W.D. Braddock Handyman Services Inc.

Founded 2009 • With Angi since March 2010

3500 Dunwoody Dr.

Pensacola, FL 32503

I am a one man Handyman Service. I have never used sub-contractors to date. I am a very detail person and always do my best . I have been in business since July, 2009. Jobs booked require 1/3rd payment before jobs get started. Cost depending on service required, Or lump sum, Time and material. 10%

05/30/2019

katherine I.

We corresponded via phone and email. All of the information and pictures were sent to schedule the repairs. Never heard from him again despite phone calls and emails to follow up.

Description of Work
Fence and greenhouse repair

Category fencing, handyman service

09/14/2017

Chris P.

I have just logged on to Angie's List and noticed the vendors rebuttal re 9/14/17 review. Many excuses-little fact. My email to you SUGGESTED hardiboard as an alternative if exact wood could not be found. I NEVER received any email from the vendor suggesting a supplier was found for needed wood - vendor needs to check their records. The vendor indicated that he paints a house "by hand" and charges by the hour. I am not willing to pay for these unreasonable manual labor costs.

Description of Work
siding replacement, exterior painting

08/14/2017

Chris P.

7/17/17 visit for estimate. 35 year old house-wood composite - wood no longer available based on previous work done on house. Vendor insisted he could find exact or comparable product. Vendor paints "by hand" at hourly rate- $$$$ !!! 1 month waiting for estimate. Vendor has not responded to several followup emails. Very abrasive attitude with obvious personal issues.

Description of Work
Needed house painted and one side of one-story house replaced.

Category drywall, handyman service, house painters

Sorry you fell this way. I let you know how much I charge from our first emails and told you when we had our first meeting together. Which within the first 5 min you were complaining to me how unpleased you were with all the other contractors you had hired in the pass and That I would not be able to find the type or shape of siding for you home. I had to interrupt you and let you know that I felt like I could find the some siding that would match your home. Via It could be wood, Cedar or treated pine. and That I would have to look at some of the Vendors I use. I had given you a hourly rate in or earlier emails. There is not way to give you lump sum amount due to how old your house was and how wet and the siding was with all the rain. Also I did not know what other problems I may find once I start replacing the old siding. I emailed you just yesterday morning tell you I may have found some siding that would match. and the vendor would let me know by the end of the month. I also informed you that due to all the rain we have had in our area That I would not do the work until the old siding on your house had and chance to DRY OUT for at least 2 to 3 weeks. You sent me and email back saying due to termites you want to go the Hardy board material. now. I am sorry But I cannot find your type hardy board material that matches your existing house siding. With is remarks I found this morning on Angieslist. I feel I may just pass on this project as I feel not matter what I do you will no be satisfied. I will let you know if I find the siding my vendor may have at the end of the month that matching your house old siding Best Regards, William D. Braddock

07/03/2017

Mike S.

There were several weather delays, as well as delays in the delivery of building materials, but otherwise construction went well. Service provider would text or email notice if he was running late. Also, he provides a daily email report of services rendered and hourly total to date, as well as cost of materials purchased in course of service. He brings and parks service trailer on site for duration of job for convenience. We are very pleased with quality of main deck installation. (The fascia, or edging, has yet to be delivered and installed.)

Description of Work
Reconstruction of a deck, using composite decking material, on an existing support structure. It was determined that existing joists were not spaced properly for new material, so interstitial support was added to firm-up structure. Our deck is large, with walkways and unusual shapes, so it was not a cut-and-dried job. Also, we asked for the construction of a larger outlying platform to replace the existing smaller platform.

Category decks, handyman service, woodworking

Thank you Mr. [Member Name Removed]. I know its been a while since I did the deck work for you. If you have any future work please let me know. 850-686-9320. mansfield85@bellsouth.net

09/20/2016

Jan B.

Mr. Braddock is an excellent worker, and is always very professional. He's personable and a pleasure to have around the house. He's very knowledgeable, and from my experience can do just about anything you might ask or need him to do. He did an excellent job of cleaning up at the end of each day. One of my favorite things he did was to send me an itemized list each evening of what he had accomplished that day along with a running tab of expenses and charges. My only qualifier would be that in the future I would prefer to get a quote for the job(s) rather than working on an hourly rate. Just my preference.

