the tank, $200, which i felt was very reasonable. It was discovered that the pump had died and they were able to ordert me a new one and come by on a Saturday to install it so we did not have to go without septic for the weekend. Very satisfied with all aspects of the job, from convenient schedualing to reasonable priceing for parts and labor
Septic Tank Companies in Augusta
- Business Description:Rooter-Man of SouthernMaine/New Hampshire is a professional drain cleaning and plumbing company that's locally owned and operated by the Sewall Family. With over 40+ years of experience, Rooter-Man provides dependable services at affordable rates and is available to assist you 24/7. Fully insured, trained technicians and the newest in equipment enables us to provide efficient professional serviceRecent Review:Mark Burgess did an outstanding job. Both drains were stubborn, and he patiently cleaned out the drains. I highly recommend Mark Burgess at Rooter Man of Southern New Hampshire. He was punctual, effective, and patiently worked the drains cleanElizabeth S.
- Business Description:We are construction company specializing in residential work. We have extensive experience in all phases of residential construction and handyman services. The leadership group at PRH Contractors combines over 30+ years experience in the construction industry, from residential projects to commercial projects ranging in size and complexity. PRH Contractors is driven by our determination for customer satisfaction and our passion to build. We provide more value to our cli..Recent Review:Patrick is a man of his word. Even though his subcontractors let him down he was there to the end working long hours , weekends, what ever was needed to complete the job. He did some extra things we weren't expecting which were really nice touches. Willing to give suggestions which all seemed to be good. We looked at 4 different contractors and his price was the best(in a few cases by far), he stuck to the budget. Will hire him for another job!!Chuck S.
- Business Description:Since 1980 the name AnnRuel which is the middle names of Marlene Ann MacNaughton and James Ruel MacNaughton has stood for quality service at reasonable rates. Serving central Maine out of our Fairfield Maine office an the Greater Portland area out of our South Portland officeRecent Review:Incredibly thorough, detailed and. professional, explained issues as they arose in great detail. His written report was very detailed with all photos... we could not have asked for a better experience. If you are in Maine this is your guy for quality home inspectionsRich C.
- Business Description:$100 off to Angie's List members not to be combined with any other offer. Winner of the Angie's List Super Service Award every year since 2015. At Main Choice Inspections it's our mission to make your home inspection a highlight of the home purchase. Bill Heath is the Owner and Certified Master Inspector who stands behind every inspection with the MCI guarantee, if you are not completely satisfied with the inspection he will pay for another inspector to inspect your home. (see website for det..Recent Review:The price was a little expensive, but it was worth every penny. I chose the package with additional add on’s, because I wanted a comprehensive report. Tom was very thorough, professional, and knowledgeable. They saved me a ton of money by finding an issue with the septic system, that wasn’t easy to find. Tom was there for close to 4 hours and went over every aspect of the home with me in a walk through. I would highly recommend Main Choice and will definitely use them again in the future. Bill the owner was a very pleasant guy as well, and wasn’t afraid to roll his sleeves up and get dirty. Couldn’t have been happier with their servicesNicholas Z.
- Business Description:Millyard Home Inspection is a home inspection service that meets and exceeds national standards. We are a full service inspection service that includes: Septic Evaluation; Air Radon Testing; Well water Testing; mold, asbestos and lead evaluation testing. First time home buyers or experienced investors will feel comfortable knowing Millyard Home Inspection has the experience and knowledge to make you feel secure in making one of life's biggest decision. My name is Dan Lombardo and I know how f..Recent Review:Dan was very thorough and professional. A major structural defect was found in the attic area. We can’t thank Dan at Millyard Home Inspection enough for helping us. I will definitely be using Dan when we find our next home. I would highly recommend this companySheri S.
- Business Description:With over 25 years of excavating work experience, we are here to address all your excavating needs you may have.Recent Review:The service was excellent. I found these people very exacting in what they do. They were very careful and very neat job. If they have questions, they always ask what I want. They deserved a five star ratings. They're excellent people. I do know that the charges are reasonable. They make sure once they completed the job to take extra time to ensure that the site was restored to where it was originallyken S.
