Ancient Construction

4.4

Founded 2010 • With Angi since March 2012

10415 Penny Ct S

Frankfort, IL 60423

At Ancient Construction we offer a wide range of contractual services. We serve both residential and commercial clients in the fields of masonry, concrete, asphalt / pavers, repairs, tuckpointing, and home remodeling. We specialize in all aspects of Masonry from new construction projects to full restorations of brick, stone, glass block, block, and cultured stone. Our repair and tuckpointing services are top in our industry. From building restoration to chimney repair, we will provide you with professional quality service at a fair price. Our tradesmen have over two decades of experience, and we will get the job done right the first time at a reasonable price. Our concrete services include but are not limited to: concrete stamping, staining, foundations, flooring, mud jacking, concrete repair and sealing. We take great pride in our decorate concrete stamping & staining, our customers love how it beautifies their homes / patios. Our asphalt and paving division provides quality professional services from tear down and repairs, to laying new asphalt for your driveway or commercial lot. We can accomplish reconstruction and/or new construction/development on any paved driveway, sidewalk, patio, or recreation area as well. Our home remodeling division handles anything from complete new construction, to remodeling and rehabs. Weather your project is a bathroom remodel, kitchen, basement, deck, new siding , a new or rehabbed roof, or a complete addition on to your home, we will help you to achieve your goals in beautifying your home or business. ...

4.4

4.3

4.3

masonry (7)insulation (2)handyman (2)drywall (2)concrete repair (2)basement remodeling (1)foundation repair (1)mudjacking (1)driveway pavers (1)door installation (1)interior painting (1)chimney repair (1)

10/29/2020

It went well. Mike the owner was very knowledgeable and very experience. He was able to point out and explained to me how the issue can impact in my house.

Description of Work
They fixed the crack in my foundation and did a waterproofing in my basement.

Category basement waterproofing,foundation repair

Work Completed On 10/29/2020

10/19/2020

The project, conducted in December 2018, went fine, although not at all good about containing or cleaning up any messes, and some of the finishes were a bit sloppy (grout left on tiles, door lock doesn't line up properly). Upon completion, he was paid in full. However, three months after it was complete and paid in full, I received notice of a lien on my property for $2,150 in drywall contractor c...

Description of Work
Expand laundry room

Category drywall,insulation,remodeling,interior painters

Work Completed On 12/21/2018

06/12/2018

In February 2017, Mike finished the work on our basement. He was also supposed to do the front porch. He took out the old one in March of 2017. He revived a check for the full amount on 3-18-17. He said that he would come back and frame and pour the porch as soon as the weather got warm enough. It’s now one year and three months later and he still hasn’t done the work. I have called him between 50...

Description of Work
Mike did some work on our house as part of an insurance claim. He did the basement and was supposed to do the front porch.

Category ceramic tile,drywall,handyman service,masonry,remodeling,doors,basement remodeling

What this homeowner failed to mention was the complete story. First and foremost there was an insurance flood in which the insurance only covered a few thousand dollars and the homeowner paid a plumber who did the piping incorrectly and not to code. Now I walked in and was hired to fix and general contract . I renegotiated with the insurance and helped the homeowner get all damages covered. I paid...

05/04/2018

Recommended by US Waterproofing. We had water in our family room after storms. Determined it came from behind brick from chimney. He tuck pointed, put on new chimney cap, caulk, repair flashing & shingles. Repaired cement chimney base. Saw other cracks and took care of those. Spent nearly 10 hours here. Quite knowledgeable.

Description of Work
Major work on chimney, tuckpointing + other mason work

Category masonry,chimney caps,chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/01/2018

04/30/2018

Mike was very responsive and charged a fair price. The work turned out excellent and Mike has gone above and beyond following up with us to make sure the work was done to our satisfaction. We will definitely work with him again in the future!

Description of Work
Stone/masonry installation for a fireplace

Category masonry

Work Completed On 04/30/2018

04/12/2018

Excellent job. He sealed up a basement leak that stemmed from the windows and the front door upstairs. That job had worried me to death because I had had another contractor who charges 3-4 times more than the job is worth. Imagine how I felt when he came the same day, on-time, ready to work (not ready with a clipboard for writing, to blow up an estimate and return another day) Affordable quality w...

Description of Work
Sealed potential basement leaks which involved the front portion of the house

Category handyman service,insulation,masonry,mudjacking

Work Completed On 04/12/2018

06/21/2017

great, pleasantly surprised to come home to find the work completed.

Description of Work
pad of concrete replaced.

Category concrete repair,masonry

Work Completed On 06/01/2017

05/13/2017

Mike and his son talked to my husband about the condition of the stone wall and what needed to be done. Mile is very knowledgeable and took time to explain what he would be doing before he began. Mike made the repairs, remortored, and caulked. The wall looks great. He and his son cleaned up before they left.

Description of Work
Repaired a stone surface and wall that is on two sides of our home. Over time there were cracks in the mortor with one section of a pillar that if left unattended would have fallen off.

Category masonry

Work Completed On 05/12/2017

09/26/2016

Work was never done as he never followed up with the estimate. I followed up via email, phone and text and after almost two weeks I still don't have the estimate. I did reach him on the phone, he apologized but still no estimate.

Description of Work
Asphalt driveway and concrete sidewalk installation

Category concrete repair,driveway pavers

Work Completed On 09/26/2016

I inspected the job and gave the homeowner many options. She appeared to be wasting time pricematching informing me she has many contractors coming out. The woman appeared to be unsure and this job was not worth estimating and spending any more time due to me involving another tradesman . I gave a verbal estimate. Seriously how can someone give a bad review on not giving a written estimate ? No wo...

08/11/2015

It went very well. This is one recommendation for the 4 jobs that I hired Ancient Construction to perform. Mike is very competent and helpful. His advice is excellent, as is his work product. Mike's work is cost competitive and will find ways to save you money. Clearly I would rehire Ancient Construction as I have done four times now, all for different jobs.

Description of Work
Replaced the chimney cap with concrete as it should have been for this 16 yr. old house. Replaced brick mortar around garage. Replaced back-door concrete step and sealed the joints in another door step. Replaced and tapped ceiling drywall and the insulation above it.

Work Completed On 07/24/2015

Masonry ( All types,repairs, BBQs,Fireplaces , Chimneys, tuckpointing,New const) brick,block,stone,cultured stone Concrete ( repairs, new, staining, epoxy coatings, stamped , raising, commercial) Roofing ( new, repairs, sealing) Plumbing ( new, repairs, appliances, custom) Carpentry ( new, repairs, additions, custom, trimwork) Drywall ( repairs and new const) Painting ( all types and designs) Flooring ( hard wood , tile, inlays) Install windows and doors Electrical

I do not offer lawn cutting , snow removal, excavating(although i do know some good ones), water and sewer, water softner, demolishing buildings, And i do not do exterior Chicago skyscrapers or highrises.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, PayPal