What you’ll pay for furnace repairs depends on many factors, including what parts are malfunctioning, where you live, and even the time of day. Here’s a breakdown of what can go wrong with your furnace and the cost to fix those issues.
Get matched with top HVAC contractors in Chariton, IA
There are 4 highly-rated local hvac contractors.
Recent HVAC Companies Reviews in Chariton
- Baenisch Heating and CoolingThe job went great, the workers were professional and very polite. They knew what they were doing with the job and everything about the job, any question I had they answered quickly and efficiently without hindering their job. We’re very clean and professional looking. Great people would 10/10 recommend to others and call them again for another job read less
- Anthony Plumbing, Heating, Cooling & ElectricThe technician did what we needed, fast and efficiently, and didn’t take up a lot of our time trying to up-sell us.
- C.W. Suter ServicesIt went great! Responded to an emergent need very quickly. Did a fast efficient install and performed the way I wish ALL contractors would. Absolutely highly recomend!!!
- Holt Plumbing & Heating IncThey came right out to see what was wrong, diagnosed the problem and found a motor to replace the non-working one. Had to come out the next day and took about half an hour to fix everything the way it should be. We've been customers for many years and we're always very satisfied with the service and customer relations! read less
- C.W. Suter ServicesOverall great experience. Quick process from estimate to the complete installation. Techs were very knowledgeable. They did an great job installing and even cleaned up ALL of their mess at the end of the job. The sales rep (Vonda) was very friendly, kept me informed and answered my many questions.. Total cost was $6,700. My house is warmer than it has been in years so I am very happy with my new furnace and Suter. I'm sure that I will also be just as happy with the AC read less
- Harris Boyz Heating and Air ConditioningVery knowledgeable and professional. I was very impressed with the time spent in fully explaining my options and the pros and cons of each. They were respectful of my home during the installation, laying down drop cloths and even though it was raining and my furnace is in a dirt crawl space they didn't track in any mud or dirt. I am also confident that should I need service they will be responsive. I highly recommend Harris Boyz for all your HVAC needs and will be personally recommending them to friends and family read less
- 72 Degrees Comfort CompanyThey do a great job and are very reasonable. They are very good in what they do and I would highly recommend them.
- R Mechanical Heating & AirThis group went above and beyond. Very knowledgeable and professional. Friendly and accommodating. Would highly recommend!! During one of their busiest times, we tried our furnace for the first time for the season and it wasn't working. They came the day we called and did everything they could to find the correct part and getting us fixed up as quickly as possible. Great bunch of people read less
- Premier Construction ServicesIn February 2013 we hired Premier Construction to undertake an extensive building project which included an addition to our house that doubled the existing square footage, a remodel of the existing space, and the construction of a detached garage. Also included in the project were a rear deck, a front covered deck, and a patio just off the newly constructed walk-out. Our building project with Adam and Premier Construction was definitely a collaborative effort and the design options Adam presented to us always reflected our wishes and preferences. As the project advanced, there were change orders at our request which Adam took in stride with his characteristic can-do cheerfulness. Adam never sees a problem that can't be fixed or a challenge that can't be met and he possesses a great aesthetic sense as well as an impressive amount of knowledge and experience in the construction business. The end result, which we are now enjoying, is a seamlessly executed addition which has all the features we most desired. The quality of workmanship in the addition surpasses that of the original dwelling, a credit to Adam and the first-rate team of employees and sub-contractors associated with Premier Construction. We have no plans for further improvements...but...if we ever decide to build a party shed, we'll call Adam read less
- Neighbors Heating Cooling Plumbing & GeothermalThe furnace shut down early Christmas morning.Called for a repair on the 26th and had it done by 5:00.
Heating Cooling Contractors in Chariton
- Business Description:Bettendorf Heating was founded in 1965 and is committed to providing you with specialized care. Our technicians are trained and certified to offer top notch service. We "employ" our service technicians and installers, they are not subcontracted. We have gained our customer's trust because of our dedication and dependability year after year read lessRecent Review:Very well. Tech came out early in the morning and determined the system needed replacing (not a big surprise). Within 2 hours the i stalkers were here. Larry was very professional and did an outstanding job.Cathy B.