- Business Description:Our mission is to be a provider that brings back the personal touch with our customers. We will build a relationship that will last a lifetime after you see our quality work. As a locally owned and operated business we feel invested in our clients and constantly strive for customer satisfaction. We won't leave until the job is done right! Call or click to schedule an estimate todayRecent Review:I have used Advanced Land Service a few times at both our home and our families’ camp to cut down trees and stump grind. Paul and his crew were professional and the prices were reasonable. I would highly recommend Advanced Land ServiceLeeAnne N.
- Business Description:Here at Flahertys Construction we put pride and heart in our work for you the customer. Please give us a call or request a quote. We’ll be happy to help you. No job to big or small we always can make it happen. Family owned and operated over 15 years doing everything from Excavating installing house lots to paving roads.
- Business Description:Smart Home Buyers Want to Know What They're Buying!! You're the kind of person that appreciates the value of knowledge. As a Maine Certified Home Inspector, I'm in the knowledge business. I provide Maine Home Inspection Services that quickly give you the knowledge you need to make a sound investment. In a few short hours, I will transfer everything I know about the property you're considering, into a concise and easy to understand report. With the knowledge I'll provide in your report, you'll..Recent Review:I am very pleased with the home inspection service. In respect to the pending purchase, it did not go so well for the seller because of the problems that were found. The inspection covered many important issues of concern in an objective and professional manner. I am thankful Jeff was able to schedule the appointment promptly; and even more impressed with the timeliness of the reportJoanne R.
- Business Description:Stanley's a family owned with over 60 years in businessRecent Review:We called Jack Stanley when the sewer in our recently purchased, old house started backing up in the basement. Jack personally <br /> came to our home on the afternoon of the same day called. He snaked thedrain and did a full assessment, explaining the ancient crumbling pipe would ultimatelyneed to be replaced. Our options for thejob were reviewed and quoted on the spotat 3000. It was a big job, traveling hundreds of feet to the closest town line. <br /> We needed to give this unexpected project its due diligence so we called the townengineer who came, advised and when asked gave us the name of another sewercompany. They also came out promptly and looked the job over; their written estimate was 7500.00. Admittedly, the job offered by the second company was much more involved, but not necessary to fix the problem, and in my over stretched new homeowner's budget there was no question. <br /> We called Stanley who wrote up a contract and was on the job three days later bright and early, and finished by the afternoon. Joining with the city line proved a little easier than Stanley originally thought, he creditedus 450.00 off the original written contract of 2950.00. Honorable, knowledgeable and prompt, clearly we recommend Stanley's Septic Tank Service to all, and the sewer line is working perfectlyLaura P.
Explore our Solution Center for helpful septic tank company articles
Replacing a drain field requires digging up quite a bit of land and involves a decent amount of testing. Using this guide, you’ll learn how much it costs to replace a drain field based on a few key factors such as size and type of septic system.
A small septic tank system is ideal for spaces with minimal needs, such as a one-to-two-bedroom apartment or guest house. A small septic tank contains 750 or 1,000 gallons. We’ll cover everything that factors into your small septic system cost here.
Find septic tank services in
septic tank services in Augusta
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- AnnRuel Home Inspections19 West St
Fairfield, Maine 04937
- AnnRuel Home Inspections
- Brian Bickford Plumbing and Heating16 Bickford Dr
Fairfield, Maine 04937
- Brian Bickford Plumbing and Heating
- Campbell Property Inspections20 Yeaton Lane
Pittston, Maine 04345
- Campbell Property Inspections
- Delta Van Lines Inc2221 Forsyth rd
Orlando, Florida 32807
- Delta Van Lines Inc
- Flahertys Construction179 Bean Rd
Mount Vernon, Maine 04352
- Flahertys Construction
- K J Dugas Construction Inc.157 Blue Hill Rd.
Surry, Maine 04684
- K J Dugas Construction Inc.
- Pat Jackson Inc - Tri CityPO Box 691
Augusta, Maine 04332
- Pat Jackson Inc - Tri City
- Rooter-Man of Southern Maine/New Hampshire151 Epping Road
Exeter, New Hampshire 03833
- Rooter-Man of Southern Maine/New Hampshire
- STANLEY'S SEPTIC TANK SVC187 Norridgewock Rd
Fairfield, Maine 04937
- STANLEY'S SEPTIC TANK SVC
- T&L Construction484 Acadia hwy
Montville, Maine 04941
- T&L Construction