Few things are more frustrating than a malfunctioning AC unit on a hot day. Here are nine AC troubleshooting tips to get the cool air flowing again.
Get matched with top home builders in Smithland, KY
There are 2 highly-rated local home builders.
Matching on Angi
Recent Home Builder Reviews in Smithland
- Mitchell Construction LLCJames Mitchell installed 7 support piers. These were installed the correct way with poured concrete footers. My inspector, Rob Pruitt with TRC Consulting, reinspected the work after its completion and said that it was a fantastic job and that no corners were cut.
- BROWN GENERAL CONTRACTING INCThey are great at what they do. They specialize in commercial buildings. Their prices are competitive. They are awesome to deal with. I couldn't ask for better.
- Anthony Farmer RoofingCalled Anthony Farmer regarding an estimate on new roof for my home and garage.He came within 2 days of my request. Upon climbing up on and inspecting the roof onmy home, he came down and told me very honestly that as much as he could use the work,he saw no indication that I needed a new roof at all. I was shocked and very impressed withhis honesty and integrity. With shingles missing off of my garage, I knew there was a true needthere. Anthony advised me as to which material would be best for me to use, explained how theprocess would go, and ensured me great care and protection of my property should unforseen weather occur. The job was completed in 3 days as he and his crew were working in the earlymorning and late afternoon due to the very high temperatures of over 100 degrees. He wasmaticulous in collecting and disposing of the removed materials
- PEAK ROOFING & SIDINGWonderful work! prompt & clean! have had a cat 1 hurricane (reformed ike) a couple yrs ago & roof has held up beautifully! we were one of the few!
- Harshman Constr.. .The Harshman firm was given an historical mess . three existing single boxes were previously attached to a wall where a new on demand water heater was installed l. An existing cable to an upstairs outlet that was evidently used for an air conditioner prior to central AC being installedThey removed three existing fused bowes and the attached wiring . One box was not fused but used as a junction box . David Harshman , the electrician working with his brother Tony , removed the boxes and the attached cables than ran thru the floor into our crawl space . The remaining lines were then connected to the main panel . An existing line to a prior air conditioner that was replaced by central air was removed thereby creating more main panel space . We went from having three separate single control units plus an apparantly full electrical panel to only the main panel that not only accommodated the three previous units but ended as well with two free units in the main panel ----all now compliant with code .All of this work was finished within one mornings work including Tony's crawl space efforts ! This work along with a similarly fine effort by Ivitts Plumbing in installing an on demand water heater in the same area of our small utility room also allowed for the removal of an existing 25 yr. old hot water tank that was within an inch or two of our electrical panel as well as removing a "mish-mash" of electrical cables and boxes ! Between these two fine firms we have removed an historical buildup of complex plumbing and electrical problems that are all too often existing in older homes (1951 in this case ) and not only posed code problems but real and possibly imminent dangerous conditions . Kudos to these two fine competent firms
- Jimmy WommackThe projects we have him do for us are not major. One thing I appreciate is that when he gave us an estimate, there were no overruns. The estimate was the price we paid. There was no fluff. The retaining wall was held up by the weather. That wasn't something you can't control. There was a month straight of rain
- Mitchell Construction LLCJames and his work crew were very fast, reliable and affordable. Everything was done just as we asked. He wasn't the contractor to push you in a certain direction of things, he took our ideas and made them come true. Our entire house was built in 6 months. He is very professional and conducted business in a professional manner. He is very trustworthy and affordable. If we wanted him to change something, he fixed or changed it with a smile on his face. Definitely have recommended him to family and friends
- Arts ConstructionTheir work was outstanding and have never seen it done quicker. They were very punctual and communication was excellent.
- Mitchell Construction LLCIt is still in the beginning stages, so not much to report; however, to this point, James has been knowledgeable, punctual, professional, and easy to work with. I will update my review upon completion of the project!!
- DEK CONSTRUCTION INCWork went very fast and efficiently. Workers were always on time and did work as told. Workers may or may not have done task before and were inexperienced in some things.There for the work was not always done well but done as good as they could perform. I suggest getting using specialists from dry walling on
House Builders in Smithland
- Business Description:We do not manufacture windows or doors for homes nor do we use Insulated glass. Strafford Window Mfg. manufacturers custom wood windows for barns, sheds, stables, pool houses, cabin, porches and interior applications in the home. Our windows are made of all wood and single strength glass. Call for pricing on Tempered glass. Strafford Window MFG. manufactures Sashes, Transoms, Single Hung Window Units, Hopper Window Units, Fixed Window Units and ScreensRecent Review:These windows are solid, well built and look great. I will be ordering more for my house.Don P.
