Standard Plumbing Heating and Air

Manhattan Code Department
12/31/2018

609 Pecan Cir

Manhattan, KS 66502

Standard Plumbing uses a Flat-rate price system and all repair work is priced up-front so you know exactly what you will be charged before any repair begins. Standard Plumbing offers 24 Hour Emergency Service! Military & Senior discounts available! Family owned & operated. Additional contact names - John Shortsleeves and Clark Flynn...

4.1

plumbers (39)HVAC Companies (29)water heaters (12)drain cleaning (6)well & water pump repair (3)dryer vent cleaning (1)home remodeling (1)water damage restoration (1)

07/20/2020

Jeff M.

The estimate was great and I would likely use him in the future.

Description of Work
We want to turn a half bath into a full bath with a stand up shower only. This will require some plumbing changes and wall changes to fit shower into space.

Work Completed On 07/20/2020

05/01/2017

Gerad M.

well, although he had to return to correct one thing, which he did right away.

Description of Work
basic plumbing, toilet repairs.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

02/22/2017

Donna B.

Discovered when opened heat pump the reason thermostat was not functioning properly: had only one of three elements functioning, another disconnected and wires burned through on the other. When Dalton moved connection up to the second element and connected it, it worked better but the noise made told him there was also a relay malfunctioning. Given the age of the unit and the lack of availability of parts of this unit which was probably close to 30 years old, we opted to replace unit. Dalton thoroughly explained malfunction of my unit and my choices in terms of replacement, we opted for the top of the line replacement and Dalton worked to get me best available price. Unit came in quickly and arrangements were made to do replacement, Dalton and his coworker James were prompt and worked hard to fit new unit to existing ductwork and then program thermostat all in one day. Very professional, very hard workers and very good job. They then took old unit for disposal and returned with materials to properly seal the connection with ductwork to insure there would be no leakage or issues. I am extremely pleased with job performed and with especially Dalton, who served as my link with the company. Yes, I would hire again and yes, I would recommend to others. Job well done!

Description of Work
I had a malfunction with a dated heat pump. Hoped that the problem was linked to thermostat which I knew was not functioning properly.

Work Completed On 02/22/2017

Review for Standard Plumbing Heating and Air - 609 Pecan Cir, Manhattan, KS - 34510762

11/30/2016

Donna B.

Repairman identified problem, quoted price, fixed both in timely fashion and was on his way.

Description of Work
Water heater and furnace both would not come on. Pilots working but units would not fire

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, water heater repair

Work Completed On 11/28/2016

11/21/2016

Fred D.

The sewage pipes was a bit difficult and look longer than expected, but that was due to weather and needing to hire someone to dig up the yard to get to the pipe. Once finished, the sewer works fine and we have had no more backups since. The HVAC replacement went very well. The hardware was out and installed in just a couple days. The door/wall movement was done well and professionally. The only reason I rated this a B is cost. The actual service and work done was great! We were very much due for service, so we went with Standard Plumbing because we trust their expertise.

Description of Work
We have worked with Standard Plumbing for multiple projects. The most recent are: 1) Replace clogged sewage pipes - roots in the old clay pipes. Replaced with new pipes less susceptible to roots. 2) Replace HVAC system with a new one. This included having a wall in a bedroom sealed and moved to the hallway as well as disconnecting/removing the old AC/Heater and installing the new one.

Work Completed On 10/12/2016

10/17/2016

Gina L.

Very well. Matt called to see if I was going to be home or if he should just go in (he's done other work on my home). He went in while I was at work and had it all taken care of before I got home. He left the bathroom tidy.

Description of Work
Toilet augered out.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/29/2016

08/28/2015

Stan W.

My water heater went out. I called several plumbing companies and got similar quotes but Standard was the only one to carry a quality national brand (Rheem). They offered next day service, arrived when they said they would and we agreed on a price. Jay and his assistant put down drop cloths to protect our floors and worked quietly and efficiently. They didn't just install the new water heater, but replaced all of the existing 30 year old plumbing, installed new shut off valves and replaced the outdated vent duct at no additional cost. When finished, Jay explained the current temperature setting and showed me how to adjust the temperature to our preference. When it came time to pay I gave Jay a $75 Angie's list coupon. He said he had never seen one before but accepted it without question. They cleaned up and took the old water heater with them for disposal. Best, most efficient, ethical plumbing company I have ever used in Manhattan. Standard will certainly be my first choice for any future needs.