Description of Work
Mr. Braddock took care of a myriad of things that needed to be done around my new (to me) 25-year old house. He purchased the materials needed at Lowes. Among things taken care of were removing an old porch light and replacing with a new one; repairing a TV cable junction box; patching and painting wall behind TV; removing an old pocket door slide guide and installing two new ones; miscellaneous sanding and painting; modifying a rubber washer grommet to fit plastic tube bar in bathroom; replacing four water valves under sink in bathroom; replacing two water faucets; hanging pictures and heavy mirror; spray cleaned molded areas on brick house, walkways, vinyl eves and gutters, front door and windows; and took care of sagging gutter.

Category electrician, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

Hello Mrs. [Member Name Removed] hope your doing well. just reaching out to see if you need any work done. Best Regards, you can reach me at 850-686-9320 or mansfield85@bellsouth.net Have and blessed day William D. Braddock

03/03/2016

Lee T.

Went very well. really great job!

Description of Work
Washed house, patio's, driveway, walkway's and repaired gutter.

Category gutter repair, handyman service, pressure washing, patios

11/05/2015

Jan H.

Mr. Braddock always lets us know when he can be there and is there when he says. He provides daily updates on what he has done and the cost to date. Since we aren't handy at all, we depend on his help whenever something breaks or needs to be done.

Description of Work
Mr. Braddock has helped us on several occasions and has provided miscellaneous help around the house both inside and out.

08/13/2015

Michael C.

William is on a monthly retainer for us. He has done very good work for us for years. He has our back when we need honest work when we can not be in town to oversee our property.

Description of Work
General handyman

Category handyman service

Hey [Removed member name] thanks for the review. thank you and god bless for the work.

07/20/2015

Russell N.

This was a second visit by Mr. Braddock and we were very pleased with the results. We will schedule him again soon for some other projects.

Description of Work
repairs to a French door set (patio door).

06/25/2015

Russell N.

Mr. Braddock was courteous, professional and well-equipped for the tasks requested. Plans are in place for Mr. Braddock to return to complete additional items at our mutual convenience.

Description of Work
Various minor home repairs

Category handyman service

Thank you so much for the kind words look forward to working for you again in the future. Hope to make you one of my regular clients. Have a great weekend. Thankyou and God Bless for the work. William D. Braddock

05/06/2015

JoAnn M.

Mr. Braddock was quick to respond to messages, gave me a date and time he could come by to look at the house and give me a quote. Once we agreed on a price and date to start, he was on time, worked very hard, was extremely thorough, meticulous, took his time to do the job the right way. It took him almost two full days to complete the job, so I thought the price was fair for his time and a job well done. I was extremely impressed with how clean he was able to get my house. My house is siding and brick, the siding had mold on it, the brick was discolored, my porch has railings and banisters that were moldy. He did a great job cleaning it all. I have a Koi pond out front, he went above and beyond to protect the pond. I will be calling Mr. Braddock again when I need more work done.

Description of Work
Pressure washed and cleaned my entire house, driveway, walkway, mailbox.

Category handyman service

Thank you so much for your review i look forward to working for your family in the future. thankyou and God bless for the work, Have a Great weekend Best Regards William D. Braddock

04/30/2015

William C.

I was very pleased by the work Mr. Braddock did. He stayed on the job until it was done (working late when necessary) and showed excellent attention to detail. He cleaned up immaculately after himself and was pleasant to deal with. We left our dog in the back yard while he worked and were gone much of the time he was working. He proved himself to be very considerate and trustworthy. We have had plenty of rain since he completed the job, and they have performed very well! I would not hesitate to hire William again.

Description of Work
Cut away flashing from old screen porch awning, repaired rotted/damaged wood trim/soffit and prepared for painting, sealed, painted. Hung sectional gutters on either side of chimney and tied into existing gutters, removed old silicone caulk from chimney.

Category decks, gutter repair, handyman service, woodworking, house painters

Thankyou so much for the nice words . look forward to working for you again in the future. Thankyou and God Bless for the work. Best Regards, William D. Braddock

04/04/2015

Gina S.

