Founded 1976 • With Angi since August 2006

Whiting Co has been serving the Baltimore and Washington areas for 41 years. When you work with Whiting Co, you work with highly experienced professionals who have worked with the company for over 25 years. If inquiring about work through Quick Connect program, please include a phone number to

2022 Super Service Award

roofing (643)siding companies (233)window replacement (183)gutter repair (220)door installation (132)woodworking (30)skylight installation (23)general contractors (23)insulation (21)decks & porches (20)garage doors (17)awnings (16)

11/27/2022

Richard W.

This company is amazing. Exceptional work and attention to all aspects of the work that needed to be preformed. I had a bit of nervousness in trying to find a contractor for what I considered a major job, after seeing how other roofs were replaced in my neighborhood. From the sales personnel, the roofing crew, to the crew who installed the gutters - absolute professionals. The scheduling time frame was very reasonable, as was the price. The fact the the company could handle all required aspects of roof replacement and repairs to fascia or other trim work, and then install the gutters - made it a simple decision. The roofing crew deserves special recognition for their craftsmanship, care of the property, and work ethic - a finely tuned crew. All the work (expect for gutters) was done in one day, and with nothing to clean up after they left.

Description of Work
The roof needed to be replaced since it starting to show some deterioration. Also, needed to have fascia replaced and new gutters and downspouts.

09/18/2022

Vikram N.

Whiting were efficient in replacing a custom skylight which had been smashed by a falling branch. They came out, measured the skylight's dimensions, had a replacement delivered to our home, and sent a team to replace the skylight with minimum fuss and disruption to the home. The workmanship was excellent.

Description of Work
Replace a skylight

Work Completed On 09/18/2022

thank you for your business...tim

09/09/2022

William A.

Tim Whiting, and his company, are nothing short of amazing. After a few weeks of heavy rain, my roof began leaking. Tim was the only one who could get to my house in less than a week. His crew came out, diagnosed the problem (2 separate areas were leaking), replaced boards and shingles, and completely remediated the issue. I could NOT be happier with the service, and they will be my first call with any future roofing issues. Thank you Tim!!!

Description of Work
Roof repair/Leak

Work Completed On 07/14/2022

thank you im glad that we could stop the leak before the next rainfall.....tim

reynolds C.

Great, very professional I am satisfied with the work and clean up.

Description of Work
trim

Category awnings, woodworking

Work Completed On 07/14/2022

thanks for your business mr [Member Name Removed].....let me know if you need your roof changed...

flores N.

was very professional and fast. For sure would hire again

Description of Work
3w

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/13/2020

thank you so much for this referrence....

barnes C.

Couldn’t ask for more, very professional and easy to work with. Amazing skills with the trim work around the widows and doors. Clean up of old nails and material A+.

Description of Work
siding/roofing/gutters

Category awnings, gutter repair, roofing, siding

Work Completed On 12/03/2021

thanks for the reference [Member Name Removed].....

reisman-smith C.

The whole team was extremely professional, friendly and very respectful of my property. The salesman Tony explained every option and even showed me videos of how the gutter system worked. He explained the difference in the shingles. The installer took extra precautions in tarping the entire yard to catch debris since i have dogs. They cleaned up so well that I didnt have to worry. The owner called himself to go over details and check in. From the salesman to the installers -great crew.

Description of Work
roof, gutters and gutter gards

Category awnings, gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 07/13/2021

tony and i thank you for your business and hope we can do other projects for you in the future....

Indu D.

very professional installer and way cheaper than any other installer whose quote we got, not to mention one off the topmost rated installer in the area.

Description of Work
roof

Work Completed On 07/01/2021

crafton C.

Very professional work no complaints whatsoever

Description of Work
roof and gutter

Category decks, remodeling

Work Completed On 07/13/2022

thanks mr [Member Name Removed]....im glad we were able to do your roof and replace the bad sheathing for you....

Alyssa S.

The team and the owner were very professional. I was given a thorough explanation of what needed to be done and received an accurate quote. I am a very satisfied customer and will use them again.

Description of Work
roof

Work Completed On 07/13/2022

thank you and we look forward for your future projects.....

Linwood F.

Excellent work, fast install even in the middle of the shutdowns. Like watching This Old House.

Description of Work
3 windows installed

Category replacement windows, window treatments

Work Completed On 12/07/2020

glad this went smoothly for you.....tim

jones K.

Not very well, my wife and I we're very dissatisfied with the way our roofing was handled. There is still a dip in the front our roof and some how the side of our roof was damaged.