Description of Work
Installed new water heater

Category plumbing, water damage restoration, water heater repair

Work Completed On 08/27/2015

08/19/2015

Stephen C.

Tech showed up approx an hour after I called in for service, explained what was wrong. Seemed very knowledgeable. Worked through lunch to get the unit fixed. Did a great job.

Description of Work
Fixed a refrigerant leak on my AC unit. Refilled refrigerant level.

Work Completed On 08/17/2015

07/08/2015

John R.

Very well. I submitted request evening before, Standard Plumbing called next morning to set up appointment. The technician came as expected later that morning and was done in an hour. Our air conditioner had performed fine since. Previously the system was running a bit warm and had tripped the breakers.

Description of Work
Replaced capacitor, cleaned, and performed maintenance checkup on air conditioner.

Work Completed On 07/06/2015

06/06/2015

lee W.

We initially called because our water heater stopped working. The technician responded within 4 hours and troubleshot the heater and informed us of the root cause of the heater malfunction. Based on the age and availability of the repair parts, the technician provided valuable input that led me to make an informed decision on replacing the water heater. From the initial service call to replacing the water heater took approximately 22 hours. We are very pleased with the services that Standard Plumbing provides. We have used their services to repair the furnace and conduct annual services on the AC system.

Description of Work
Replaced Water Heater.

Work Completed On 06/04/2015

03/10/2015

William A.

I am not one to post negative reviews just for the heck of it. I am a retired officer from the military and I do believe in integrity. So here's my story. I had had a run in with one of the plumbers of Standard Plumbing and had made the decision not to deal with the anymore. However, my water heater died on me and they gave me the best quote, so I swallowed my pride and agreed to the service. The technicians were very professional and I have nothing negative to say about them. It's the management the issue. You see, when the mechanics tried to siphon the old water heater into the sump pump, they discovered the motor of the sump pump was not working. The key here is that less than three years ago, the same company (Standard Plumbing) replaced that sump pump with what appears to be a low quality product. Sump pumps on average will last 7-10 years. Mine was dead after 2 1/2 years. I called the manager and he wasn't in so I spoke to the assistant. He spoke to me in a very disrespectful manner and dismissed me by telling me that the pumps only have a two year warranty. I told him it was ok, and that I just wanted to speak to the manager. He snapped at me again and said, "John is going to tell you the same thing." Well, folks, here I am spending almost $1000,00 dollars when we all know that installing a water heater costs less than $700.0 and all I was looking for was some sympathy and maybe a discount from them to fix the sump pump. Nope, No can do. They dismissed me and the manager didn't even bother to call me back. So, the manager gets a big F for Failure to provide good customer service and for not caring about who he services. If you want to do business with them; fine. But beware, they'll pull the carpet from under you and refuse to be accountable for the wok they perform. I hope this feedback will help future customers. Customer service to me is very important, and Standard Plumbing has NONE. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THEIR MONEY. UPDATE: Wow! I am impressed that the manager bothered to write a response. He can say anything, but the facts stand out clearly. They lack integrity and they are only concerned about the profit line. If they had had any concern for me, they would have at least offered me a discount to install the new sump pump. NOPE. NOTHING. So how can the manager dare to challenge my review? I don't have a clue. Bottom line: Standard Plumbing is in fact the largest plumbing company in Manhattan and they do have very professional plumbers. Their problem is the owner/manager. He runs the ship with only one concern: profit. There is no sympathy nor empathy to be found here. It's all about the dollar.

Description of Work
Install a water heater

Category plumbing, water heater repair, wells

Work Completed On 03/09/2015

[Member name removed] I'm glad you took the time to post your thoughts about my organization. The sump pump in question was installed by my company April 19, 2012. The pump was not an inexpensive product, or cheap brand. We make every effort to use the best quality products available to us, as the last thing I ever want is an unhappy client! The original manufacturers warranty was good for one year from the date of purchase. We extend the warranty of the part in house for two years. I can't think of another company that is willing to do an in house warranty extension however, we do as we feel the need to stand behind our products. Yes, I was unavailable to speak with you when you called in to talk to me. I was not noted that I was to return your call by my staff members. This review is the first time I'm seeing there's an issue here. My field technician's who were at the house did call in to verify the installation date of the sump-pump and they were given the correct information. Just to make mention, the plumber who you had a "run in with" in the past no longer is employed by my company. I personally take offense to anyone who questions the integrity of my organization so, I'm sincerely disappointed in my staff that you felt so strongly that you needed to post a negative review of my company here. I sincerely apologize that we've made you experience less than pleasant.

