Adding a new asphalt driveway to your home can boost its overall appearance and give homeowners a nice ROI down the line. But how long do asphalt driveways last, and what can you do to maximize their lifespans? Read this guide to find out.
Get matched with top driveway paving contractors in Pella, IA
There are 1 highly-rated local driveway paving contractors.
Matching on Angi
Recent Driveway Pavers Reviews in Pella
- Pearce PavingThe gentleman told us exactly what they were going to do. They took care of everthing. They were wonderful, The service was excellent.
- SPECK USAvery punctual and thorough. crew was sophisticated - knew what to do and how. figured out drainage, roots from trees, all the details. did the job in two days... very prompt
- GRIMES ASPHALT & PAVING CORPThese guys are outstanding. There were no problems at all and they were very helpful every step of the way. I was impressed with the quality. They were on time, friendly, and very professional.
- G& H ASPHALTThe project went very well. The crew of 5 men arrived shortly after 8am. After reviewing the job to be sure there were no surprises on either side, they got to work. They tore out the section of the north side of the drive, which was 6" higher than the south side. The concrete was up to 8" thick. That was quickly removed and hauled away. This area was prepared for the asphalt, as was the remaining driveway. It was obvious from watching them that they were all experienced in their jobs and they worked very well together. Once the surfaces were prepared for the asphalt, it was brought in and poured. The crew spread the hot asphalt. A machine was brought in to level the asphalt. They were working right next to the side of the house, which had been freshly painted just a few weeks before the driveway was done. They were extremely careful not to allow the hot asphalt to splash up onto the side of the house, while ensuring that the asphalt was sealed to the side of the house to prevent water runoff from flowing between the driveway and the house. They put the finishing touches the edges, cleaned the area and finished the job before 4pm that afternoon. It looks wonderful, and is very smooth. They dealt with a tricky drainage situation beside the back deck. It drains perfectly now and had never drained properly before. We had a downpour within 10 hours of the completion of the driveway. The water flowed into the street exactly as it should. We are very happy with the job they did and would hire them again if we needed a similar job done. We highly recommend G & H Asphalt
- G& H ASPHALTIt was kind of a long drive way and is kind of steep so it was critical that they designed it right for water run off. They did. I was very pleased. They did great.
- G& H ASPHALTPrompt response and estimate Called with install date Prompt arrival of crew Did job in 6 hours Cleaned up everything Very happy with results
- Cal Concrete Construction IncThey did a really good job. They did thorough, quality work. They were the low bidder of the two bids that we got.
- G& H ASPHALTI had a driveway which was half old asphalt and half gravel. They overlaid the old asphalt and placed the new asphalt over the gravel. I had a drainage issue as my garage sits downhill from the street. I wanted the driveway to direct the water away from the garage door and around the side where it could drain away. I also had a unique situation that my house is older and the driveway is right up against the house. The previous owner put a concrete wedge up against the house to direct the water away from the foundation. This concrete was broken and I was concerned about keeping the foundation dry. I talked to Mike. He understood all of these drainage issues immediately. As a single woman dealing with my driveway issues, he was very professional and didn't talk down to me. He was great to work with! I also had a piece of sidewalk near the house (not near the street) which had broken from a tree pushing it up. It was only about a 3 foot section of sidewalk and it was immediately adjacent to the driveway and Mike suggested they put some asphalt into that area to fix the sidewalk. When the job was done, they correctly addressed the drainage around the garage, they did a perfect job with the asphalt up against the house and the sidewalk looks great! This driveway has been in place for over 6 months and with this super wet spring I haven't had any water in the garage like I used to before they did the work. The grading they did with the asphalt kept the water out of the garage and protected the foundation of the house. Then on an asphalt driveway quality issue, they made a nice edge on the side of the driveway away from the house. They didn't just let the asphalt spread out and make a ragged edge. They used a rake to make a nice edge. It is quality touches like that which makes them great
- SPECK USASales person did an excellent job with bidding. Service was performed punctually. However after a few weeks it was clear that the asphalt seal coat was not sticking to the surface. Sales person suggested we wait until Spring 2012 to reassess. At that time the seal coat was chipping off, peeling, and was even nonexistent in large areas. Vegetation was growing through the cracks. The sales person was unwilling to provide me with information on how they would correct these problems although right from the start he agreed to redo it at no further cost to me. Over the summer he repeatedly refused to answer my requests for further information, and even ignored letters sent by the attorney I had to use to get the company's attention. Finally, the attorney was able to contact the CEO, who did respond by late summer. The CEO and chief engineer inspected the driveway September 2012 and determined the fault was theirs; they had not properly cleaned the driveway prior to resealing. They have kindly offered to redo the driveway at no cost, and were willing to wait until more ideal conditions next spring. I am hopeful that they will honor their offer. I give this company a "D" simply because of the hassle factor when things went bad. This should not have required an attorney to get their attention. The sales person was an excellent sales person but a horrendous problem solver and thus a horrible representative for their company
- G& H ASPHALTThey didnt do the driveway according to code. The city inspection failed and I had to pay extra 600 dollars to get it fixed (it was mandatory). When called about it G & H told me, they can do nothing about it even though its their fault.
Last update on August 25, 2020
Driveway Pavers in Pella
Related cost guides
Explore our Solution Center for helpful driveway contractor articles
Spend a weekend sealing your driveway to make it look brand new again. Check out this guide for tips on how often and how long it takes to seal a driveway, the cost of applying sealer to a driveway, and the best time of year to take on this project.
If you’re looking at buying a home with a private road on the property, you may need a private road maintenance agreement. Here’s what you need to know.
Find driveway paving contractors in
- New Sharon,
- Melcher Dallas,
- Prairie City,
driveway paving contractors in Pella
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, join Angi now!
- Cal Concrete Construction IncPO Box 21027
Des Moines, Iowa 50321
- Cal Concrete Construction Inc
- Mikes General Contracting3224 SW 12th St
Des Moines, Iowa 50315
- Mikes General Contracting
- Professional Contracting Iowa 767 NE Broadway Ave
Des Moines, Iowa 50313
- Professional Contracting Iowa
- SPECK USAPO BOX 21009
Des Moines, Iowa 50321
- SPECK USA
- Warmzone12637 S 265 W Suite 100
Draper, Utah 84020