Description of Work
roof

Work Completed On 07/12/2022

i have explained to mr and mrs. [Member Name Removed] that when their townhouse unit was built the builder had the end rafter a little high and for that reason the plywood angles up about an inch.....i gave him this information so he could present it to his insurance company to see if they would check it out and authhorize money to remove it and correct the framing......the framing was not part of his roof replacement contract and he does not want to pay for the additional work that we were not hired to do. we did not frame his house we only put a new roof on top of his existing sheathing which is on top of the framing and rafters.

evans J.

From the sale "Don Nicholson" to the installation things could not have not went any better !!! I would HIGHLY recommend the Whiting Company !!!

Description of Work
16 windows

Work Completed On 07/14/2022

don and i thank you for your business....

05/13/2021

Charles W.

Ken, the salesman for Whiting Siding, Roofing, and Windows arrived at my house on Saturday and spent about three hours displaying the siding options that would be within my budget. Next we focused on the colors of siding, wood wrap, and shutters and Ken made a detailed survey of the structure recommending structural changes such as removal of shadow boxes and gable vents. Finally Ken drafted a detailed proposal. He followed up a week later and my job went into the installation queue. The Whiting crew worked hard and steady and did quality work. They were respectful of my property and cleaned up the job site thoroughly. After the work was completed, it was evident that all of Ken's recommendations were spot on and my neighbors commented favorably on the style of siding that Ken had selected. The new siding has "knocked" about 20 years off of my 40 year old house.

Description of Work
vinyl siding installed, all wood wrapped

Category awnings, siding

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

thanks mr [Member Name Removed]...

04/16/2021

Lori L.

I received several quotes to replace five windows in my home. Whiting Co was significantly less than other companies. I was a little nervous to go with the lowest bidder, but the salesman Ken was reassuring and explained the whole process. There were no heavy sales tactics and everything was straight forward. The installation crew was efficient and did a great job. They left the house clean when they were finished.

Description of Work
Window Replacement

Work Completed On 04/13/2021

thanks [Member Name Removed].....

01/20/2021

NATHANIEL G.

Whiting Co, were very professional. Job started earlier than promised and took about a day and a half to complete. I like the fact that the foreman let me know if there were additional damage and discussed materials and pricing to repair. Which was very reasonable. My roof looks great and the price was 5 to 6k cheaper than other roofing companies quotes. Their Angieslist deal is legit no up sale or runaround. Great job by this company.

Description of Work
Roofing repair and replace

Work Completed On 01/20/2021

thank you. tim whiting 301-218-5400

09/22/2020

Shalin B.

Five years after installation, a piece of aluminum came off a corner of the roof and exposed some wood. I contacted the Whiting Company and sent pictures via email. Within a week, they sent a crew to perform the repair, no questions asked and at no cost. It's rare to come across a company that responds so promptly and professional, in fulfillment of a warranty request. This is my first Angie's List review.

Description of Work
Roof Warranty

Work Completed On 09/21/2020

09/01/2020

LaVinya M.

The Whiting Company covered all the uncovered wood on my dormers and bay window. Replaced my roof. Then installed new windows. The whole job was really quick. They covered the uncovered wood on a Tuesday. The roof material was delivered Thursday and installed the next day on Friday. Then the windows were done the following Monday. So all in all everything was done within a week. I love my new windows and no more leaks!

Description of Work
Covered uncovered wood, replaced roof, replaced windows

Category awnings, roofing, replacement windows

Work Completed On 04/06/2020

thank you for your business and im glad you were satisfied.......tim whiting 301-218-5400

08/03/2020

John W.

The Whiting Company replaced our roof a few years ago. I saw a shingle had come off the other day. Called up Tim and he got his crew out today to fix it just before the storm rolled in. Thanks!!!

Description of Work
Full Roof Replacement / Repair

Work Completed On 08/03/2020

07/22/2020

Sara S.

Whiting Co did very good work on a complicated siding demolition and installation project plus a window replacement. The Whiting crew showed excellent workmanship and were efficient and good communicators. I would use them again.

Description of Work
Removed wood siding and installed James Hardie fiber cement siding

Category siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 05/18/2021

thank you for your business..

07/16/2020

Christopher G.

Excellent. Job was done on time. Work turned out wonderfully. Workers were careful. No plants or shrubs were damaged during the removal of the old shingles or installation of the new ones. Price was extremely competitive. Don and Tim were great to work with. We will definitely use The Whiting Co. again!

Description of Work
New partial roof installation

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

05/28/2020

Barry F.

We had Whiting do this job because he also did new siding for our home. Both jobs were were done professionally, on time, aesthetically pleasing and to our complete satisfaction. Would definitely use Whiting for any work within their capabilities. Fair pricing too.

Description of Work
Installed 3 new windows

Work Completed On 05/24/2020