We could all use some relaxation, but we don’t always have the budget. This guide will show you how much an in-ground hot tub costs—no matter the build.
Get matched with top swimming pool companies in Wichita, KS
There are 2 highly-rated local swimming pool companies.
Matching on Angi
Recent Pool Installers Reviews in Wichita
- LUXURY CUSTOM POOLS AND RENOVATIONSI had gotten a quote from Wholesale Pool & Spas and I may use them. I got the quote in February. The quote was $46,000. I thought he was good, I believe ultimately it will be somebody I use. He came out when I asked him to quickly.
- Thurman PoolsAs last year, we had trouble getting ahold of Thurman. When we did, he told us everything we were to do to prepare for his crew to close the pool on the scheduled day. We did our part, then they did not show up as scheduled. We tried to contact him for two days, leaving repeated messages for him to call. He did not contact us. Very unprofessional. We are going to find an alternative or do it all ourselves
- Edwards pool constructionI am writing this to inform other potential customers of Edwards Pool Construction that they should think seriously before engaging them to help with your pool maintenance. I chose them from all the pictures of the ?BIG? pool projects they have on their website which made them look like a very professional company. I cannot attest to how they are if you are having them build you a lavish pool setup but for regular pools they are seriously lacking. Maybe they don?t feel obligated to give great and honest service if you?re spending under 10,000.00 or maybe they expensive work is lacking as well. I leave that others to share. My relationship with Edwards Pool Construction started when I answered an ad on craigslist for a pool heater. For (1,500.00) I purchased a ?new? heater with full warranty I was told. It had been installed but the previous owner was unable to use it as he did not pay what he owed I was told so Edwards removed it and sold it again. At that time I also had them open the pool. Once the heater was installed they informed me I needed a new liner and pool light. I trusted them and they replaced them both (3,500.00) there was an issue with a big crease from when they initially installed the liner. The 1st day I noticed it and called them about it. They said the pool would need to be re-drained, the crease adjusted and the pool filled up a second time. That gets expensive. They said they could fix it when they closed the pool after the season, assuring me that the crease would not be a problem. At that time they also replaced several covers on the electrical pool equipment. It rained shortly thereafter and when I investigated I found that one of the covers had not been fully secured. I took a picture and sent it to them and was promptly argued with that ?nope, not their fault, it was already like that?. Funny thing is I have lived here for 4 years and until I had them replace the electrical outlet covers I never once had any issues and it has rained many times and quite heavily at that. I hired someone else to replace the covers properly and left it at that. That was at the beginning of April 2016. In July I began having trouble with my pool cover closing, it was only 3 years old so I paid them to come out and fix it. They did so, charged me and left. At that time I pointed out that the liner had begun to come away from the wall. I had them fix that too. In August it was doing the same thing again. They informed me all of a sudden that now it needed to be completely replaced. Again, I trusted them, saved up the money and paid to have the cover replaced in early October. (2,986.47) Well guess what immediately started happening? You guessed it, the new cover had the same issues as the old cover. They came out again to ?troubleshoot the issues? and their answer? It?s my concretes fault. The deck is all of a sudden ?off?. I had trouble swallowing this answer but agreed to schedule an appointment for them to come out and get an estimate to ?fix? the concrete. They made the appointment but never showed up and never even called. I have called the owner multiple times at his contact number which is still the number on the web. I have texted him every single day for 9 days and he refuses to respond. No I am stuck with a new cover doing exactly what the old cover was doing. Not a peep from Edwards Pool Construction. My question is simple. If it is the concrete that is causing the cover problems, how did that all of a sudden change in a week? I would be of the inclination that the concrete did not suddenly change in a week. Either they were wrong the first time about needing a new cover and should have fixed the concrete then or they were right about the cover but sold me a defective cover or installed it incorrectly. Either way they refuse to even communicate with me about this. I have no choice left but to file in small claims court to make them either fix it or giver me my money back. Not exactly how I wanted to spend my holiday season. I wasted 9,000.00 and still have an unreliable pool. Thanks for nothing Edwards Pool Construction
- Thurman PoolsWe went through all the details with them about where we wanted the pool, the pool equipment and other details. The first days were fine and then it started going down hill. The workers would show up whenever. We had no idea from one day to the next if we would see anyone. The company does not communicate with you at all and getting information is like pulling teeth. When we did try to talk and ask questions we were treated like we were idiots by the owner of the company. We were told the job would take about a month to complete. The initial contact with them was a proposal on 7-21-2011. The contract was signed on 8-20-2011. The first payment was given when the pool was dug and it was on 9-1-2011. Final payment was given on 11-1-2011. We closed the pool as soon as it was filled and did not even get to use it. If there was a shortcut or less work they would take it. We wanted the pool filter and equipment to be on the back patio in the corner as we planned on placing a deck on the back of our home. The pool equipment was placed where they did not have to remove any concrete and in the way of where our deck was going to go. This was done while we were not home and had been