Do you save money by DIYing it?
The total price for paint products and required supplies for average exterior home painting jobs is about $1,000, so take time to think carefully before you DIY to save money.
- Does your home have more than one story? If so, you might have to rent scaffolding to reach higher areas, adding to the cost of the job.
- Do you have the necessary equipment? Obviously, you can get a coat up on the outside of your house with only a standard brush or regular paint roller. However, that can take too long and minimize your satisfaction with the end results.
- Does your schedule allow for time to paint the exterior of your home? When taking time off work, you might end up losing more money than you‘ve saved by DIYing.
- Are you experienced at painting the exterior of houses? Exterior painting can involve some unique challenges. If you haven’t painted the outside of a home before, you might deal with annoyances or end up with a paint job you’re disappointed in.
Consider these factors before you decide to paint the outside of your house yourself. An experienced exterior home painting business might deliver a lot of value, making them worth any extra money you might spend.
Take some time to get estimates from experienced exterior house painting companies in Savannah before you decide. You may be happily surprised by how relatively inexpensive professional services are.
Important considerations when you hire an exterior house painting business
Start off with a little research. Obtaining a roster of exterior painting services in your hometown is a smart starting point. Once you do that, be certain to:
- Read comments from previous clients. One dissatisfied reviewer in a pool of ecstatic reviewers is no big deal, but a trend of unhappy reviewers might be reason to kick a painting service off your list.
- Arrange a few consults. Don’t accept estimates from painting companies who have yet to see your house firsthand. They should take time to walk around to determine the level of the job.
- Ask about insurance. You might not need a credentialed painting pro. Go over all local and state requirements to determine whether you do. Nonetheless, you should only hire insured contractors or painters. Doing so protects the painter’s interests and yours too.