11/29/2014

Lance M.

He was timely and he was courteous. I guess he did what he needed to do. Their price was in-line with other companies. I would probably use them again.

Description of Work
It was for furnace inspection and periodic maintenance.

Work Completed On 11/04/2014

06/10/2014

Gerad M.

Very well. Professional, thorough. Did a good job.

Description of Work
Installed a new faucet, soap pump, and spray hose in the kitchen sink.

Category plumbing, wells

Work Completed On 05/15/2014

05/07/2014

Scott B.

We always have good experience with them. They've always been good.

Description of Work
I used the water heaters service of Standard Plumbing Heating and Air. They come out twice a year to do a service check on our heat pump.

Work Completed On 11/13/2013

04/29/2014

Trevor W.

They were friendly. They took care of the issue.

Description of Work
They came out and inspected our a/c unit which was making a weird noise.

Work Completed On 10/15/2013

03/28/2014

Deb C.

These guys are great. Very responsive, on time, professional. The cost seems a bit pricey to me but such is life. They are not particularly out of line with what others in town charge. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Standard has always taken care of my plumbing needs. The last thing they did for me was taking out an old toilet and replacing it with a new one as well as putting in new fixtures in my downstairs bathroom. They have done multiple jobs for me over the years including installing a new heating and air conditioning system , replacing garbage disposer, new faucet in the kitchen, etc.

Work Completed On 12/01/2013

03/25/2014

Renata G.

It took just a few hours to get all the work done. Everyone is professional and I plan on using them again.

Description of Work
One of our circuit breakers would break about once a day. We had too many items plugged into the one circuit so we decided to have another one put in and we don't have the problem anymore.

Work Completed On 02/05/2014

02/17/2014

Jack X.

The technician came three times, but the problem was not fixed correctly.

Description of Work
leaky waterlines

Work Completed On 08/01/2013

02/11/2014

EMILY S.

The pilot light was not staying lot on my hot water tank. The serviceman was on time, pleasant and very professional. He determined what the problem was quickly, needed a specific part and immediately went to purchase it, and had the problem fixed very quickly. The part actually accounted for most of the cost, so I think the amount I paid was very reasonable. I was very happy with them.

Description of Work
Hot water tank pilot light was not staying lit.

Work Completed On 12/03/2013

01/20/2014

Donna B.

Extremely pleasant and courteous, I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Came to work on furnace which would not engage. Found problem, showed us what had caused problem, made sure worked properly before leaving site.

Work Completed On 01/09/2014

10/15/2013

Fredrick N.