discussed prior to placement. When we complained about this all we got was " Well don't know what to tell you". Should have pushed the issue but didn't. The first season in 2012 was HORRIBLE!!! a lot of tears were shed as the pool was hard to take care of. There was something coming in the pool from the jets. It was a white flaky substance. No one could tell us what it was or how to get rid of it. Thoughts were that it might be calcium because the calcium level in the pool was 1000. Many, many chemicals were bought with no help at all. I hand vacuumed every day although we had an automatic pool cleaner that we had purchased from Thurman when the pool was built. The pool cleaner did not work right and had to be replaced. I was sent down to Blue Water to take care of this myself, Thurman never came to look at it or bring me a new one. He just told me to load it up and take it to Blue Water. We had the problem with the filter from day one. We asked Thurman about it when he came to pick up the final payment and he wrote on our contract, "Note: Fix filter in Spring of 2012 or replace and plumb". This never happened and He would not return any of our phone calls. We were asked by many people if we had filled with well water. We had as we were not told by Thurman otherwise. We have well and city water and could have used city which would have saved some problems and hundreds of dollars on chemicals. Pool was closed down by a man a friend of mine recommended. When he pulled the plug on the filter to drain it a lot of sand come out. Enough to fill a 5 gallon bucket. The man said this was not right and only eater should have some out. He said he thought maybe the laterals inside the filter were broke. Called Thurman again and Thurman said the man that drained the filter unscrewed the large plug instead of the small plug on the top of the large one. He said the large one was for draining the sand and the small was for draining water. We took him at his word. End of this season:( Pool opening in 2013. Called a company to come open the pool. They showed up and when I went to uncover the automatic cover all the electricity would stop to the pool. The pool guy left and I called the electrician who did the wiring for the pool when it was built. He came right over. While checking the equipment the breaker would flip and then not work at all. He went to the automatic pool cover motor and what he came up with was very scary. When the motor for the cover was placed there was to much wiring underneath and the bundle of wires got caught and cut almost in half. Had the equipment not been working correctly and blowing the breaker we could have been electrocuted. When the electrician fixed the wiring he brought to me the cut wiring which he said had looked already cut in another area and some sort of a substance was placed around it in an attempt to fix it and reuse it. Not sure what all this meant but oh well another problem fixed! Pool opened and from day one pure h*** again!!! The water would not clear it was so cloudy you could not even see the bottom. Tried taking water samples to different placed and adding MANY chemicals. Water would still not clear up. Pretty sure it was the filter I called Thurman. He told me he did not know what to tell me and said he would not be able to get to it as he was way to busy. I reminded him of the comment he wrote on our contract about fixing the filter in 2012. He still would not help. I told my husband what he had said and my husband called him. Thurman listened to him and then said he would have to call him back. Thurman NEVER called and avoided our phone calls for almost a week. I got the paperwork for the filter which said it was a Hayward 26" filter and called Hayward. I was sent through the troubleshooting dept. and the man said it sounded as if there were laterals in the filter broke or it had been filled with the wrong sand. He advised me to call a Hayward warranty repair person, which happened to be Ultra Modern Pool and Patio. A serviceman came out and looked at the filter. He stated the multi-port valve was fine so it had to be the laterals on the inside. He said he would get the parts ordered and we could go from there. The man at Hayward (Derek) was very nice and apologized for the problems with the filter he stated he would cover it under warranty with no problems. The part was ordered and took a over a month to come in and then another week for them to come out and put it in. When the filter was opened up there was hardly any sand in it. The main laterals and the part that was ordered was fine but was replaced with the new one anyway. The lateral that was going to drain the filter did have a big hole in it and that was the reason all the sand kept coming out of the filter when draining it. This would take another 2-3 weeks to get someone back out there so we opted not to fix it at this time and use a small kitchen strainer when draining the filter. We are already into late July and had not been in our pool at all! In the meantime with all this, we had bugged Thurman enough to come out an take a look. He said it was not our filter and said he would pay to have one of the pool companies he is good friends with to come out and look at it. The man came out and said the same thing about the plug on the filter a
Last update on November 15, 2016
Swimming Pool Companies in Wichita
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful Swimming Pool Company articles
Spools are taking the backyard by storm, as they offer affordable luxury, recreation, and entertainment. Learn about the average spool cost, which is a fraction of a standard pool, and what kind of cocktail pool costs you can get on your budget.
Solar pool heaters warm your pool in cool weather without the hefty operational costs and energy bills that come with a traditional pool heater—that's worth a cannonball.
Find swimming pool companies in
- Oaklawn Sunview,
- Park City,
- Bel Aire,
- Valley Center,
- Rose Hill,
- Garden Plain,
- Belle Plaine,
swimming pool companies in Wichita
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Platinum Pools Inc.PO Box 783212
Wichita, Kansas 67278
- Platinum Pools Inc.
- American Tubs17940 Ajax Cir
City Of Industry, California 91748
- American Tubs
- MidWest Pools 5861 S Garnett Rd
Tulsa, Oklahoma 74146
- MidWest Pools