I needed my house pressure washed before painting it. There was a lot of rust and mold stains, especially on the white trim, soffits and gutters. He did it right. I've had bad experience in the past with pressure washing where they damaged my fence so I was a bit worried if I should have my Hardie board pressure washed. Mr Braddock took time and was careful with it and it looks fine. He also gave me several bits of advice on other repair matters, which I appreciated.

Description of Work
Power washed entire house including patio and chimney.

Category handyman service, pressure washing, house painters

Hello Mrs. [Member Name Removed]. was happy to do the work. look forward to doing your next job. Best Regards, William D. Braddock

03/25/2015

Christopher R.

It went exactly as planned which is all we needed.

Description of Work
Showed up to help a single mom get organized and moved.

03/17/2015

Peter G.

Wanted him to fix fissure in two columns, install two sinks I provided, and fix the molding and a door frame.

Description of Work
Would like to have used his services, however, the price was 3 times what I was able to get from another person.

Category handyman service

I did not work for a [member name removed] that day or give a quote to him either. I was working on the another Angielist members house at the time. and My brother was hit by a car that night 3/11/15 and was killed here on west side of Pensacola. James Glenn Braddock I did not do Any work for this member . Regards, William D. Braddock

03/04/2015

Jason F.

Very professional, daily updates as to what he did and when he was coming to do something in the future. He scrubbed the windows that had some sort of bug residue on them and got them clean. Best job so far of power washing my house.

Description of Work
Power wash entire house, caulk windows, scrub areas damaged by squirrels

Category handyman service, pressure washing

Hello, Thank you so much for the great comments . It has been great working for you and look forward to continue working for you in the future. thankyou & God Bless William D. Braddock

02/13/2015

Andy T.

Everything went smoothly and repairs were completed in a timely manner. Mr. Braddock is organized and professional. We plan on using Mr. Braddock's services again in the future.

Description of Work
Mr. Braddock repaired and painted an exterior door and frame. He also repaired our wooden privacy fence.

Category fencing, handyman service, woodworking, dock building, house painters

01/31/2015

Nicholas T.

He attached a sheet metal plate to the 2 mounts. Then he was able to fasten to underside of counter using 2 screws for each plate where particle board was not eaten away. His craftsmanship was excellent. He is very skilled.

Description of Work
Anchor dishwasher to underside of kitchen counter. Particle board would not hold screws.

Category handyman service

Thank you [removed member name] it was great to meet you both and and look forward to working for you again in the future. Have a great day. Thank you and God bless for the work request William D. Bradddock

10/31/2014

Adele P.

We first hired Mr. Braddock to complete a specific set of tasks, mainly repairing doors and openings into our older home. After seeing the quality of his work, his multiple talents and professionalism, we contacted him in the months that followed to continue with our many home repairs and updates.

Description of Work
Installed folding attic ladder from garage; installed foam around attic vents; realigned & painted garage door; adjusted front door jamb & installed weather stripping; painted front porch light fixtures & pole lamp; and replaced & painted back storm door frame.

10/31/2014

Adele P.

We re-hired Mr. Braddock for a period of 3 months (February to mid-April) to complete a long list of repairs to the inside of our house. During this time he worked continuously on those tasks as well as some tasks that he suggested. Although his cost of service seems high, it should be noted that this cost includes all materials required for the job plus all new fixtures that were installed. We are extremely happy with Mr. Braddock's work and work ethics, and we recommend him without hesitation.

Description of Work
Repaired & painted 6 large columns on front porch; caulked & painted exterior doors & windows; repaired & painted portions of house trim; repaired wiring & installed doorbell & CO detector; reset sliding interior French doors; built & installed concrete step into house from garage; re-cemented brick steps into house; replaced interior light fixtures; painted attic entrance/frame; adjusted & painted folding closet doors; replaced 4 ceiling fans; replaced floor moulding; installed vacuum cleaner rack; removed wallpaper & painted walls; repaired china cabinet lighting; refinished & re-upholstered kitchen chairs; painted bathroom cabinets & replaced h/w.

Category handyman service

Hello (member name) Hope all is going well at your home and family. It has been a crazy last few months. with my surgery & my dads ER and hospital stays. Hope to get back on track with work soon. Thankyou for your great review and look forward to working with you again in the future.Always a pleasure working with you and your family. Tell next time God Bless & take care William D. Braddock

10/12/2014

Adele P.