- Business Description:”Long distance moving from or to the west coast only. No local service outside Portland Oregon, Los Angeles California and Seattle Washington.” Local and Long Distance Moving & Storage. Household, Commercial, Corporate services available. Our Mission is To exceed expectations on every move. We live this day in and day out. We provide actual full time movers, not day labor like other companies. Our service is top notch and fully efficient. Our trucks are perfectly equipped for moving with Pads.. read lessRecent Review:All Service Moving was exceptional. Great customer service - easy to schedule and flexible. Royce & Frost did an AMAZING job moving all of our very heavy and fragile belongings. They handled all of our requests and items with care and worked both efficiently and quickly. They were super friendly and very customer service oriented. I can't thank them enough for the GREAT job they did. I highly recommend All Service Moving for anything moving and/or storage related. And DEFINITELY request Royce & Frost to handle your job. Thank You read lessBrock K.
- Business Description:Since 1999, we've helped millions of people save money and fix their broken appliances quickly by providing quality parts and free repair help. 365 days to return any part. Amazingly fast shipping. It's better with the Pros!™ Avoid costly service calls - visit us at http://www.appliancepartspros.co read lessRecent Review:Worked great. Good price, fast shipping. Fit like a charm.Alan T.
- Business Description:RepairClinic is a retailer and distributor of OEM appliance, HVAC system, and outdoor power equipment parts. RetailClinic does not offer repair services; the company offers free repair resources including more than 5,000 how-to videos to empower DIY-ers and technicians to fix appliances and equipment on their own. RepairClinic.com® makes fixing things easy for millions of people. Founded in 1999, it is North America’s trusted online store with replacement parts for major household applianc.. read lessRecent Review:I have tried every possible way to get someone to help me, but no one has ever returned any calls or emails. I am at a complete loss. but one thing I have learned - Angies list is an absolute farce.Julie A.
- Business Description:Additional address - PO Box 1603, Ames, Iowa 50010.Recent Review:The first tech that came out said he had never worked on a Geo unit before. I pointed out the defective part to him. He contacted a co-worker who had him get a new pump ordered. Was told it would be 4 to 14 days to get the new pump. I looked online to see what kind of price to expect for the new pump, it was $230. New pump took 6 days to arrive. Pump was replaced and the furnace worked fine. The bill came and it was $408 labor for about 4 man hours of work and $610 parts. Parts were the pump and two rubber gaskets. I inquired about the 260% mark up on the pump thinking that seemed like a hefty mark up. Josh checked into it and informed me they had paid over $400 for the pump. Still a hefty mark up and not a very competitive price. I don’t have a problem paying for quality service but this felt like I was being taken advantage of. Perhaps Converse should find another parts supplier. I will be finding another HVAC service read lessJim A.
- Business Description:Appliancezone.com is a leading on-line retailer of appliance parts and accessories for do-it-yourself homeowners. Incorporated in 2008, it was started by CEO, Jim Allen and his wife Paula, who operated an appliance repair business for nearly fourteen years prior to starting the internet company Appliance Zone read lessRecent Review:This is the first online review I've ever written -- my experience with this company was that bad. Three aspects that deserve attention: 1) I placed an order and tried to cancel six minutes later. Turns out they don't accept cancellations. 2) I couldn't find a phone number, so I had to work the return/refund by email. The exchange was painful -- so unhelpful I felt like I was interacting with a bad chatbot. 3) I ended up eating shipping costs (expected) and got hit for a 50% restocking fee (unexpected) because I refused the package instead of paying to ship it back. Didn't matter that it went to the correct address, was clearly labeled, and had prior return authorization. So I ended up with a $21 refund on a $60 order, and a lesson learned about where not to buy appliance parts read lessTyson A.
- Business Description:HVAC SERVICE COMPANY AND COMMERICAL REFRIGERATION AND ICE MACHINESRecent Review:Had an appointment made for 11-3-20 which the technician never showed up for or called me about any issue. Supposedly I had a bill from back in 2016 that I never payed. Asked politely why I was not informed about the cancelation since I had to work and the person I spoke with became rude and hung up on me. Very confused about the whole situation. Time to find someone else read lessAndy W.
