Holt Plumbing & Heating Inc

Iowa: Plumbing and Mechanical
06/30/2023

245 Railroad Ave

West Des Moines, IA 50265

We will sanitize the workspace and all areas touched

Super Service Award winning. At Holt Plumbing and Heating Inc, our passion is plumbing, heating, and cooling. We have been family owned & operated and we're here to serve you 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Our success has been your satisfaction! We are a full-service plumbing and HVAC contractor. Whether you're looking to remodel using the latest upgrades, or in need of some energy-efficient equipment or simply need emergency repairs, we can help. Call Holt Plumbing & Heating Inc and speak to a master plumber or licensed technician for free technical advice. We understand you have a busy schedule and need service at all hours of the day. That's why no matter what time you call us - day or night - you will always speak to a live customer service representative ready to assist with all your service needs!...

plumbers (136)HVAC Companies (67)well & water pump repair (7)air duct cleaning (6)water heaters (5)home remodeling (4)appliance repair (4)drain pipe installation (1)water softeners (1)handyman (1)

02/27/2021

They came right out to see what was wrong, diagnosed the problem and found a motor to replace the non-working one. Had to come out the next day and took about half an hour to fix everything the way it should be. We've been customers for many years and we're always very satisfied with the service and customer relations!!

Description of Work
replace a motor in the furnace

Category handyman service,heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 02/27/2021

11/10/2020

The crew explained everything as they revealed the pipes. We discussed how to remediate the issue so that I could have an upgraded beautiful, functional bathroom where the garbage disposal doesn’t BURP UP it’s contents into the bathtub. The crew was considerate and attempted to avoid as much “mess making” as possible. I also had HOLT replace the ancient furnace & air conditioner plus install an on...

Description of Work
Total bathroom remodel and fix a 24-year plumbing issue from improper installation within the walls!

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair,air duct cleaning,home remodeling

Work Completed On 10/06/2020

Review for Holt Plumbing & Heating Inc - 245 Railroad Ave, West Des Moines, IA - 39015129

06/05/2020

Excellant replaced and adjusted float level, Also repalced correded shut off valve

Description of Work
Repair tolit flush problem

Work Completed On 06/05/2020

11/25/2019

Brad did a routine service on my furnace and was very thorough. Checked on more than I expected him too.

Description of Work
Furnace tune up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 11/25/2019

09/26/2019

Very well. Simple fix but diagnosed quickly and fixed just as fast. Part was an upgrade to the broken part, too. Tech explained everything well.

Description of Work
A/C repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 09/07/2019

08/09/2019

We noticed the leak on a Wednesday evening and checked Angie's List which led us to Holt Plumbing and Heating. By noon Thursday, Dave arrived, diagnosed the problem as a failed faucet and was able to stop the leak. We paid $100 for this service call. He gave us a catalog to select a replacement faucet and said if the one we chose was not in stock, it would be within a couple of days. We had three ...

Description of Work
Leak under kitchen sink

Work Completed On 07/25/2019

08/06/2019

It went very well. Joe arrived in when expected, he gave me an estimate on repairing my old toilet or replacing it. I chose to replace. We set up a time for the following day. He was on time and had my new toilet in in no time. He was very professional. Cleaned up after himself. Will request him for any work I need done in the future.

Description of Work
I needed my toilet replaced

Category plumbing,home remodeling

Work Completed On 08/05/2019

12/30/2018

The estimate was very high, ended up paying ~$90 for service call without getting any service.

Description of Work
Needed to change sink shut off valves.

Work Completed On 12/19/2018

11/23/2018

TERRIBLE. Ther did not have cartridge I needed even though it was a common brand Moen. They sai the could replace entire shower ser for over $800 or perhaps get the need cartridge and then charge me $300-$400. I said thanks that's way to much so they just charged me the $100 trip charge and left. RIP OFF. Called an independant jober who fixed it great in 20 mi ites for $170.

Description of Work
Replace shower cartridge

Work Completed On 11/23/2018

10/14/2018

Very well. Quickly. Called on a Wednesday afternoon, made a Thursday morning appointment (8am) and work was completed before 9am. Over $500 to replace a kitchen faucet seems pricey, but what do I know? I'm probably echoing what others have said about Holt. I guess I paid for the quick response and quality work, with no drama. Maybe it was worth it. ;)

Description of Work
Replaced kitchen faucet, fixed leak in pipe under sink.

Work Completed On 10/11/2018

Residential & Commercial Tankless Water Heaters Repair & Replace, Plumbing, Heating & Cooling Repair & Replace, Routine Maintenance, Sump Pumps, Duct Cleaning & Uv Light, Indoor Air Quality, Gas Lines, Backflow Prevention, Faucets, House Humidification, Ventilating, Insulation, Ducts & Mold Removal, Professional Home Repair & Remodeling Services that include Bathroom/Kitchen remodeling, Drywall Repair, Trim Work, and Tiling.

Drain Cleaning, Unclogging