Provider does very good work with much attention to detail and pride in workmanship. From our experience in his working for us off and on for past year, provider can do just about any repair you need -- electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, pressure washing, furniture finishing/re-upholstering, and even building from scratch. Since his charges are based on time & material, he seems to like working from a list whereby he can schedule his time to optimize the work done. Provider also improvises repairs by using existing materials when he can rather than purchasing everything new. In addition, he has on occasion identified things in house and yard that needed attention and/or repair that we hadn't noticed. We recommend this provider as a handyman and would definitely hire him for future work.

Description of Work
Provider worked for us off and on since November 2013 in three time periods. During this most recent period, the entire month of August, he performed tasks inside and outside of our house: plumbing repairs & installations; electrical repairs; replaced old bathroom vanity with a new bathroom vanity, sink & fixture; installed bathroom cabinetry; did drywall repair & painting; pressure washed house & walkways; blew leaves from house roof; designed & installed handicap ramp into house; and he built from scratch a beautiful mailbox to match our house.

Category drywall, electrician, handyman service, plumbing, pressure washing, woodworking, interior painters

Hello Mrs. (member name removed) and thank you for your review. I should be 100% after my surgery soon and look forward to working with you and your family once again in the future. I with you could have put in your reviews each time and completed a set of task over the year . Thank you and God Bless for the work Best Regards, William D. Braddock

05/07/2014

Michael C.

I read a negative review from April. This could not have been William because he was working for me. He could not have been in two places at the same time. I have employed William for over three years for many jobs. He is often heavily booked but has always worked with me to get the jobs done. I have been so impressed with his work and character that I have now placed him on a permanent monthly retainer for service. He is very professional and civic minded. He is the kind of man I am proud to know and I look forward to many years of our association. If you are fortunate enough to get his services you will be as satisfied as I have been.

Description of Work
Exterior cleaning and repairs, outdoor lighting, outdoor painting, gutter cleaning, chimney work, deck treatment, garage door repair, pressure washing, various other jobs.

Category appliance repair, decks, electrician, gutter cleaning, gutter repair, handyman service, house cleaning, lighting, deck cleaning, pressure washing, house painters

04/24/2014

Betty R.

It was not good. What he did was good whenever he would come. But we had him coming forever and never finished anything. Most of the time, he just wouldn’t either come or come in the afternoon. He would say he would come the next day and wouldn’t ever come. I just had a bad experience with him. He charged me $30 per hour. A lot of times he would come and wouldn’t have the materials that he needed so I have to go with him back to the big box stores to take the materials he needed and that was all on the hour. I bought him lunch several times because he would say he was hungry. I totally got screwed with him. Whenever he finished anything, it looks very nice but he never finished anything. He tried to do whatever job he was on. I would not recommend him to anybody.

Description of Work
W.D. Braddock Handyman Services came out to do painting, some little electrical stuff, and put in a fixture in the bathroom but he never finished the job.

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, house painters, interior painters

[Member Name]. I have never worked for you. EVER. I was busy working on another project in Gulf Breeze Fla that the time you indicarting on your report. I have never met you, work for you or know where you live. Please check you recipts . I need for this Member to call me this report taken off my review list. Thankyou. William D. Braddock Handyman Service. Inc.

02/14/2014

eric W.

They were very helpful. He did a good job. We were very pleased with him. What stood out about him was his quick response, good price and good workmanship.

Description of Work
I used the services of W.D. Braddock Handyman Services. He did a bunch of little things when we were selling the house, some painting, and other little jobs around the house.

Category handyman service

Thank you [member name removed]. But I don`t remember working for you. I don`t do work in Foley Al. anyway. Please double check your contractor. Thankyou Best Regards, William D. Braddock

02/07/2014

Denise O.

My house is painted brick. I employed Mr.Braddock to wash the whole exterior. He was careful not to use too much pressure which we both felt could not only damage the wood but remove paint. He did a good job and the house looks great.

Description of Work
Washed the exterior of my house with a combination of pressure washer, brush and chemical solution.

Category handyman service, pressure washing

Thankyou [member's name removed] for the great review. look forward to working for you again in the future. Best regards, William D. Braddock