- Business Description:Home Warranty prides itself on providing the best value in the home warranty industry, making our Home Protection Plan the home warranty of choice wherever we do business.Recent Review:HVAC professional told this Home Warranty Inc that I had a leak in my A/C coil and would leak again if filled. Home Warranty Inc said that I had to pay for it to be refilled at a cost around $500 at my expense to see if it leaks???? I paid my premiums for over 2 yrs and the 1st time I call them to put in a claim they told me I would have to pay out of my own pocket before they would fix the A/C despite the the HVAC told them it wouldn't fix the problem and the RF 22 old refrigerant would leak into the air which they seemed not to care it is environmentally bad & illegal. Read their fine print in detail the list what they won't cover and what I was told is they repair things not replace them. Plus they have a cap on how much they really will spend to fix A/C units. ($2,500) Which means anything they to repair on your A/C deducts from that cap per year. But their advertising sure makes it look like they would fix A/C issues and happily take your money! F read lessL F.
- Business Description:We are a one stop shop for all your home warranty needs. Our upbeat and friendly support team is always at your fingertips to respond to questions about your warranty 365 days a year! Emergency claims will be addressed within 24 hours from time claim is submitted and non-emergency claims will be addressed within 48 hours Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm. During nights and weekends non-emergency claims will not receive a call back until the next business day. Our service call deductibles rang.. read lessRecent Review:They told me it was a covered repair and to get the work done and submit invoice and they would reimburse us. We got it done and submitted the invoice. After 3 months of constant follow up they covered part of the parts charge and none of the labor. Then, following up again, they responded with, WE ARE CLOSING THE BUSINESS read lessDebra C.
- Business Description:Ken Co Construction is a women owned construction service with 30 years of experience. We offer quality services that will stand the test of time, including new construction and remodeling work for both residential and commercial structures. We are also experienced working with air conditioning, electrical, plumbing and general contracting projects. At Ken Co, we are not only concerned with budgets and schedules; we also take pride in our superior craftsmanship, commitment to excellence a.. read less
Explore our Solution Center for helpful heating & cooling contractor articles
Garage heaters keep your car warm and prevent your pipes from freezing. But with a wide variety of types—gas, electric, propane, and infrared—it can be hard to know which model is right for you and your budget. This cost guide breaks it all down.
Leftover natural stone and bricks don’t need to end up in a landfill. Once a remodeling home project is complete, you can use luxury remnants like marble and quartzite as art, coasters, side tables, and more. Get inspired with these tips.
Find HVAC contractors in
- Melcher Dallas
- Saint Charles
- Prairie City
- Pleasant Hill
- West Des Moines
HVAC contractors in Chariton
Companies below are listed in alphabetical order.
To view top rated service providers along with reviews & ratings, Join Angi now!
- Advanced Heating & Air Conditioning3426 5th Ave S
Fort Dodge, Iowa
- Affordable Contracting & Handyman202 W North St
- All Service Moving - Long Distance Moving 747 S Monroe St 2063334424
- Appliance ZonePO Box 55
- AppliancePartsPros.com240 Edwards Street Southeast
- Advanced Heating & Air Conditioning
- C & K Comfort SystemsP.O. Box 678
North Sioux City, South Dakota
- Chamberlin Heating And Air Conditioning1108 Grandview Ave
- Clarinda Heating and Cooling720 S 12th St
- Comfortec Heating Cooling & Plumbing Inc1819 18th St
Spirit Lake, Iowa
- Complete Air-Care519 N 3rd St
Red Oak, Iowa
- Converse Conditioned Air3116 S Duff Ave Ste 100
- Cowden Industries1553 G64 Hwy
- Cunningham Inc808 South Market
- C & K Comfort Systems
- Ducts In A Row939 Main St
- Ducts In A Row
- eComMerchantSolutions (eCMS)10151 SE Sunnyside Rd Suite 495
- eComMerchantSolutions (eCMS)
- Jensen Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.519 West St PO Box 448
- Jensen Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc.
- Mid-Iowa Heating2427 Lacelle Road
- Mid-Iowa Heating
- Primo Heating And Cooling122 S Main St
- Primo Heating And Cooling
- The Schebler Co5665 Fenno Rd
- The Schebler Co
- United Heating & Air Conditioning4905 Hubbell Ave Ste 3
Des Moines, Iowa
- United Heating & Air Conditioning
- Van's Systems781 W Walcott Rd Lot # 102
- Van's Systems