TESTIMONIAL COMPANY REVIEW FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11, 2013 LET ME SET THE STAGE OF EVENTS AS THEY HAPPENED. I AM AN OWNER OF A JUNCTION CITY, KANSAS HOME RENTAL PROPERTY OVER 1500 MILES FROM WHERE I LIVE. I DO NOT HAVE ANY PRIOR CONNECTIONS WITH ANY COMPANIES IN THAT AREA AND HAVE HAD TERRIBLE LUCK OVER THE YEARS FINDING A COMPANY THAT I TRULY TRUST WITH PRICES AND CUSTOMER JOB SATISFACTION UNTIL JUST NOW?LET ME EXPLAIN. MY TENANTS BEGAN SMELLING GAS IN THE BASEMENT OF MY HOME RENTAL AND CONTACTED KANSAS GAS WHO IMMEDIATELY CAME OVER, FOUND THE PROBLEMS AND SHUT THE GAS OFF IN THOSE LOCATIONS. MY TENANTS CONTACTED ME AND I SPOKE WITH THE KANSAS GAS REPRESENTATIVE WHILE HE WAS ON SITE AND GOT A FULL APPRAISAL OF THE SITUATION. WITH ME BEING SO FAR AWAY AND MY HORRIBLE LUCK IN THE PAST WITH COMPANIES IN THAT AREA, I DECIDED TO GIVE ANGIE?S LIST A TRY. I DID MY RESEARCH AND BLINDLY CHOOSE A MANHATTAN, KANSAS COMPANY CALLED STANDARD PLUMBING, HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING (785) 776-5012. I CALLED THE COMPANY AND ASKED IF THEY EVEN SERVICED THE JUNCTION CITY AREA AND THEY DID, SO I EXPLAINED MY SITUATION AND REQUESTED AN ESTIMATE OF ALL OF THE WORK I WANTED DONE INCLUDING RELOCATING A NEW TANKLESS WATER HEATER, A NEW HIGH EFFICIENCY FURNACE AND A NEW HIGH EFFICIENCY CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM FROM WHERE THE OLD UNITS WERE ORIGINALLY INSTALLED. WITHIN TWO HOURS OF ME CONTACTING STANDARD PLUMBING, HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING, BECAUSE I WANTED MORE THAN JUST A SIMPLE CHANGEOUT, THE PRESIDENT OF THE COMPANY, MR JOHN SHORTSLEEVES, PERSONALLY ARRIVED AT THE LOCATION. HE LOOKED AT ALL OF THE EQUIPMENT CHANGES AND EQUIPMENT RELOCATIONS THAT I WANTED TO ACCOMPLISHED AND SUBMITTED FIVE DIFFERENT WAYS OF ACCOMPLISHING MY GOAL WITH FAIR PRICES AND A TIMELINE FOR EACH GOAL. LET ME PREFIX THE FOLLOWING BY SAYING THAT THIS COMPANY IS A PLATINUM 5-STAR COMPANY IN MY OPINION WITH MY RELATIONSHIP WITH THEM. THEY COMMUNICATED WITH ME WHENEVER THERE WAS A QUESTION TO BE RESOLVED TO MY LIKING AND THEY DID EVERYTHING WITH THE UTMOST PROFESSIONALISM THAT ANYONE COULD EVER EXPECT. THEY STARTED AND FINISHED THE JOB EXACTLY AS AGREED FOR THE FAIR PRICE THAT WAS AGREED UPON BEFORE THE JOB STARTED AND THEY DID IT ALL WITH QUALITY PRODUCTS AND PROFESSIONAL INSTALLERS. NO CUTTING CORNERS, NO BAIT & SWITCH TRANSACTIONS, NO RAISING PRICES, NO SUB-PAR PARTS, BUT QUALITY EQUIPMENT, CUSTOM MADE DUCTWORK AND PIPING TO ALL LOCATIONS REQUESTED. I KNEW NOTHING ABOUT THIS COMPANY BEFORE THIS JOB, BUT I WILL BE HIRING THEM AGAIN FOR SEVERAL REMODELING PROJECTS DOWN THE ROAD. MY TENANTS ARE SO HAPPY THAT THEY EMAILED ME OVER TWO DOZEN PICTURES OF THE WORK IN PROGRESS AND THE FINAL PRODUCT. I AM SO HAPPY THAT I HAVE FINALLY FOUND A QUALITY COMPANY WITH MEN WHO DO PROFESSIONAL WORK AT A FAIR PRICE IN THE MANHATTAN AND JUNCTION CITY, KANSAS AREAS. YOU WILL NOT GO WRONG, IF YOU GO WITH THIS COMPANY, BECAUSE THEY TAKE GENIUNE PRIDE IN DOING A QUALITY JOB. CUSTOMER SATISFACTION IS VERY IMPORTANT TO THEM AND I AM EXTREMELY SATISFIED WITH STANDARD PLUMBING, HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING LOCATED IN MANHATTAN, KANSAS (785) 776-5012. GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PROJECTS!

Description of Work
1) Removed old, relocated and installed new high efficiency Tankless Navien NPE-210A Water Heater with new external recirculating lines to the far side of the house and all other required piping to new location 2) Removed old, relocated and installed new high efficiency American Standard 80,000 BTU Gold ZM Furnace and all new ductwork to new location 3) Removed old, relocated and installed new high efficiency American Standard 16 SEER 2.5 Ton Platinum ZM Central Air Conditioner and all new piping to new location

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

Work Completed On 10/11/2013

09/15/2013

Richard F.

The service was fine. The $160.00 charge was for both Heater and AC inspections, which does not seem unreasonable thus far.

Description of Work
Start of the season AC system check.

Work Completed On 06/17/2013