- Business Description:We offer a 5% discount to veterans.Recent Review:It went smoothly, just the rain delayed the project.Darrel S.
- Business Description:EHM is a structural moving and elevating company that also specializes in foundation repair and replacement. We have been working in the Midwest since the Great Floods of 1993. We specialize in severely comprised foundation issues. We can elevate, level, pier or replace a wall or your entire foundation. We do not do mudjacking, waterproofing or minor crack repairRecent Review:I did not get the service that we originally talked about I am very unhappyDonna S.
- Business Description:ETR Laboratories in an analytic laboratory with a broad range of commercial, industrial and individual clients. We provide analytic services using a wide variety of scientific methods including GC/MS, IC/MS, GIR, NMR and SEM equipment. We can do particle analysis, organic and inorganic chemical analysis and micro analysis on biological and other materials. Private water analysis is our specialty. Award winning. Additional DBA - Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories Inc, ETR Labs, ETR ..Recent Review:The whole process was easy. ETR were quickly responsive to questions. Professionally discussed in related terms test results over the phone. Highly recommend!Kevin F.
- Business Description:Great quality Roofing and Siding
- Business Description:Off grid energy and alternative/sustainable living solutions.
- Business Description:Provider and installer of all steel tornado shelters, safe rooms, custom bunkers and walk-in gun vaults. We carry a full line of Guardian survival gear at our online storefront. ALL of our tornado shelters are made from 100% American Plate Steel. ALL are built and engineered to meet or exceed FEMA specifications to withstand an EF-5 tornado! It is our promise to simply offer the strongest and safest product possible to protect you and your family. We invite you to check out others, then vi..
- Business Description:low-bid home repairs offers all types of interior and exterior home improvements at affordable prices. i myself have been in the construction business for over 25 years and have had the opportunity to work in several different areas of the country. we are registered state and federal tax id # 80-0666389 we give a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a 3 year warranty on all labor, call for your free estimate 606-528-3770ask for stev
- Business Description:NVR, Inc. operates in two business segments: homebuilding and mortgage banking. The homebuilding unit sells and constructs homes under the Ryan Homes, NVHomes, Fox Ridge Homes and Heartland Homes. As a corporate entity, NVR, Inc. provides various support functions for each of its sub-entities. These include sales and marketing support, vital human resource specialists, and an advanced information technology department, which provide a network of resources utilized by NVR, Inc. holdingsRecent Review:The customer service is poor, and they lack follow through. Our garage door does not work properly and sounds like it's going to fall. In every inch of the sod, the grass is dead. I wish we had chosen a different builderChristian R.
- Business Description:20+ years Construction/Master Carpenter experience. 7+ years in one of a kind custom Treehouse's with slides, rock walls, ziplines, bucket pulls, trap doors, etc. Custom Sheds and furniture. Custom wood tables to custom porch swings. We accept all major credit cards and Pay-Pal. $200 Consultation fee (goes towards project)
Explore our Solution Center for helpful home builder articles
It’s exciting to start planning your new dream home, but first you need to find the right professional to manage your project. Discover who to hire to build a house.
A-frame homes have many benefits, but there are drawbacks to keep in mind if you decide to build one. Find out everything you need to know about A-frame houses.
Find home builders in
home builders in Smithland
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- 1treehouse3204 Twinberry Cv
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc60 Elm Hill Ave. Suite 1
- Environmental Testing & Research Laboratories, Inc
- Hayes Construction Roofing And Remodeling LLC534 Tom Hill Rd
- Hayes Construction Roofing And Remodeling LLC
- Jacob's Ladder Construction & Remodeling6675 New Hope Rd
- Jacob's Ladder Construction & Remodeling
- Kodiak Steel Homes1015 W 2nd St
Little Rock, Arkansas
- Kodiak Steel Homes
- Low-Bid Home Alterations & Repairs198 Dantley Dr
- Low-Bid Home Alterations & Repairs
- Mitchell Construction LLC342 Calvert Dr
- Mitchell Construction LLC
- NVR Inc11700 Plaza America Dr 500
- NVR Inc